My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Into the musty yonder

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Elix

Elix

Into the musty yonder - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into the musty yonder   Into the musty yonder - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 10:38 am

Elix examined his cards as he calulated the odds in his head, counting the cards.
if he done this right, he could only hit two times without busting, but no way of reaching
anything above 19. He was an Alchemist/Chemist, so even a formula to
counting cards was something he could easily figure out, after all he did make a potion to turn tin to Copper.

"hit me twice. i think that term is a double down, correct?"

he asked, wanting to get his terms right and not offend Roulette.

"How about we also ask questions about each other while we play, seems illogical to just know a
persons name if you plan to hang out with them for a while."
Back to top Go down
Snowdrift

Snowdrift

PostSubject: Re: Into the musty yonder   Into the musty yonder - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 11:35 pm

Into the musty yonder - Page 2 43598luckystrea
Roulette
Roulette smirked at Elix's incorrect use of the term normally reserved for doubling a bet, though she would have done that readily, had bits actually been riding on the game. She didn't say anything though, as it didn't really matter, and she might've been wrong, anyways.
She slid over two more cards, automatically hoping they would bring him over the top, and them dismissing the thought soon after. It was a friendly game, not a gamble, right?
"Well sure, I'd like ta know more than just the name and job of the pony who'll be kind enough as to show me around. I'll go first.. ah.." She looked at the ceiling, then back at the alchemist, his form a bit darker through her glasses.
"What kinds of things do you make, anyways? You mentioned a few, but I'm still curious. You don't normally see ponies doing that kind of thing. Those unicorns are often just so prim and proper, y'know?"
Back to top Go down
Elix

Elix

PostSubject: Re: Into the musty yonder   Into the musty yonder - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 5:33 pm

Once he received his two cards, he smiled as he reached 18.
any more cards could bust him, acording to his calulation
that is.

"Hold. that the term for when I no longer want cards right?"

He asked after running the numbers in his head a second time
to confirm he did his math right. he could not help but
smile as she asked what kind of potions he make and how he
seemed different from the standard Unicorn she may have seen.

"Well I make a potion for almost all your needs. I make potions
to increase your luck, onces that speed up healing factors, even
some for good old pranks like stink bombs and invisable ink.
Right now i'm trying to perfect a Cloud walking potion, but
the formula needs a drop of Rainbow and a part of a cloud."

he said with a slight sigh as he waited for her to draw her
extra cards as he thought of a question for her.

"What about you? what do you do to earn bits?"
Back to top Go down
Snowdrift

Snowdrift

PostSubject: Re: Into the musty yonder   Into the musty yonder - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 7:00 pm

Roulette
"Yeah, it's hold." Roulette had always liked going second; it felt better to let ponies at least put down their cards before she lowered her hoof and won.
She nodded as he spoke, rattling off types of potions. She chuckled at the one that apparently increased luck, but her face turned thoughtful as he mentioned needing a rainbow and a cloud. It was handy being a pegasus.
"I can help you with that! Well... rainbows are rather tricky, but with luck I should able to make one for you. I'm.... technically a weather pony, after all." She said technically, as it was about once or twice a week that she actually did her job.
"Besides that, I'll do whatever odd jobs need to be done to make a few bits. Call me a.... Jack of all Trades, I guess." With a grin at Elix, she threw away the notion of waiting and put down her hoof, revealing her blackjack, an ace and a jack, at the same time underlining her point. Huh, that worked out pretty well, didn't it?
Back to top Go down
Elix

Elix

PostSubject: Re: Into the musty yonder   Into the musty yonder - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 7:33 pm

Elix looked at the cards and ran some numbers anf different formulas before showing his 18 and handing back the cards for her to shuffle back in and deal another round of cards.

"thank you, Cloud walking may sound useless to you as you can naturally do that, but I could make a good few bits with that potion as alot of Earthen Ponies and Unicorns who lack magic skills can visit Cloudsdale for a day, just enough time to chat and be with a friend or meet a new one."

his horn glowed and a few bottles floated out of the other Sachel. each labbled something different and in a variety of colors. he poured two different potions together in his cup (which he drank his berry juice from) before placing the potions back in his bag. He drank the mixure down in one go and a few moments later, his eyes become more relaxed and a slight gleam to them.

"sorry, started to see Clouds again. . . and could use 5 minutes of luck. deal again?"
Back to top Go down
Snowdrift

Snowdrift

PostSubject: Re: Into the musty yonder   Into the musty yonder - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 10:55 pm

Roulette
Roulette was fascinated by the potions, and more than a little concerned when he drank from the seemingly random concoctions. It sounded like he'd made something to increase his luck, however that worked.
"So... you're sure that's safe, Elix?" She chuckled, looking at him instead of the cards she was shuffling with her hooves. She'd done it a thousand times, there wasn't any need to even think about shuffling anymore.
After a minute, she slid two more face-down cards to the unicorn.
It was only then that what he'd said actually hit her.
"Wait... see clouds? The heck does that mean?"
Back to top Go down
Elix

Elix

PostSubject: Re: Into the musty yonder   Into the musty yonder - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 11:05 pm

"its highly safe, as long as i drink the mixure under 10 minutes as these two potions are of high stability so the chemicals and effects wont fuse and such untill a good amount of time."

he looked at his cards, seeing his luck is up as the down card is an Ace. he did a number crunch and determine a max of 4 hits is a guarentee not to bust, but one or two cards should get him 21, if he is lucky. after he did some math, he adressed the question at hand.

"well you see, I'm Mentally unstable due to a potion gone wonder. . . horribly wrong. that other potion eases my mind so i don't go insane. nothing to worry about, unless my home remedy runs out, but a bottle can last me a week, two if im not too mentally active."

he explained as if this was normal for everypony. he smiled lightly as he asked for another card.
Back to top Go down
Snowdrift

Snowdrift

PostSubject: Re: Into the musty yonder   Into the musty yonder - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 12:10 am

Roulette
The pegasus obliged, sliding over another card and hiding her concern with another smile. Though the fact that Elix was basically telling her he was mentally insane was crazy enough - Oh, she was making puns accidentally now -, it was the calmness with which he delivered the fact that she found most unnerving. She couldn't help but wonder if the calmness was due to this... 'calming' potion he mentioned, or the mental instability itself.
Ah, calm down Roulette, she told herself. Maybe he's joking. Well, even if he isn't, he seems... alright now, no point making a fuss.
"So... um..." She stopped, pushing her glasses a bit further up her snout, "You're sure you're alright? You're actually getting me a bit concerned for your health there, Elix..." She chuckled again.
As she did, her eyes absentmindedly went back down to her cards, and she was shocked to find two nines clasped between her hooves. If she grabbed anything besides a three she'd be busted.. and that certainly didn't happen often. Did that luck potion actually work?
Back to top Go down
Elix

Elix

PostSubject: Re: Into the musty yonder   Into the musty yonder - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 8:41 am

" I'm fine, Roulette is it? my state of mind is the least i have to worry about. i handle dangerous plants and fumes when I make certain potions, plus i'm completly sane as long as i remember the signs and take what you may call my 'medicine.' well anyway, if i'm going to give you a tour of town, what is your favorite meal? hold."

he asked, changing the subject to learn more about her. Elix was obiously new to this chatting thing, but that is mostly due to this being the first conversation he had it what seemed like ages.
Back to top Go down
Snowdrift

Snowdrift

PostSubject: Re: Into the musty yonder   Into the musty yonder - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 10:35 pm

Roulette
"Um... I like anything hearty, not too fond of sweets..." She said absentmindedly, staring at her cards intently as if the force of her gaze would be enough to change them.
Of course, it didn't work, and at the moment she didn't trust her luck to try for an ace or three..."'M done too. Whadda you got?" She dropped her hoof, showing her eighteen.
She didn't lose often, and she hadn't expected to. Even in a friendly game like this, the thought lowered her mood a bit, though she tried hard not to show it.
"But.. ah.. we can go wherever you think is good. Since you're showing me around, I'll pay for the both of us."
Back to top Go down
Elix

Elix

PostSubject: Re: Into the musty yonder   Into the musty yonder - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 1:14 am

Elix showed his cards, smiling at the result he got a 6 a 4 and an ace, totaling to 21. he smiled as he handed back the cards and began to think of were to go that did not have sweet things.

"market place is good to look for non sweet items and such. and from out location, a think a quick stop to the market to see what they have then head over to the cafe for a real lunch then bowling and continue to finish up the tour."

he said, trying to cover all the basic steps. too many ingredients have been waisted due to lack of prepreations and he planned on not failing at this, after all even an Alchemist could use friends, right?
Back to top Go down
Snowdrift

Snowdrift

PostSubject: Re: Into the musty yonder   Into the musty yonder - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 7:24 pm

Roulette
"Heh... what a lucky hoof, there." Roulette tried to chuckle, shuffling the cards again.
"But bowling, huh? I've always been a fan." She said, remembering several games she'd played with her mother, though all of those were out of Canterlot, considering the city didn't have very many alleys, if at all. She liked the game because it relied just as much on luck as it did on skill. It would also be great to be inside on a warm day like this. Of course, she could always fly up and put a few extra clouds in the air... but, nah, that was too much work.
She dealt again. "It's really nice of ya to take me out, ya know Elix?" She meant it, giving him a grin.
Back to top Go down
Elix

Elix

PostSubject: Re: Into the musty yonder   Into the musty yonder - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 9:29 pm

"well i'm just trying not to scare you away or ruin anything."

He said and smiled at her, happy she thinks he is nice, better then being called crazy.

"and i asumed you only played cards, bowling is fun, then again i tend to che. . . i mean use my potions to give me an edge in the games. i can easily make a potion, well more of a lube that it good for three strikes, i call it turkey lube. . . i need a better name for it. . . looked alot better on the label."

he said, obiously joking. He cheats and he knows it, but he knows not to cheat when its serious or competitive, he may cheat, but he isn't a scam artist.

"speaking of, if you need a potion for anything, i am willing to give you a free one, i have a feeling we may be good friends."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Into the musty yonder   Into the musty yonder - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Into the musty yonder
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2