My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lantern Light

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Candle_Glow

Candle_Glow

Location : Grounded, Be back when I can if you need me contact Switchblade

Lantern Light Empty
PostSubject: Lantern Light   Lantern Light I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 11:39 pm

Lantern Light
Lantern Light Screen13
Species:Unicorn
Mane: Shaggy Brown with Bright blue streaks
Tail: Long and shaggy, Brown with Bright blue streak
Eyes: Hazel
Body: Not overweight, yet pudgy. Not the beefiest guy around.
Cutie Mark: A lit glowing candle
Age (Baby,adult): Mid teen, around 14-15 human age.
Personality: Very eccentric and happy, though also spirtually deep and metaphorical. Makes no sense sometimes and others, is the only one who does. Friendly to most ponies, yet is afraid of making another pony angry, or just anger in general, is also afraid of storms, shots and spiders.
Likes: Talking, Laughing, plays, theater, arts, anything artsy really. Mostly however, loves to get spiritual with people.
Dislikes: Those who do not believe in how magical friendship really is. Things he cannot comprehend. Storms, anything medical. Obsessions with illogical things.
History:
Lantern grew up in the quaint town of Ponyville, always an odd-ball. As he grew, he attended school locally, and never really went out of town for much. Bullied as a young colt, he tried his best always to make others happy, and this, eventually led to the earning of his cutie mark.
Ponyville, a place constantly in chaos, was often darkened with rumors, gossip, and loneliness.
Yet Lantern shone a light in those dark times, smiling even when all things went wrong. Even though other colts hated him, he loved everypony.
This especially shone through on one specific day. Six years ago, when Lantern himself, was becoming dim.
It was a few years after his Grandfather had died. All other ponies which were involved with him in his life, left him in their dust. His parent's careers had consumed them, his friends, the few there was, seemed to ignore him.
One night, he nearly choked himself to death.
Then, the sunrise came, and with it, Celestia.
Her bold, bright, beauty shone through the darkness.
And he saw a light.
This light he greatly wished to share with other ponies, no matter what they thought of it. So, he constantly carries in his bag candles.
And whenever he finds a pony that is lost, lonely, or a little sad...
He lights one, tells them a story, and does whatever he can to reverse their gloom.
He earned his cutie mark when he saw the light.
And he's been living in it ever since.

Example RP segment: It nearly hit him in the eye, yet, he attempted to dodge it, and instead of a box to the head, he took a direct hit to cutie mark.  Lantern bent over slowly, flatly picking up the strange projectile and looking it over.
He nearly dropped it in surprise.
It was a box, shaped like a heart, wrapped in paper as blue as the streaks in his mane.
The bow was white, his favorite color.
The box only read "To Lantern Light" on the front.
Gingerly, he opened it.
Lying on top of sheets of parchment, was a poem, written in old equestrian.
Under it, were his favorite chocolates.
The poem was truly a riddle,  saying that he was more radiant than the sun, and his joy spread like fire. All entirely mushy stuff.
However, he could tell, it probably was a prank.
Walking away he threw the parcel into the trash, convinced, it was a prank. He didn't even notice, the mare a distance away, crying as he straightened his bow tie.

Last edited by Candle_Glow on Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dawn Orchard

Dawn Orchard

Lantern Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lantern Light   Lantern Light I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 12:08 am

I really like your oc Glow. However, technology has not advanced for there to be television. (though it's on one of the products of MLP) and ponies don't know about humans. Also, the TARDIS blue streaks, I don't believe are aloud. Fix those and you're golden, except that you are missing a magical word down at the bottom. His history's also on the short side, though I don't know whether it's good or not..

I'm no mod, but I'm glad to help before one arrives
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

Lantern Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lantern Light   Lantern Light I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 3:57 am

*DOCTOR WHO THEME PLAYS*
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

Lantern Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lantern Light   Lantern Light I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 8:08 am

As Dawn has pointed out, technology in the show has yet to show television and a My Little Human show does not exist, so this should be removed.

Regarding the TARDIS blue streaks, if that is just to describe the dark blue colour of the hair, that is fine. If it means Lantern's mane is somehow linked to a Time And Relative Dimension In Space then that will need to be changed. But somehow I doubt that's what you meant :P
Back to top Go down
Candle_Glow

Candle_Glow

Location : Grounded, Be back when I can if you need me contact Switchblade

Lantern Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lantern Light   Lantern Light I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 8:13 am

Fixed it, and beefed up the history ;) thank ya'll
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

Lantern Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lantern Light   Lantern Light I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 8:15 am

A little needlessly dark, but acceptable.

Your character has been approved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lantern Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lantern Light   Lantern Light I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lantern Light
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP :: Creations :: Submitted Creations :: Unicorns-
Jump to: