My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Thought Flare

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thought Flare

Thought Flare

Thought Flare Empty
PostSubject: Thought Flare   Thought Flare I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 11:53 am

Thought Flare
Thought Flare EnnJIoC
Species: Unicorn
Mane: Short, Grey
Tail: Short, Grey
Eyes: Right is Green, left is all white, missing a pupil&retina
Body:Dark grey fur
Cutie Mark:None
Age (Baby,adult):13
Personality:
Thought Flare doesn't deliberately seek to be left alone, he simply prefers not to bother others with his presence. Not that he finds himself bothersome, he just doesn't enjoy typical small talk others usually engage.

With a mind lost in thought, he rarely speaks, if only with short sentences. But should he have the desire to speak his mind, the floodgates will open and a torrent of words will drown everypony's ears.

His mind rushes with ideas, constantly thinking, he can seem like he's in his own world at times. But he doesn't switch from one subject to another randomly. He explores all he can about one subject at a time. In class he listens to every word, soaking it all up, and does his best to understand it all on the spot. Same for conversations : he'll listen to everything, but say little. He may be stoic at times, but that's only because he wants to make sure he truly understands the situation before reacting.

Dislikes: rudeness, disrespect, his blind side.

History: Thought Flare was in an orphanage since his first day,  as in, first hours of his life. Mother died at his birth, father, well, just wasn't there, never knew him, never wanted to know him.  He was born with the bad left eye, a simple lack of a pupil and retina. To avoid spooking out others with a white eyeball, he hides it under a green headband, matching he right eye's color.  Because of his blind side, he was bullied, but given his often stoic reaction, they just stopped messing with him after a while. His lifetime spent in the orphanage was quiet and peaceful. He likes to kick a hoofball on the wall and tried playing it for real, but a blind side really is not at all helpful in real life games. He has a roomate in the orphanage, perhaps the only pony, other than the nurse, that cares about him. He appreciates her, since she respects his silence and doesn't bother him when he's reading. In exchange, he listened to her talk endlessly when he wasn't reading. And sometimes they just stayed quiet and watched the other children play on the playground, or played tag together. Others didn't want to play tag with Thought Flare, or play with him. They found him weird. He drifted through the years. Never going out of his comfort zone more than he had to, never reaching great heights of excitement, nor getting any lows of depression. After seeing how other unicorns wanted to become the best magic wielder, or best at whatever else they wanted, He chose to not blindly set a long term goal, since often, those dreams were crushed.  He didn't know himself too well yet, and like his own personal golden rule goes : if you can't be sure, don't.

Saying that he drifted through the years is a romantic way of saying he killed time. Sure he horsed around in the nearby park, but it was nothing compared to the time he spent in his room, in the cafeteria, in the playground, thinking deeply about everything. Heck, ponies got a cutie mark, left and right of him, and some teased him by calling him a blank flank. But he couldn't care less, he wasn't sure what was his special talent because he didn't do anything that really interested him. Magic causes him to lose consciousness, hoofball is fun, but only when playing with a wall, and when he talks, others regret and become awkward around him because they pushed him to speak up.  Teachers were worried about him, seeing how he was the least emotional one of the bunch, they wondered if he was secretly depressed about not having a cutie mark. After having received a torrent of propositions, like Skydiving, magic using, running, hoofball playing, drawing, writing... It frustrated Thought Flare so much he Angrily brought forth his true frustration, something he himself wasn't aware of. His words spoke, and they were as hot as fresh bread from an oven, since they were fresh ideas, that just popped in his mind. "HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET A CUTIE MARK WHEN IM TRAPPED IN THIS BUILDING? IF YOU WANT ME TO GET A CUTIE MARK SO BAD, SEND ME OUT IN THE WORLD, THAT'S WHERE IT IS!"    

Realizing what he said, and how true it was, how good he felt saying it, he checked his flank... it was still blank. But he knew he was in the right direction.  His life so far was too bland. He read books of grand adventures that always ended well, heck that was the only thing in the orphanage, other than class books. after 13 years of thinking, he's finally ready to get to doing things. He wanted his own adventure  Just out of nowhere, he thought about His roomate, she was like a sister to him, or so he liked to think. She was 10, and also a blank flank, perhaps she too would enjoy coming outside with him?  For now only he was given permission to roam around Canterlot on his own.

Example RP segment: 1. A foal has lost its mother and is [crying very loudly] inconsolably in the [park] . Given your OC’s personality, compose a brief narrative in which your OC identifies and addresses the situation.

(*clears throat*)

First day outside of the Canterlot orphanage on his own. It was sunny, warm, with a nice breeze that carried the amazing scent of fresh cookies from the nearby bakery.  Thought Flare walked down the street, passing many , taller, older and more colourful ponies. Conscious about his blind left side, he passed through the crowd, heading for the park he liked to play in in his younger years.  He didn't feel like he belonged within this crowd, everypony around were adults, and he was way too used to being amongst youngsters in the orphanage, where adults were a minority. To his relief, the park had some youngsters, younger than him, playing around in it. Adults supervising them. Seemed like there was one adult per child, perhaps they were parents? He would find out soon enough. Claiming a swing's wooden bench for himself, he swung back and forth for his own entertainment .

50 swings later, some squeaky crying rang through the air. That caught Thought Flare off guard, so when he tried to halt the swing to see the source of such noises, he flopped clumsily onto the sand. The cries died down as he stood and spat out sand. The one green eye locking on the loud creature, some foal, right outside the playground, sitting on the grass  was staring at him, eyes tearing, chest sobing, most likely thinking that it's shrieking caused his tumble, and was stunned by the idea.  Thought didn't really want to go to the little one, but he was convinced that if he didn't, the screams will resume. plopping his rump on the ground next to the gazing foal, the 13 year old one-eyed colt gazed back. An awkward silence was broken by Thought  with a question. "What's wrong?"   the reply was quick. "I lost mommy"  said a high-pitched voice that was the foal's, and the flow of tears and screams resumed.  Flinching, not having expected such a squeaky voice, he asked another question, loud enough to be heard through the jungle of cries.  "WHERE DID YOU SEE IT LAST?"

It took a few clicks for Thought Flare to realize that the foal lost a parent, it's caretaker, not some object. But the foal thought about it, stopping the cries, looking around slowly. Out of nowhere, she squeaked in joy. "MOMMY!"  A mare, holding an ice cream cone with magic approached from the left. Her sweet voice invading Thought's ears. "I'm back pumpkin! Told you I wouldn't be long! I see you made a new friend?" she was looking at Thought Flare... who froze up... She was on his left side, so he couldn't see her. But he didn't dare to turn to look. His mind had him frozen. Friend? he was no friend. He just talked to the foal to make the screams stop... Confused, he stood and delivered a pitiful excuse. "I-um. I gotta go."  With a fast trot, he rushed back to the orphanage.

[  "Acceptance"  ]

Last edited by Thought Flare on Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:09 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : fixed filly thing and one error)
Back to top Go down
Doodle Bug

Doodle Bug

Thought Flare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Flare   Thought Flare I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 5:27 pm

Hili and welcome welcome welcome to our forum :D :D!! *Shoots massive amounts of confetti into the air as well as cake*! I'm your friendly neighborhood Admin, Doodle Bug and I'll happily look over your Application! ^_^

It looks good but the history is lacking in detail! You could mention what his parents were like and how he felt about them or any siblings he had as well as how he became blind in one eye! You could mention other foals at school or how they treated him, his idols in life, and a little bit about where he grew up. Was it hard living there? Easy? I understand he doesn't have his cutie mark yet, but you could also mention what he liked to do or what he tried to do to get it if he did try. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Thought Flare

Thought Flare

Thought Flare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Flare   Thought Flare I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 9:52 pm

More history? There ya go :3

And um... thanks for wishing me a good day on your signature... Is it an automated thing that changes the name  for the one of whoever is looking at it, or did you legit put my name there? either way, makes me feel special ^///^
Back to top Go down
Doodle Bug

Doodle Bug

Thought Flare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Flare   Thought Flare I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 3:00 pm

Oh wow, that is definitely an improvement :D and you're very welcome! ^^ Yeah, it is automated for whoever views it with the code {USERNAME } without the last space ^^

I see some errors by the whole 'filly' thing. A filly is a baby girl horse while a colt is male and a foal is both! And in the first few sentences in your history, you put 'massing with him' instead of 'messing with him'.

I apologize for responding to this so late >.<
Back to top Go down
Thought Flare

Thought Flare

Thought Flare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Flare   Thought Flare I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 9:12 am

I never actually knew the difference, of filly/colt, i just thought that filly was like, 4-9 year old ponies, and colt was just a specific for 10+ aged males, and that some other shady term would be used for females. Thanks for clearing that up for me! ^^
Back to top Go down
Doodle Bug

Doodle Bug

Thought Flare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Flare   Thought Flare I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 6:16 pm

No problem ^^ Your app has been approved! Enjoy! We'd love to get to know you more ^^ If you want, you can join the chat on either the lower right side of your screen or the home page at the very bottom!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thought Flare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Flare   Thought Flare I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thought Flare
Page 1 of 1