My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

One year later...

Go down 
+2
Shadow Flare
dontpressenter
6 posters

Should we have a short story competition?
Yay!
One year later... I_vote_lcap91%One year later... I_vote_rcap
 91% [ 10 ]
Neigh!
One year later... I_vote_lcap9%One year later... I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

Location : A little pocket universe after almost destroying the old one.

One year later... Empty
PostSubject: One year later...   One year later... I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 6:05 am

Okay, all.

In a couple of days, it will have been one year since this little place has propped up its existence, and I want to do something special. Something...unique.

After the utter failure that was the gala proposal (coming soon....maybe), it's somewhat clear that a giant, free for all roleplay thread will not do. And anyway if you want something like that, there's the pony lounge under Random Stuff.

Instead, I propose a little competition.

A writing competition.

The proposal is thus: For the entire month of November there will be a sub-forum made for members to possibly post a little tale of their own making. When November turns into December, a poll will be made to vote on your favourite tale.

There are rules, like in any competition:

1. Word limit is the forum's natural limit of stuff you can fit in a single post. Your story should be able to fit in one posty-wosty.
  2. In the spirit of the MLP OC forum in general, the story has to be about Equestria (and all that implies), but HAVE NO CANON PONIES ACTUALLY IN IT. They can be referenced, discussed, conversed, talked about, all the way to the moon and back, but they cannot actually physically be in the story. Creative writers will be able to have them influence the plot indirectly.
  3. Only one story for one member. That means one. Two is right out. I'm looking at you, Stormy.
  4. Likewise, one member, one vote. (Even if you think two stories are really grand, YOU. MUST. CHOOOOOOOSE.)
  5. OCs will have to be used, yeah, but if you use another member's, you have to get permission. If you see someone use one of your chars without your permission, feel free to post in their thread and call them out.
  6. The story can be canon to your OC, but it doesn't have to be.
  7. The story has to be your own. Though I'd like to check each and every one of the possible entries for plagiarism, I cannot. This is a matter of trust, ladies and gents.

And now that I've gone through the big and scary list of rules, I can tell you that they may be subject to change up to the point in which the subforum is made. If you find an objection to these things, post below. If you are unsure of this business, post your misgivings also below. If you want this to happenohmygodlet'sdothishit, vote Yay! If you think this is the worst idea since invading Russia, vote Neigh!

And yeah. I think this might be fun. And stuff.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Flare

Shadow Flare

One year later... Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year later...   One year later... I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 10:42 am

Good, but can you make one thing clear... It can be about ANYTHING? Any plot line? (Tragedy, etc.)
Back to top Go down
http://radioactivekittenluv.deviantart.com
Quillon

Quillon

One year later... Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year later...   One year later... I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 11:02 am

I'm liking the sound of this. I probaby won't have time, but I'll try.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

One year later... Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year later...   One year later... I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 8:05 pm

The genre can be anything of your own choosing, from 1st person dark 'n angsty to 3rd person light and fluffy and everything in between. The world is a rich and varied place after all.
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

One year later... Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year later...   One year later... I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 1:51 am

Well, shoot. I wish I could participate in this. Sadly, I just so happen to be in the middle of a novel-writing competition that is also taking place throughout the month of November. Life is cruel, isn't it? :/ Well, I definitely like the idea, and wouldn't expect any less from you ^^

To all those who participate: good luck! And I can't wait to see your many great stories!
Back to top Go down
http://mlp-foe-oc-rp.forumotion.com/
Gizmotechnic

Gizmotechnic

One year later... Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year later...   One year later... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 11:09 pm

I'm gonna have to agree with Vinyl here, planning to write my own fan fiction, have some friends go over it, then see if I can't get it on a website. Not sure when I'll finish, or when to get to it in the first place, but good luck to participants.
Back to top Go down
Mriia

Mriia

One year later... Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year later...   One year later... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 2:06 am

Hmmm, well, I will be willing to do a colored sketch for the winner!

Sounds like fun.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

One year later... Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year later...   One year later... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 2:38 am

And with 90% Yay! we have a competition!

The subforum is underneath Off-topic and can be seen here: https://mlp-fim-oc-rp.rpg-board.net/f34-the-short-story-subforum.

You have until the End of November. Good luck, and happy writing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

One year later... Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year later...   One year later... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One year later...
Page 1 of 1