My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

One Hoof at a Time

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ShadowFall

ShadowFall

One Hoof at a Time Empty
PostSubject: One Hoof at a Time   One Hoof at a Time I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 9:01 pm

ShadowFall took a deep breath and checked her saddlebags one more time. StarFall, her mother, had already gone over them several times with her, but it never hurt to be sure. It was all there. Her favorite books, clothes, keepsakes, pictures of her family and small purse of bits. Everypony has to leave home someday, she thought to herself, today is my day.

She could have stayed home longer, but she was feeling the need to press out on her own. Her family was lovely, but they had their own lives and she had hers. She wondered where she would go. Cloudsdale was nice, though she wasn't sure she wanted to live there. Maybe she would start by paying it a visit. It was the only town she'd been too before. Lost in thought, ShadowFall wasn't really watching where she was going until she slammed into something.

"Oh dear," she moaned as her things scattered over the street. "I'm sorry," she went on softly, trying to pick everything up before it tripped somepony.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

Location : A little pocket universe after almost destroying the old one.

One Hoof at a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Hoof at a Time   One Hoof at a Time I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:37 am

"Ah..."

Elegance held her breath to stop her from swearing at her broken jar of zebra stardust. Thank Celestia that she had more, but to lose such a large quantity on an accident was tragic. Already it was floating in the air forming a sparkly mist that was wasted in daylight. Even more irritating was the fact that it was the only thing that seemed to have broken. This was really rather irritating.

But lashing out in anger would definitely not do, especially in public. It was best to simply pick up the pieces and move on. Though the stardust was gone, there were other things of importance she needed to retrieve. The design prints for the Midnight Palace were of top priority to be examined by the Lunar Princess herself (yet again). Winter was almost over, and the construction of the most ambitious project in this generation was about to begin. It would not do to have it lost in a pile of miscellaneous items.

"Nevermind, nevermind," she said hurriedly, before muttering, "Where is it, where is it...?"
Back to top Go down
ShadowFall

ShadowFall

One Hoof at a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Hoof at a Time   One Hoof at a Time I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 6:05 pm

"Oh no," Shadowfall looked truly crestfallen. Her clumsiness had ruined someone's jar. She watched the sparkly mist float away. It was such lovely mist, though she was sure it's owner would prefer it in the jar. A small part of her mind wondered if she could find a way to make mist sparkle, but she had bigger problems.

Shadowfall bowed her head sadly in apology. "I'm so sorry," she told the unicorn. "I could try and replace it?" She wondered how expensive it was. She would hate to have to go back to her parents so soon. Then she realized the ground was still littered with things and the unicorn seemed to be looking for something? "Can I help?" she asked tentatively. She moved to collect more of her own things into a careful pile. At least it would be less to hunt through.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

One Hoof at a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Hoof at a Time   One Hoof at a Time I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:10 pm

"Zebra stardust? No, I fear no money would be able to purchase it without significant political pull," Elegance replied, still sorting out her possessions, "There are some things money cannot buy, after all."

Lifting a book off a scroll revealed what the noble pony was looking for. A general outline of a grand building, fit for a princess was there. "A-ha."

She looked over it and it's lovingly inscribed details, annotations surrounding the various viewsof the palace. Most important of all, it had the royal seal stamped on it. Swiftly rolling it up, Elegance took a good hard look at the pony who had bumped into her and was relatively surprised to see an unadorned pegasus.

"What is your name, pegasus?"
Back to top Go down
ShadowFall

ShadowFall

One Hoof at a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Hoof at a Time   One Hoof at a Time I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:03 pm

ShadowFall's ears drooped a little. She wasn't making a very good start on her first day away from home. At least the other pony had found what she was looking for. ShadowFall checked over her things and started to repack them carefully in her bags. She nearly jumped when the unicorn addressed her again. Oh dear, how could she have been so rude as to not introduce herself, ShadowFall thought.

"It's ShadowFall," she answered with a shy smile. "And I really do apologize. I wasn't paying enough attention. Is there anything I can do to make up for it?"
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

One Hoof at a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Hoof at a Time   One Hoof at a Time I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:32 pm

Elegance cast an appraising look over the pegasus. "You were the pegasus child of the astrologers, am I correct? I have heard a bit about your family, and your brother..." She tilted her head. "Was entirely much too forward for my liking."

Repacking her own bags, Elegance continued, "I am Elegance of the Design family, and I am undertaking a major project for Princess Luna herself in the near future. Astrologers like your parents would be greatly appreciated for their expertise. You see, the roof of the proposed Midnight Palace will try to emulate a clear night sky, changing as the months and even years change. The Princess of course will give the final okay, but obviously she can't be always at hoof."

A pause, then. "Please forgive me, but your cutie mark also suggests a talent that the project might be able to use. May I ask what your calling is?"
Back to top Go down
ShadowFall

ShadowFall

One Hoof at a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Hoof at a Time   One Hoof at a Time I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:57 pm

ShadowFall wondered if she would ever been known for anything besides being born a pegasus. Still, it wasn't like she wasn't proud of her family, though the comment about her brother made her giggle a little. "That's right," she confirmed. "And he can be a little...forward." Not with her of course, but she'd seen him with other fillies before.

ShadowFall nodded as Elegance continued. She'd heard of her family and the marvelous work they did. To work for the Princesses themselves must be wonderful. The project certainly sounded like something her parents would love to see. "It sounds beautiful," Shadowfall murmured wistfully. "I'm sure my parents would love to help, I could ask them."

Blinking a little at the change of subject, she gave a small shake of her head. "Oh, I like making mist and fog. It looks best a night," she explained softly. It wasn't all that useful for a project that involved stars and building, but it was nice of Elegance to ask.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

One Hoof at a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Hoof at a Time   One Hoof at a Time I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:44 am

"Mist and fog..." Elegance thought, "Hmm...no, I still have enough dust for my purposes." She looked at the many items that ShadowFall was carrying. "Oh, are you travelling? Where to, if I might ask?"

(Bleh. Sorry for the shortness, can't think of anything now.)
Back to top Go down
ShadowFall

ShadowFall

One Hoof at a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Hoof at a Time   One Hoof at a Time I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:13 am

ShadowFall wasn't too surprised. She liked her talent, but it didn't seem to be called for all that much. She secured her saddlebags back in place and nodded. "Yes, just...around," she said vaguely. She really aught to have more of a plan, but she didn't know much about Equestria outside Canterlot. It might be nice to see some more of it some day. "Maybe Cloudsdale," she added as an afterthought.

"How long will it take? The Midnight Palace?" she asked partly to change the subject, but also because she thought she might like to see it someday. That was if it was a public building.
Back to top Go down
Golden Bolt

Golden Bolt

One Hoof at a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Hoof at a Time   One Hoof at a Time I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 6:17 pm

((Mind if I join in? If you don't want me to partake just ignore this post))

Overhead Golden was busy rustling up a few loose clouds over Canterlot and was about to return them back to Cloudsdale for processing. A system of cleaning, re-hydrating and re-fluffing. But the pegasi before Golden had made a mistake with these clouds and had left them over Canterlot without caring to bring them together or causing them to rain. Golden made a mental note to find the lazy pegasi when he returned to Cloudsdale. After a few more moments of struggle Golden managed to bring all the clouds together. But they were still light and fluffly. Golden huffed. This wasn't what he was meant to be doing, but he'd do it anyway. So long as it meant the offending pegasi wouldn't get into too much trouble. Golden gave a heavy flap of his giant wings and pulled his head back in order to loop. Which worked perfectly. He came full circle and planted all four hoofs right into the top of the family of clouds with a mighty 'Thud'. Immediately there was a bright flash followed massive thunder clap.

"Oh Celestia...."

Moaned Golden, he'd forgoten that older clouds were more prone to lightning and thunder... as well as creating deluges! Golden quickly raced around the side of the cloud to see his fears confirmed.

"Oh Celestia."

Underneath the cloud all the water that was stored inside of it was falling out at the same time. As if the cloud had been ripped open. Golden glanced down to were the rain was falling towards. Luckily most of it would fall on the main road of Canterlot and not cause to much damage to any buildings, but right in the middle of the street were two ponies. Golden immediately folded his wings into his body and raced back towards the ground, arming his 'I'm so sorry.' face while he fell in an attempt to beat the falling rain.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

One Hoof at a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Hoof at a Time   One Hoof at a Time I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:26 pm

"Oh, a very long while, at least," Elegance said airily, as if the fact didn't bother her at all, "It all depends on the process of construction, and whether improvements can be made in this ever changing world. Could be five years, could be a lifetime. I might not be able to see it finish, Celestia and Luna forbid!" She laughed. "But in all honesty, I figure it should be nearing completion in a dec-"

This was the point when the lightning struck. Elegance's proud expression slowly morphed under the rain into a mask of anger as she glared skyward. Her glare focused on a rapidly descending pegasus, and she let politeness to the side as she shouted;

"What in the name of Equestria do you think you are doing? Rain has most definitely not been scheduled in Canterlot for today, you airheaded incompetent! Buildings might have been damaged and ponies might have been hurt by your foolish actions!" The fact that she was now being drenched only further incensed her anger. "Was your mind so in the clouds that you forgot that and decided to screw about? You are so lucky that you didn't stuff up a few seconds before, otherwise my designs would have been wrecked and you would have been in... in..."

Elegance took a deep breath.

"...royal trouble!"
Back to top Go down
ShadowFall

ShadowFall

One Hoof at a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Hoof at a Time   One Hoof at a Time I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 1:06 am

ShadowFall nodded as Elegance spoke. It made sense that a building such as that wouldn't be finished so easily. Yet to think that it might take more than a lifetime was amazing. She was about to say that she truly hoped it wouldn't take that long, when a loud thunder crack interrupted Elegance. ShadowFall nearly jumped into the air and had to catch herself with her wings to keep from falling over. She couldn't remember any storms scheduled for today.

Glancing up, she squeaked as now rain cascaded on top of their heads. She was certain that a downpour hadn't been in the forecast today, what was wrong? Elegance was already shouting at somepony and ShadowFall blinked rain out of her eyes to see. The golden pegasus Elegance was yelling at looked familiar. Maybe one of her friends from Flight Camp, it was hard to tell through the water. She shook some of the water out of her main, looking sympathetically at them both. She was sorry Elegance was all wet, but she felt sorry for the pegasus too.
Back to top Go down
Golden Bolt

Golden Bolt

One Hoof at a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Hoof at a Time   One Hoof at a Time I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 2:49 pm

"Oh Celestia, oh Celestia, oh Celestia."

Chanted Golden as he neared the two wet ponies. It was obvious he was in trouble. The smaller blue pony was throwing a string of insults his way. But the other grey pony seemed to look at him with an apologetic look. Maybe she was sorry for what was about to happen to Golden, but he couldn't tell. Soon Golden was on the ground apologizing profusely to the two ponies.

"I'm so sorry, you see the clouds had been left unattended and I thought that the rain was needed..."

Golden began but soon felt that a pony make a better a excuse with alphabet soup. So he stopped trying to explain and just accepted the fact that he was in deed in a lot of trouble.

"You know what how about I make it up to you two. I know a place near by that has some amazing hay. Some of the sweetest you've ever tasted. What do you say? I'll buy you lunch and then we can call it even?"
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

One Hoof at a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Hoof at a Time   One Hoof at a Time I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 6:19 am

Elegance gave Bolt a long, hard, stare. "Do you think you can cover your failures through simple bribery? Typical Cloudsdalian," she raised her nose in pure snobbishness, "Well, I suppose it would have to do to compensate. This had better be good, though, or your reputation in this town will be seriously damaged."

She was really upset at being drenched by the impromptu rainfall, not only because her Canterlot dress was ruined (a gift, designed by that pony who lived in Ponyville) but because of the general mistake. A screw-up that should not have happened, lest the system of things slows down or, Goddesses forbid, ponies get hurt. The offending pony didn't have the decency to fully explain his actions before resorting to trying to appease his error through a meal. For now, Elegance would accept, but the hay had better be really, really good.

"By the way, if you are going to host us," Elegance added, looking over Bolt with a critical eye, "You should state you are, pegasus. I would have expected you to do that before inviting us, but it seems such expectations are beyond a pony such as you."
Back to top Go down
ShadowFall

ShadowFall

One Hoof at a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Hoof at a Time   One Hoof at a Time I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 8:50 pm

"I wouldn't mind," ShadowFall offered quietly. She could understand why Elegance was angry, but she still thought it would be better if they could get along. Besides, the golden pegasus reminded her of one of the colts from camp in Cloudsdale. She turned to make sure her things were alright. Some of her outfits were wet, but most of her other things were safe in her bags. "I'm ShadowFall," she added helpfully.
Back to top Go down
Golden Bolt

Golden Bolt

One Hoof at a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Hoof at a Time   One Hoof at a Time I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 5:46 pm

Golden nodded smiled and nodded again, there was no need to open his mouth and say something incredibly stupid that might turn a bad situation worse, but this unicorn was making sure that even a simple task such as that was going to be difficult. So he stuck with basic language in an attempt to narrow the chance of him slipping up and saying something he would regret.

"Golden Bolt and again I'm really sorry."

Golden looked at the grey pegusais bag it was wet, very wet, but it looked like it had protected most of the things inside. The unicorn on the other hand, had suffered from a case of runied dress, Luckily, Golden thought, it wouldn't be to hard to replace. He smiled again hoping the unicorn would be as calm as the grey pegusus. Golden looked her in the eyes, they seemed familiar, like he had looked into them many times before. He just couldn't remember where.

"Right, well like I said earlier I know a place that has the best tasting hay you've ever had. Its on the corner of second street and Glass avenue. Its called Luna's moon. I'll book a table so long and meet you there at two o'clock?"

Golden gave a smile, quickly looking past the two ponies to a clock hangning in a near by shop window. It showed twelve Thirty (12:30) That meant Golden had enough time to ask for that favour the one waiter owed him and get the right table. Golden hopped the resturant would appeal to the offended unicorn and familiar grey pegasus. Golden knew who the grey pegasus was, she had said her name was ShadowFall and he knew he remembered it from somewhere, just where? and more importantly why where here eyes the thing he remember most? It was rather puzzling for Golden, he was tempted to ask, but decided against it. So he gave her a warm smile.

"Sound good to you?"
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

One Hoof at a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Hoof at a Time   One Hoof at a Time I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 5:03 am

"Very well," Elegance huffed, "Those terms are acceptable."

She was not going to say that she hadn't eaten at the particular venue on the off chance that it was of a higher class than she expected. She didn't really eat out, only dining at acquaintances' and at home. On the other hand, she also did not voice her suspicions that this 'Luna's Moon' was a cheap and nasty venue coasting off the novelty of Luna's return. The address did sound familiar, though....

"Of course, all I have is your word as a gentlecolt that you won't retract your offer," she continued, "And sincerely hope that you are a pony of your word. For your sake." Her drenched expression had not softened a bit, and she was far too angry to observe the strange looks the two pegasi were giving each other. Even if she had, she probably wouldn't have cared.

"And if if you are even thinking of doing such a reprehensible act," she said, voice getting softer, "Know that I am Elegance of the Noble Design family, and such actions will have consequences that are so very dire."
Back to top Go down
ShadowFall

ShadowFall

One Hoof at a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Hoof at a Time   One Hoof at a Time I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 8:23 pm

ShadowFall smiled, pleased that Elegance seemed to agree with this idea. It sounded like fun and two o'clock gave her enough time to dry off and clean up. She remembered the name now too. Golden Bolt had been one of the colts from Cloudsdale, she was sure of it. It was good to see him doing so well, even if she got wet for it. She didn't know the shop either, but she didn't go out much anymore.

"It's fine with me," she agreed willingly.
Back to top Go down
Golden Bolt

Golden Bolt

One Hoof at a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Hoof at a Time   One Hoof at a Time I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 2:40 pm

"It's fine with me,"

"Great! Well I'll see you both at two. Just ask at the front under 'Bolt'.

Said Golden warmly and with a nod to the pair of ponies, gave a giant flap of his wings and was soon flying towards the restaurant. Trying to remember the waiters name.

Glasses? No...Wings? No... Speedy? No... Ah! Aurora. Thats it.

He banked slowly as he turned around a corner, allowing him to glide in small circle down the pavement. Right in front of Luna's Moon. Golden laughed, it was defiantly Luna's moon. The neon sign that hung over the top of the establishment was still missing the letter 'N' in moon creating a rather comical 'Luna's moo'. Golden pushed on, and pushed open the front door. Coming face to face with a light blue pegasus, with a white mane. She sighed.

"What do you want Golden."

It sounded more like a statement that a question to Golden, but he ignored it.

"And here I was thinking you'd have missed me Aurora."

A huff was his only answer.

"I need you to turn this place into a fancy restaurant."

"Did you attack a pony?"

Came the exasperated answer.

"You know what. I don't even want to hear about it. I'll get it done. But then we are square and you owe me."

"Deal. I'll go replace that 'N' so long."

"You do that and I might just have to start being nice to you Golden."

"You? Nice?"

Joked Golden as he dodged a wet dish clot that was flung his way.

Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

One Hoof at a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Hoof at a Time   One Hoof at a Time I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:59 pm

"Well," Elegance huffed, "That was not a very nice experience. One should take care while doing their job. Now my dress is completely ruined." She tsked. "He did not even try to explain his mistake! That, my dear, Shadow, is a sign of negligence if there isn't even a good excuse for error. These things do have consequences, and they should be kept to a minimum."

Looking over herself she sighed. "Well, I suppose I should get prepared for this luncheon," she said, clearly not looking forward to the prospect, "My only Rarity dress and this happens to it. Just my luck, really. Well!"
Back to top Go down
ShadowFall

ShadowFall

One Hoof at a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Hoof at a Time   One Hoof at a Time I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 11:51 am

ShadowFall nodded absently. Maybe she was too easy going, but she wasn't nearly as upset as Elegance. Not that she could blame her. If she'd lost such a beautiful dress, Shadow thought she might be upset too. She didn't wear dress often, but maybe she should try one on for the dinner. It might be nice to dress up for a change.

"I'll meet you there?" she suggested. She had enough time to run back home to change. Though explaining to her parents why she was back so soon would be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Golden Bolt

Golden Bolt

One Hoof at a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Hoof at a Time   One Hoof at a Time I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 7:51 pm

It was one thirty (13:30) When Golden returned into Luna's Moon, which until recently was still Moo.

"Hey Aurora I fixed that sig-"

Golden stopped mid sentence. He was absolutely stunned. For a moment he stood frozen to the spot while Aurora, came walking up to him, her flank sashaying from side to side.

"Pick your jaw up from the floor Golden. You look almost like the first time you ever met me. Although you do look rather dapper than from you usual self."

Golden shook his mane out not only because he was nervous, but also so that he could set his head straight and focus upon the task at hand. Golden picked up his jaw before continuing.

"And you look like the first time I took you out on a date."

"But we've never dated."

Golden raised his eyebrows and flashed a sly smile. To which Aurora laughed half heartily.

"I could be married and you would still try wouldn't you?"

"Ahh, but we would still stay friends. Even if you did go on a date with me."

Aurora just shook her head. Not sure whether to kick Golden out, or to embrace him in a hug. Eventually she gave in to the innocent looking smile. A Smile she knew all to well.

"Come, give me a hug you stupid foal."

Golden laughed before giving her a gentle hug. He took a step back and gazed around the restaurant. What had once been a good restaurant with good food and good ponies. Had now turned into a classy restaurant, with tiny portions and mean, grumpy looking ponies sitting at tables. In essence it was a 'fancy' restaurant.

"I have no idea how you managed it. But you did. You saved my hide Aurora. I really don't know how I'm going to repay the favor."

The light blue pegasus chuckled, then winked at Golden before she turned and headed to the bar.

"Just make sure that you pay the bill. Then I think we're square."

She said speaking over her shoulder. As she once again sent her flank sashaying as she walked. Golden sighed and laughed softly, before looking up and suddenly snapping his view elsewhere as his eyes passed over Aurora. He was now looking at the door his eyes fixed on the handle.

They'll be here soon.

Golden thought as he walked to the door.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

One Hoof at a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Hoof at a Time   One Hoof at a Time I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 10:08 pm

(Elegance shall be fashionably late. Skip me for now.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

One Hoof at a Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Hoof at a Time   One Hoof at a Time I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Hoof at a Time
Page 1 of 1