My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Too much stuff! (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

Location : A little pocket universe after almost destroying the old one.

Too much stuff! (Open)  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too much stuff! (Open)    Too much stuff! (Open)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 9:58 pm

"My work is my way of connecting with other ponies," Elegance replied, taking the tea, "You have to talk a lot in order to get a building completed. And invitations can rarely be refused." She sipped her tea. "And if I don't do the thing I love, what would I do? Go to the opera? I dislike nonsensical stories and screeching primadonnas. The Derby? Athletes are even worse and sports are quite dull. Recent events have increased my workload quite considerably, the last thing I need to do is to stop. No matter what others may think."

She paused, then questioned, "If working is my way of dealing with supposed trauma, then do you not think that it is better for me to keep working, rather than fall into a pit of despair? I would be useless then, and I cannot stand being useless."
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Too much stuff! (Open)    Too much stuff! (Open)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:20 pm

"When I said social interactions, I meant spending quality time with other ponies. I doubt work hardly counts, but if you say it does then it does." Star sighed and wondered what to do. She could not help a pony with no problems. It was frustrating her. "Well, what do your friends think? Have they seen any changes in you lately? Maybe an outside view would help."

"But, Elegance, you still insist you are fine. If you are as fine as you say, then you are wasting my time and wasting your time. If you are prefectlly healthy, then you may leave. I can't help you unless there is something wrong." Star said.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: Too much stuff! (Open)    Too much stuff! (Open)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:43 pm

Elegance beamed. "Well then..." Reaching into her bag, Elegance pulled out a document, and a pen.

It read:
Quote :
I, Star Sapphire, certify that the one known as Elegance of the Design noble line is mentally stable enough to oversee the construction of the Midnight Temple. Any mental complications will be my responsibility, and I will be expected to compensate appropriately under the Royal Project laws (635). Any responsibility on the client's side is completely removed.

Signed,

There was a dotted line underneath the paragraph.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Too much stuff! (Open)    Too much stuff! (Open)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 11:00 pm

Star Sapphire read over the document. She shook her head and handed it back. "I'm sorry, but I can't sign this. You have been a frustrating patient. You are so bent on that nothing is wrong that you are denying the help of well meaning ponies. If I can get an opinion from your friends and coworkers saying that you are the same, and if I can get you to tell me your exact thoughts about the situation,ten I will sign it. But right now you seem to be incredibly in denial, and I don't feel right signing this." She said.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: Too much stuff! (Open)    Too much stuff! (Open)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 4:52 am

Elegance raised a hoof and pushed it back. "No, no, keep it. It is yours to have until you think you can sign it without a cloud on your conscience. If I didn't need it signed, rest assured, I wouldn't be here. I hardly would distract myself if I didn't think it necessary, now, would I? If I am in denial, I wouldn't, by the very definition, admit it without a whole lot of work from your end being done. I want to do my duty at my fullest capacity, and I cannot do that if my mind is not fully together." She sipped her tea. "I do not think I am in denial, so why don't you try to convince me?"

The question was asked with a hint of daring, provoking, challenging, but her stance and expression were of one simply having a nice chat, tea, and hopefully cake.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Too much stuff! (Open)    Too much stuff! (Open)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 2:04 pm

Star took the document and put it with her notebook. "Here, I'll tell you this. I want signed documents from your friends telling me how you were before and how you are now. You just seem so into your work that I'm afraid you're lying to me just to get to your work faster." Star Sapphire said.

"Well, maybe I can take some of the symptoms of my other patients and ask if they appply to you. The most common symptom is paranoia. Since changelings can take any shape they desire, a lot of my patients can't seem to trust a lot of ponies. Suddenly, there is a dagger behind every smile and poison in every glass." She said, "Do you find yourself feeling like that? Even in the slightest?"
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: Too much stuff! (Open)    Too much stuff! (Open)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 12:06 am

Elegance placed her cup down. "Well, now that you have raised the possibility, I would be lying if I said I was not at least a little scared about the possibility. But it would be debilitating, wouldn't it, if I let that dominate my thoughts. After all, you could be a changeling." She paused for a moment, and laughed. "I could be a Changeling so good at pretending, I fool myself! I can't let that slim possibility drag me down."

"As for the documents you require...I suppose I can get them, however awkward that might be. Mental stability is not something one usually talk about over cakes..."
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Too much stuff! (Open)    Too much stuff! (Open)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 2:25 am

"Well, I have had patients whose every thought has been one of paranoia." Star Sapphire said cooly. "It is very sad to see them live like this. I can understand a little fear, but that much..." She shook her head. "But hey, you said it doesn't bother you, so what is the point of worrying?"

"Yes, it will be an odd topic to bring up. But if they are truly your friends, then they will accept this. You are important to them, and I bet they will do what they can to help you." Star smiled.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: Too much stuff! (Open)    Too much stuff! (Open)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 4:05 am

"Oh, if it weren't for patient confidentiality I would ask how they would they react to you, trying to get inside their heads and all," Elegance said lightly, "I don't let things worry me to the point where they hinder me unnecessarily. But you already guessed that, probably."

She crossed her forelegs and frowned. "What does worry me is how fragile things really are. Ponies, the city, everything. Things were so very close to disaster, to a thousand years of stability collapsing one day. How can one face the future with so much uncertainty without holding onto something...stable?"

Elegance stared long and hard at Star. "You, of all ponies, should know that other ponies are far too volatile to rely upon forever. We relied on Celestia, and we almost became slaves, and she controls the sun. Practically a goddess. Who knows when she will fail again? So I put my faith in what I know best. The job in front of me."
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Too much stuff! (Open)    Too much stuff! (Open)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 2:49 pm

Star smiled. It finally seemed that she was getting somewhere. "Yes, I understand what you mean. But everything is fragile, is it not?" She asked, picking her notebook up again. "But you have to ask yourself, is it really worth worrying about something you have no control over? That will just add unwanted stress in your life, which is not good for you at all."

"And was your faith even in the right thing? This is a little bit of my own opinion, but , although Celestia is a kind and benevolent ruler, not much has been put onto the defence of Equestria. Have you ever seen a Royal Guard carry a weapon? And why did we leave the defence of Canterlot to just one unicorn and a shield spell? How about when evil is near, she relies on six normal ponies wielding magical artifacts? I thought we had a military for a reason." Star shook her head, "Sorry for my ramblings, that is not what you are here for. But yes, finding something stable is good. If you have a stable life, you can more easily deal with troubles that come your way."
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: Too much stuff! (Open)    Too much stuff! (Open)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 10:36 pm

Elegance raised her eyebrows. "That could almost count for treason there, Dr Sapphire, but I confess, my feelings are very similar. Poor organisation by our government, such dependance on so few...that is why I snapped and verbally insulted Princess Celestia. In retrospect, doing it front of Princess Luna, my employer, was a really poor idea. That is why I need your signature."

"Do you know much about my family, Doctor?" she asked softly, looking at nothing, "The Design family was here when Canterlot was a small mountain village. It was them that turned that village into the greatest city in the world. Canterlot is our legacy, doctor, part of our souls. And every generation of the Designs gives a little of themselves into it. The idea that it can all be taken away by mere negligence...it's heartbreaking."
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Too much stuff! (Open)    Too much stuff! (Open)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 2:30 am

"Treason or not, it is what I believe." She said firmly. Star Sapphire shook her head. "Anyway, yes I can understand how you feel. Having someone else's mistake wreck what you worked for. I know I would feel the same way. It seems they do not think you as mentally stable. I find nothing wrong with you, yet. After some of our sessions, once I am confident you are fine, I will sign that form." Star pulled out her notebook. "I plan to create a log of our sessions, so I may see your progress. Right now your biggest problem seems to be shock, probably from being close to losing something very dear to you. Easy to deal with. What you need is support. I, of course, am always here for you. If you ever need some pony to talk to, don't be afraid to drop by. If you can get some of your friends to support you through this, that would be great too. Go spend time with them, eat lunch together, talk, whatever."

"Well, I think you and I may be closer than we realize." Star Sapphire said. "My father owns a company that owns mines and quarries as well as creates construction materials. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the buildings you have created were made with his materials." She said, and smiled.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: Too much stuff! (Open)    Too much stuff! (Open)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 4:49 am

"Ah, so you're part of those Sapphires," Elegance said, smiling as well, "I used their services for the Memorial Monument, which got me my cutie mark. I owe them much already. Now it seems I shall owe more..."

"Well, at least now I have something to work towards. Is there anything else to talk about for now, Doctor? Aside from paying and the next appointment."
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Too much stuff! (Open)    Too much stuff! (Open)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 3:42 pm

"No nothing more for today." Said Star Sapphire, shaking your head. "I'll give you some things to do on your own time, and we'll plan your next session." Star handed Elegance a slip of paper. "I want you to put some routine into your life. Eat healthy meals at the same time every day. Try and set some time aside every day for a hobby. Routine will add some stability." She said. "And for appointments, well lets see." She said, grabbing her schedule book. "Um, my next opening is tomorrow at the same time. If that doesn't work, the next day at 3 is my next opening."
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: Too much stuff! (Open)    Too much stuff! (Open)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 5:04 am

"Day after tomorrow, three it is then," Elegance declared, checking her diary, "Very well. It has been somewhat interesting, this whole business, Doctor. I bid you good day."

And so she left.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Too much stuff! (Open)    Too much stuff! (Open)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Too much stuff! (Open)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2