My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ivy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ivy-n-Friends

Ivy-n-Friends

Ivy Empty
PostSubject: Ivy   Ivy I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 3:09 pm

Ivy
Ivy Petals10

Species: Earth pony

Mane: Dark green, her bangs are parted with only a few stray hairs. It’s short and round in the back. At the end of the day it’s usually filled with twigs and dirt

Tail: Poofy, long and just barely above the ground while she’s standing

Eyes: Pink

Body: A lighter green, her nose almost always has dirt on it.

Cutie Mark: A purple spoon filled with pink flowers.

Age (Baby,adult): Adult, 35

Personality: Ivy is a down-to-earth type of pony. Though she is usually good about planning ahead and thinking practically in dire situations she tends to just jump into things without any real thought. She is dedicated to her job and her family and is also highly dependable. Also not really a giving, generous type of person to her mothers chagrin. Her mother had hoped that after living in such poor conditions she would be more sympathetic and charitable to others in the same position but it doesn’t seem to be so unfortunately. It’s the one point they seem to constantly argue on.

Likes: The smells of Everfree forest, money, her family, her job, Spring

Dislikes: Winter, begging, Manehattan, rain

History: She was born to an Earthpony mother and a Pegasi father in the poorer end of Manehattan. Her parents did their best to earn a better life for themselves and their daughter. They tried to keep hopes up and look on the brighter side of everything but Ivy was never satisfied with their life. She knew as long as they stayed there nothing would get better.

Her gloomy mood worsened when her mother became terribly ill. They were unable to afford medicine and her condition got worse by the day. Weeks later her mother had been rendered unable to leave the bed and her father had to take up a second job. It was up to Ivy to take care of the household duties. One day while heading home from the grocers she overheard a group of upper-class ponies chatting about the wonders of herbal remedies.

Hidden behind a bush she listened in on their conversation and decided that maybe that was just what her mother needed. She heard them talk of a forest in Ponyville that was filled with rare plants of all kinds, but that it was dangerous in there. Not deterred by that she rushed on home and wrote a letter for her parents. Gathering up her own savings, just enough for a round trip, she headed to Ponyville.

With some help from the locals she made her way to Everfree forest. Seeing the dark forest she was hesitant at first, but it was too late to turn away from her admittedly not all that well thought out plan. She entered into the forest and searched around. After a while she realized she didn’t quite know what she was looking for. She was about to give up hope and head back until a distinct smell caught her nose. With her snout to the ground she let her nose lead her to a patch of overgrowth at the base of a large tree. She wasn’t sure but something inside her knew that this was what her mother needed. She quickly rushed back to the train station with the plant safely in her bag and by the end of the day she was home.

She had been able to quietly sneak into the house and ground up the plant into some soup for her mother. After taking the medicine her mother began to show signs of recovery. Despite their anger that she had decided to run off like that they were happy and thankful as well.

They mentioned to her that it seemed she had something else to be happy about and pointed to her flank, which now showed a purple spoon, filled with flowers. She was grounded for the week but that did not dampen her mood in the slightest. She spent that week prancing about showing off her cutie mark to anyone whose attention she could hold for more than two seconds.

Upon reaching adulthood she returned to Ponyville again, this time permanently and with her parents in tow. She opened up her own Apothecary just outside of Everfree. Today she runs her business and provides for her elderly mother, her father having died of old age just a couple years ago.

Example RP segment: (Refer to post below) 4. Your OC is framed by a robber who plants his weapon on him/her. A Guardpony threatens to take your OC into custody. Given your OC’s personality, compose a brief narrative in which your OC identifies and addresses the situation.

Ivy’s eyes widened in shock, “Excuse me?” She screeched incredulously. She had been walking home, just a normal happy little day. But of course that couldn’t last long now could it. First she got slammed to the ground by a large blur she believed to be another pony, then she was stopped and frisked and now she’s been caught with a weapon she’s never owned or even seen before.

The Guardpony towered over her staring down, he spoke in the most annoying, condescending tone she had ever heard, “There was a robbery...A victim was stabbed…and here you are with a bloody knife. But I’m sure you have a good explanation don’tcha”

This was turning out to be a great day wasn’t it, how was she going to explain the knife? She didn’t even know how it got there. Then she remembered, the large pony that had slammed into her. “There was another pony running from this direction, they ran into me. They must have planted the knife or-” She was interrupted then, “So you were framed is what you’re saying. Well miss, it’s not like I don’t hear that everyday. I’m going to have to take you in”

She spent that night in jail, the next morning they brought in the victim; poor guy was terrified and roughed up big time. After a line up where he evidently told them that the pony responsible wasn’t there she was finally let go. She made her way home, grumbling, to a worried mother and a group of impatient customers.

[Acceptance]

Last edited by Ivy-n-Friends on Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

Ivy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ivy   Ivy I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 3:18 pm

Welcome to the site :)

Your OC is looking good. You just need to watch your grammar, so check for areas needing full stops and spaces, and break your text up into paragraphs, especially speech.
Back to top Go down
Ivy-n-Friends

Ivy-n-Friends

Ivy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ivy   Ivy I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 3:48 pm

Alright, I hope that's better
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

Ivy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ivy   Ivy I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 5:13 pm

Indeed, that is better. Now it's not just a wall of text :P

Your character has been approved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ivy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ivy   Ivy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ivy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP :: Creations :: Submitted Creations :: Earth Ponies-
Jump to: