My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Posting Tables

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Squadala

Squadala

Posting Tables Empty
PostSubject: Posting Tables   Posting Tables I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 3:46 am

I was just wondering if posting tables was allowed?
I haven't seen any on this forum, which is why I was wondering. I thought I would ask because I know they can make the forum a little bit cluttered.

An example of the kind of thing I mean is this

Code:
[center][table style="padding:0px;  background-color: #0b0b0b;border:3px solid; border-color:#9b9b9b;" width="500px"][tr][td][center][img]https://i21.servimg.com/u/f21/19/32/20/64/tableh12.jpg[/img][/center]
[center][table style="padding:20px;" width="450px"][tr][td][center][color=#ffffff][size=20][font=Arial Black]~Cherokee~[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#999999][i]I think[/i][/color] - [i][color=#ffffff]I speak[/color][/i]
[color=#999999]
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.[/color]
[/center]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
[/center]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
[/center]

This is an example of something I used on an old forum, but hopefully it gives the idea.
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Posting Tables Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting Tables   Posting Tables I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 12:40 pm

I think simple posting tables like this would be okay! :0

I've used them before on other sites and I think they're pretty cool, but of course it's a personal preference kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
http://mewsdistantrealm.forumotion.com
Delix

Delix

Posting Tables Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting Tables   Posting Tables I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 3:31 pm

Really great Idea, but probably nothing for lazy people xD
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

Posting Tables Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting Tables   Posting Tables I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 3:32 pm

you meansomething likethis mayhaps?

EDIT:  ^this^ IS SUPPOSED TO BE IN A TABLE.

Okay wait, it seems to work in the non-editor mode of the reply box, but not in the preview. I'm going to actually post this without knowing if that text will show as a table or not. (There is an option for tables in the editor, if you look at all the buttons.)

EDIT: Alright, seems like this is a function which DOES work within the post editor/creator, but doesn't work on the actual forum. How odd. I'll poke the admin(fireseeker) about it.

ALRIGHT.
It DOES work, as shown with the sample here:
1A1B
2A2B
In the next post i'll show the BBCode that makes it work, and explain why i didn't get it to work the first time.

Last edited by Ave on Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:42 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : wow it DOES work.)
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Flicker

Fantasy Flicker

Posting Tables Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting Tables   Posting Tables I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 3:40 pm

It's supposed to work by the following BBCode, but as you can see in my previous post, it doesnt:

It works, but when you add a table in editor mode, you only get the following:

[table][tr][td][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
which ISN'T enough to get a full table working. what's missing is:

[table border="5"]
[tr]
[td]1A[/td]
[td]1B[/td]
[td]1C[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2A[/td]
[td]2B[/td]
[td]2C[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]3A[/td]
[td]3B[/td]
[td]3C[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

[tr][/tr] = One row of boxes, between this goes the following code, which gives us boxes

[td][/td]= one box, between these you need to put the text that goes in the box.

so to get what i have in the other post:

[table border="2"][tr][td]1A[/td]
[td]1B[/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]2A[/td]
[td]2B[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

[table border="2"] = Start the table, tell the code how thick the lines need to be
[tr] = Start a row
[td]1A[/td][td]1B[/td] = Fill in two boxes/'columns' in that row, with text inbetween the [td][/td]
[/tr] = end the row
[tr] = start a next row
[td]2A[/td] [td]2B[/td] = same as earlier
[/tr] = same as earlier
[/table] = finish the table

and there you have it! tables on this forum, the how to do it!

Last edited by Ave on Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:52 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : quick explanation)
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Posting Tables Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting Tables   Posting Tables I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 5:12 pm

If HTML coding is allowed on here, it would make it easier to make posting tables :0
Back to top Go down
http://mewsdistantrealm.forumotion.com
Squadala

Squadala

Posting Tables Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting Tables   Posting Tables I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 5:25 pm

html does make it a lot easier, and allows for a lot more features like scrolling bars.

Again, I just figured I would ask considering I haven't seen them on here before xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Posting Tables Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting Tables   Posting Tables I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Posting Tables
Page 1 of 1