My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Finding yourself... (open to everypony)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ShieldWall

ShieldWall

Finding yourself... (open to everypony) Empty
PostSubject: Finding yourself... (open to everypony)   Finding yourself... (open to everypony) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 9:54 pm

The 10a.m. train pulled into Ponyville Central Station. A small crowd poured out including a heavily armored stallion. The box car shifted as he stepped out onto the platform. He looked around and took in his new surroundings.

"Ponyville," He thought to himself. "Seems nice enough."

He walked down the ramp and into town. He could feel eyes upon him, but he was used to ponies staring. Not that he liked it mind you. You wouldn't think to see somepony, even a royal guard, wearing that much armor. It covered his whole body, minus his mane and tail. A thick metal shield hung off his right side, and a saddlebag off his left.

"Guess I should find the Town Hall. See if there's an available house, or plot of land." He thought.
Back to top Go down
Noble062

Noble062

PostSubject: Re: Finding yourself... (open to everypony)   Finding yourself... (open to everypony) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 7:30 am

Noble sighed as he trotted around. His new-found personality bug would hopefully not interfere. Hopefully he would not interfere. He wasn't on duty at the moment, yet he always kept his sword strapped to his side. Then the train pulled in, bringing many new ponies to Ponyville, every day. The new pony of the day was completely decked out in armor. More armor than a lot of royal guards had on. Well, usually anyway. It seemed that Ponyville might get another pony who knows their way around protecting others. And surely, who else should greet him than another brother in arms?

"Hello there, sir. I couldn't help but notice all that armor. Are you a guard, per-chance?"
Back to top Go down
ShieldWall

ShieldWall

PostSubject: Re: Finding yourself... (open to everypony)   Finding yourself... (open to everypony) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 10:26 am

"Indeed I am." Shield said and stopped to greet... a somewhat familiar face. "I actually just stepped off the train. Just arrived from Canterlot. Could you tell me where I'd find the Town Hall?" His voice almost sounded metallic through his helm.
Back to top Go down
Noble062

Noble062

PostSubject: Re: Finding yourself... (open to everypony)   Finding yourself... (open to everypony) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 12:10 pm

Noble smiled. This guard was familiar, but that was nothing new. Most guards when to the same academy. They probably went to the academy together.

"Yeah, I can show you. Just follow.", he said as he trotted towards the town hall. "I suppose I should introduce myself. My name is Noble Shield. I'm one of the few guards that are actually stationed here. And what might your name be?"
Back to top Go down
ShieldWall

ShieldWall

PostSubject: Re: Finding yourself... (open to everypony)   Finding yourself... (open to everypony) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 9:51 pm

Shield trotted along with Noble. He looked around at all the different buildings, taking note of any important or busy looking ones.

"I'm ShieldWall." He answered. "My father said this might be a good place to take a break before I start my career as a guard. To be honest though, it seems like as good of a place to start. What's it like here?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
Noble062

Noble062

PostSubject: Re: Finding yourself... (open to everypony)   Finding yourself... (open to everypony) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 2:48 pm

Noble nodded his head in the direction of some ponies passing by.

"It's quiet, peaceful, and the ponies are all very friendly." Noble thought of how little crime actually happened here.
"There is the occasional theft or maybe even a bar fight here and there. But for the most part, the place is quite nice."
Noble was curious about ShieldWall's past.

"So, you haven't quite started your career yet? Then take a piece of advice." Noble looked toward the sword he carried with him. "Don't reach for the sword unless you really, truly need to."
Back to top Go down
ShieldWall

ShieldWall

PostSubject: Re: Finding yourself... (open to everypony)   Finding yourself... (open to everypony) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 10:40 pm

Shield looked to the ponies Noble pointed out, and finally understood why his father sent him here. Little crime, nice ponies, a rather nice place to start.

"So, you haven't quite started your career yet? Then take a piece of advice."

He listened intently to Noble as he spoke.

Noble looked toward the sword he carried with him. "Don't reach for the sword unless you really, truly need to."

Noble could see a smile form through Shield's helm. "You and I my new friend are going to get along just fine. My father gave me similar advice growing up." He motioned to his sides. "That and I don't own a sword.. anymore." He trailed off. Noble could probably sense a story behind that.
Back to top Go down
Noble062

Noble062

PostSubject: Re: Finding yourself... (open to everypony)   Finding yourself... (open to everypony) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 1:32 am

Noble felt good that this Stallion was taught this prior to his service. Something that his parents never bothered to teach him.

"Glad to hear it. I personally hate taking other lives. I've killed at least three times, and those faces still haunt me." Noble grimaced slightly at the thought.

"If you don't mind me asking, have you ever taken a life?"
Back to top Go down
ShieldWall

ShieldWall

PostSubject: Re: Finding yourself... (open to everypony)   Finding yourself... (open to everypony) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 12:04 pm

"If you don't mind me asking, have you ever taken a life?"

Shield stopped in his tracks for a moment as his thoughts returned to that fateful day. He started walking again.

"Only once." Shield said. "This one night my father and I were returning to Canterlot with a caravan filled with supplies from a few towns over. Just my father was tasked with guarding it since it wasn't supposed to be anything too dangerous, but he took me along for some experience before the Academy. We were attacked along the road by some bandits on the outskirts." Shield took a deep breath. "Long story short. It was either him or my father."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finding yourself... (open to everypony)   Finding yourself... (open to everypony) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finding yourself... (open to everypony)
Page 1 of 1