My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Windy Hooves - OC Application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Filly

Windy Hooves - OC Application Empty
PostSubject: Windy Hooves - OC Application   Windy Hooves - OC Application I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 1:59 am

Windy Hooves - OC Application Windyhoovesoc_by_br0nytime-d5w4i7d

Name: Windy Hooves.

Species: Pegasus

Mane: Dirty blonde with brown streak

Tail: Dirty blonde with brown streak

Eyes: Blue

Body: White

Cutie Mark: Tribal style cloud

Personality: Quiet and kind, but can quickly become dominant and responsibly hostile when he needs to be. He has a slight stutter, which usually leads him to avoiding conversation if it's possible. That being said, he is not shy, and will gladly converse with anypony he finds friendly. He is also attracted to stallions, which makes him open to almost anybody, regardless of who or what they are.

Likes: Quality time with friends, occasional drinking, drawing & designing tattoo stencils, and Ponyville Undead.

Dislikes: Rude ponies, The Wonderbolts, and not being able to finish a drawing to his expectations.

History: Windy Hooves is a pegasus born in Trottingham. He has an older brother in the Trottingham Guard named Silver Wing and a father named Diesel. His mother passed away from cancer several years after he was born when he was just a blank flank, pushing his father to drinking and as a result, he began abusing Windy. At the time, his brother lived on his own and was usually too busy working with the Trottingham Guard to hang around, so Windy was always his father's target. As an escape, Windy began to draw whenever he could. He began with drawing the skyline of Trottingham from the roof of his apartment complex, then moved onto ponies. They were usually ponies he knew, but created a number of fictional ponies as well and even created a personal story about each When this became bland, he tried his hoof at tattoo art, which he read about in a book about zebra cuture. Since it was a very rare skill in Equestria, he never found anypony to try it on, so he made himself his own tattoo. On the right side of his neck, he was able to tattoo a stylized butterfly that came out just as he envisioned it. That same moment, his cutie mark appeared, a cloud of similar design as his tattoos. Of course, his father took no interest in it, so it just seemed like another tattoo to Windy and never anything special.

When Diesel found out Windy was attracted to stallions, the beatings only became more common. When was in high school, Windy began dating a unicorn buck named Lighting Surge, much to the dismay of his father. Lightning Surge was always there to support Windy and help him through any problems he had, whether it be bullying at school or one of his father's drunken tantrums. For a couple years, this worked out until Diesel had enough of Lighting Surge. He waited until Windy and Lighting Surge were dismissed from school when he assaulted Lightning Surge and nearly beat him to death until a Trottingham Guard (who also happened to be Silver Wing) held Diesel back and took him into custody. A week later, when Diesel was in prison, Windy went to visit Lightning Surge in the hospital. Upon arrival, he learned Lightning Surge was in a coma and there was a very slim chance he would wake up. When he passed away a few days later, Windy was heart broken and struck with depression, refusing to leave his house for months, only going out to attend Lightning Surge's funeral, even when threatened to be expelled from his school. Silver Wing was forced to look after him, but couldn't talk to Windy for more than a few seconds, who had locked himself in his room. All he could do was cook his younger brother's meals, and Windy even ignored most of those too.

When he composed himself enough, Windy packed his things, left a note for Silver Wing, and boarded a train. He didn't know where he was going to go, just that he needed to get away from Trottingham. He rode the train for an entire day, until he was kicked off for loitering. So, when he was left in Appleloosa, he walked for days on end. He didn't stop for anything except to feed himself and sleep. With nothing else to care about in his life, all he could do was walk. He hated his father for beating him over the years and killing Lightning Surge, blamed Silver Wing for not being there soon enough to save Lightning Surge, and despised the city of Trottingham for spawning the monster that was his father. Two weeks later, he arrived at Ponyville, where he was forced to stop to rest. It seemed like a nice enough town and far enough into the countryside to not be anything like Trottingham, so he took residence in a local motel with what little bits he had brought with him.

His supply of caps lasted a week, which was when the motel manager began threatening to kick him out if he wasn't able to pay. He tried to get hired at several jobs, but none took him. A local restaurant told him his tattoo was unprofessional and unattractive and the Weather Team refused to hire him because his wings couldn't hold his weight. When he visited a doctor about it, unicorn buck named Dr. Helpinghoof diagnosed it as a rare disease called 'paper wings', which stunts the growth of wings for pegasi and a select few griffins. With no choices left, he got a job at the Ponyville Tavern, a bar located in the center of Ponyville. He worked the night shift as a doorpony living off a measly five bits an hour. During that time,he began socializing wiht a frequent visitor to the tavern, a pegasus stallion named Cloud Dasher. Eventually, they began having drinks together and hanging out regularly. Cloud Dasher reminded Windy so much of Lightning Surge that he considered asking him out. When he did, however, his hopes of a buckfriend were crushed when Cloud Dasher turned out to actually have a marefriend, a unicorn named Ink Blot. Though he was turned down, he and Dasher remained good friends and, when Cloud Dasher proposed to his marefriend, he chose Windy to be his best stallion. When Windy met Ink Blot, she admired his skills as a tattooist and Windy . She herself was an artist, and always wanted to make a big project from one of her works.

A year later, Windy Hooves had been promoted to bartender of the tavern and is currently trying to get in touch with his brother Silver Wing. It's been nearly ten years since he left and he wanted to make amends and fix broken bonds, possibly with his father. He knew he would never forgive him for Lightning Surge, but at least he'd have a father again. He hesitantly took a train back to Trottingham, knowing that it would be impossible to avoid his father, but was disappointed to find his old house evicted and Silver Wing's apartment empty. When he checked in with the Trottingham Guard recruitment officer, he learned that Silver Wing was promoted and transferred to Canterot as a Royal Guard two years prior. He has yet to find Silver Wing, but discovered that his father had been killed in a carriage accident a year after Silver Wing left for Canterlot and left a sum of ten thousand bits for Windy and Silver Wing as insurance. While he still hasn't been able to locate Silver Wing, he's still keeping the five thousand bits for whenever he does. Until then, he's remained in Ponyville and made friends with many different ponies. He's saving up for a trip to Canterlot, but even with his new position at work it's taking a while to build up enough bits. Windy now spends his days working at the tavern. He's looking to opening up a tattoo parlor here in Ponyville and possibly work with Ink Blot.

RP Situation Example: Your OC is framed by a robber who plants his weapon on him/her. A Guardpony threatens to take your OC into custody. Given your OC’s personality, compose a brief narrative in which your OC identifies and addresses the situation.(I'm not sure whether I should write this in first person or third, so I chose the former. I have the most experience in that writing style, so I hope it doesn't interfere with any rules)

As I walked through the towering glass doors of the Trottingham Mall, the scent of food and ponies filled my nostrils and the sound of activity echoed through my ears. All around me I saw ponies hustling to and from various shops scattered throughout the plaza. Some ponies were seated on tables, eating food with their friends under the massive glass dome built into the roof. The dome allowed a fresh flow of natural sunlight into the central rotunda, giving everything a very healthy feel.

"Ah, I love that 'fresh mall' smell," I heard a voice say to my left. I looked to the side, I saw a sage unicorn with a ruffled turquoise mane. His eyes were a beautiful, deep goldenrod and were taking in the sight before us in awe.

"How many times is that now you've said that? thirty... six?" I responded, giving a sly grin.

"Thirty four, but who's counting?" He said casually. I simply chuckled and shook my head. Everything that came out of that bucks mouth was either sexual or comical, sometimes even both on a good day. "So, where're we headed, anyway?" He asked, now looking at me.

"Hmm..." I voiced, holding my head up to my chin. For whatever reason, I just could not think of anyplace I wanted to go. I would've suggested we go to some clothing store, but I just got a new Ponyville Undead hoodie last week and wasn't in desperate need of any casual wear. I wasn't hungry, and we just had lunch at a Pony Joe's down the street, so eating is out of the question. "How about we go visit the Guard recruitment center?" I said, having nothing better to say.

He scoffed in response, then saying, "What, you lookin' to be a soldier now? I'm pretty sure we got enough of those already," he joked, lightly jabbing my shoulder with his elbow.

"Naw, that's not it. I just think Silver Wing's up there right now and I should stop for a visit. I haven't seen him since Hearth's Worming Eve, and that was at least two months ago."

"Well, alright. It'll be nice to see him again. Especially without your old man around..." he trailed off, realizing just what he was delving into. "Uh, sorry..." he whispered. I reassured him with a pat on the back and a smile.

"Don't worry, Surgey. I understand. You're one of few ponies who know about it. Why would I tell you only to have you avoid it?" He seemed to lighten up at this, and I once again patted his back with my hoof, this time curling it around his shoulder and leaning there. "Now, let's go see Silver Wing."

The walk from the entrance to the recruitment office was a short ten minute trot. On the way, we passed by several restaurants that had tantalizing smells, making my mouth water. As good as it smelled though, I wasn't about to stuff my face in. I liked the shape of my body as is, and am not looking to double it's size.

We were outside the recruitment offices when a gruff looking earth pony came our way, walking right in our path. I tried moving to the left to let him pass, but he altered his route too and bumped up against my saddlebag. "Watch it, bird!" he said in a gravelly voice. His coat was a sickly brown and his grey mane looked like it hadn't been washed in days.

"Alright, cool off dude." I responded flatly. Lightning Surge also noticed, shaking his head and scolding.

"Looks like some ponies need some lessons in manner one-oh-one." He mumbled.

As we entered the recruitment office, I recognized the bland unicorn mare sitting behind the counter. She had a small stack of papers to her left and a growing one to her right. With her magic, she levitated a piece of paper from the former stack, briefly read over it, stamped it, and put it in the latter pile, repeating the process over and over.

"Good afternoon, Nightshade. Silver Wing in?" I asked her. She looked up, blowing a stray strand of hair out of her eyes.

"Yeah. 'Old on one second, would'ja?"she said, absolutely no tone in it at all, making her heavy accent sound ridiculous. Pausing from her paperwork, she swerved to the left and leaned in towards a microphone built into the desk. "Private Silver Wing, to the front office. Repeat, Private Silver Wing to the front office, over." She said, her voice echoing from several speakers hanging from the ceiling.

Several minutes later, a grey pegasus walked in through a door in the back. He was dressed in a dull grey uniform with hexagonal patterns making up most of the uniform. He had the sleeves rolled up to his elbow, and one of the shirt's buttons were loose, revealing part of his chest. His mane opposed the blandness of his coat and clothing, a combination of magenta and light blue streaks, cut short to nearly a buzz cut. Upon seeing me, his ice blue eyes lit up and a grin formed on his face.

"Hey, Windy! Good to see you, bro!" He exclaimed, rearing into the air. I returned the motion as we clopped our hooves together. Though he was nearly eight years older than me, I was nearly his size and had no trouble reaching his height.

"It's going alright, I guess. I just wanted to check up on you while I was here. Maybe over a drink." I said.

"Isn't that the older brother's job?" he joked, nudging my shoulder. Quickly, he noticed my horned companion and stood up and faced him. "Lightning Surge, right?" Surgey nodded, and Silver Wing pumped his hoof. "Sweet. Nice to see you again. Alright, just let me finish up here, then I can join you guys-" he said, but was interrupted by a large, toned unicorn buck in a matching uniform. His horn was glowing, and I noticed my saddlebag was engulfed in the same magical aura.

"Excuse me sir, but may I search your saddlebags?" He said politely. His voice was far sweeter than I assumed it would be, and if I weren't with Lightning Surge, he'd be a fine buckfriend.

"Alright," I responded, slipping my bags to the floor. "I don't see what the problem is, sir." I looked over to Silver Wing, who had an uneasy look on his face. Moments later, the unicorn walked to my saddlebags and levitated something that looked like some sort of box with a mouth grip.

"Sir, do you realize it is illegal to carry unprotected weaponry withing public areas?" He said with a stern voice. From the sound of it (and the look on my brother's face), I could tell I was in trouble. As he scanned it, his face grew more serious. "The muzzle's warm and there's a bullet missing from the magazine. It was fired recently." Turning back to me, he levitated out a pair of metal hoofcuffs, "I'm gonna have to take you in."

Upon closer inspection, I realized that the box-like contraption was actually a gun! A Mule Kick Mk. 3, to be exact (I recognized it from when Silver Wing gave me a tour of the Trotingham Guard HQ), but a GUN nonetheless. Never in my life have I ever held a gun, let alone use one. So how one ended up in my saddlebags baffled me!

"Windy, what the hell are you doing with that?!" I heard Silver Wing yell, pushing the unicorn out of the way. "That's a military model! It's unauthorized to civvies!" The unicorn took his place back, moving in front of Silver Wing.

"Exactly, Private. But this does not concern you, so I ask you to step asi-" he started, but was interrupted by a raging Silver Wing.

"'Does not concern me'? My brother is carrying an illegal model of weaponry, and you're saying it's not my bloody concern?!" he yelled in the unicorns face. He remained standing there, unmoving despite the pegasus throwing a fit in front of him. "Stand down, sir. I'll handle this." The unicorn simply nodded, floating the pistol to Silver Wing, then walked back into the rear room.

With the pistol now in the grasp of his wing, he looked at me with a seriousness I've never seen before. It was almost if all the authority of Princess Celestia herself was embodying him. It scared me, to be honest.

"Windy..." he started, trailing off to take a breath. "Please... Please tell me you didn't shoot somepony with this." He pleaded. "I really don't want to have to take you in for questioning..."

I took a hold of his shoulders and firmly grasped them. "Silver Wing. I assure you, right hoof over my heart, that I have no idea how that gun got in my bags." I looked at him with the most assuring look I could achieve, and it appeared to be working. A stiffness that had built up in his shoulders released as he exhaled a deep sigh.

"Alright... but, until we can find out where this came from, I'm gonna have to confiscate you and Lightning Surge's things and put you under isolation." He said with relief. I heard a gasp come from behind me and turned to find Lightning Surge's mouth agape.

"Why do I have to be kept here? It's not like I had anything illegal on me!" he said furiously.

"Because, Lightning Surge, you are a possible accomplice of a suspected felony." he said with a slight bit of annoyance. "Trust me. I'd rather let you two walk out of here, but protocol requires a full search before that can happen. You can wait over there in the waiting area. I'll be back when we've confirmed you don't own the gun." He said, rubbing his temples.

We walked to a group of chair lining the wall while Silver Wing returned to the back, going through the same door as the unicorn buck.

Our wait there remained quiet for the most part, save for Lightning Surges occasional cussings under his breath. A few ponies walked in and out of the office, some guards while others were civilians with complaints, most of them idiotic and pointless. I sweat, some of the things ponies come up wi
th are just ridiculous...

After what seemed an eternity, Silver Wing emerged from the back, walking slowly and hesitantly. Knowing my current situation, I could tell it was bad news.

As he reached me and Surgey, I felt like I had shrunk in the presence of Silver Wing. Never in my life had he seemed more threatening than right now. "Well...?" I managed to squeak out.

"I'm... afraid to say it Windy, but..." I braced myself for what was coming. "we found no evidence proving the gun doesn't belong to you. I'm afraid I'm going to have to take you both to Trottingham Juvenile Prison for suspected murder..."

Yep, there it was. The words felt more like jabs to my stomach as they exited Silver Wings lips- hold on, suspected murder?! "Suspected murder?!"" Lightning Surge exclaimed, mirroring my own thoughts exactly.

"Yep, I'm afraid so. We don't know what happened to the missing bullet, so the chief is saying it was used for a murder. I'm sorry, Windy, I really am, but I'm going to have to ask you to follow Sergeant Tick Tack..." he trailed off, the same unicorn as earlier emerging from behind Silver Wing. In his telekinetic grip, he had not one put two pairs of hoofcuffs.

"Isn't there, like, some kind of DNA test you could do?" Lightning Surge asked with urgency. Silver Wing simply shook his head, sighing.

"We already sent one in. Those take months though, so until then you'll have to wait in a prison cell... I don't know what else to say, Windy... I wish there was something, but we're at a dead end-" At that moment, a ring sounded throughout the office, coming from the desk the unicorn mare Nightshade was occupying.

"'Ello, Trottingham Recruitment center. What's the problem?"she recited automatically. "A what?... alright, ma'am. I'm gonna need you to calm down. Can I have your name?... Alright, Water Light. What is your situation?... OK, we'll have somepony down their as soon as possible." she hung up the phone and turned to look at us. "There's been a shooting reported at the Sugarcube Corner in the northeast wing of the building." She said to the unicorn. He nodded in response and looked at Silver Wing.

"Uh... you go on, sergeant. I'll finish up here and, uh... send you somepony else. Silver Wing stammered. The unicorn nodded and hustled out of the office with urgency. Silver Wing turned to us in disbelief. "It looks like it wasn't you..." he said. "... but that still doesn't explain how you got the pistol..."

Lightning Surge cleared his throat, diverting our attention to him. "If I may suggest, a quite rude buck bumped into Windy before we got here. He seemed to be in a hurry from the direction that unicorn was headed. Maybe he managed to slip it into his bags before being caught." If it weren't for us being in public, I could kiss him.

Silver Wing facehoofed. "Of course! I knew that you couldn't have killed anypony, Windy!" he said, hugging me. I returned the motion, and he did the same with Lightning Surge, much to his dicomfort.

After composing himself, he continued. "Alright. I'll go fill out the paperwork, and then you two are free to leave." I heard an exasperated sigh from behind him, and saw Nightshade standing up from the desk.

"Finally! A replacement! I'll be in the pisser if anypony needs me." she said vulgarly, trotting out of the office. "About bloody time, too..." I heard her mumble from under her breath as she exited.

Silver Wing took over her place, shuffling through the papers until he found a yellow folder. Quickly, he pulled out a sheet of paper, wrote several things on it, then slammed Nightshade's stamp on the bottom. Slipping it into the finished pile, he trotted back over to us, looking much better thana few minutes ago.

"Alright, you two are free to go." Me and Lightning Surge gave each other a hoofbump, and I gave Silver Wing a brief rearing hoofbump, and we were finally leaving when I remembered something.

Quickly, I turned around to Silver Wing retreating to the back once more. "Wait, Silver Wing!" I yelled, grabbing his attention. "Weren't you joining us?"

"Maybe another time, bro." he yelled back. "With everypony gone, someone needs to hold the fort down." He gave a salute to both me and Surgey. "You two stay out of trouble, now."

"Yessir," I said, giving a salute of my own. With a final chuckle, Silver Wing dissapeared behind the door as we walked away. Quickly, we found ourselves at the entrance once more, the air now with a sense of upheaval.

"Well, I think I've had enough of the mall for one day, don't you?" I asked Lightning Surge, who was rubbing the sides of his forehead.

"Windy, all I care about is going home and taking a nice, hot shower, then doing something that won't wind me up in hoofcuffs."

"Okay, well, you mind me walking you home?" He looked at me and chuckled.

"Maybe tomorrow, Windy. I just want a nice, quiet walk home today."

"Oh, and I'm not nice?" I asked jokingly.

"No, you're nice alright. You just aren't quiet." he responded, laughing. "See you later, ya bloody foal." he said, kissing me on the cheek as a farewell and started his way down the street. I began my way, going the opposite way of his, and took a deep, fresh breath as I trotted down the street of Redhoof Boulevard.

All things considered, this was a nice day.

Acceptance.

Last edited by Filly on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Firework

Firework

PostSubject: Re: Windy Hooves - OC Application   Windy Hooves - OC Application I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 2:05 am

So sad! However, you are missing 2 key parts of your application. You must do a sample RP (there are topics from which to choose from below the application template), and you should take a look at the rules. It looks good so far :D
Back to top Go down
Filly

PostSubject: Re: Windy Hooves - OC Application   Windy Hooves - OC Application I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 5:11 am

Firework wrote:
So sad! However, you are missing 2 key parts of your application. You must do a sample RP (there are topics from which to choose from below the application template), and you should take a look at the rules. It looks good so far :D

Alright, I've put in the required parts I was missing (I hope) and checked over the rules thoroughly. I'm not really sure if there's anything I should change because it violates any rules, so if you could identify these parts, that'd be great. I apologize in advance for writing a story for you to read :P I felt like the scene needed more explanation to tell what happens, so... yeah.

Also, sorry for the brief ending. It's currently 3:00 AM and I'm wanting to get at least some sleep for school tomorrow. Same goes for the lack of stuttering by Windy. I'm too tired to go back and add it and if I keep myself up any longer, I'm afraid that I won't wake up tomorrow XD
Back to top Go down
Firework

Firework

PostSubject: Re: Windy Hooves - OC Application   Windy Hooves - OC Application I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 6:56 am

It's not that your application violated any rules; there is a sentence in the rules that instructs you to include something in your application. I'm certain the only reason you missed it is because you're dead tired xD. Once that word is included at the end of the application, it will be ready for approval.

Nice job on the rp btw. Most of our members write in third person, but first should be no problem, as long as it's clear who is speaking ;D
Back to top Go down
Filly

PostSubject: Re: Windy Hooves - OC Application   Windy Hooves - OC Application I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 6:13 pm

Firework wrote:
It's not that your application violated any rules; there is a sentence in the rules that instructs you to include something in your application. I'm certain the only reason you missed it is because you're dead tired xD. Once that word is included at the end of the application, it will be ready for approval.

Nice job on the rp btw. Most of our members write in third person, but first should be no problem, as long as it's clear who is speaking ;D

Ok, I'm pretty sure I got everything now. I double and triple checked the rules, so everything should be there.
Back to top Go down
Firework

Firework

PostSubject: Re: Windy Hooves - OC Application   Windy Hooves - OC Application I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 7:18 pm

Approved! ^.^ You may start roleplaying in any of the forums. And remember, you don't have to start out in the Newbie Area :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windy Hooves - OC Application   Windy Hooves - OC Application I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Windy Hooves - OC Application
Page 1 of 1