My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

An Artifact and a Collector

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lost Heart

Lost Heart

An Artifact and a Collector Empty
PostSubject: An Artifact and a Collector   An Artifact and a Collector I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 11:36 pm

With the Well detached from the leyline, and sealed up, Revenant's job was done. As the other ponies celebrated their success and the reversal if their enchantments, Revenant smiled a little and turn to leave. As he slowly walked back down the path, away from the wall and away from the other ponies, his thoughts turned to the mare he had met. And as he continued to march on, his mind began to wander, and he began to sing an old ballad he had learned when he was a foal.
Back to top Go down
OneUnknownEnigma

OneUnknownEnigma

Location : Drinking tea in a garden under the green umbrella trees in the middle of summer.

PostSubject: Re: An Artifact and a Collector   An Artifact and a Collector I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 11:55 pm

The Well was quiet again now. Knick Knack took a moment, just to linger over it... she might not ever encounter something like this again. It wasn't until she looked around that she realised the mysterious armoured stallion had vanished from the group of ponies. It was only then that it hit her how many more questions she had to ask – how many things he had left unanswered. Excusing herself hurriedly, she turned in the direction that she had last seen him and trotted after him, hoping she was heading the right way...

The forest was already turning dark and unfriendly again without the group of other ponies, and she thought she must have made a mistake in direction before she heard a soft thread of a song winding between the trees. She slowed her pace a little to a cautious but quick walk, and made her way towards the noise.
Back to top Go down
Lost Heart

Lost Heart

PostSubject: Re: An Artifact and a Collector   An Artifact and a Collector I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 12:05 am

As Revenant continued to sing he slowly came to a stop, and slowly stopped singing, and began to frown. Surely she hadn't meant that much to him, had she?

Back to top Go down
OneUnknownEnigma

OneUnknownEnigma

Location : Drinking tea in a garden under the green umbrella trees in the middle of summer.

PostSubject: Re: An Artifact and a Collector   An Artifact and a Collector I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 6:54 am

((Cute how Knick and Just both sing to themselves when walking))

Knick went to call out, and then rather abruptly realised that the pony had never even introduced himself. More than that, he had avoided the subject of his name altogether. She came to a halt. How much did she know about him, really? Could she even trust him? And how much would playing it safe be worth to her over perhaps finding some answers?

But then the singing stopped, and Knick Knack realised she did care quite a bit about finding out more from the mysterious stranger, and taking a leap of faith she pressed on to break clear of the trees and catch sight of him, facing away from her as he stood silently. She noticed he had stopped moving and was lost in thought, and she pulled up short too, standing awkwardly with one hoof raised. How did one even start a conversation in this situation?
Back to top Go down
Lost Heart

Lost Heart

PostSubject: Re: An Artifact and a Collector   An Artifact and a Collector I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 4:09 pm

"I barely know her, I see hundreds of ponies in a day. They all introduce themselves, tell me their names. I never remember them, as I never care enough to...But..." As Revenant continued to speak, he looked up at the sky that could faintly be seen through the leaves. "Why do I remember, out of all of them, THAT name?...Why do I remember your name, Knick Knack? Were it any other pony, I would have already forgotten..."
Back to top Go down
OneUnknownEnigma

OneUnknownEnigma

PostSubject: Re: An Artifact and a Collector   An Artifact and a Collector I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 8:50 pm

"Perhaps you should tell me why it's stuck with you," she said, answering his rhetorical question with a frown as she approached. "Given I don't even know yours." If there was one thing she hadn't expected, it was for this pony to be asking himself questions about her.
Back to top Go down
Lost Heart

Lost Heart

PostSubject: Re: An Artifact and a Collector   An Artifact and a Collector I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 9:31 pm

"Miss Knack, I did not realize you'd followed me. I was just about to turn back and ask you if you'd like to accompany me on my travels, and learn ancient magic."]
Back to top Go down
OneUnknownEnigma

OneUnknownEnigma

PostSubject: Re: An Artifact and a Collector   An Artifact and a Collector I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 9:58 pm

Knick Knack stopped short, lost for words. All she was able to get out was a spluttered series of questions, "Me? I – What... now? Just like that?"
Back to top Go down
Lost Heart

Lost Heart

PostSubject: Re: An Artifact and a Collector   An Artifact and a Collector I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 10:03 pm

"Just like that." Revenant smiled as he turned around to face her. "So, do you accept?"
Back to top Go down
OneUnknownEnigma

OneUnknownEnigma

PostSubject: Re: An Artifact and a Collector   An Artifact and a Collector I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 4:34 am

"I don't even know your name!" Knick Knack protested. "And what interest could you possibly have in inviting me along like this? I hope you understand this is all a bit confusing for me." She paused, half of her mind still ludicrously running through the arguments for why this wouldn't be a good idea and trying to dispell them. Her caravan was locked and warded. She'd have to come back and fetch it at some point but... what did she really need from it? "However... if you answer some of my questions... then... it doesn't sound all too ridiculous." Her voice had dropped uncertainly towards the end of the sentence. She couldn't even believe she was saying it, but there she was.
Back to top Go down
Lost Heart

Lost Heart

PostSubject: Re: An Artifact and a Collector   An Artifact and a Collector I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 1:08 pm

"My name is Revenant, and save your questions for after this, I am going to teach you a bit of ancient magic that should come in handy in a pinch." As he spoke Revenant pulled a book that was at least 500 years old out of his saddle bag and began to flip through it.
Back to top Go down
OneUnknownEnigma

OneUnknownEnigma

PostSubject: Re: An Artifact and a Collector   An Artifact and a Collector I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 5:45 pm

Knick Knack appraised him. "Revenant... well, you certainly are used to having other ponies do what you tell them, aren't you?" She was grumbling, but even as she said it she was walking over. How could she not, with a book like that?
Back to top Go down
Lost Heart

Lost Heart

PostSubject: Re: An Artifact and a Collector   An Artifact and a Collector I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 6:08 pm

"Ex-Captain of the Crystal Guard. Now, ancient magic works off of runes, so you'll need to learn to cast magic using rune." As he spoke, Revenant moved to stand next to Knick Knack. The pages were clearly made of hoof made hemp paper, and was covered in writing of an ancient dialect. One of the pages was covered with runic writing that seemed to follow a pattern.
Back to top Go down
OneUnknownEnigma

OneUnknownEnigma

PostSubject: Re: An Artifact and a Collector   An Artifact and a Collector I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 6:13 pm

"Captain? That's fairly impressive..." Even as she answered, Knick Knack poured over the unfamiliar runes carefully. "Is it very much different to casting using a regular spell?"
Back to top Go down
Lost Heart

Lost Heart

PostSubject: Re: An Artifact and a Collector   An Artifact and a Collector I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 6:17 pm

"I suppose, the king was my father, but my mother was...a commonpony. It doesn't draw power from you, it draws it from the runes. If you draw the runes wrong, or don't believe in them, you'll never be able to use ancient magic." As he spoke, Revenant began using his horn to draw the runes in a circle in the dirt. As he drew them they glowed an angry red with purple vapor coming off of it
Back to top Go down
OneUnknownEnigma

OneUnknownEnigma

PostSubject: Re: An Artifact and a Collector   An Artifact and a Collector I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 6:29 pm

"The King–? Oh, forget it." Knick Knack laughed and bent to examine the runes that Revenant was drawing in the dirt. "Believe in the runes, copy them exactly, noted. What's the spell for?" She asked cautiously.
Back to top Go down
Lost Heart

Lost Heart

PostSubject: Re: An Artifact and a Collector   An Artifact and a Collector I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 6:35 pm

"It's a teleportation spell, but it allows you to control and steer yourself while you're teleporting. If you want I can also teach you some basic dueling spells." As he finished the runic circle Revenant transformed into a cloud of shadowy mist, and shot to the other side of the clearing before reforming.
Back to top Go down
OneUnknownEnigma

OneUnknownEnigma

PostSubject: Re: An Artifact and a Collector   An Artifact and a Collector I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 6:45 pm

Knick looked up as Revenant reformed on the other side of the clearing.
"... Interesting," she said faintly. If nothing else, this was not a pony to cross. "I'd definitely like to learn some duelling spells if I'm going to be coming with you. Goodness knows what kind of trouble you attract." Her tone was serious, but she was smiling as she looked down at the runes, which were still faintly smoking on the ground. "So how is it done?"
Back to top Go down
Lost Heart

Lost Heart

PostSubject: Re: An Artifact and a Collector   An Artifact and a Collector I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 8:05 pm

"Trace over my runes, and put your magic into them. You can to this Knick, I believe in you." Revenant smiled a bit as he watched her.
Back to top Go down
OneUnknownEnigma

OneUnknownEnigma

PostSubject: Re: An Artifact and a Collector   An Artifact and a Collector I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 9:42 pm

"Oh, well, if you've got faith in me, what could possibly go wrong?" Confident as the sparring reply was, Knick hesitated before she lit her horn up with a faint purple glow to trace over the runes. She tried to remember the order that Revenant had made the strokes and went slowly through the design until she got up to the final circle. She looked up at him. "So now do I just –" There was a small whoosh and a flash of lavender magic and she only just avoided knocking into him as she tumbled out of the air beside him. She had fallen off balance, but didn't seem to mind, laughing loudly at the sensation of the unusal teleport. "I guess I just do that," she chuckled.
Back to top Go down
Lost Heart

Lost Heart

PostSubject: Re: An Artifact and a Collector   An Artifact and a Collector I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 10:02 pm

Revenant laughed as he leaned down and gently helped Knick back to her hooves. "You have a lot of potential. It takes most ponies at least 10 tries before they can do what you just did." He smiled a little as he finished speaking
Back to top Go down
OneUnknownEnigma

OneUnknownEnigma

PostSubject: Re: An Artifact and a Collector   An Artifact and a Collector I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 10:15 pm

She grinned at the praise as he helped her up. "Thanks. I guess I... 'get' magic more than some others, it's an intuitive thing for me. Doesn't do much when I need to memorise a whole lot of spells but this kind of thing is making sense..."
Back to top Go down
Lost Heart

Lost Heart

PostSubject: Re: An Artifact and a Collector   An Artifact and a Collector I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 10:22 pm

"I will delight in teaching you the ancient ways, and...dark magic, if you wish." He did not know why he'd offered to teach her that, as he'd never offer to teach anyone else.
Back to top Go down
OneUnknownEnigma

OneUnknownEnigma

PostSubject: Re: An Artifact and a Collector   An Artifact and a Collector I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 10:55 pm

Knick went abruptly silent at this latest offer. No. Definitely not. There's no way you're agreeing to this. No way. What she said instead, voice low, was, "Aren't there some kinds of... side effects... of Dark Magic?"
Back to top Go down
Lost Heart

Lost Heart

PostSubject: Re: An Artifact and a Collector   An Artifact and a Collector I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 11:02 pm

"Your eyes will change, and so will your horn if you use it a lot. If you let the darkness corrupt you though...you will change completely, and be ruled by hate and greed." Revenant then looked down at her,their faces mere inches away, and spoke once more. His words were quiet and gentle "I would never let you loose yourself Knick Knack. No matter what, I'd save you from your own darkness."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Artifact and a Collector   An Artifact and a Collector I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Artifact and a Collector
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next