My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Masquerde melody

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MasqueradeMelody

MasqueradeMelody

Masquerde melody Empty
PostSubject: Masquerde melody   Masquerde melody I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 11:34 pm

Name: Masquerade Melody

Nickname/Alias: Anything anypony wishes to call me.

Race: Unicorn

Additional Status: Has a ‘shoulder angel and devil’ that she talks to and since she doesn't talk alot she talks to her head but she at times would talk out loud. She also has a small fox name KID and a albino lassapoo named Arty(the name is from the definition). She also reads fanfiction.

-Physical Stuff-
Pelt Color: Purple-red

Mane/Tail Color and Style: Red with blue at the bottom and is usually swept back.

Eye Color: Blue with a little violet

Cutie Mark: A frowning mask and smiling mask and on the strings of the mask are music notes.

Other Scars/Markings: Extra ordinary markings or old wounds that have left a mark over time.

Physique: A tall and lengthy bony

-Social Stuff-
Current Residence: Just outside ponyvill.
Family: Doesn't live with family.

-Personality Stuff-

Likes: The color red: Her favorite color is red for, quite morbidly, blood. Whatever food she’s in the mood in: She always has a different favorite food each day or week. Mythology: She finds interest in mythology and the stories. Reading: Because of her love of fanfiction, ect. she’s usually always reading. Music: To her music brings color to the dull and boring world. Practicing magic: Because of her need to know random things she learns magic others don't really learn (like twilight abit) although she will practice regular magic. All types of animals: She gets along with animals and loves reading about them. Moon: While she does respect Celestia she doesn’t like the sun in general because of the brightness.

Dislikes: Doesn’t like crowds: Due to her social inadaptability she can’t deal with a lot of people. People/pony that doesn’t generally belong in this universe: Although she will excuse people if they have a reason she approves of, such as thieves who have to steal for their family. Gossip: Due to believing gossip as an “uninteresting” distraction she tends to stay away from gossiper’s. Girly girls: Dresses, make-up, skirts, essentially a very feminine pony, mostly because she hates make-up, because she believe it makes you fake and dresses and skirts too airy.

Fears: Ghost: Since she was a young foal, after watching a scary movie (Lights out was terrifying, eep!) she’s had, to her, an irrational fear of ghost. Social interaction: Due to her above average intelligence she find it hard to talk to those her age and feels that she can only talk to older people sometimes. Afraid of being indifferent: She knows emotions are important in some interactions and is afraid of being indifferent.

Overall Persona:  Introvert, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging, Assertive.

With a natural thirst for knowledge, given the title of “bookworm” as a child. Proud of it, greatly enjoying her broad and deep body of knowledge. She enjoy sharing what she knows as well, confident in her mastery of their chosen subjects, she prefers to design and execute a brilliant plan within her field rather than share opinions on “uninteresting” distractions like gossip.

Masquerade is simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealist and the bitterest of cynics.  At times it will seem that she is bent on deconstructing and rebuilding every idea and system she comes into contact with, employing a sense of perfectionism and even morality to this work. Anyone who doesn’t have the talent to keep up with her processes, or worse yet, doesn’t see the point of it is likely to immediately and permanently lose her respect. Not impulsive, Masquerade will strive to remain rational no matter how attractive the end goal may be. This mechanism is applied at all times, to all things and all people, and this is often where she will run into trouble.

Masquerade is brilliant and confident in bodies of knowledge she has taken the time to understand, but unfortunately the social contract is unlikely to be one of those subjects. White lies and small talk are hard enough as it is for a type that craves truth and depth, but Masquerade may go so far as to see many social conventions as downright stupid. Ironically, it is often best for her to remain where she is comfortable – out of the spotlight – where the natural confidence prevalent in Masquerade as she works with the familiar can serve as its own beacon, attracting people, romantically or otherwise, of similar temperament and interests.

Masquerade has tendency to move through life as though it were a giant chess board, pieces constantly shifting with consideration and intelligence, always assessing new tactics, strategies and contingency plans, constantly outmaneuvering her peers in order to maintain control of a situation while maximizing her freedom to move about. This isn’t meant to suggest that she will act without conscience, Masquerade's distaste for acting on emotion can make it seem that way.

Strengths:  
•Quick, Imaginative and Strategic Mind: Masquerade prided herself on her mind, taking every opportunity to improve her knowledge, and this shows in the strength and flexibility of her strategic thinking. Insatiably curious and always up for an intellectual challenge, Masquerade can see things from many perspectives. Masquerade uses her creativity and imagination not so much for artistry, but for planning contingencies and courses of action for all possible scenarios.

•High Self-Confidence: Masquerade trusts her rationalism above all else, so when she comes to a conclusion, she has no reason to doubt her findings. This creates an honest, direct style of communication that isn't held back by perceived social roles or expectations. When Masquerade’s right, she's right, and no amount of politicking or hand-holding is going to change that fact – whether it's correcting a person, a process, or herself, she'd have it no other way.

•Independent and Decisive: This creativity, logic and confidence come together to form Masquerade’s ‘stand on her own and take responsibility for her own actions’ personality. Authority figures do not impress her, nor do social conventions or tradition, and no matter how popular something is, if she has a better idea, Masquerade will stand against anyone she have to in a bid to have it changed. Either an idea is the most rational or it's wrong, and Masquerade will apply this to her arguments as well as her own behavior, staying calm and detached from these sometimes emotionally charged conflicts. Masquerade will only be swayed by those who follow suit.

•Hard-working and determined: If something piques her interest, Masquerade can be astonishingly dedicated to her work, putting in long hours and intense effort to see an idea through. Masquerade is incredibly efficient, and if tasks meet the criteria of furthering a goal, she will find a way to consolidate and accomplish those tasks. However, this drive for efficiency can also lead to a sort of elaborate laziness, wherein Masquerade find ways to bypass seeming redundancies which don't seem to require a great deal of thought – this can be risky, as sometimes double-checking one's work is the standard for a reason.

•Open-minded: All this rationalism leads to a very intellectually receptive personality type, as Masquerade can stay open to new ideas, supported by logic, even if (and sometimes especially if) one can prove Masquerade's previous conceptions wrong. When presented with unfamiliar territory, such as alternate lifestyles, Masquerade tends to apply her receptiveness and independence, and aversion to rules and traditions, to these new ideas as well, resulting in fairly liberal social senses.

•Jacks-of-all-Trades: Masquerade' open-mindedness, determination, independence, confidence and strategic abilities create individuals who are capable of doing anything she set her minds to. Excelling at analyzing anything life throws her way, Masquerade are able to reverse-engineer the underlying methodology of most any system and apply the concepts that are exposed wherever needed. Masquerade tends to have her pick of professions, from forensic anthropologist to political masterminds.

Weaknesses/Flaws:
•Arrogant: Masquerade is perfectly capable of carrying her confidence too far, falsely believing that she resolved all the pertinent issues of a matter and closing herself off to the opinions of those she believe to be intellectually inferior. Combined with her irreverence for social conventions, Masquerade can be brutally insensitive in making her opinions of others all too clear.

•Judgmental: Masquerade tends to have complete confidence in her thought process, because rational arguments are almost by definition correct – at least in theory. In practice, emotional considerations and history are hugely influential, and a weak point for Masquerade is that she brands these factors and those who embrace them as illogical, dismissing them and considering her proponents to be stuck in some baser mode of thought, making it all but impossible to be heard.

•Overly analytical: A recurring theme with Masquerade is her analytical prowess, but this strength can fall painfully short where logic doesn't rule – such as with human relationships. When her critical minds and sometimes neurotic level of perfectionism (often the case with Turbulent Masquerade, where she’s self-conscious and sensitive to stress. She experiences a wide range of emotions and tends to be success-driven, perfectionist and eager to improve. She is also more willing to change jobs if she feels stuck in their current one and to spend time thinking about the direction in which her life is going.) are applied to other people, all but the steadiest of friends will likely need to make some distance, too often permanently.

•Loathe highly structured environments: Blindly following precedents and rules without understanding them is distasteful to Masquerade, and she disdain even more authority figures who blindly uphold those laws and rules without understanding her intent. Anyone who prefers the status quo for its own sake, or who values stability and safety over self-determination, is likely to clash with Masquerade. Whether it's the law of the land or simple social convention, this aversion applies equally, often making life more difficult than it needs to be.

•Clueless in romance: This antipathy to rules and tendency to over-analyze and be judgmental, even arrogant, all adds up to Masquerade’s often clueless in dating. Having a new relationship last long enough for Masquerade to apply the full force of her analysis on her potential partner's thought processes and behaviors can be challenging. Trying harder in the ways that Masquerade knows best can only make things worse, and it's unfortunately common for her to simply give up the search. Ironically, this is when she's at her best, and most likely to attract a partner.
-------------------------------
RP segment
1. A foal has lost its mother and is sobbing inconsolably in the street . Given your OC’s personality, compose a brief narrative in which your OC identifies and addresses the situation.

It was a nice day the sky blanketed by clouds only allowing the light of the day and no rays. Melody was walking through the mildew park humming to herself till she heard crying. She turned and saw a beige filly crying behind a low oak tree its leaves covering her casting her in shadows and if it wasn't for Melody's point-on hearing and observation for details she would have missed the foal. Walking over she sat down next to the filly as the foal tensed a bit after awhile the filly started to cry again.

Up close the filly had curly brown hair that fades to a slight forest green with a blue bow pulling her hair into a low pony's tail and a matching one on the filly's brown tail that had a single grass green stripe. Melody just sat there when the filly spoke up.

"Thank you miss." said the filly in in a clogged up accented voice that reminded her of those from Canterlot and Manehatten.

"No problem" She replied in a lighter tone from her indifferent and flat tone that had a slight rumble to it. "May I inquire whats got a lady such as you self in a down?"

"Mama died of Firo-Pyro manes?" The filly scrunched of her face as she tried the unfamiliar word. "Pyromaniac Fire miss..."

"Anya Mareian"

Melody turned to Anya and told her in a motherly voice, "Well Miss Anya Mareian I'm Masquerade Melody and I felt a slimier felling when my father disappeared, but you know what..."

"What?" Inquired Anya lifting her head showing her rusty brown eyes. Melody looked up basking her face in the now appearing sun the pokes through the leaves highlighting her red fur and Violet-Blue eyes. "I moved on and thought of things he would want and what I wanted and that motivated me enough that I just have fun with my music." She showed her cutie mark which was a frowning mask and smiling mask and on the strings of the mask are music notes of different kinds as the wind blowing at her mostly blood-red hair and the shining blue at the bottom of her hair.

"Okay." Said Melody smiling down at Anya and Anya grinned back at her nodding, "Okay."
________
"Acceptence"

Last edited by MasqueradeMelody on Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:30 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Doodle Bug

Doodle Bug

Masquerde melody Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masquerde melody   Masquerde melody I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2016 1:12 am

Hiya!! I'm Doodle Bug, your friendly neighborhood admin! If you have any questions or concerns please don't be shy to ask either me or one of the orange colored folk you see in the chat!

This is a very interesting App! Normally we usually have people fill out apps already provided on the forum found here: https://mlp-fim-oc-rp.rpg-board.net/t2-pony-creation-template

But, since you've worked so hard on this, I'll allow it! I do, however, see several issues that need correcting such as:

1. At the top on the "Additional status" where this happens: Additional Status: Has a ‘shoulder angel and devil’ that she talks to. She also loves anime and reading which lead to being a yaoi fangirl although she is usually calm about it. She also has a small mechanical fox name KID and a albino lassapoo named Arty(the name is from the definition).

~She can have the 'shoulder angel and devil' but they need to exist completely inside of her own mind (such as a conscience).

~We don't know if ponies even have TV or computers that aren't archaic or somewhat mainly with flashing lights and buttons used just for spitting out sheets upon sheets of research notes. So Anime and Yaoi is out. (Yaoi wouldn't be allowed as this is a completely SFW forum)

~I will allow the reading of fan fiction if gotten from the library as the mane 6 as well as the wonder bolts are quite famous and probably have stories written about them all the time.

~She can have the dog, but the mechanical fox is a no-go as Equestrian tech is only limited to what's needed such as house hold light switches, fans Ect but even still we're not sure if it even is electricity or some kind of magic. They seem to be somewhere in between pre-tech and early tech so I doubt a robot fox would be even considerable.

2. "Family: No current family",

~You say she has no current family but never really answered why this is? was she a runaway orphan who was never adopted or did something happen to her family when she was old enough to take care of herself?

3. "Music: To her music brings color to the dull and boring world. Practicing magic: Because of her need to know random things she learns obscure magic although she will practice regular magic."

~What kind of obscure magic? Where did she learn about this magic and how is it different from the regular unicorn magic?

4. "People/pony that doesn’t generally belong in this universe:"

~We are completely an Equestrian based MLP OC role play site, If you'd like to play a human, it needs to be in the Equestria girls section underneath the AU. No ponies cross upon the EQG world as humans do not cross upon the Pony world.

5. The word at the bottom of the app/being too OP?

~This word is found in the rules letting us know you've read them! (It can be found in "Character creations". I will allow the extreme smarts but be careful as it could be used in the wrong manner and make the character too "Overpowered" towards the other RP'ers.

Fix these and you'll be good to go :D also Welcome to our forum!!! We're so happy you've decided to join us and we hope you'll enjoy your time here! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Doodle Bug

Doodle Bug

Masquerde melody Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masquerde melody   Masquerde melody I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2016 2:27 am

You're just missing the word at the bottom and within the "Likes" the third thing I mentioned is still unanswered ^^. Also, do you have a picture of her? What does this new, unfound magic do? What's it used for?
https://mlp-fim-oc-rp.rpg-board.net/t1169-the-rules

Back to top Go down
Doodle Bug

Doodle Bug

Masquerde melody Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masquerde melody   Masquerde melody I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2016 10:55 pm

Masquerde melody Screen10

:)

This is the last thing!
Back to top Go down
Doodle Bug

Doodle Bug

Masquerde melody Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masquerde melody   Masquerde melody I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2016 10:50 am

Perfect! You've been approved!! Welcome and enjoy RPing!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Masquerde melody Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masquerde melody   Masquerde melody I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Masquerde melody
Page 1 of 1