My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious.

Go down 
+5
Korenav
Brainstorm
Wild Card
Weedo The Great
1ncnspcuous
9 posters
AuthorMessage
1ncnspcuous
Procedures Administrator
1ncnspcuous

Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious. Empty
PostSubject: Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious.   Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 1:56 pm

Hello everypony.

It was made clear that yesterday's layout changes sparked a number of heated conversations between members.

According to one particularly disgruntled user, the following is evident:
a) Not all users were happy with the layout changes
b) Users felt that they were not adequately informed before changes were made

Despite our efforts to inform members that the layout modifications were not necessarily permanent (including direct addresses to Firework, Intelligent Design, Hammy, Soaring Splash, and all members present and available for communication at the time), members became convinced that the new layout was a deliberate attack upon their entitlements as subcribers to MLPFIMOCRP. I can only offer you my word as proof that this isn't the case.

I promise that, in the future, even aesthetic changes will be formally announced and discussed before any actions are taken. I recognize, as we are now a larger and more developed community, that not all operations may be conducted in the way that they were in months past. Had we known that the changes would be perceived as severe and offensive rather than a friendly effort to bring something new, we would have reconsidered our procedures. Meanwhile, we're perfectly happy with negative and positive responses, and always aim to regard the opinions of our peers. In fact, I appreciate the work done on the part of various members to clear the situation up (Especially Hammy, Intel, and Kid, though I know that you guys are less than happy with the current climate.) I'd like, in turn, for us to show a little patience. It is ultimately easy to see that all conflicts may be amended, and that no one involved ever actually expected consequent reactions to be so extreme.

Let's try to be a bit more civil about these things in the future, all right? I am more than happy to accommodate the wishes of my forum friends as long as they are articulated respectfully. Keep in mind that it is your responsibility as well as mine to find enjoyment in our cozy little forum. :D

Thank you,
1nc
Back to top Go down
Weedo The Great

Weedo The Great

PostSubject: Re: Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious.   Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 2:00 pm

Liar!
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

PostSubject: Me being the "Villain"   Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 2:06 pm

So, due to recent events, I have been declared the bad guy because our admin, 1nc, made a huge mistake. He changed the forum without informing anybody. Not a single member. He changed the forum without anyone's agreement on the matter. And I was banned for voicing my opinions and arguing against it.

For this, your beloved Brawny Hooves, will most likely not be on the forum or Chatbox anymore. Hope you enjoyed my time here. And didn't even make it to one year
Back to top Go down
1ncnspcuous
Procedures Administrator
1ncnspcuous

PostSubject: Re: Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious.   Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 2:12 pm

"He changed the forum without informing anybody. Not a single member. He changed the forum without anyone's agreement on the matter. And I was banned for voicing my opinions and arguing against it."

None of that is true. If you're going to argue, can't you at least listen in turn?
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious.   Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 2:14 pm

Well fine then. Explain yourself, and prove me wrong. I'm giving you every opportunity to respond to me
Back to top Go down
1ncnspcuous
Procedures Administrator
1ncnspcuous

PostSubject: Re: Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious.   Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 2:17 pm

I merged our topics together for your convenience. Take a minute to see my side of it, my friend.
Back to top Go down
Brainstorm

Brainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious.   Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 2:19 pm

... Seriously, is this going on everywhere? Get over it already.
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious.   Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 2:24 pm

Everypony.

Lets get to the very base of the issue. Not the disrespect that may have happen or anything personal, but the very base of the issue.

The forum appearance suddenly changed the other day.

No one was told what for or why. It could have been permanent or eternal. No real idea. Yeah, it wasn't explained well, thats our bad. I'm sorry.

Conversation and discussion occured in a forum topic. Lots of negative feedback. I admit, I myself was rather surprised with the results. I couldn't see the forum header as being permanent. But i liked the colors. I put a mental note to give an extended opinion on it the next day (today).

Now this morning I find out that everyones opinions of the forum changes have gotten personal, and have grown exponentially.

Guys guys guys....Please. We are all friends here. We all come to this forum to have fun and RP. Things like appearence and such are just secondary. And the drama that comes from it is just our own make.

No one is fighting anymore because its a change of the forum appearence. They are fighting because they are mad. I have turned off the chat box until we can all recover and take a moment to remember something. That something being that we are all here because we all just wanna hang out and RP. We all are friends and want to have fun. Lets not let something like this get in the way of that. This stuff is fixable. It can be repaired. Friendships are a lot harder to fix. So please, take a moment to step back, calm down, and then get back to our normal selves.

More will come when we all are feeling better.
Back to top Go down
Maxulus

Maxulus

PostSubject: Re: Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious.   Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 2:27 pm

I agree with Kore friendships are hard to fix me being gaffey i can never un-friend even the meanest of jerks or just anypony but others may differ all those friends and family you made could godown the drain if we continue this stuff
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious.   Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 2:29 pm

I would love for all of this to end now. But I still believe 1nc made a big mistake with not informing us about anything, which led to the horrible controversy. At the very least, give him a minor consequence. Like you said, he's a member just like us. And we've all suffered for our accidents.

Probably can't be friends with anyone anymore. Figures...
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious.   Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 2:36 pm

Brawny, you have been and always shall be my friend. I'm not losing you, any of you over this. Let us all just treat it as water under the bridge. Bad things happened, they past. Let us learn from it. Live and let live.
Back to top Go down
Maxulus

Maxulus

PostSubject: Re: Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious.   Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 2:37 pm

Wise words amber wise words indeed
Back to top Go down
Firework

Firework

PostSubject: Re: Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious.   Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 2:39 pm

Brawny. I do not begrudge you your anger, you feel slighted and put off that no one on the forum (including yourself) was informed of the changes that were happening yesterday. 1nc and I both are responsible for it, so at least direct half of it at me. And while those changes were not meant to be permanent, and definitely subject to change even if they were, I can see why you are upset.

This forum is not run as a dictatorship, nor was it ever meant to be. We always value your opinion, and I asked for it many times yesterday while we were trying out new forum appearances. And I'm glad you are letting us know how much we have hurt you now, so it can be avoided in the future.
Back to top Go down
Brainstorm

Brainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious.   Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 2:40 pm

OR... you two could stop acting high and mighty and tell each other that you're sorry. You know. "Sorry." That thing that friends feel when they hurt each other. Ring any bells?
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious.   Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 2:44 pm

Brain, at this point, I couldn't agree more. But I still feel like no justice was done. That 1nc, or anyone could easily get away with something like this if it happened again.

But if it'll make it so you guys don't want to break into my home and slit my throat while I'm sleeping, fine. I apologize 1nc. I'm sorry for turning the forum against you for what happened yesterday. I thought they were permanent changes, and they would hurt not only our reputation, but our moods and posting abilities. But it turns out that was my fault...

Once again, I'm sorry to 1nc, I'm sorry to Brainstorm, I'm sorry to Firework, Amber, Weedo, Hammy, Gaffey, and anyone else I either annoyed, offended, or turned against me in the last 24 hours
Back to top Go down
Brainstorm

Brainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious.   Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 2:48 pm

Justice isn't always about punishing mistakes. Sometimes it's about forgiving and knowing what's worth fighting for.

This, a drawing and some background coloring, this isn't worth fighting for. Especially not at the cost of your own, and others' happiness.
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious.   Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 3:02 pm

So, is this crap finally resolved? Or am I still Public Enemy #1?
Back to top Go down
Brainstorm

Brainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious.   Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 3:05 pm

You were never public enemy #1. There's a difference between being cross with you and shunning you. And it seems like we're all over it for the most part.

*goes around untwisting everyone's knickers*
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious.   Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 3:13 pm

Hands off my knickers!
Back to top Go down
Brainstorm

Brainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious.   Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 3:19 pm

(o .o){♪)
Back to top Go down
Moonlemon

Moonlemon

PostSubject: Re: Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious.   Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 4:28 pm

I hope everything is okay now. I hope there are no eternal grudges. I'm gone ONE DAY and I come back to this. I know them not telling us seems rude, and it's not just the colors and what their doing and acting as but the superior motion it's iconing, is what is making people upset. But please. I love you all. Weedo, Brawny, Gaffey, Amber, heck, even Kore, Firework, 1nc, and Brainstorm, who I do not know specifically well or personally. I know people don't want to hear this, but you have to let it pass. They ARE the admin. They can technically change anything they want. That's why there's admins. Yes, they may have discussed it with us. But perhaps they were trying it out? Perhaps not. I feel bad that 1nc went through that work to no avail, but it's true that it sparked a lot of chaos, also with other stuff.

But I don't want anyone to leave. I haven't been on for even a month, and this place already feels like home to me, a place I can relax, be myself, not be judged.
I know it may seem selfish, and I'm so so so very sorry...but...

Please don't tear apart my family.
Back to top Go down
Weedo The Great

Weedo The Great

PostSubject: Re: Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious.   Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 8:00 am

I must say one thing about this subject...How can we just act like nothing happened?. We can't just say "Let's be friends again" It's not right to allow stuff like this to pass without some sort of consequence.

I'm not the kind of guy, who can accept personal insults and pretend to be fine with it, especially when I know that the only reason why this topic exist is to show that the forum will live on, not that we are cool about what happened.

I really hope this is legit. But I can't stay here until I get an apology for having my favorite place messed up and mine and my friends on here's personal life threatened with blackmail and threatening emails from sources here just because we did not allow it to continue.

Whatever happens, I hope it's for the better.
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious.   Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 11:58 am

To clarify for everyone. The evidence of this has been submitted and is being looked over. There will be a statement on it soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious.   Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's calm ourselves before this becomes serious.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP :: Rules and Announcements :: Announcements-
Jump to: