My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Confusion

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mcewanman

mcewanman

Confusion  Empty
PostSubject: Confusion    Confusion  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:44 am

Shy trotted down to the tavern, dead as usual. He had recently been recovering from a mental breakdown, and as such had been told to keep out of his house so as to prevent his mind making the connection and melting into oblivion again. Shy was currently staying at a hotel, where most ponies knew not to talk to him.

Shy had been feeling even less emotional lately. Normally he at least felt anger or misanthropy. Now he just felt.....empty. As he trotted up to the tavern, he noticed that the music was louder than usual and there were more drinks outside. Whatever. He opened the door to the Tavern and instantly dealised his mistake. He had stumbled into a party. He turned to leave when a mare draped herself around his neck and pulled him back in.

"Oh no you don't handsome! Lets dance first!"
"No. Get off."
"Aw, c'mon. A really nice Stallion would help a beautiful mare in her time of need."
"Which explains why I'm not helping you. You're far from pretty and I'm far from nice. Now buck off before I really get angry."

The mare squeaked from fear and let go, trotting quickly away. Good.

Shy sat at the bar, and ordered himself a cider. He sat at the back, hard to notice. He'd just have a drink and then shove off.

The Barmare watched Shy have his drink. He really needed to loosen up. She had no interest in him, but he was a decent Stallion deep down, and it was up to her to let him out. So she gave him one of her special "Deep Drinks"- a mix she had invented that brings out the secrets of a drunk. This should let her see what was going through that cloudy mind of his.
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

Confusion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confusion    Confusion  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:54 am

Burning Heart was given a pretty special order for her next job. She had to keep guard at a party, like a Bouncer. Make sure if there were any ponies who were too drunk or starting trouble. The party wasn't on that long, and she already threw a couple ponies out. She was wishing she could do that instead of act like everypony's foalsitter. At least after she threw them out they knew what she was capable of. Not even liquid courage was enough to beat her.

Burning stayed in the back where she could get a good view of everypony. She saw one stallion step in and try to leave instantly. But a mare pulled him back in and he scared her off. He got a drink and sat in the back, around where Burning was posted. He didn't seem much like a party goer. Maybe he needed to let something out and loosen up. She stayed in her guarded position, looking at everypony dancing and having a great time. But her curiosity got the best of her and she trotted over to the isolated stallion

"Not a fan of parties, I see?"
Back to top Go down
Firework

Firework

Confusion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confusion    Confusion  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 4:04 pm

Firework sprinted towards the entrance to the tavern. 'A PARTY!' she thought excitedly, the fireworks on her back hopping around as she ran. She didn't often get jobs in Ponyville, but when she did they always drummed up a ton of business. Small towns love fireworks!

As she neared the entrance, she tripped on a drunk stallion slumped over his compadre. Careening through the air, she impacted with the wall of the tavern, and slid to the ground. Looking around in a daze, she felt her shoulder begin to throb. Tears welled up in her eyes as Firework felt sorry herself.

"I HATE PARTIES!" Firework yelled, beating the ground with her hooves in a tantrum.
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

Confusion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confusion    Confusion  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 4:30 pm

Shy noticed a guard pony had trotted up to them. Great, now he had to talk to her.

"No. I'm not. I'm also not much for talking, so if you could go off and do whatever it was you were doing before you approached me and leave me to drink a bit before leaving and hopefully being allowed to leave this while sordid affair, that would be just dandy."

Shy took a sip of his drink. It wasn't what he ordered, but he couldn't be arsed to go complain. It tasted quite nice anyway, albeit strong. He felt a little more inebriated as he drank about half the mug. He suddenly felt bad- he's been nasty to a pony who was only trying to be nice to him.

"Look, I'm sorry if I'm bring a little blunt, but I'm just not a very social pony. Hope you don't take much offence."

He them noticed a mare fall flat on her face and start throwing a tantrum. Intoxicated, no doubt. Shy never got drunk. Sign of weakness.

"Look at her. Obviously drunk out of her mind."
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

Confusion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confusion    Confusion  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 5:50 pm

Wow, an antisocial pony stuck at a party? Really sucks for him. It was a bit odd as well. The stallion didn't strike Burning Heart as somepony who was open. Especially with what he said as an introduction. His drink looked a bit familiar too. She's seen those before. A "Deep drink." It makes you get drunk quicker and spill out your true feelings. Maybe he ordered it to get over his antisocial feelings? Oh well, Burning couldn't question it. She took a step aside, but she wanted to keep her eye on him. Just in case something bad happened to him, and he wasn't hard to look at.

"I'm Burning Heart, by the way."

While waiting in the back, bobbing her head t the music, Burning saw a unicorn charge into the Tavern, go flying, and hurt herself. Then she was having a tantrum on the floor. She quickly ran to her aid, picking her up off the floor.

"Are you okay, ma'am?"
Back to top Go down
Firework

Firework

Confusion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confusion    Confusion  I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 11:18 am

Firework looked up at the mare helping her. The tears of anger in her eyes were then replaced with ones of joy.

"Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you YOU ARE SO KIND!" Firework exclaimed, enthusiastically hugging the pony in front of her.

The Unicorn suddenly gasped, and turned around in a circle to check the fireworks perched on her back. She breathed a sigh of relief once she saw they were alright. She turned back towards the mare to answer her query.

"Yes, i'm quite alright. Thank you for your concern! My name is Firework, i'm here to provide some explosive entertainment!" the Unicorn said, looking excited at the thought of blowing things up.

"What's your name?"

Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

Confusion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confusion    Confusion  I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 11:39 am

Shy raised an eyebrow at the lunatic who had fallen in. Very emotionally interchangeable. Probably rather social and friendly. Man the lifeboats.

Shy took another drink of this....whatever it was. He was enjoying it, though he was starting to feel funny. He wanted to apologise to the guard pony. She hasn't done anything wrong. He tried to get off his seat, and fell flat on his face. The world was shaking. Shy could hear noises but they were all inaudible- a sea of words and music, all disconnected. He felt memories returning. Ones he's repressed for years.

Smiles was trotting up to school, happy as usual. He didn't let the name "Shy" keep him down. "Smiles" was much happier, just like him. He saw a few ponies hanging around the playground. Smiles vaguely knew them- they were very friendly to him and he always played when he could.

As he approached though, he noticed they were glaring at him. O.....K..... Maybe it was best to just walk past. As he went though, one called out to him.

"Freak!"

More joined in. Orphan. Weirdo. Loser. Outsider even. Smiles backed away from all the insults as he felt tears come on. Why were they being so mean? He hadn't done anything. He then saw a couple approach him. They backed him into a corner, hooves raised. Smiles covered his face from what was coming.

Shy had tears in his eyes. They had all been horrible to him. Every. Single. One. No empathy, no accepting, just freak. He went back into his booth, quietly letting everything out in shudders and sobs.
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

Confusion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confusion    Confusion  I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 11:50 am

This unicorn was rather hyper. More than Burning was. She seemed like real fun. They should hang out some time, when Burning isn't busy working her flank off for the good of Equestria. She was handling fireworks? And her name was Firework? Rather interesting.

"I'm Burning Heart. And fireworks do sound like fun."

Burning saluted Firework, as she usually does. Then her ears perked up when she heard a thud and quickly turned her head. The quiet pony from before fell on his face. Probably drunk already. Burning ran through the sea of ponies and went to help him, but he was already sitting and sobbing. She felt like she needed to do something. She took a seat next to him and comforted him.

"Are you okay? I'm here to help." She didn't specialize in emotional help, but when you're a guard, you'll have to do it from time to time
Back to top Go down
Firework

Firework

Confusion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confusion    Confusion  I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 9:06 pm

Firework was confused when the mare in front of her saluted, but shrugged it off -- not all ponies were firing on all cylinders like her. Her attention was drawn away from Burning when she saw the same stallion the mare was making her way towards.

She sprinted over to Burning and the stallion, her hooves clapping loudly against the floor as she rudely pushed her way past random folks.

"Don't cry -- you'll make me cry!" Firework added to Burning's query. She started to tear up, unable to bear the sadness of this pony in front of her.

"WAIT!" Firework's tears disappeared as she thought of something. "Do you want to launch one of my fireworks?! That always makes me feel better!" Firework asked, excited at the prospect of helping the stallion feel better.
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

Confusion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confusion    Confusion  I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 5:49 am

Shy didn't respond to either of them. He was being forced to relive everything bad that had ever happened to him. The bullying, the mocking, the violence. But then something changed.

Shy walked through the hall to nab his stuff from his locker. As he was looking through for his maths book, a green pony with a striking yellow mane came up to him.

"Look, I recognise you from elementary. I was cruel towards you. We all were. I feel terrible whenever I think about it, and my conscience couldn't rest easy unless I at least apologised. So, yeah. I'm really sorry for everything. We all are."

Shy looked at him and he felt several emotions rising up. Anger. Rage. Hate. But...a touch of relief. He had no idea what to do. His head was spinning. An apology...? This was completely alien. He didn't get picked on anymore but that was because he sunk into total anonymity. He was feeling so confused, so worried even a little scared. So he did the one thing he could think of doing.

He kissed the pony who apologised.

It was terrifying, confusing, strange. But he couldn't help himself. He needed something to cling to. He did just that. He clung to that stallion, who had gone red and hugged him back, stroking his mane. Shy cried his eyes out, letting go of all the pent up emotions.

"Hey, pal it's fine. You don't need to say anything. I get what that was."

Shy smiled, for the first time in years. He kissed the stallion again, who kissed back this time. However, they heard voices from the hall.

"Coltcuddlers! Faggots!"

Shy felt tears come on again, white hot rage building. He'd had his first perfectly happy moment in years, and look who comes along to stop it. Muscle bound ponies who clearly thought they were superior. Shy walked over to them and brought them hell.

He punched the ringleader, a brown stallion with short hair. The other pony recoiled, his nose bleeding. Shy then grabbed two others and slammed their heads together several times with a series if sickening cracks. He took the last one, held him against the wall and smacked him in the face several times, before flinging him into the locker. He stomped on the face of the ringleader.

Shy turned back to the green stallion he'd kissed. He wasn't there. Shy felt tears coming on. He'd find it again- somepony had ruined his chance to be happy.

Shy was back in the tavern. He'd been crying and saw a mare and a crystal stallion who looked vaguely familiar. Like before he did the one thing he could.

He kissed the orange crystal pony.

(Sorry if it's long- a lot of info required in one go for this)
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

Confusion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confusion    Confusion  I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 11:46 am

Burning Heart watched the pony cry his eyes out. She's seen that all too often. She decided to comfort him, but as she was about to, he kissed her. He kissed her? Why would he do that? Burning would have never expected that. She sat back for a minute, trying to gather her thoughts, her face as red as an apple.

This stallion must have saw something in her, but couldn't admit it. Burning was always looking for that special somepony. Maybe it was him? Then she realized she has been in this situation before. It usually never meant anything. If anything, they wanted to take advantage of her. She often left Taverns with a broken heart, and she was praying this wasn't one of those moments.

Burning Heart decided to kiss him back. She didn't know why. Sympathy? Love? Lust? She didn't know which one. It felt right for her. She could feel some sort of connection with this stallion. She pulled back after the kiss and thought again. Was this right? Is he really what she had been looking for her entire life?
Back to top Go down
Firework

Firework

Confusion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confusion    Confusion  I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 12:30 am

Firework was very confused right now. She had not noticed whether or not the two ponies were 'together,' but seeing them kiss affirmed the idea in her mind. And this stallion must have been even crazier than she thought. To suddenly go from sobbing in agony to passionately kissing another was... INSANE!

The unicorn inched backwards from the two. She noticed a drink to her right, probably having been left by a drunk and stumbling pony. They wouldn't miss it, right? Firework looked around quickly, then grabbed and downed the drink.

'Much better. Now I can deal with these crazies!'
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

Confusion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confusion    Confusion  I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 11:41 am

Shy looked at the beautiful stallion. Acceptance. Finally, somepony had accepted him. He hugged said stallion, tears dried off. He felt happier than he'd ever been. This was something he'd always needed- this pony to push him forward. He could see all the possibilities that had opened up for him. He'd kissed back too! This was brilliant!

He blushed a little, and looked the crystal pony in the eyes.

"You up for a dance?"

He took the pony's hoof, and guided him to the dance floor.

(Note to all reading- he's too drunk to realise it's Burning, who is in fact a mare)

Last edited by mcewanman on Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

Confusion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confusion    Confusion  I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 11:49 am

This stallion was very affectionate. He must have really taken a liking to Burning. Although, from what she remembered, he was a bit drunk. Oh well, it felt too nice for her to resist. She hugged him back, and then he looked into her eyes.

That was a beautiful moment in itself. His eyes were an amazing shade of green. She could stare into those all night long. Then he asked her to dance. How sweet. He took her hoof and led her to the dance floor. Did she actually help this stallion become more outgoing? Damn, Burning Heart was good.

"I'd love to dance. And um, I don't believe I caught your name."
Back to top Go down
Firework

Firework

Confusion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confusion    Confusion  I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 7:17 pm

Firework decided to settle in the stallion's empty booth, and ordered a few more drinks. Might as well join the crowd in a drunken stupor!

While sometimes she felt the ache of not having a special some-pony, she mostly laughed it off and continued her wild adventures. 'And being drunk never hurts!' Firework thought gayly.

She observed the dancing ponies, and sunk deeper into the booth, almost sliding to the floor at this point.
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

Confusion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confusion    Confusion  I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 7:42 pm

"My name is Shy Smiles, love! Now, you up for a dance? Actually, what's your name?"

Shy took the crystal pony onto the dance floor. He had no idea how to dance, but it didn't matter. He copied what other ponies were doing, so he was covered in that department. He danced with the Stallion, happy as can be. He saw the other pony in the booth he was in previously. He smiled. Things do get better.

He was feeling a little light headed. A combination of the drink and the exhilaration and all the feelings he'd been experiencing. He turned to the crystal pony.

"I'm getting tired. I'm off home. Guess I'll see you around?" He smiled at the stallion.

He smiled and went out. He trotted home and flopped into bed. He smiled to himself, humming a little tune. He let sleep take him, without a single nightmare for once.
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

Confusion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confusion    Confusion  I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 7:50 pm

"Shy Smiles? What a cute name!"

Burning Heart was a bit confused. Didn't she already give him her name? Before she could answer, they were both busy dancing. At least they were having a great time. Firework looked a bit depressed over in Shy's booth. That didn't phase her too much. She was having the time of her life with Shy Smiles.

He was getting tired and left the tavern. He certainly was a cute stallion. Burning really looked forward to seeing him again. She blew him a kiss as he left the tavern. Did she actually meet her special somepony? Burning didn't know what to think. It was just so... amazing!

Burning decided to sit with Firework in the booth. She ordered a few drinks for herself. Might as well, right? Maybe she could make Firework a buddy. She picked her up and sat her back up in the booth.

"Wanna have a drink with me? I think I can down more than you"
Back to top Go down
Firework

Firework

Confusion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confusion    Confusion  I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 8:49 pm

"WHAT?! NO ONE CAN DRINK MORE THAN ME! Well except a lot of ponies... but not this time!" Firework responded to the challenge with a yell.

She picked up a drink and began to guzzle it down, spilling ale all over her end of the table. She put the mug back down again after finishing it.

"Wait. How does a drinking contest work? I've never actually learned the rules. Whoops!" Firework realized, but continued sending out her happy and excited vibes.

"Also, what's with you and that stallion? I did not get the impresh-shion that you were that closhe." The unicorn began to slur her words at this point, having already drank a great deal.
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

Confusion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confusion    Confusion  I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 8:55 pm

(Sleeping)
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

Confusion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confusion    Confusion  I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 9:08 pm

So the mare wanted a drinking contest? Burning could give it to her. She ordered 10 drinks for herself. Before she could drink, she explained the contest a little bit.

"Whoever throws up or passes out first loses."

She began to drink each one rapidly. She had experience. Burning may have been an alcohol enthusiast. One by one each glass was emptied and the alcohol flowed through her system with no problem. She liked Firework. She was fun to be around

Firework was asking about Shy. She couldn't really say too much about him, considering they just met. He still seemed like a great stallion. They really should meet up again.

"To be honest, I don't know much about him. We just met today, and he kissed me. He seems really nice. I would love to know him better"

It wasn't until her 9th drink Burning Heart started to get tipsy. She had real talent with this. The only problem was she wasn't doing her job. She was supposed to keep order in the party, as her guard duties entailed. But she just wanted a little fun. What harm could that do?
Back to top Go down
Firework

Firework

Confusion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confusion    Confusion  I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 12:21 pm

Firework began downing more drinks as soon as Burning started. After her 2nd drink she felt a bit queasy. She didn't drink all too often, and she was a bit of a lightweight. But this contest was fun regardless!

"Maybe itsh not a good idea for me to drink -- hic! -- sinsh i'm dealing with exploshives later," Firework thought aloud between drinks. "Oh well!" The unicorn said, slamming another one down.

"Only met him today? Sinsh he went home already, do you think you'll shee him again shoon?" Talking soon became laborious for Firework, and she had to work to form coherent sentences.
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

Confusion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confusion    Confusion  I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 12:48 pm

(Still sleeping)
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

Confusion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confusion    Confusion  I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 4:06 pm

Burning Heart finished her last drink. She didn't want to order more. She would really fail at her duties, and upstage Firework in drunkenness. Fire seemed like a real lightweight. Two drinks and she had trouble forming sentences? I think we all know who won.

"Looksh like I'm the *hic* winner! Hehe... I'm not shure if we will, but I'll try... Have you sheen him before? So I can get an idea ash to where I could meet him?"

Burning really doubted her chances of even meeting this stallion again, let alone have any good relationship with him. He was awfully drunk. She's been in this situation before, but she loved love so much she couldn't help but keep trying and hoping it would mean something.

Burning was beginning to get lightheaded herself. Her home was all the way in Canterlot, so she wouldn't make it there. She went to go see if there were any rooms left she could stay in the Tavern. Luckily, there was one left, but she wouldn't get paid for the job. She took the room anyway and headed in. Before she flopped onto the bed and knocked out, she went back to Firework.

"Sorry I can't sthay awake for the fireworksh. Being a guard for the amazing Equestria ish pretty demanding. Later, friend."

Burning went back to the room and crashed into the bed. She would look for the stallion in the morning. Even a full on hangover wouldn't stop her from finding him.
Back to top Go down
Firework

Firework

Confusion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confusion    Confusion  I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 10:25 pm

"Hmm," Firework watched the crystal pony exit, sipping her drink. She suddenly realized that she was too drunk to make any philosophical comments about the situation.

"LET'S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD PONIES!" The unicorn yelled, stumbling outside of the tavern. She lifted the fireworks out of her bag, and lit them magically on the fly as she tossed them in the air haphazardly.

Firework didn't get to see the brilliant display of lights that followed unfortunately, as she had passed out on the grass as soon as she lit them.
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

Confusion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confusion    Confusion  I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 3:40 am

El Next morning

Shy woke up feeling like hell. His head was pounding like a hammer. That drink must have been pretty strong. He also had a funny taste in his mouth. He had it before once. After he.....kissed...a...stallion.

Oh. Bugger.

It all came back to him at once. The drink, the flashbacks. the kiss and the dance. Except now that he was sober, he recognised the voice and colour of the pony he'd kissed. They were a mare, not a stallion. He lay back down to mull it over.

On one hand, he was mildly relieved. He had kissed a stallion before, and look how well that turned out. However, if he had kissed that stallion did that make him into them? He had been caught vulnerable- it could have just kissed him out of sheer need for something to cling to. Then again, he had kissed that stallion again and kept hugging in a way that probably meant he wanted to keep it going. But what about that mare from last night? It was the same circumstances- emotionally unsure, fearful almost. He was just lucky he'd been accepted by her.

Wait. She accepted him. Maybe he needed that. He'd heard of ponies that went both ways. That could be it. He might even be actually into mares. He didn't have an issue with orientation but he was worried somepony would end up hurt. He supposed it was unlikely he would see her again- lots of ponies in Equestria, and since Shy hadn't seen her around she must live somewhere else. And anyway, he wasn't sure of what it all meant- was it just a one-off or did they actually have something? He didn't know.

He went downstairs to the hotel breakfast. He would need to crash somewhere sometime. Maybe Jim could share that flat of his or something. He went into the canteen and took a few daisy sandwiches and some water for the hangover, then sat down to eat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Confusion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confusion    Confusion  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Confusion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP :: Equestria :: Ponyville :: The Tavern-
Jump to: