My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

practice makes perfect (open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
shinigami3

shinigami3

practice makes perfect (open) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: practice makes perfect (open)   practice makes perfect (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 3:53 am

heartspan smiled a very sweet and very confident smile.

" well i have already started. here you are talking to me as if there is not another person in all of the world." he teased " but rest assured if worse comes to worse i will magic you like i did the gem i gave you."

he took on a sudden serious tone.

" besides i am not here to change you. i like who you are, but from what you say it is also an impairment. That is all that needs changing and you are the only one capable, that is why so many ponies fail. You dont need to change, you need to not be impaired by yourself. If that makes sense."

He smiled sweetly.

" Of course, You can always do what i do when i am not sure or am a little scared. I place my trust in Luna that she will give me the words to say or the courage i need and that has always worked for me. " he concluded
Back to top Go down
Melody Heart

Melody Heart

PostSubject: Re: practice makes perfect (open)   practice makes perfect (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 12:34 am

Melody smiled as she realized that Heartspan was right about how she was becoming more comfortable with him. A thought dawned in her mind regarding whether or not this was because of Heartspan's nature or because she was beginning to emerge from the ways of her youth. Perhaps things were already beginning to change with regards to the way she conducted herself around ponies. However, it was undeniable that there was something inherently different about Heartspan - something that Melody didn't find or see in other ponies.

His statement about putting his trust in Luna gave her a mixture of surprise and confusion. She couldn't exactly trace the reason why, though. In this relatively short time that she had known Heartspan, she realized that she had assumed, possibly based on his demeanor and the way he conducted himself, that he would have trouble looking to someone else for strength. It was not a bad thing, by any means. In fact, it piqued Melody's intrest in a very honest way and made her have a desire to understand this interesting aspect of Heartspan more.

Although she was initially considering not asking any further about it, in the few moments after he brought it up, her curiosity superseded her reservations. Leaning forward slightly, she inquired,

"What about Luna do you find inspiring? I-I only ask because... um, if that method is going to have any hope of working for me... I need to have the same understanding of Luna that you do"
Back to top Go down
shinigami3

shinigami3

PostSubject: Re: practice makes perfect (open)   practice makes perfect (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 7:35 am

" Yes, that makes sense to me." he said and he leaned forward conspiratorially. " then i shall share my view on this. though in some ways perhaps it conflicts with other views that i have on the world. But that is just me i suppose. Well my family have always supported Luna, even while she was nightmare moon, but i won't bore you with that. I think you are looking for my more personal reasons."

he leaned back and looked into the sky as if he were looking at the moon itself.

" there is a lot i find inspiring but that isn't that important. lot's of ponies are inspiring. It's more that i feel like she listens and cares about those who want her to. I feel like i can trust her to take up the sword on my behalf or that she will give give me words or courage via magic. Alicorns are exceedingly powerful beings you know. "

he looked down at Melody.

" it is hard to put into words but i feel it is the same as asking you for something in your power. i dont want to get too far into my views on these things but i can sum it up as Luna is like a guardian angel, she protects the night and us ponies from the things that lurk there in. But it is always night somewhere so I think we have such protection during any time really. "

he suddenly blushed

" Maybe i...i don't know" he trailed off in embarrassment
Back to top Go down
Melody Heart

Melody Heart

PostSubject: Re: practice makes perfect (open)   practice makes perfect (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 11:28 pm

She listened to him with rapt attention, maintaining it until he concluded.

Sensing that he was feeling off somehow, she politely began with,

"Don't worry - what you're saying is making complete sense to me."

She smiled, fixed her glasses, and continued.

"One of the poems in 'Behind the Moon's Darkness' explores the idea that Princess Celestia only seems to act favorably to others when they submit themselves to her way of being whereas Princess Luna is more selfless and doesn't demand anything for her support and kindness. It goes in-depth, discussing if either method is inherently bad, good, or if they're both equally valid ways to rule over subjects."

Her voice was affected with a genuine excitment as she stated,

"I think that you would love that particular poem. It seems to share a lot of views with your personal ones."

Taking note of his saying that he didn't want to get to much into his personal beliefs at this time, she sheepishly sighed before saying,

"Sorry that I keep on bringing this whole thing up - I just love it when literature and daily life cross over."
Back to top Go down
shinigami3

shinigami3

PostSubject: Re: practice makes perfect (open)   practice makes perfect (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 6:44 pm

(sorry for the late reply)
heartspan smiled warmly
" Don't worry i don't mind it. I just don't want to overwhelm you with too many of my strange views." he replied shyly " i can be a bit fanatical and usually i don't share them with anypony. "

He took a deep breath.

" Your book intrigues me for sure. It sounds like something i would enjoy reading. Too bad you don't have a copy on you." he laughed " it is interesting when things overlap between the real and imagined, but i suppose in poetry it is more because it carries a piece of the authors spirit with it so is gorounded more in reality than some other art forms. " he continued " i am curious now that i have shared my views...what are yours? how do you see things? what do you rely on ?
Back to top Go down
Melody Heart

Melody Heart

PostSubject: Re: practice makes perfect (open)   practice makes perfect (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 5:30 am

Melody glanced towards the sky for a brief moment.

Throughout Melody's life, she had never really been asked about her own views on serious issues. She spent a lot of time thinking about the way she viewed the state of Equestria, the various political affairs that occurred, and the way in which she viewed the world around her, but did not exactly know how to convey these concepts to others.

As a mass of opinions and ideas raided her mind, she entreated,

"Gosh... I don't really know where to begin. Do you have anything specific that you're particularly curious about?"
Back to top Go down
shinigami3

shinigami3

PostSubject: Re: practice makes perfect (open)   practice makes perfect (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Heart smiled enthusiastically
" Of course my dear. i want to know your thoughts on our government and our princesses. Well, that first anyways. There is a ton i would like to hear about." he replied kindly.

He looked at his dear friend. It would be nice to get a glimpse of her personal opinions. Though he did like the thought of real life and fiction mixing.
Back to top Go down
Melody Heart

Melody Heart

PostSubject: Re: practice makes perfect (open)   practice makes perfect (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 7:09 am

The corners of her mouth raised ever so slightly as he called her his "Dear" and stayed in place as he continued to elaborate.

Beginning slowly so as to let her train of thought catch up with her words, she started at the place where it seemed most fitting to open.

“Honestly... I’ve never really had a chance to express my views on these matters. Living in the royal city... I’m sure you understand how pressuring it can be.”

She instinctively glanced to both sides as if making sure no one was listening, then, as if sighing a great weight from her conscious, explained,

“I’ve always felt slightly uneasy about how it’s all structured. I feel that corruption and imperfection is a part of life just like perfection and lawfulness is. We all follow the rule of two very wise, learned ponies who have had thousands of years to learn about ponykind and it’s flaws and strengths. However, I’ve always thought that... well, in the end, Celestia and Luna are still just two ponies.”

She paused for a moment as if she had finished her point. Immediately, however, as if a spark had hastily lit the flame of another idea, she added,

“It makes me wonder how they can truly oversee the entirety of Equestria with all of the attention that each area needs and deserves because, from my view and I’m sure those of many other ponies, they can’t. It’s like this: take two cups. No matter how strong or ‘perfect’ they are, if you try to pour in the equivalent of an entire country of ponies and their issues, needs, and wants, it very quickly won't matter what kind of cups you’re dealing with - they simply won't be able to contain it all.”

She took in a slow, deliberate breath and exhaled before asking,

”Do you get where I’m coming from?”
Back to top Go down
shinigami3

shinigami3

PostSubject: Re: practice makes perfect (open)   practice makes perfect (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 6:33 pm

Heartspan nodded his understanding.
" Yes, and it is true for certain. they are still just ponies like ourselves." he replied. " i find i agree in part with your concept. I believe that they are incapable of listening to every issue and taking care of every need all by themselves. Perhaps they have a secret police....."
he smiled at his little joke.
" Just kidding...." he continued. " But it makes me wonder a little why Luna's glass is kept so empty, empty enough to require two other princesses. Then also how much can each cup hold as it seems celestia is capable of quite a bit on her own. Maybe her power is waning? It is a very fascinating concept and i will have to think on it some. So, is there more to it?"
Back to top Go down
Melody Heart

Melody Heart

PostSubject: Re: practice makes perfect (open)   practice makes perfect (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 7:08 pm

Chuckling slightly, she responded with,

“Well... at least for that analogy - I don’t think so.”

She rested her cheek on her hoof and continued.

“I wonder if part of the reason that Luna doesn’t do as much as she could is because of Celestia’s mistrust. I sometimes get this feeling that she hands the majority of the responsibilities that aren’t hers to the other princesses because she has this inherent worry that Luna can’t be trusted. Granted, the events of Nightmare Night were... well, very... alarming. And, true, I don't personally know about Luna's behavior since then. However, seeing her after she became Luna once again... she's, without a doubt, a different pony now.”

Her tone became suddenly somber as she finished with,

“I trust that you’ll keep what I’m about to say to yourself - I’ve never spoken about this to anypony. I get very uneasy and worried when I think about the fact that the ruler of this land, the pony who we are all supposed to look up to and entrust with almost exclusive decision-making power, is unable to extend full trust to her own sister. It... it just, well, troubles me at times, I guess.”
Back to top Go down
shinigami3

shinigami3

PostSubject: Re: practice makes perfect (open)   practice makes perfect (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 7:23 pm

heartspan nodded his understanding.
" yes of course i will keep this to myself for sure." he replied in friendly fashion. " I agree it is troubling that our leader shows she trusts these new ponies more than her own kin. To me, i do not see a distinction between nightmare moon and the new luna as you might say. They seem to me the same pony. Nightmare moon simply was doing what she felt necessary at the time. I suppose though without being there ourselves we really don't have room to make judgement but i will still put my trust to Luna before any other princess regardless of her past or maybe because of it...she for sure was one who could stick up for her own beliefs right?"

he laughed a little.

" i am glad to hear your thoughts for sure. I will make sure to think on them. I wonder, what would you change of you yourself were to become a proncess?" he said thoughtfully.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: practice makes perfect (open)   practice makes perfect (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

practice makes perfect (open)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3