My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I TRAVEL MY OWN PATH

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

Location : A little pocket universe after almost destroying the old one.

I TRAVEL MY OWN PATH Empty
PostSubject: I TRAVEL MY OWN PATH   I TRAVEL MY OWN PATH I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 2:09 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link], a relatively new artist on the Equestrian DJ scene, has just released a new album 'Orca' and plans to go on a country-wide promotional tour, with newcomer Gordy. Our musical reporter, Velvet Underground, went to interview the both sociable yet mysterious DJ for more info, as well as his outlook on music as a whole.

Q: Flame Disk, you have just recently released a new album, and are about to go on a promotional tour. What can fans expect from both?
A: Well, I've been trying to step out of my comfort zone, so In the new album, I have a compilation with a newer singer, Gordy.

Q: And what differences can we expect from this change?
A: Mostly a change in the style of the concert music. But I might have a bit more major concerts.

Q: Should we expect any new singles to be released from Orca?
A:Yes. Like I said, I have some unreleased songs from when I was first starting out in the music business that's being released.

Q: Now you are a relatively new face in a relatively new music scene. What do you say to those who haven't heard your sound yet? And those who haven't explored your genre?
A: Come to one of my concerts. You might like the music,and if you don't, it doesn't really matter. It's your choice of what music you listen to.

Q: Speaking of music preferences, you made some rather negative remarks of another modern genre of music, that is, rap. Care to elaborate on that?
A: Well, I do believe that people who make rap music don't really make true music, but like I said before, everyone has their preferences in music.

Q: And what is 'true' music?
A: Well, it all comes down to the opinion of the listener. Some like rap, some like country, some like whatever.

Q: And your opinion?
A: Anything but rap.

Q: And why, in your opinion, is rap not 'true' music?
A: All it really is is just people shouting poetry that is bashes another pony or group.

Q: So this new album is owned soley by you, but distributed through a label. Am I correct?
A: Yes.

Q: And am I correct to believe this setup is to maintain artistic integrity, whilst reaching to a wider audience?
A: Yes, that is correct. Once I'm more known, then I might move on to a bigger label.

Q: What do you say to those who fear you 'selling out'?
A: It's not gonna happen.

Q: Not many know a lot about you, Flame Disk. Whilst this has formed a 'mysterious' persona that appeals to many, some think that it makes you not very approachable. Was this your intent?
A: No it was not. I have always been approachable.

Q: Very well then. What got you into making music in the first place?
A: I'm not too sure. I've just been doing it since I was a colt.

Q: No major inspirational figures?
A: Nope. Although I did listen to earlier music and thought I could do better.

Q: So I guess that means instead of drawing influence from others you prefer striking out with your own style?
A: Exactly. I prefer to travel my own path

Q: So besides your own repertoire, are their any other artists you like?
A: Not really, no.

Q: What about those you collaborate with? Gordy, for instance?
A: Yes, I do like his music.

Q: No other singers/artists?
A: Not really, no.

Q: So what made you want to work with Gordy? What made him stand out?
A: Actually, it was our agents that set up the collaboration. We had nothing to do with it.

Q: Oh? What was their reasoning?
A: They thought that it was a long shot, but it might be the big thing that makes the label known around Equestria.

Q: What was it like, working with another artist?
A: It was confusing at first, but it got easy after a while.

Q: Any major creative conflicts? Minor creative conflicts?
A: Nope.

Q: No clashes whatsoever?
A: Nothing.

Q: Any plans to work with him in the future?
A: Yeah, a few. But they weren't set in stone.

Q: What about other artists?
A: Not really.

Q: So, about future projects...any in the works?
A: That, I cannot say. Or it wouldn't be a surprise.

Q: Of course. Well, we're almost out of time. Before we go, any last messages you want to say to our readers?
A: Don't stop reading. It's always good to know what's happening around Equestria.

'Orca' will be released on <date>, and Flame Disk will start his tour at <place> on <other date>.
Back to top Go down

I TRAVEL MY OWN PATH
Page 1 of 1