My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A little something I realised while at work one day.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Blind Side

Blind Side

A little something I realised while at work one day. Empty
PostSubject: A little something I realised while at work one day.   A little something I realised while at work one day. I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 4:44 am

A few days ago, I managed to get Pinkie's Lament and Cheese's confession onto my computer, and subsequently onto a CD for the car. Well, I was listening to Cheese's confession on my way to work one day, and I suddenly realized just how relevant it is to my experience here. If you're not familiar with the song, Here you go:

ok, Now, how is this relevant? Well, I'll lay it out part by part.

"I fear I told a little fib about my pony past, I hope that when you hear the truth, you will not be aghast. I wasn't quite the super party pony like I claimed, The fact is that I was so shy, nopony knew my name."

Yes, this part is pretty accurate for me. When I first joined, I may have made it seem to a few here at the time that I was more popular than I really was. Granted, it wasn't that big a deal, but it was to the point that a few literally thought I was mute. I always had a really hard time making friends. After school, I lost touch with a lot of them. not out of disinterest, but because I wasn't sure about what came next. a few years later, and I haven't spoken a word to about 95% of them. it's true.

"I stumbled into Ponyville one afternoon, by chance, and found the biggest ever celebration party dance. Everything was perfect, cheer was filling up the place! And I saw that everypony had a smile upon their face!"

Again, pretty accurate. I stumbled across this forum by chance one day when I decided to randomly google search a place to RP for maybe a month or two to kill some time. This forum was part of a pretty big list of forums. The fact I clicked on this one was by chance alone. when I first joined, it was wonderful! everyone was happy! everyone was friends! I was amazed that such a place could exist on the internet. It convinced me to face my shyness for at least a little bit and get on the chatbox and say hi.

"I vowed that day to change my life, the past I did set free! For now, Cheese Sandwich was a party pony full of glee! A super-duper party pony, that's what I became! I traveled all Equestria, and all did know my name!"

once again, accurate. The fact that everyone here was so friendly, so happy, and so accepting, it inspired me to work at letting go of who I was back then and calm down. I explored the forum, got to know more and more people, and eventually worked my way up to admin. a year and a half later, I'm still here and I have friends that are irreplaceable. I owe who I am today to this forum and everyone here!

"But that never would have happened on my own, I'll tell you why. For the one who threw that party, it was you, Pinkie Pie"

accurate on multiple levels. I owe who I am today to this forum and everyone on it. without you guys, I wouldn't have ever worked up the courage to face going back to school, or taking on a full time job, and especially changing how I identify myself. All of you have made a drastic difference in my life that I can't even begin to show my appreciation for. The second way this is relevant for me is that the very first episode I watched of MLP was "Feeling Pinkie Keen". If I hadn't watched that episode, I wouldn't be here. You could say Pinkie's enthusiasm towards life and just about everything helped me stay positive.

Seriously, Thank you. Everyone reading this, Thank you from the bottom of my heart. If I hadn't met you all, I don't know where I would be or what I would have done with myself. All of you hold a very special place in my heart, and I really don't want to know what kind of person I could have been if not for you all.

Last edited by Blind Side on Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: A little something I realised while at work one day.   A little something I realised while at work one day. I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 4:48 am

Wow. I actually feel touched by this. Im happy to have helped be a part of that. Its funny how things that seem so little can have a big impact on our lives. Im really happy for you.

As for me, well Im like Shala, cause she is....well she....Uhhh...She likes to....ummm...She likes to be happy! Wooo!
Back to top Go down
Doodle Bug

Doodle Bug

PostSubject: Re: A little something I realised while at work one day.   A little something I realised while at work one day. I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 4:52 am

Yaay Blind!! I've also had a rough and tumble life before I came here... (I won't get into it now) but I'm so glad we all could be a part of helping you out on your journey to success! "Aim high and hope for the best!"
Back to top Go down
Blind Side

Blind Side

PostSubject: Re: A little something I realised while at work one day.   A little something I realised while at work one day. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 4:27 pm

I'm bumping this because I got to thinking. I've been away from this wonderful place for a LONG time. to some, it could come across as not caring anymore. Well, I just wanted to say that I haven't forgotten about this place and everyone here. This place really changed my life, and I am still really appreciative of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little something I realised while at work one day.   A little something I realised while at work one day. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A little something I realised while at work one day.
Page 1 of 1