My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Brainstorm

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brainstorm

Brainstorm

Brainstorm Empty
PostSubject: Brainstorm   Brainstorm I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 1:33 pm

Brainstorm

Brainstorm 055df23c66ae451a98538beae5ad8633-d6e6al8

Species: Unicorn Pony

Mane: Black and white, short up-do

Tail: Black and tied into a short pony-tail (yes I recognize the irony)

Eyes: Jade green

Body: Light-weight with a dark-grey coat and black muzzle.

Cutie Mark: A grey, cloud-like brain with a white lightning bolt coming from it

Personality: Brainstorm is clever and calculating, but self-conscious and somewhat shy; loyal to a fault and practices moderate chivalry. While he loves one-on-one conversations, he's can be an occasional introvert, especially in a crowd. His wit can be slow a times, but that's only because he takes his time to think things through. While this makes him at a disadvantage in a pinch, if he has a moment to think he can usually figure a way out of most-any situation. He won't hesitate to take blows to defend a stranger, even though he is lousy at fighting. At the end of the day, there is nopony with a deeper heart when it comes to what's right.

Likes: Reading, psychology, philosophy, long one-on-one conversations, problem-solving, magic

Dislikes: Spectator sports, spotlights, confrontation, crowds

History: Born into the busy streets of Manehattan, Brainstorm moved in with his granny Rose Pedal in Ponyville at a young age. It wasn't until his first visit to the town library and he tucked into the book “The Mysterious Minds of Mares” that he developed his passion for creative thought.
  Rather than a single hobby, his passion lies in finding new solutions and creative answers to his and other ponies’ problems. One day shortly after, he was coming up with easier ways for his grandmother to run her flower shop. It was after he spent the day swapping out the brighter, more eye-catching arrangements to stand outside the front of the store around the signs and widows that he had realized his cutie mark had come in.
  Shortly after he opened a shop of his own with a unique sales-target; it was an odd-job help shop. He runs it to this day and tries to help the citizens of Ponyville with everything from cleaning out garages to talking out personal problems.

Example RP segment:  5. A colt is bullying a filly in the Manehattan street. When your OC looks to him, he turns to your OC and snaps, "What're you looking at?" Given your OC’s personality, compose a brief narrative in which your OC identifies and addresses the situation.

Brainstorm paused with a bewildered blink at the glare. He glanced around a bit quickly, and then rubbed the back of his mane with his hoof nervously and pointed to himself. “Oh me? Just… err… admiring the lovely fauna and such; a colt of simple pleasures and all.” He smiled nervously as he stammered and backed away slowly. “Don’t mind me. I must be off to take care of… a thing… over there!”
  Brainstorm took off at a trot, and then made a round behind a nearby building. He peeked around the corner, waiting for the colt to look away. Once he had, Brainstorm let out a relieved sigh and then smirked using his magic to lift a potted plant from a nearby ledge, lifting it high above. Once it was over the colt, he let it go, charging from his hiding spot as soon as he did so.
  The colt turned at the sound of the trotting, but before he could form anything more than the beginnings of a threat, the pot smashed onto his head. Taking advantage of the fact that the colt was dazed, Brainstorm rammed his side into him at a full charge, knocking him clear of the filly. “Run for it, Miss.” he said to her as he nudged her with his nose. Once she was up and away after thanks, Brainstorm looked to the colt whom was now standing back up and then gulped with a nervous smile. “Well… this is going to hurt.” He muttered, knowing he was not very strong and a terrible fighter.
  Hours later he hobbled into the Doctor’s with several injuries from the skirmish, still grinning through the pain. “All… according… to plan.” he breathed to himself before collapsing in the doctor’s lobby with a thud.

Acceptance

Last edited by Brainstorm on Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:32 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Blind Side

Blind Side

Brainstorm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm   Brainstorm I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 4:38 pm

Hello Brainstorm! Welcome to the Forum!

I like your OC! The personality section is a bit short, but you got the point across well enough.

also, be sure to use paragraphing in your RP. A wall-of-text can be disorienting and hard to read. breaking the post into paragraphs gives a sense of clear progress :)

Approved.

Have Fun, and feel free to join us in the chatbox at the bottom of the main page if you have questions or just want to chat ^.^
Back to top Go down
Brainstorm

Brainstorm

Brainstorm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm   Brainstorm I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 2:04 am

Thanks for the advice. ^^ I'm used to RPing on IMVU, so paragraph spacing wasn't an option. I'll try to make it a habit and incorporate it in my posts. Also I touched up my Character sheet as-per your suggestions. Can't wait to RP with you guys. :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brainstorm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm   Brainstorm I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brainstorm
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP :: Creations :: Submitted Creations :: Unicorns-
Jump to: