My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Brew at the tavern.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mcewanman

mcewanman

Brew at the tavern. Empty
PostSubject: Brew at the tavern.   Brew at the tavern. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 4:47 am

Mixed Brew walked tentatively into the tavern. He needed a certain kind of alcohol to make a hair growth potion. Somepony was losing his coat hair, and he needed to take the potion daily to look normal.

He walked up to the bar, ignoring all the other ponies. They could be trying to get him to be their special somepony or ignoring him altogether. He didn't want to know really. Brew leaned on the bar and asked of the Barmare:

"Hi, do you have any pink rose wine? I need it to make a potion."
"Ah, you're the stallion that runs the potion shop down town square, right?" She replied.
"Correct. Do you have any?"
"Yeah, gimme a sec to grab the bottle...."

She went down and got a bottle of pink rose. Brew paid up, but just as he was leaving the Barmare leaned over and whispered:

"You know, I wouldn't argue to you and me having a little drink together~"

Brew stopped dead for a second and darted out of the tavern in terror. The Barmare laughed. She had heard he reacted like that when somepony tried to make a move on him. Brew sat on a bench outside the tavern, taking deep breaths to calm himself.
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

PostSubject: Re: Brew at the tavern.   Brew at the tavern. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 4:55 am

Starcatcher had been having a relatively good day, by her standards. She had helped an injured bird, messed around a bit with Ember and got her shopping done. It was a kind of tiring day, so she decided to take a break at the local tavern. A glass of juice would do her some good.

Just as she was about to enter through the door with her bag of bits hanging from her mouth, a flurry of white and black shot by her. "Woah!" she exclaimed, whirling around in surprise before overbalancing and stumbling onto the ground as her bits spilled out onto the ground in front of her. "Dang!" she cursed, watching her dropped bits glitter in the sun before moving to pick them all up.

Hearing some labored breathing from behind her, she would've turned and seen who exactly was gasping so desperately if she wasn't so preoccupied. Picking it up bit by bit, she placed them all in her bag before sighing when she realised how many she still had to go. "Drat."
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

PostSubject: Re: Brew at the tavern.   Brew at the tavern. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 6:12 am

When he'd calmed down again, Brew noticed he'd knocked over somepony in his rush to get as far away from the Barmare as he could. He walked over to her and used his magic to lift the bits she dropped into the bag.

"Hi, sorry about that. Barmare freaked the hay out of me and I had to escape."

He shivered a little at the thought. Then again, she was probably just kidding. Nopony could like Brew- even if they did, he just couldn't get past his fear of romance. He regained his composure and smiled at the mare he'd knocked over.

"The name's Mixed Brew. What's yours? And is there anything else I can do to make up for that?"
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

PostSubject: Re: Brew at the tavern.   Brew at the tavern. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 6:24 am

Smiling, Star glanced up to see the pony of her previous curiosity to be a stallion, a unicorn as of that. "Thank you for your help." she said graciously, holding open the bag as he dropped the levitating bits into it. "Oh, it's no problem. Sometimes one must take a break from other ponies." she said, nodding with sympathy in her tone and understanding flashing in her eyes. "Starcatcher. Pleasure. Oh, and it's alright, but... You could sit and chat with me for a while." she said, extending a hoof for him to shake.
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

PostSubject: Re: Brew at the tavern.   Brew at the tavern. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 6:32 am

Brew shook her hoof, resisting the urge to run. Just a friendly gesture. He smiled at her.

"Yeah, that's a point. I'm okay with a chat I suppose."

He was happy that she was being so understanding. Don't see much of that these days, yet this mare was being perfectly nice to a stallion who'd knocked her over and made her drip some money. He could respect that.

"Well whatever the case, nice to meetcha starcatcher. Not sure what you mean by a chat though. We just gonna stand here and talk or did you have a particular place in mind?"

He checked the wine was okay. That stallion needed the potion, and Brew had agreed to deliver it for the next morning. It wasn't particularly late though, so he could afford a natter.
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

PostSubject: Re: Brew at the tavern.   Brew at the tavern. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 6:39 am

Star shrugged. "We could sit here and talk, or grab a drink." she said, the bits now in her hoof. "If we get a drink I'll pay." she continued, shaking the bits. Studying the stallion in front of her, she watched him with interest, especially focused on his eyes. The colouring in them was unique and special - something she had never seen - and it intrigued her to no end. Judging by his cutie mark, he was a potion brewer, which would also fit the name.
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

PostSubject: Re: Brew at the tavern.   Brew at the tavern. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 6:48 am

Brew nodded. He supposed a drink would be nice. He went into the tavern, assuming Starcatcher would follow. He went up to the bar, emotionless to the Barmare. He ordered himself a cider. An ideal drink since there's little alcohol actually in it, and Brew wasn't really in the best circumstances to be drunk. He insisted upon paying for it himself though.

"I wronged you, albeit accidentally. I don't think you should pay my friend." He said nonchalantly.

Of course, he let her pay for her own drink. Compromise, as Brew's dad said. She wanted to be nice and he wanted to make it up to her so he paid for himself but let her pay for herself. Made sense to him.

"So, what do you wanna talk about?" Asked Brew.
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

PostSubject: Re: Brew at the tavern.   Brew at the tavern. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 7:54 am

Trotting after Brew, Star finally got to get the juice she had previously planned on. She was never really one for getting tipsy, unless it was a big party - after all, she usually had Ember to worry about and that pony had a seemingly limitless capacity for alcohol. "I suppose that makes sense." she said, nodding as she watched Brew slide his bits onto the counter. Taking a seat at the table Brew was situated at, she sipped her drink in thought. "I'm not very sure. Just... about you I suppose. Brief life story?" she asked with a grin, resting her head in a hoof.
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

PostSubject: Re: Brew at the tavern.   Brew at the tavern. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 10:03 am

Brew grinned at the little pose Starcatcher sat in, with her hoof on her chin. It was pretty amusing.

"Not much to tell. I grew up in manehatten, got my cutie mark after brewing a rather difficult potion perfectly on my first go, and...."

He froze up at the thought of the Icy incident. He decided not to mention that part. He'd sound weird, or even give Starcatcher ideas. He sniggered at that thought. How paranoid was he getting? He needed to just relax. This mare was trying to be nice after all. The least he could do was return the favour and not expect her to try anything on.

Still, he felt it best to leave that business out of it. Not a pleasant discussion for either party.

"What about yourself? What's your story, so to speak?"
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

PostSubject: Re: Brew at the tavern.   Brew at the tavern. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 8:02 pm

"Nice job, nailing a potion on your first try." she said with a smile, impressed and pretty happy that her previous deduction had been correct - he did have a potion related cutie mark. Seeing him freeze up for a brief few seconds, Star furrowed her brows, confused as to why. Was he hiding something? She was tempted to dig a little, but decided against it.

"Oh... Well, I'll start off by saying I'm an orphan." she said, her voice dropping as her eyes became a little misty at the memory. "I somehow managed to survive, and when I first learnt to fly and saw the stars close up, I got this here cutie mark." she said, gesturing to her flank.
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

PostSubject: Re: Brew at the tavern.   Brew at the tavern. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 8:09 pm

Brew felt pretty sorry for this mare. Being orphaned must've been rough. He wanted to ask a little more, but a touchy subject that one was. He was considering telling her about the Icy incident- after all, it was ages ago. Maybe talking about it would help. Still, he'd only just met Starcatcher and he wasn't going to tell her something like that until he knew he could trust her.

"That must have been tough. I'm not gonna pretend to understand since I had a pretty middle class family myself. For Manehatten anyway. Still, you have my sympathies. At least you got out of the crapper though."

He drank a little of his cider, trying to think of a new topic. Family would be touchy since she was orphaned. Brew didn't know what there was to say. He glared at the Barmare, who just sniggered. Cheeky cow.

Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

PostSubject: Re: Brew at the tavern.   Brew at the tavern. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 8:15 pm

Star nodded to acknowledge his sentiments, still focused on her hooves. "Thanks... It was for a bit. But after a while, you get used to it all." she whispered, before snapping out of her trance-like state and shaking her head a couple of times, taking a sip of her juice to convince herself she was back in reality. I shouldn't dwell on it too much.

She could read the curiosity in his features, and she smiled a little. "You know, you can ask about it if you want." she said. To her, being an orphan had made her a better pony - if she hadn't suffered, she wouldn't know the true value of being loved and being happy. So she didn't really mind when ponies asked her about it, since she knew that nopony was perfect (as cheesy as it sounds).

But that still didn't make the memories less painful.
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

PostSubject: Re: Brew at the tavern.   Brew at the tavern. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 5:22 am

Brew thought for a moment about his questions. Well, it wouldn't hurt, since she seemed okay with it. She didn't seen too happy though- should he ask? Brew debated it in his head before strengthening his resolve and asking:

"This might be a tough question, and you don't have to answer but did you know any of your biological family? Also, who took care of you, or did you grow up on the streets? Finally, how did you pull yourself out?"

He shifted uncomfortably in his seat. Starcatcher was telling him something very personal. Should he tell her about Icy? He supposed he'd wait until she answered his questions then see how vague she got.
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

PostSubject: Re: Brew at the tavern.   Brew at the tavern. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 6:43 am

Starcatcher sighed, running a hoof through her mane. She should've known it would be this question. She was prepared for it though, so at least she had a response. "No. I don't. My parents were gone when I was very young, and I don't even remember their faces anymore, let alone any relatives." she said, staring Brew right in the eyes. "When I was younger, I was just kind of begging off ponies to survive, and I was eventually taken in by the owner of a tavern who looked after me for a while. Eventually, I left since I didn't want to be a burden. And... Pulling myself out." she paused, blinking back the tears that had formed at the corners of her eyes. "I suppose I just got out with the help of a friend. My best friend."
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

PostSubject: Re: Brew at the tavern.   Brew at the tavern. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 8:25 am

Brew listened to Starcatcher's story. Celestia had she had a hard time. He gave her a pat on the back and said:

"Damn. You have all the sympathy I can muster, that's for sure. How did your friend get you out of the gutter then?"

If what she said was particularly harsh, he'd tell her about Icy. He was starting to trust Starcatcher- she seemed like a decent enough pony.

"Also, how were you being a burden? Looking after a filly can't be that hard- just give her some food and a bed. At least that's my opinion. Oh yeah, didn't you ever get taken to an orphanage? I'd have thought you'd go to one of those."
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

PostSubject: Re: Brew at the tavern.   Brew at the tavern. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 9:05 am

Star smiled when he patted her shoulder, glancing up and shaking her head to rid the tears. A grin blossomed across her face when she though of Ember. "Well, firstly she became my friend. Then she let me stay at her place until I could get back on my hooves and we've been inseparable since." she chuckled, Ember's giggles coming to mind as she spoke.

"I know, I know, but... I felt guilty." she said, smiling sheepishly as she flushed a little. At the mention of an orphanage, she just shook her head and shuddered. "I hate orphanages. I don't know, there just seems to be too much sadness. I refused to go to one." she said, shivering and rubbing her arm with a hoof.
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

PostSubject: Re: Brew at the tavern.   Brew at the tavern. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 9:24 am

Brew nodded at Starcatcher's comments.

"Understandable. I've been in a couple of orphanages for deliveries. The foals there aren't exactly miserable but you can see the disappointment in their faces when it's just the stallion with the potions, rather than a new parent."

Something occurred to him. He remembered a little event he once saw.

" I remember this one time I brought cough medicine to a colt in an orphanage. Once I'd administered it to him, he gives me this adorable little look and asks me if I was there to adopt him. Broke his little heart when I told him I wasn't."

He sighed. He'd wanted to adopt the kid, but he didn't have the cash, patience or responsibility to raise the little fella.
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

PostSubject: Re: Brew at the tavern.   Brew at the tavern. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 7:55 pm

"It can get pretty bad, yea. It's just..." she paused, trying to find the right words to express how she felt. "They just want to be loved so badly, and when they see other colts getting adopted their self-esteem just plummets." she said, sighing as she finished off her juice.

Star listened to the story retold, and smiled every-so-slightly at the end. "That's what I mean. Very few ponies adopt, and there are always so many orphans left behind." she said, her gaze shifting to her hooves as she absentmindedly drew circles on the table, her mane falling into her eyes.
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

PostSubject: Re: Brew at the tavern.   Brew at the tavern. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 4:44 am

Brew noticed Starcatcher was looking pretty miserable. Best not tell her about Icy- not a happy story. He drank his cider and racked his brain for possible happier discussions. He came up with squat. He sighed. Fine, he'll tell her about Icy.

"Star- I hope you don't mind me calling you star- I've got a story to tell, and I've sort of been debating over telling you. I haven't told anypony else since I came here, mainly 'cause I don't have many friends."

He sipped his cider and continued.

"This explains why I barged into you back there. See, when I was a teen I decided to make a life potion. I'd found it in a recipe book and didn't know what it actually did. I followed the instructions on the page, but didn't realise I was looking at the opposite page which detailed a love potion. I took it into school one day to test it. I pretended it was a brand new drink I'd invented, and since I'm a good cook everypony believed it. I held a raffle and the winner got the potion. A mare by the name of Icy Word. She looked in my eyes and fell in insane love with me. She hugs me really tight, calls me these weird pet names then finally...when I try to explain...she kisses me. She wouldn't get off, and I wasn't enjoying it no sir. My friends got her off but only when they noticed I was crying."

He wiped his eyes as he finished the story.

(Sowwy that's so long but it wouldn't work if I broke it up into little bits.)
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

PostSubject: Re: Brew at the tavern.   Brew at the tavern. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 9:18 am

Star shrugged at the pet-name. Everyone normally called her that, thinking Starcatcher to be too much of a bother so she didn't really mind. After all, she had suggested it in the first place. Lack of friends huh... Reminds me of when I first got here... "Go ahead." she said, gesturing for him to continue.

The blue pegasus mare listened to his story in respectful silence, stunned at the end of it. That was definitely not what she was expecting. But... Now she knew the story, it suddenly explained so much. Why he seemed so uncomfortable before, and why he was still nervously fidgeting every time other ponies glanced in his direction. "Damn... That stinks." she said, before, for no particular reason, she reached over the table and patted his head. It was kind of something she did instinctively, and once she realised what she was doing she awkwardly pulled her hoof back, flustered. "Oh, I'm so sorry." she exclaimed, feeling her face flush with embarrassment. However, the tide of awkwardness brought on something else as Star felt her throat begin to dry up. Oh no...
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

PostSubject: Re: Brew at the tavern.   Brew at the tavern. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 9:27 am

Brew twitched a little at the touch. He suppresses the urge to run. It was just an act of sympathy, nothing more. Wait....she was blushing! She was making a move!

Brew quickly shook his head and took a deep breath to calm himself down. She was blushing because she knew he'd react like that. He weakly smiled at her.

"I-It's fine. Just P-please don't do that again. I get really uncomfortable. Celestia am I pathetic...."

He took a drink, calming down a little more, though still on edge. He was such a freak, having a nervous breakdown if a mare so much as touched him.....

He also noticed a weird look on Star's face.

"Hey, are you alright? You seem a little off..."
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

PostSubject: Re: Brew at the tavern.   Brew at the tavern. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 9:34 am

Star opened her mouth to speak but found that nothing came out. Panic began to overcome her, and a look of desperation came onto her face. Flailing her hooves uselessly, she quickly rifled in her bits bag for what she hoped would be there. Not seeing it, she began to freak out and she tapped her hooves on the table anxiously, hoping he wouldn't get the wrong idea.

Mustering up the courage, she tried to speak. "I... Shy... You..." she whispered, gesturing between them before face-hoofing when she realised that all the wrong words were coming out, and he probably thought of her as a weird creepo. Oh Celestia... Why me?
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

PostSubject: Re: Brew at the tavern.   Brew at the tavern. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 9:42 am

Brew raised an eyebrow. Why was she panicking so much? Was it medical? Did she have asthma of something? He quickly passed her a drink.

"If you're choking drink this. It should help. If you're panicking, drink this calming potion. It'll help you think straight."

He passed her one of the potions out of his bag.

"Also, me, you and Shy? What, are you getting s-shy around me?"

He quickly drank to calm himself. She wasn't, she wasn't. She simply had something up.
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

PostSubject: Re: Brew at the tavern.   Brew at the tavern. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 9:48 am

Star shook her head, pushing the drink away before looking at the potion and accepting it with grateful hooves. Unsure of how much she should drink, she took a gulp before sighing, already feeling the ability to speak return to her.

"Sorry... Y-You see, I have this thing... where... where I have k-kind of shy attacks..." she said softly, awkwardly smiling at him. "Sorry if I gave you a fright there with those words that came out all wrong." she giggled, passing the potion back. "Thanks, but I don't think I'll need anymore."
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

PostSubject: Re: Brew at the tavern.   Brew at the tavern. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 5:13 pm

Brew shrugged.

"The amount needed depends on the pony and the severity of the Shyness. And it's fine- I completely understand. After all, it's a pretty weird thing I have to be honest."

He put the potion back into his bag and decided he wasn't going to order anything else.

"I'll be off then. Keep the potion- it'll make a good backup if you forget whatever it is keeping your emotions under control. Nice speaking with you though. Pop by my shop in the town square if you fancy a chat again or need a potion."

He got up and left the tavern, satisfied he'd at least had a decent conversation with a mare.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brew at the tavern.   Brew at the tavern. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brew at the tavern.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next