My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The mountain

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
mcewanman

mcewanman

The mountain - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mountain   The mountain - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 6:51 pm

Jim followed after Shayla, mimicking her careful step. He didn't want to attract any hungry or miffed timberwolves, and since the mare knew what she was doing it was probably best to copy her. He touched down on the grass next to her, following closely as before.

"So, are there many pups around?" He whispered tentatively.

(Sowwy again about the late post. I hate keeping ponies waiting.)
Back to top Go down
usernameisinvisible

usernameisinvisible

PostSubject: Re: The mountain   The mountain - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 8:02 pm

Shayla nodded, "at this time of year, there are usually a lot of pups."

Shayla strolled carefully through the trees. She slowed down and put her hoof out to stop Jim,
"Alright, follow me." she said, flying upwards into the nearest conifer.

She stopped and lowered herself onto a branch, ignoring the pricks and sap. Waiting for Jim, she observed the pups horsing around. She pointed to the adult wolf watching over the pups.

It was a female, and it was on high alert. Shayla didn't mind her, she simply lower her head further into the foliage.

((Tis alright, I don't mind.))
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

PostSubject: Re: The mountain   The mountain - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 2:26 pm

Jim sat next to Shayla in the conifer. The pups were certainly cute. He wanted to pet them, but he didn't fancy getting his head ripped off by mummy. He turned to Shayla, and whispered:

"So, is it possible to get closer or are we just gonna have to content ourselves watching this lot?"
Back to top Go down
usernameisinvisible

usernameisinvisible

PostSubject: Re: The mountain   The mountain - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 2:41 pm

Shayla shrugged

"Well, we could. It is possible. Incredibly difficult, but possible. Why? You like danger?" she asked with a smirk.

She pointed to the adult wolf watching over the pups, "She is the biggest threat. If we try to touch one of the pups, well, we better not. Timberwolves are protective of their young. Take a momma bear with her cubs and multiply that by 20." she said grimly, "but, there is a way. It is potentially dangerous, if you're up for it." she finished with a sly smile.
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

PostSubject: Re: The mountain   The mountain - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 2:43 pm

Jim thought for a moment. Meh, might as well since it sounded like a laugh.

"Alright then. What do we need to do?"

Shayla knew what she was doing after all.
Back to top Go down
usernameisinvisible

usernameisinvisible

PostSubject: Re: The mountain   The mountain - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 3:28 pm

Shayla nodded. Blinked and observing the area, trying to figure out the best way to go about it.

"Okay, you see how she's sitting?" she asked, pointing at the adult, who was lying lazily on the high rock above the pups. "We need to draw her away from there. The best way would be a distraction. Throwing a rock would not be enough. Stay here."

Shayla leapt down from the tree in one fluid motion. She sneaked ((snuck?)) around the clearing silently. Looking around at the landscape, she found a suitable pine and scaled it quickly. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. She began to make sounds, loud, obnoxious, animal calls.

The timberwolf's ears pricked up, and she barked a command at the pups before turning to search for the source of the sound. Shayla fell purposefully out of the tree, making as much noise a possible. Once she could see the wolf, she zipped up into the sky.

"Now you can go closer." she said to Jim, landing lightly next to him.
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

PostSubject: Re: The mountain   The mountain - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 3:55 pm

Jim watched what Shayla did with the animal calls. He reminded himself not to mess with her- she'd set a pack of tigers on him. Whatever the case, Jim crept up to the timberwolves pups, picking one up. He licked Jim's face, to which Jim just laughed at the sheer cuteness. He looked over to Shayla.

"These things are adorable! Can I keep him?"

(Also I'm pretty sure it's Snuck)
Back to top Go down
usernameisinvisible

usernameisinvisible

PostSubject: Re: The mountain   The mountain - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 6:53 pm

Shayla approached Jim as he picked up one of the pups. She glanced nervously behind her, watching for the mom.

[i]"These things are adorable! Can I keep him?"[/i] he asked.

"Sure. But I wouldn't suggest it, for one, the mom will go looking, and two, that 'adorable' pup is going to grow up just as big and fierce as the adult." she finished, pointing into the woods where the mom was. She rolled her eyes and nuzzled one of the other pups, it jumped on her head and swished its tail in her face. She laughed.

((Yeh, I thought so, but it didn't sound right, Neither did sneaked........*facehoofs*))
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

PostSubject: Re: The mountain   The mountain - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 7:33 pm

Fair point. Jim kept playing with the little guy before putting him down and watching him scamper off to play with his siblings. He looked at them all pouncing on each other, practicing hunting. That was the amusing part, he mused. These little fellas would be ripping things apart with those claws and teeth. It was pretty adorable in a murderous sort of way.

Jim played a little with them himself- their teeth weren't in properly yet, so it didn't hurt when they bit him. He smiled at them all, putting on this little voice he always had with small creatures.

"Hey there! How are ya? D'aww, aren't you just adorable?"

His voice went rather high and feminine around these things. He nuzzled another, the cuteness blocking out his thoughts. He then saw them all dart away from him, all moving in the same direction. He smiled- hide and seek?

Of course once he turned around he realised mummy timberwolf was in more of a mood for hunting the idiot that wasn't watching his arse properly.

Jim spread his wings, zipping up like a rocket to avoid its jaws, then flying higher up to avoid it altogether.
Back to top Go down
usernameisinvisible

usernameisinvisible

PostSubject: Re: The mountain   The mountain - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 7:57 pm

Shayla laughed as Jim shot into the air, and she followed suite.

"Well wasn't that just fun." she stated, still laughing. She stared down at the wolves, who were gazing upwards at them.

"She may come looking for us, though I doubt it as she has to care for the pups. Well, what now?" she asked, turning to Jim.
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

PostSubject: Re: The mountain   The mountain - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 5:57 pm

Jim held his chest, trying to calm himself and steady his breathing. How Shayla could find that fun he'd never know- that was bloody terrifying! He looked at Shayla like she was mental, then cooled his thoughts. Well, it was thrilling to be honest. He stewed in anger for a moment, then slowly started laughing. He was then hysterically shrieking. Eventually he calmed himself down, amused at the looks he was getting from the Timberwolves.

"Well, what about that other place you mentioned?"
Back to top Go down
usernameisinvisible

usernameisinvisible

PostSubject: Re: The mountain   The mountain - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 6:27 pm

"What, the cave? Yeh, okay." she said, "we can fly this time."

With that she zoomed off, flying low to the canopy, nearly touching it. She stopped suddenly, right above a large rock. Landing lightly, she stopped and waited for Jim before sliding down the top and in front of it.

"Ready?"
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

PostSubject: Re: The mountain   The mountain - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 3:26 pm

Jim landed beside Shayla on the rock. He didn't see what was so cool about this place, but he played along. He noticed that Shayla knew her way around here worryingly well. How long had she been here? Had it really been since she was a filly? Best not to ask. She'll probably tell him at some point.

"So, what's so special about this place?"

(I know you don't mind but I still feel the need to apologise for the long wait)
Back to top Go down
usernameisinvisible

usernameisinvisible

PostSubject: Re: The mountain   The mountain - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 7:46 pm

"Oh you'll see." she laughed as she strolled into the dark cave. She hadn't had this much fun in a while, and was enjoying every minute of it.

The darkness surrounded the two, blocking out all light, but Shayla didn't stop moving.

"Try to stay close to me." she ordered quietly, "there's an incline up ahead, and a steep drop." she said a bit too late, as they were already going up the hill.
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

PostSubject: Re: The mountain   The mountain - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 6:09 pm

Jim followed Shayla into the cave. It was dark as Tartarus in the cave. He could only tell it was Shayla in front of him because of the sound of her hoofsteps. When they came to the incline, Jim tripped a little but kept his footing. He kept close behind- he was getting a little curious as to what was in here.

"How much longer til we get there?"
Back to top Go down
usernameisinvisible

usernameisinvisible

PostSubject: Re: The mountain   The mountain - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 7:04 pm

"We're almost there, patience." she replied, putting her hoof out to stop Jim before he fell. They had reached the top of the hill and were just about to go down the drop.

"There's a steep hill right here, careful. Follow close behind me." she said, stepping carefully down. She slowly walked down to the bottom, "Okay, it's flat from here on out."

She began walking quickly, towards the center of the cave. As they approached, a big drop of water fell onto Shayla's head. She shook her head in reaction to it, blinking the liquid out of her eyes.

"Wait till you see this." she said, smirking.
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

PostSubject: Re: The mountain   The mountain - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 3:50 pm

Jim raised an eyebrow. She was being a little cryptic, which he was never a fan of. He always felt a pony should just come out with it rather than keep up a mystery- that just aggravated him. Still, Shayla probably had the best interest here.

When he came to the steep bit he slid down- lots of practicing from skateboarding when he was a colt. He continued to follow Shayla.
Back to top Go down
usernameisinvisible

usernameisinvisible

PostSubject: Re: The mountain   The mountain - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 8:07 pm

"Okay we're here." Shayla said, stepping into light. The cave had a closed top, but it was light. There were plants and trees and fog everywhere. Shayla smirked, waiting for Jim's reaction.

(Sorry, shortness! Oops. Anyways, this is a reference to the largest cave in the world. It's so big it even has its own clouds and weather!)
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

PostSubject: Re: The mountain   The mountain - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 12:57 pm

Jim gaped when he saw the cave. How the hay does a cave get its own ecosystem? He walked over and started inspecting the plants. He chopped off a few leaves and roots and put them in his bag.

"They're rare, and needed in a few medicines. It's unlikely somepony gets chicken flu the moment one does, everypony gets it."

He walked deeper into the trees, observing the animals and such that lived in it. He wondered- if a society of ponies evolved here, could they survive? He supposed they could; there was dirt and such about, so good could be grown. Wait a second....

"How do all these even grow? They don't get any sunlight as far as I can see."
Back to top Go down
usernameisinvisible

usernameisinvisible

PostSubject: Re: The mountain   The mountain - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 7:47 pm

Shayla grinned, "it's cool right? Look up there, see?" she pointed at the cave sides, there were tiny holes in the wall. They were very small, but there were quite a few of them, so a lot of sunlight got in.

Shay flew up to the sides, peering out of the holes. She couldn't see anything, but it was worth a try. She smiled again, sitting on a small tree. A little furry chipmunk skipped over to her. It's cheek were big, so Shayla was sure he had acorns in his mouth. She laughed and scratched his chin.
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

PostSubject: Re: The mountain   The mountain - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 3:27 am

Jim didn't really think much about the animals- he was never that kind of pony. He'd help a hurt one but you wouldn't catch him simpering over a puppy or anything. He flew up to the holes Shayla had pointed out. 

"These are fascinating. Somepony on the surface wouldn't see it but those of us here can see clear as day."

Another question came to mind. "What about water? Do these clouds actually rain?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The mountain   The mountain - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The mountain
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4