My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just need to take the air...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Naturematthe

Naturematthe

Just need to take the air... Empty
PostSubject: Just need to take the air...   Just need to take the air... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 10:37 am

Everypony can be inspired by absolutely different things. Sometimes the ideas just come without warning, and sometimes they have to be looked for.
Airy Movement knew both, and he had learned to handle both scenarios. He never left his little cabin between Ponyville and Whitetail Wood without his saddlebags, or more exactly: without the things he had inside them.
He often came here to wait for ideas. Sometimes he had ideas coming into his head without warning, but... Well, I already told you about that. He just had to come here and be quiet, and all the different sounds of the forest formed a wonderful symphony inside his head and gave him ideas for his pieces of music.
He loved music. It was his only talent he had not lost in his accident a year ago, and it was the most precious thing he owned now.
Airy opened his eyes again and dipped his quill into the ink pot he had brought here. He quicky drew lines into a piece of pergament and placed dots between and onto these lines. Notes.
Once he started composing, he forgot everything around him for a while, and that was good, at least most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Gloom/SprinkleFuzz

Gloom/SprinkleFuzz

PostSubject: Re: Just need to take the air...   Just need to take the air... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 1:13 pm

Gloom had heard this was a nice place. He has heard about the different beauties that were here, so he decided to take a stroll through Whitetail Wood. After a bit of walking, he was already glad he chose to go here next. Then, he saw the silhouette of a pony. No wait, it was a wagon. Gloom was very confused, so he decided to go take a look. "What happened to you?" He asked the pony as he walked towards him.
Back to top Go down
Naturematthe

Naturematthe

PostSubject: Re: Just need to take the air...   Just need to take the air... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 1:22 pm

When Airy suddenly heared an other pony's voice, he flinched. He had been so lost in his work that he had not even noticed that somepony had approached.
It was a gray pegasus, a little bigger than Airy and obviously a little heavier.
"Oh, hi. Sorry, I haven't noticed you coming. I have been a little... distracted." He raised a hoof and ran it over his mane. "Did I forget to brush my mane again? Or has my coat become muddy? Sorry, sometimes I don't even notice it if I get dirty."
Back to top Go down
Gloom/SprinkleFuzz

Gloom/SprinkleFuzz

PostSubject: Re: Just need to take the air...   Just need to take the air... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 1:33 pm

He was surprised that the pony didn't know what he was talking about. "No, I was talking about that" he said as he was pointing to the wheel... thing... Just then a leaf blew in to Glooms face. Gloom of course reacted to this by jumping and hiding his head with his hooves while down on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Naturematthe

Naturematthe

PostSubject: Re: Just need to take the air...   Just need to take the air... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 1:43 pm

Airy looked at the pony with an astonished facial expression. This pony seemed to be extremely skittish...
"Don't worry, it's just a leaf that touched your face. No need to worry", he said without being able to refrain from grinning.
"Oh, and about my wheelchair...", Airy started. He did not like to talk about it, as it still hurt him, even a year later. "I had an accident. I'm sorry, but I don't want to say much more. I think you can understand that." A single tear rolled down his face. He wiped it away and started speaking again. "Sorry. Have I already introduced myself? I'm Airy Movement. Would you like to tell me your one?"
Back to top Go down
Gloom/SprinkleFuzz

Gloom/SprinkleFuzz

PostSubject: Re: Just need to take the air...   Just need to take the air... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 3:49 pm

"Oh..." he said as he got up cautiously. Gloom had noticed the tear run down his face. He felt so terrible that he was the cause of this. He knew not to say anything more about it. "Its nice to meet you Airy! I'm Gloom." he said as he extended his hoof for a friendly handshake.
Back to top Go down
Naturematthe

Naturematthe

PostSubject: Re: Just need to take the air...   Just need to take the air... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 4:24 pm

OT: I really hope you meant hoofshake ;)

"Gloom", Airy repeated and shook his new friend's hoof. A few months ago this would have been impossible for him, but he had learned to keep his balance when raising one of his fore hoofs. "A nice name. I'm... wait, you know that already. Sorry, sometimes I'm a bit mixed up when I'm composing." Airy had to laugh.
"And... if I'm allowed to ask, what brings you here?"
Back to top Go down
Gloom/SprinkleFuzz

Gloom/SprinkleFuzz

PostSubject: Re: Just need to take the air...   Just need to take the air... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 6:40 pm

"Oh, um, I'm here because I'm a little new to Ponyville, so I've decided to check out everything here." Gloom answered. "This place is much better than the Everfree Forest. I almost got eaten by a manticore in there." He said as he thought back about what happened that day. "What brings you here?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
Naturematthe

Naturematthe

PostSubject: Re: Just need to take the air...   Just need to take the air... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 6:47 pm

"This", Airy replied shortly and opened his saddlebags. "I'm always coming here when I need some inspiration."
He took out one of his note sheets and laid them on the ground between Gloom and him. "I'm writing a piece of music for piano, and because I wasn't able to come up with something new at home, I decided to try it here. It's like that: I listen to all the sounds around me and try to sort them in my head. And if everything is right, they start to sing for me, and I write it down. I often write my pieces of music like that."
Back to top Go down
Yarrowtail

Yarrowtail

PostSubject: Re: Just need to take the air...   Just need to take the air... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 2:18 am

(If I can post here, read this. If I can't... ignore this.)

Suddenly, a melodious tune was heard. A brown unicorn with a green mane came prancing along. "Hello!" she said in a singing voice. The mare looked at the scene. "I dearly hope I'm not interupting anything!" She said, worried.
Back to top Go down
Naturematthe

Naturematthe

PostSubject: Re: Just need to take the air...   Just need to take the air... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 3:47 pm

"Hello! I dearly hope I'm not interupting anything!"
Airy looked at the pony that had arrived here. He couldn't help but to think that the pony somehow looked like a tree...
"Oh, no, you aren't", Airy said. "We were just introducing each other. If you want, you can join us."
Once again he looked at the pony. he just couldn't help it, but she really looked like a tree to him.
"My name's Airy Movement, what's yours?"
Back to top Go down
Yarrowtail

Yarrowtail

PostSubject: Re: Just need to take the air...   Just need to take the air... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 6:38 pm

"My name's Airy Movement, what's yours?"
"I'm Melody!" she said in the same beautiful voice. "What is that on the ground? Those papers... is that music?" she exclaimed, eyeing them over. "Gorgeous... amasingly composed..."
Back to top Go down
Naturematthe

Naturematthe

PostSubject: Re: Just need to take the air...   Just need to take the air... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 6:42 pm

Airy was quite surprised by Melody's reaction. Well, her name and her cutie mark told him that she absolutely wasn't bad with music, but that she was able to take one single look at his notes and tell him that it was good music... He hadn't met many ponys with such abilities yet.
"Oh... er... thank you", Airy said slowly. "It's just a work in progress, though. I came here to get some inspiration.
Hey, you also seem to be into music, Melody. What instruments are you playing? or are you a composer like me?"
Back to top Go down
Yarrowtail

Yarrowtail

PostSubject: Re: Just need to take the air...   Just need to take the air... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 6:56 pm

"Hey, you also seem to be into music, Melody. What instruments are you playing? or are you a composer like me?"
"Actually, I sing." said Melody. "And may I ask, what is that piece played on?"
Back to top Go down
Naturematthe

Naturematthe

PostSubject: Re: Just need to take the air...   Just need to take the air... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 7:05 pm

Singing... That was perfect for him. He was able to sing, too, but he wasn't able to sing and play the piano at the same time, and duets were an other impossible thing.
"And may I ask, what is that piece played on?"
"Oh, this one?", Airy asked and picked up one of his sheets. "It's for piano. I started it a few days ago, but I wasn't able to proceed at one point, so I came here. But I think I know what I have to do now."
He took a clipboard out of his saddlebag and started writing.
"Hey, if you don't mind, I'd like to ask you something", he suddenly said.
Back to top Go down
Yarrowtail

Yarrowtail

PostSubject: Re: Just need to take the air...   Just need to take the air... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 7:07 pm

"Hey, if you don't mind, I'd like to ask you something"
"Yes, dear?" she said, a little taken back by the sudden question.
Back to top Go down
Naturematthe

Naturematthe

PostSubject: Re: Just need to take the air...   Just need to take the air... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 7:23 pm

"Well...", Airy started. "This sheets aren't the only ones carrying my compositions. I composed a song a while ago, but I can't sing and play piano at the same time. So, as you're a singer, maybe you could help me with that. Don't worry, I can teach you the vocal parts."
Airy looked at the pony again. Maybe he had asked that question a little too suddenly...
Back to top Go down
Yarrowtail

Yarrowtail

PostSubject: Re: Just need to take the air...   Just need to take the air... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 7:26 pm

"This sheets aren't the only ones carrying my compositions. I composed a song a while ago, but I can't sing and play piano at the same time. So, as you're a singer, maybe you could help me with that. Don't worry, I can teach you the vocal parts."
"Oh!" she said brightening. "Why didn't you say so earlier? I'd love to!"
Back to top Go down
Naturematthe

Naturematthe

PostSubject: Re: Just need to take the air...   Just need to take the air... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 7:32 pm

Why didnt't you say earlier? When?, Airy thought with a smile forming on his face. "Great! Are you living in Ponyville, too? That would make things much easier. I've got everything we need at my place."
He started to pack his sheets and the clipboard back into his saddlebags. "If you don't mind, I'd like to start as soon as possible. And, before I forget that, are you more the soprano or the alto?"
Back to top Go down
Yarrowtail

Yarrowtail

PostSubject: Re: Just need to take the air...   Just need to take the air... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 8:58 pm

"If you don't mind, I'd like to start as soon as possible. And, before I forget that, are you more the soprano or the alto?"
"Soprano," she replied. "and I live right near the edge of Whitetail wood; ponyville side."
Back to top Go down
Naturematthe

Naturematthe

PostSubject: Re: Just need to take the air...   Just need to take the air... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 7:17 pm

"Soprano", Airy repeated. "That's perfect. So, what time would be the best for you? I'm free most of the time, so I'll probably be able to find a time that's also okay for you."
He opened one of his saddlebags and searched through his notes.
"oh, looks like I didn't bring the notes with me. If you don't mind, I'd like to give them to you as soon as possible, or now if that's okay for you."

OT: Sorry I haven't posted for such a long time... My fault.
Back to top Go down
Yarrowtail

Yarrowtail

PostSubject: Re: Just need to take the air...   Just need to take the air... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 7:45 pm

"I'l take the notes now... and..." Melody replied, deep in thought. "Yes... I should be free for a while."

OT: That's fine, I understand.
Back to top Go down
Naturematthe

Naturematthe

PostSubject: Re: Just need to take the air...   Just need to take the air... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 3:49 pm

"Then follow me!", Airy said happily and rolled away, always making sure that Melody was able to keep up. Even with his wheelchair he was able to go very fast, or maybe because of it?
Well, that didn't matter.
The way to his house wasn't too far, so they arrived after a short while.
"Here we are. Can I offwer you something, like a cup of chocolate milk or so?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just need to take the air...   Just need to take the air... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just need to take the air...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP :: Equestria :: Ponyville :: Whitetail Wood-
Jump to: