My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Small-Town Colt in the Big City

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tinker

Tinker

Small-Town Colt in the Big City Empty
PostSubject: Small-Town Colt in the Big City   Small-Town Colt in the Big City I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 8:39 am

Tinker trotted through the industrial district of Manehattan, keeping an eye out as he pulled his cart behind him. This wasn't his first time in the big city, and he knew enough to keep his eyes and ears peeled, but apparently he hadn't yet learned where it wasn't safe to go.

Still, doing odd jobs like he did meant that sometimes you had to look in odd places, and some might consider wandering around the worst part of Manehattan of your own free will to be quite odd indeed.

{{Ah wonder if'n there's even any work t' be had here...}} he silently wondered as he wandered under the Manehattan sky.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: Small-Town Colt in the Big City   Small-Town Colt in the Big City I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 8:49 am

Another stallion was not far from Tinker. Special Delivery had to admit, he was lost. Bringing his hoof on his chin, he looked right and left, wondering where exactly he had done a wrong turn. This part of the city made him feel uncomfortable, it was the dangerous part, also poor. Delivery thanked any deity above that he had nothing to deliver at the moment.

Pacing slowly, Special Delivery passed a shady alley, soon stopping as he heard noises from the said alley.

"No, please don't!" someone pleaded.

"You owe us, buddy..." said a much deeper voice, almost like a growl.

"If you owe us, you pay ten times bigger." said another voice.

The first voice, frail and filled with fear, tried to beg for mercy, but it ended in a sound of a punch and groan.
At this moment, Special Delivery could not stand it anymore, he had to do something.
Back to top Go down
Tinker

Tinker

PostSubject: Re: Small-Town Colt in the Big City   Small-Town Colt in the Big City I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 6:40 pm

Tinker heard the commotion, and stopped his cart, locking the wheel before he turns to the other stallion who looked like he was thinking of doing something stupid.

"You thinkin' of goin' in there, too?" he asked as he took a step towards the alley, his jaw clenched in determination. He clearly was not going to let the poor soul in there go unaided, or at least without someone to get them to the hospital.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: Small-Town Colt in the Big City   Small-Town Colt in the Big City I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 11:48 pm

Special Delivery could have jumped as the other earth pony stopped and took a step closer to him and the alley, for a moment he had been afraid to get his lungs punched with a knife or a kick.
He said nothing just nodded, then walking calmly to the alley way.
"Hey!" he called out to the thugs threatening a lot smaller pony in the shades, "Two against one seems hardly fair."

One of the thugs turned.
"What's it up to you, piece-of-dung?" the thug said, then spitting to the ground. His colleague aimed a kick at the one they had been threatening.
Back to top Go down
Tinker

Tinker

PostSubject: Re: Small-Town Colt in the Big City   Small-Town Colt in the Big City I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 11:20 am

Tinker followed the other Earth Pony into the alleyway. When the thugs asked what is was to them, Tinker glared and replied, "What it is t' us is that what y'all're doin' ain't right. Y'all need t' leave that pony alone 'fore we get mad. Don't think yer so tough 'cause y'all can beat up one pony what ain't fightin' back. Ah'll show y'all what we DO t' varmints like y'all out West. An' it ain't purty."
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: Small-Town Colt in the Big City   Small-Town Colt in the Big City I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 3:35 am

The thugs left the poor pony alone for a moment, approaching the two stallions at the end of the alleyway. "What's it to you? What the buck's wrong with ya colts?" other of them asked, "What do you care for a pony, you don't even know?"

Special Delivery had noticed some ponies watching the whole commotion above from the windows. He glared at the thugs.
"Two arseholes, laying their hooves on one guy while everypony else watches... And you want to know what's wrong with me?"
His face expressed nothing more than disgust, both at the thugs and to the ponies watching. "I would rather die, than to leave this poor sod alone here. So bring it on!"

"Glad to deliver." other thug said, and charged at Special Delivery and Tinker.
Back to top Go down
Tinker

Tinker

PostSubject: Re: Small-Town Colt in the Big City   Small-Town Colt in the Big City I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:07 am

Tinker grinned at Special Delivery before turning back to the thugs, pawing the ground and snorting as the thugs started to attack.

He then turned, and met one of the charging thugs with a good, hard buck from his strong hind legs as he crowed, "Yee haw! Charge at me, buddy, an' Ah'll bust you like a bronco! You goons don't scare me none!"
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: Small-Town Colt in the Big City   Small-Town Colt in the Big City I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 2:11 am

Special Delivery got on his backlegs, pawing the air, as the thugs charged at them. He managed to get a punch at the other thug, while getting his chest headbutted.
"Argh!" he yelled, since the blow had hit him on the bone and nerve. This made him even angrier, and he smacked his own head at the thug he had punched first.

Other one of the thugs retreated a little, propably because of feeling dizzy, but charged again in a moment.

"You won't learn, do you?" Special Delivery growled and charged at the thug charging at him, smacking their heads together. He punched and kicked, even bit the other pony, now that he was on horrible rage.

[By the way, happy birthday!]
Back to top Go down
Tinker

Tinker

PostSubject: Re: Small-Town Colt in the Big City   Small-Town Colt in the Big City I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:21 pm

Tinker's kick landed solidly, though unfortunately the tough was a LOT bigger than he was, and it slammed into the other pony's shoulders. While the thug backed off a bit, he just glared at the puny Earth Pony who dared to stand on his way.

Tinker, however, did not back down, and just smirked, "Oooh, yer REAL scary-lookin' there. Ah'm def'nitely pissin' muh harness, here. Now why don't y'all jus' walk away before Ah have t' REALLY hurt ya?"

The thug grunted and swung a forehoof at Tinker's face, connecting solidly with the handypony's muzzle. Tinker stepped back a few paces and shook his head a bit, then grinned as he spit out a little blood, "Well well! Looks like you got some fight in you after all! This here's gonna be fun!"

With that, he charged the bigger pony. When the thug reared up, Tinker ducked under the flailing hooves before giving the thug a good headbutt in the gut.

{{Thanks! :D Since you didn't do anything with the other NPC, I figured it was OK for me to play 'im.}}
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: Small-Town Colt in the Big City   Small-Town Colt in the Big City I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 12:54 pm

[Sure thing it was okay, allows a lot more freedom for the both of us.]

The messenger pony managed to get some kicks and punches at the thug, though in his rage he was getting hit as well. Nonetheless, it now seemed that he was to win the other thug, no matter how bruised or tired he was getting. The thug did not lead such a healthy life as Special Delivery, so he was less hardy.

"Screw this!" other one of the thugs, the one Spec had beaten up, snarled. He spat some bloody spit to the pavement, then running away.

At this point, the stallion managed to get a look around, and see, that the other earth pony was able to deal with the other one of the thugs. Anyway, Spec called out: "Need a helpin' hoof there?"
Back to top Go down
Tinker

Tinker

PostSubject: Re: Small-Town Colt in the Big City   Small-Town Colt in the Big City I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 4:03 pm

The tough grunted in pain and backed away, looking a bit winded as he glared at the small green Earth Pony before him. Tinker grinned and said, "Go on, git, ya oversized varmint. Before Ah REALLY rough ya up!"

The thug wisely decided to follow his fleeing comrade, turning and coughing, "I know your faces... you'll both get yours!", before disappearing around a corner.

Tinker shrugged, then turned to the thugs' victim, and the other pony who'd helped chase the thugs away. "Y'all all right? Anypony need a doctor?", he asked.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: Small-Town Colt in the Big City   Small-Town Colt in the Big City I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 1:01 pm

Special Delivery managed to sigh in relief, though the movement of his lungs hurt somewhere in his stomach. "Ouch, got a sore muscle here and there, but I'll manage." he said to the green earth pony. "Now, where is that assaulted fella--" he said and turned to look, just to notice that the pony they had helped was already running away.

"Well, how about that!" he exclaimed a tad of bafflement in his voice, "Partner got ran off while we saved his sorry ass."
Special Delivery rolled his eyes, not actually wondering that the assaulted pony had left off the scene.
Back to top Go down
Tinker

Tinker

PostSubject: Re: Small-Town Colt in the Big City   Small-Town Colt in the Big City I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 8:07 pm

Tinker chuckled and said, "Ah hear ya. Heh, Ah reckon muh face is gonna smart fer a bit. That feller knocked me a good one. Still, Ah figger Ah gave better'n Ah got. Good t' hear yer all right though."

When he saw that the pony they'd rescued had vamoosed, he snorted, "Hmph. Figgers. We risk our flanks fer him, an' he don't even stick around t' say thanks. Well, Ah'm much obliged fer th' help, stranger. Th' name's Tinker, by the by. How 'bout yerself?"
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: Small-Town Colt in the Big City   Small-Town Colt in the Big City I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:00 am

The stallion-messenger, was lost in a thought for a little moment, as he pushed his teeth with his tongue, just to try if there had been any knocked loose. He did not need mending otherwise, but a loose tooth, or even fallen tooth would look nasty on him.

"They call me Special Delivery." the yellow Earth Pony then said, offering his hoof to be bumped. "Nice to meet ya! And lucky, too, considering it is hard to meet any friendly ponies in these parts of the city."
Back to top Go down
Tinker

Tinker

PostSubject: Re: Small-Town Colt in the Big City   Small-Town Colt in the Big City I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:48 am

Tinker chuckled, giving the offered hoof a bump as he said, "Heh, yeah, really. This here part o' town is a mite dangerous, as th' both of us know. So, Special D'livery, are ya from around here? Ah'm guessin' yer a mailstallion, yeah?"

While Tinker's jaw was indeed aching, he couldn't feel anything that had been knocked loose, himself. Which was a good thing. Having an honest, friendly smile was important when your primary source of income was getting strangers to trust you enough to do odd jobs for them. Granted, Equestria was peaceful enough that that wasn't particularly hard, especially in the smaller towns. Manehattan, though... If you could make it here, you could make it anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: Small-Town Colt in the Big City   Small-Town Colt in the Big City I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:15 am

"I deliver messages, yeah, but this ain't my hood.", the mailcarrier replied, "I am just visiting, luckily delivered messages before getting lost to this part of city."

A little examination proved, that he had no teeth loose or about to fall, which was a good thing. Special Delivery shook his mane a little, then looking around. They could not simply stay there, because the thugs would propably get themselves a little backup and then return for the heads of the two stallions around.

The yellow earth pony was not a coward, but the most sensible thing was to get out of the alleys and shades as fast as possible. He voiced his thoughts aloud: "I think we might need to move. Those thugs will be back."
Back to top Go down
Tinker

Tinker

PostSubject: Re: Small-Town Colt in the Big City   Small-Town Colt in the Big City I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:08 am

Tinker nodded, "Yeah, sounds like a good idea t' me. Let's skeedaddle before them fellers come back with friends."

He went for his cart, hooking himself back up quickly before saying, "Ah'm a bit of a traveler muhself. Ah'm jus' a wanderin' handypony, doin' odd jobs here an' there, ya know?"

He started to move towards the nicer parts of town, sticking with Special Delivery as he went. If those thugs DID come back, he'd rather be with the mail-pony than alone.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: Small-Town Colt in the Big City   Small-Town Colt in the Big City I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 11:52 pm

Special Delivery nodded, as the other earth pony explained their profession. He had a curious look at the cart. As they headed to the better parts, he asked, "What kind of odd jobs you do? All kinds? Like fix things, or heavy lifting, or...?"

Special Delivery kept a decent pace on his steps, trying to not to look too nervous. It was a fatal mistake in these parts of the city, it seemed, to look nervous and out of place. The yellow stallion shuddered a little, then taking things easier and trying to look like he had some business in this district.

"If we get out of here unharmed, I'll buy us drinks." he promised to himself and the green stallion.
Back to top Go down
Tinker

Tinker

PostSubject: Re: Small-Town Colt in the Big City   Small-Town Colt in the Big City I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:36 am

Tinker shrugged and said, "If it pays, an' it's legal, Ah'll do it. Ah may not be th' strongest Earth Pony in Equestria, but Ah've done mah share o' hard work, so Ah can get mos' jobs done easy enough. Pullin' plows, paintin' fences, puttin' in a new light... you name it, Ah've prob'ly done it. Ah'm what ya might call a handypony."

He then chuckled and said, "Ah'll hold ya to that, an' buy th' second round if'n yer feelin' up to it."
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: Small-Town Colt in the Big City   Small-Town Colt in the Big City I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:59 am

Sound of their hooves and the cart echoed in the alleyways, as the trotted in good pace away from the scene of fight. Special Delivery's ears twitched a little, as he noticed that something in the echoes was off.
He came a little closer to the green stallion and whispered, "I think we are being followed..."

There was a hint of certain tension in his voice. It was not necessarily fear, but he was alarmed about the steps following them. Could it have been, that the thugs had already returned with their gang to give the two stallions a beating?

[Kinda short, sorry. Also, do you wish to have another fight or move these to someplace else and prevent the beating?]
Back to top Go down
Tinker

Tinker

PostSubject: Re: Small-Town Colt in the Big City   Small-Town Colt in the Big City I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 11:51 am

Tinker nodded, saying, "Ah hear 'em, too. This don't sound none too good. Think we can out-run 'em? If'n we get out inta the open, they may not be bold enough t' do anythin'. Ah dunno about you, but stayin' an' fightin' don't sound none too smart. A wise stallion once said "Ya gotta know when t' hold 'em, know when t' fold 'em. Know when t' walk away, an' know when t' run." Ah think this'd be 'when t' run'."

[You're good. And either way XD. A chase might also be interesting. Heck, we could even turn this into a 'Noodle Incident', where they enact some REALLY brilliant plan that doesn't happen onscreen.]
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: Small-Town Colt in the Big City   Small-Town Colt in the Big City I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 11:58 am

"Yeah, running sounds good. I run really fast." Special Delivery said, still sounding tensed and a trickle of sweat running down his neck. He did not dare to turn, but the instincts said there was quite group behind them. Now they only needed to get off this neighbourhood to prevent any fighting.

Looking ahead, he saw that there was much cleaner streets awaiting for them to arrive. Once in a neater area, the gang would not give them a beating. Who knew, maybe they would enter some other gangs' territory and therefore avoid getting their blood spilled on the pavement. "Think we can outrun the whole lot?" he then asked, taking a worried glance at Tinker's cart.

[I think we could go for the chase.]
Back to top Go down
Tinker

Tinker

PostSubject: Re: Small-Town Colt in the Big City   Small-Town Colt in the Big City I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 3:49 pm

Tinker noticed the worried glance and chuckled, "Don't you worry none about me, now. Ah can move plenty fast when Ah need to, an' Ah don't see any sharp turns. Besides, if they try t' get in front of us, this'll give me a bit'a extra momentum, maybe lemme crash through. Beats stayin' an' fightin'."

With that, he took off at a gallop towards the open streets, where hopefully the gang wouldn't keep chasing them. He knew he HAD to make it out of these back streets, otherwise he might not make it out of this alive. He might've been tough, but he was no one man army. There was no way they could fight off that many, not unless Special Delivery was secretly a ninja or something.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: Small-Town Colt in the Big City   Small-Town Colt in the Big City I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 1:00 am

Special Delivery broke into gallop straight away, which he would regret later, propably. But well, sore muscles was better than a knife in the ribs.

He heard some shouts behind, as the gang started to follow the duo faster, and this only made him to run faster. The open and nicely lighted streets were just ahead of them, as he noticed somepony trying to get him tackled from the sideway alley.

"Not today, partner", he muttered and took a sharp twist on his run, making his tracks look like a zigzag.
Back to top Go down
Tinker

Tinker

PostSubject: Re: Small-Town Colt in the Big City   Small-Town Colt in the Big City I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 11:31 am

Tinker poured on the speed as best he could, though the gang ponies were starting to gain on him. One of the smaller, faster ones, pulled up beside him, and tried to ram him over to get him to stop. Tinker grunted and shoved back, saying, "Y'all get outta here, we're goin'! Quit gettin' yer socks in a wad!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Small-Town Colt in the Big City   Small-Town Colt in the Big City I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Small-Town Colt in the Big City
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next