My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Slyph Gongjiang

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DeSantaLives

DeSantaLives

Slyph Gongjiang  Empty
PostSubject: Slyph Gongjiang    Slyph Gongjiang  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 7:51 pm

Slyph Gongjiang

Slyph Gongjiang  Screen35

Species:Unicorn

Mane: Shaved short in the back his straight purple/black mane falls down his face in long bangs that tend to get in his eyes.

Tail:Long for a stallion, snakes behind him like a ribbon through the air. Clean but not well maintained.

Eyes: Almond-shaped like his mother's side of the family.

Body: White, with the subtlest hint of blue. He is particularly lithe, and although he isn't strong he can be quite quick and dexterous. He looks younger than his age.

Cutie Mark: Three spirals that swirl into each other, symbolic of slyph's affinity for controlling air, gusts, and his fascination with weather.

Age (Baby,adult): 16 years

Personality: Slyph is, on the outside, a typical academic. A skilled student, he is at first quiet, reserved, and shy, due to a crippling social anxiety he has. Underneath his insecurity and fear of others, he is passionate and fiery in his yearning for freedom: Freedom from the expectations his father sets on him, freedom from the societal norms that he is expected to follow. In his pursuit of freedom, Slyph gravitates to his childhood heroes, Criminals. While against the order society places on others, he doesn't believe in violence or complete anarchy. After all, who would chase after the good guys after their heists?

Likes:feeling the wind through his mane. Standing outside in the rain. Storms. The prospect of danger, Pirates, Adventure. He is an avid reader, particularly enjoying Stories about Gentlemare/stallion thieves (Robin Hood, Lupony III, Aladdin, ect.). Playing board games, especially Chinese checkers and Risk. He adores Calico Blastsides to an almost fan-filly-ish degree, likening her to a character out of his beloved books.

Dislikes: overcast days. Hot, humid weather, He has a deep rooted resentment of the government, especially the school system and the guard. He is very uncomfortable being the centre of attention (despite wanting to be as theatrical and heroic).

History:Slyph Gongjiang was born to a middle-class family living in a suburb of Canterlot:Sylphs' parents were a weather guard, and a woodcutter. His mother, the woodcutter, was a unicorn from the city of Shainghoof to the east of Equestria. His Pegasus father, a native of equestria.

As a child, Slyph was mostly alone in school, and wouldn't have it any other way. He was a voracious reader and what friends he did make were distant and not close. While a bookworm, he also was quite the explorer; He would climb and crawl and canter all about his small town.

He got his cutie mark after a particularly perilous climb up the mountain bordering his town during a a foggy day. He climbed so high that he was directly over a low fog bank, with winds whipping at his face. The wind nearly made him fall off his perch. He was astounded, exhilarated, and blissful. He was so enraptured by the the power of nature, that he accidently fell from his very high perch. Instead of falling to his death, he bounced upon the clouds, having instinctively cast a spell of cloud-walking.

He showed great aptitude for all weather based magic: able to conjure gusts of air, create small clouds, and with great concentration and effort, could even cause rain. He was tested for Celestia's school for gifted unicorns, but was rejected due to being unable to pass the entrance exam. The only spell he could muster outside of his powers over weather was a very limited telekinesis.

Meanwhile: his mother and grand parents (on his mothers side) were both thrilled at his abilities, fancy school or no. His father, however, made it a goal to ensure his son's success. He pressured a young Slyph to pursue a career in magical studies, Something Slyph had no interest in.

After graduating middles school at the top of his class, he was accepted to a prominent school in Manehattan to appease his father.with his grandparents, who lived in Manehattan. He was fascinated with their stories of the Orient, and when he wasn't studying or being harassed by his father, he would spend it learning more about a culture he never was apart of. Thus started his fascination with Gentlecolt thieves, particular pirates.

Mares and Stallions with complete freedom, nothing but the sea and the wind. Directed by nothing but their own codes of honor, Slyph wished to be as strong-willed, skilled, and carefree as the heroes he read about.

During a chance encounte, he briefly witnessed The pirate Calico Blastsides take on and successfully outwit a handful of guards ponies, and instantly became obsessed with This mare who seemed to be a character straight out of his books.

To this day he still goes to school in Manhattan, but regularly makes trips to Canterlot to visit family and Ponyville on field trips to study the erratic weather patterns of the Everfree. He'd never admit it, but should he meet that pirate again, he wouldn't hesitate to drop everything to join her.

Example RP segment:

Slyph entered the establishment thoroughly soaked, sporting a grin a mile wide. The young colt trotted up to the bar and sat down, letting out a quiet sigh of contentment.

"Ey, where's your parents, kid?" The bartender condescended. "Ya look a little underaged."

Slyph blinked, then looked around his surroundings for the first time. "O-oh... Sorry I... J-just thought, I could... uh could get some tea... Tea? Please?" As he talked, his stammering got worse and he grew quieter and quieter.

The bartender barely heard him, and blinked a few times before fully comprehending what he said. "Aw geez kid. We ain't supposed t' serve minors anything." She hunkered down. "So... you get your tea then get outa here. Whadya want: we got earl gray, Green tea ginger lemon, an hibiscus."

Slyph nodded gratefully, stammering out an apology "Green."

He was led out of the restaraunt with a small paper cup. He sat out in the rain in front of the dive bar and drank his tea while it was hot. He conjured a few gusta to cool his tea, and took a long sip, and enjoyed the feel of the wind and rain on his face.

Acceptance.

Last edited by DeSantaLives on Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Doodle Bug

Doodle Bug

Slyph Gongjiang  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slyph Gongjiang    Slyph Gongjiang  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 8:23 pm

The picture doesn't seem to want to work for me. :/ And depending on how strong the gusts of air he shoots out are, I would limit it.

But other than that, Approved!
Back to top Go down
DeSantaLives

DeSantaLives

Slyph Gongjiang  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slyph Gongjiang    Slyph Gongjiang  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 1:58 am

Thank you!

I got a little frusterated with the image thingy so I just uploaded a picture to imgur and posted a URL.

In respects to his magic, its a matter of the area he effects, the smaller the area he's targeting, the stronger the gust he can make. the strongest he can do would feel like a punch, and maybe could leave a small bruise, provided he aims well (probably be about the area of a quarter). Is that too much? I would be open to limiting it, if need be.
Back to top Go down
Doodle Bug

Doodle Bug

Slyph Gongjiang  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slyph Gongjiang    Slyph Gongjiang  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 4:43 pm

Fixed it for ya! Ah, I understand about the power!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Slyph Gongjiang  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slyph Gongjiang    Slyph Gongjiang  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slyph Gongjiang
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP :: Creations :: Submitted Creations :: Unicorns-
Jump to: