My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use

Go down 
+7
Vinyl Dash
Blind Side
Fireseeker
mcewanman
Doodle Bug
Korenav
Kenpachi Ramasama
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kenpachi Ramasama

Kenpachi Ramasama

Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use Empty
PostSubject: Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use   Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 6:04 pm

Topic is about allowing Batponies as an Other in OC creation. The canon Luna's guard was made up of Batponies. Which were just ponies with bat wings, slit eyes and maybe had fangs? Anyways I thought they were pretty cool and don't have any special powers such as Changelings, they are just a race of ponies.

Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use   Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 7:34 pm

My concern is that they may be overplayed too much, but zebras and such have shown that isn't the case lately. I think the real concern is if they are exclusive to just being Princess Luna's night guard or not. I think we must decide for ourselves that though. What do the rest of you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Doodle Bug

Doodle Bug

PostSubject: Re: Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use   Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 7:36 pm

I say go for it and just allow them
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

PostSubject: Re: Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use   Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 7:37 pm

Ah, it doesn't look like it'll do any harm. Guards go off duty anyway, and I don't even think it's possible to keep 24/7 guard of Luna.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use   Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 7:38 pm

I'm concerned about the lack of knowledge about the history of batponies. We don't know how they came to be. Are they just another type of pony? Or do they have a spell cast on them to make them that way if they become Luna's Guards.

However, so long as this issue isn't effectively skipped, and they aren't overplayed as Korenav said, I see no real problem with having them.
Back to top Go down
Blind Side

Blind Side

PostSubject: Re: Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use   Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 7:58 pm

Yeah, the lack of knowledge about them has me concerned as well. it'd be a much easier decision if there was something to get a little more info on them. But in the end, I gotta agree. I say give it a shot and see how it works out.
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

PostSubject: Re: Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use   Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 8:14 pm

I second this opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://mlp-foe-oc-rp.forumotion.com/
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

PostSubject: Re: Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use   Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 3:57 am

SOUNDS COOL! After all, we have the royal guards of Celestia, so why not Luna?
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

Location : A little pocket universe after almost destroying the old one.

PostSubject: Re: Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use   Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 4:16 am

Anyone going fully against this? No? Allow me to be devil's advocate then.

Apart the already raised concerns about lack of knowledge about what these batponies actually are, I cannot see any reason to make a batpony that cannot be similarly accomplished by making a normal pegasus.

The ONLY reason I can actually see is if the pony is explicitly part of Luna's entourage. As we know such ponies serve that role in the show, a batpony with that position will obviously be okay to RP as.
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

PostSubject: Re: Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use   Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 5:25 am

. . . But, if they're part of Luna's entourage, doesn't that mean there should be a limit? Or can they be INFINITE?! To infinity, and BEYOOOOOOONNND!
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use   Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 12:58 pm

I agree 100% with Intel. Sorry folks :/
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

PostSubject: Re: Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use   Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 1:19 pm

I find it pretty funny that everypony who disagrees has to keep apologising. It's just your opinion guys, not a discursive speech on whether the nazis were really all that bad.
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

PostSubject: Re: Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use   Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 7:21 pm

Intel does indeed raise a good point. Though, if a batpony was always to be part of Luna's entourage, then that would place at least some limitations on their ability to RP throughout the site, at least in my opinion. But still, why not? Having another species of pony would only add diversity to our community of OCs. It's not as if there are really any negative effects to adding such a species of OC.
Back to top Go down
Blind Side

Blind Side

PostSubject: Re: Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use   Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 7:37 pm

their are possible issues, but I don't see how giving it a shot could hurt. Even if just temporarily. as stated before, Intel does bring up a good point. in theory, you could acheive the same thing with a normal pegasus. though, in my opinion, adding that extra level of diversity adds a few RP possibilities. how vastly different they look could add some interesting mental battles that could make a few RPs just that much more interesting.

So, I still stand on my opinion on giving it a shot.
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

PostSubject: Re: Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use   Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 7:51 pm

How about we put it to vote then? All in favour say "eeyup". All in refusal say "neigh.".
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

Location : A little pocket universe after almost destroying the old one.

PostSubject: Re: Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use   Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 7:59 pm

I say only allow it if the member makes actual use of the fact that s/he's a batpony. No batpony 'just because'.

In fact, I'd recommend restricting it so batponies have to be under Luna's employ, and posters can play with that.

So...a heavily restricted 'yeah?'

Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use   Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 8:00 pm

dontpressenter wrote:
I say only allow it if the member makes actual use of the fact that s/he's a batpony. No batpony 'just because'.

In fact, I'd recommend restricting it so batponies have to be under Luna's employ, and posters can play with that.

So...a heavily restricted 'yeah?'

Much like with griffons or crystal ponies? I concur.
Back to top Go down
Blind Side

Blind Side

PostSubject: Re: Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use   Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 8:05 pm

100% agree with Intel. It's a quite restricted yes from me.
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

PostSubject: Re: Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use   Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 9:22 pm

*Nods* I second this opinion as well.
Back to top Go down
Kenpachi Ramasama

Kenpachi Ramasama

PostSubject: Re: Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use   Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:33 pm

The batpony I was making was going to be in the lunar guard. Does this satisfy?
Back to top Go down
Callilian

Callilian

PostSubject: Re: Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use   Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 11:17 pm

Agreed with Intel. Restrictions are good. I do wonder, however, whether you could just make a Pegasus with strange wings. After all, there are unicorn/zebra crossovers.
Back to top Go down
Blind Side

Blind Side

PostSubject: Re: Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use   Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 11:44 pm

there's a unicorn/zebra crossover here? I knew of the pegasus/zebras (sadly) but I didn't know about them.
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

PostSubject: Re: Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use   Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 12:44 am

And then Shadowfax over here, being selfish...
Back to top Go down
Callilian

Callilian

PostSubject: Re: Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use   Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 2:34 am

Or there was, since Sunny decided to murder all her OCs save Sunny Days. Here's the app, anyways.

https://mlp-fim-oc-rp.rpg-board.net/t1513-neon-stripe

Side, you approved it yourself -_-

There may be a mistake in it, however, as the father is stated as a pegasus. So I don't know.

Anyways... Back on topic!!
Back to top Go down
Blind Side

Blind Side

PostSubject: Re: Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use   Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 3:03 am

hmm. ok, that's interesting lol

but yes, back on topic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use   Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Batpony Civil Rights movement. Allowing them in RP use
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next