My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

An Evening in the Library

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Melody Heart

Melody Heart

An Evening in the Library Empty
PostSubject: An Evening in the Library   An Evening in the Library I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 1:57 am

It was another quite evening in the library, one of Melody Heart's favorite places to be in as night began to approach.

There was something very calming about the way that the place seemed to settle as the sun began to set, something entrancing about the stillness that took hold around this time.

It made reading or simply spending time here more than just something to do. It was an experience that always relaxed her and helped her feel at peace with herself and was, by far, one of the best atmospheres for her to write poetry in.

With the book she was reading to her left and her current composition to her right, she looked to the clock hanging on the wall above her and realized that she should probably begin to pack up her things soon.

After looking around and seeing that almost everypony had left, she decided that she should pack her things up now. She didn't want to be a nuisance, after all.

She finished the phrase she was currently writing, packed up the book that she had checked out earlier that afternoon, and stood up to head out.
Back to top Go down
Weedo The Great

Weedo The Great

PostSubject: Re: An Evening in the Library   An Evening in the Library I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 3:27 am

Spirit Hop entered the library and rushed over to the advanced section looking in several books in a hasty manner not noticing Melody

Back to top Go down
Melody Heart

Melody Heart

PostSubject: Re: An Evening in the Library   An Evening in the Library I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 1:30 pm

Melody was very surprised to see a stallion enter the library at this time of day.

Normally, she would stay far away from ponies who were in a hurry because she didn't want to risk a confrontation if she got in their way. She found it incredibly intriguing, however, that this stallion was heading to the Advanced Literature section in such a determined manner - he seemed to be on a mission, of sorts.

As he began to look through the books, Melody stayed back a little bit to see if she could catch a glance of what specific information he was looking for. She couldn't see anything from the distance she was at, however, and nervously took a few more steps towards him.
Back to top Go down
Weedo The Great

Weedo The Great

PostSubject: Re: An Evening in the Library   An Evening in the Library I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 4:38 am

The books appeared to be about strange afflictions and illnesses , including a book called Supernaturals: Natural Remedies and Cure-Alls That Are Simply Super, the Pegasus simply ignored that one because of the first part of its title.

He spotted Melody shocked to see another pony at this time of day.

Argh! "flies into random bookshelf"
Back to top Go down
Melody Heart

Melody Heart

PostSubject: Re: An Evening in the Library   An Evening in the Library I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 4:34 pm

Melody stood still for a moment that seemed to linger on forever.

She felt so embarrassed for having spooked him like that.

Her thoughts ran wildly across her mind as she mentally berated herself, thinking,

"There you go, Melody - the one thing that you tried to not do. Now he probably is thinking about how odd of a mare you are - way to go."

"I should have just left when I first thought to."
she whispered to herself, dejectedly.

In the midst of her desire to curl up into a ball and disappear, she, with much resignation, felt the moral obligation to at least try to apologize to him. Although she was now almost certain that she would just cause more harm than she already had, she would feel even worse if she didn't at least try.

Resisting her leg's urge to run far, far away from the entire situation, she started walking towards the area that she saw him fly to. She couldn't locate exactly where he had gone, so she sort of wandered in the general area where she thought that he might have gone to.

In a voice that was hardly audible and extremely abashed, she spoke,

"Hello? Um... I just wanted to say that I'm - uh... I'm really, really sorry to have interrupted and spooked you like that; I promise, I didn't mean to. I just, uh... I saw you and, I don't know, it looked like you might have needed some help looking for books. I... I guess, for some reason, I thought that I could help you since I sort of know this library."

Melody hung her head low, adding,

"I'm really sorry... I hope that you find what you're looking for."
Back to top Go down
Weedo The Great

Weedo The Great

PostSubject: Re: An Evening in the Library   An Evening in the Library I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 4:54 am

Looks at Melody he seemed a little embarrassed and nervous, but he was doing his best to seem cheerful.

"Oh that's OK my wings go out of control when i'm well...startled...
But anyhoof I'm looking for something to treat a strange illness for a bunny I've found, and I can't find out what is wrong with the poor thing."

Spirit then points to all the books he have been looking at with his hoof

"Would you happen to know were I can find a good book for such strange illnesses?"
Back to top Go down
Melody Heart

Melody Heart

PostSubject: Re: An Evening in the Library   An Evening in the Library I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 9:39 pm

Melody was incredibly relived that he had responded positively to her social misstep and subtlety excited for the opportunity to get to help the stallion find the information he needed.

A very slight smile worked its way across her face as she responded with,

"Oh - well you're really close, actually."

She walked him over one bookshelf to the left and to the far left side of that bookshelf.

"I'm pretty sure it will be somewhere in this area." she said, indicating a small area of books.

She backed up so that he could look through the books.

Trying to keep the conversation going so it wouldn't become awkward, she, slowly beginning to gain a little confidence, decided to inquire about the stallion in front of her.

She, avoiding his direct eye contact, quietly asked,

"I haven't seen you around Ponyville, how long have you been here? What do you do?"
Back to top Go down
Weedo The Great

Weedo The Great

PostSubject: Re: An Evening in the Library   An Evening in the Library I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 5:13 am

While looking at the selection of books he answered Melody.

"I haven't been In Ponyville for that long, I just moved here about three days ago" he explained as he dismissed a few books before continuing.

"And as of now I have a part time job as cloud control *sighs* yeah don't want to do that forever..." he said clearly disappointed with his new job.

"I used to be a veterinarian, but that was not for me." he said before his eyes grew bright

"Hey this looks like it!." he then analyzed the thing closer and pointed at the section with his hoof.

It showed a bunny with red eyes and green dots all over.

"Hhmn it appears the cure is ice cream!?... I would never have thought of that." he said before closing the book, and looked at Melody.

"But anyhoof thanks for the help, I don't believe I have Introduced myself yet I'm Spirit Hop" he says as he offers a hoof shake.

Back to top Go down
Melody Heart

Melody Heart

PostSubject: Re: An Evening in the Library   An Evening in the Library I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 9:40 pm

Melody returned Spirit Hop's hoofshake and cordially responded with,

"It's nice to meet you, Spirit Hop - I'm Melody."

She paused for a moment before continuing,

"I hope that you eventually find some job that you enjoy soon - it'll really make living here so much more enjoyable."

She offered a smile after her last statement in hopes that Spirit Hop would believe her sincerity. She knew how upsetting working at something you're not passionate about can be.

Her head sunk a tiny bit as she admitted,

"Once again, so sorry for starling you like that earlier. I also don't like to be spooked - I hope I didn't throw you off too much."
Back to top Go down
Weedo The Great

Weedo The Great

PostSubject: Re: An Evening in the Library   An Evening in the Library I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 5:11 am

Spirit looked at Melody, and gave a shy smile before responding

"Well I just hope I did not embarrass you by being so jumpy" he admitted

"Anyhoof I need to get back to the bunny thanks for helping me hope we meet again Melody" he said before exiting the library.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Evening in the Library   An Evening in the Library I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Evening in the Library
Page 1 of 1