My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Let's see how fast you can go.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

Let's see how fast you can go. Empty
PostSubject: Let's see how fast you can go.   Let's see how fast you can go. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 4:03 am

Midnight had just changed into his "vigilante" outfit, but surprisingly the dark side of his ego was relatively calm. He didn't thirst to cause pain today, to the relief of his more, moral side. Because of this rare treat, he walked along the path of Whitetail Wood and just took the time to enjoy the beauty of nature.

The tranquility felt great as the sun began to go down. He sat against a tree and just relaxed. As the sky turned orange, he yearned to fly. Now if only there was somepony here to race with. Shadow looked around but didn't see anypony. "I guess I'll just have to settle with this then..." He sighed as shook his wings just to get the itch to flap them to go away.

Back to top Go down
Blind Side

Blind Side

PostSubject: Re: Let's see how fast you can go.   Let's see how fast you can go. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 4:23 am

Dylgo flew down the path Steam had shown her with a good book in her hooves. She couldn't wait to start this book. it's been years since she had read it last. her wings also felt a lot stronger today. I guess she only needed a good night's rest. In anticipation of getting to the clearing, she flies even faster.
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

PostSubject: Re: Let's see how fast you can go.   Let's see how fast you can go. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 5:02 am

Shadow was falling asleep just sitting there. Nothing really happened. Just a peaceful little area full of trees. He stretched and got up. "I guess I could go for a round." He said as the itching feeling on his wings just wouldn't go away. Hopping twice or thrice, he then burst out from the canopy of leaves above. Going as fast as he can, he left a shadowy trail as he circled the woods. After flying around the perimeter of the woods, he eased down on a clearing he spotted from above.
Back to top Go down
Blind Side

Blind Side

PostSubject: Re: Let's see how fast you can go.   Let's see how fast you can go. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 5:29 am

Dylgo was so excited to read the book, she nearly missed the turn. nearing the clearing, she's surprised to see another pegasus. "Well this is interesting." she said to herself. she certainly wasn't expecting to see him. entering the clearing, she puts her book down on a nearby log.

"Hello!" she exclaimed, flying over. "I wasn't expecting to see anyone here. What are you up to?"

she was genuinely curious about this new face. she nearly forgets to introduce herself. "oh, sorry, my name is Dylgo. I'm new to Ponyville."
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

PostSubject: Re: Let's see how fast you can go.   Let's see how fast you can go. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 8:05 am

Boy did it feel good going that fast. The rush of the air flowing through his mane was one of the reasons why he loved being a pegasus. It's one of those things that are indescribable and you have to really feel it first hand to get it.

He was preparing to take off for the second time when a mare suddenly popped out behind him with a loud greeting. Instinctively he jumped back, faced the source of the sound, assumed the position wolves usually get into when they are ready to pounce, back raised, front lowered, tail raised and a growl to be intimidating. After realizing that the pegasus mare didn't mean to attack him or anything he stood up strait with a slight blush on his cheek. "Ahem... Sorry. You... startled me." After shaking off the initial scare, Shadow introduced himself after hearing the mare's introduction. "I am Mid- uhhm, Shadow Whisper. Nice to meet you"

'Whew, that was close. I need to be more careful... So I'm Ponyville now...' He thought to himself. He examined the mare through his thick glasses. He moved closer to the mare to take a closer look at her wings "You seem to know a thing or two about speed. Care to race?"

Back to top Go down
Blind Side

Blind Side

PostSubject: Re: Let's see how fast you can go.   Let's see how fast you can go. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 8:27 am

Dylgo was startled by the stallion's reaction. "it's nice to meet you too." she said as the other pegasus began examining her wings. This was slightly odd. she wasn't used to anypony examining her so closely. except maybe at the doctor's office.

when the word race came up, she couldn't be happier. "Just a thing or two. that's why I have this you know." she said as she sticks one of her back legs out revealing a cutie mark of pegasus wings and a horseshoe.

"It'd be an honor to race you."
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

PostSubject: Re: Let's see how fast you can go.   Let's see how fast you can go. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 9:15 am

"Grand." Shadow flew up high to make a path to race on. He noticed that the dirt paths were linked at one point or another and circled back into the woods. "Okay. We'll just follow this dirt path." He said, pointing along the said path. "We'll make a turn at that tree to the left and then follow the path from there, strait through that dark forest over yonder. To make this interesting, how about we fly low when we get to the other forest? First one out wins?" Shadow was a little bit devious as he already has experience flying low in city streets. He figured he'd slow down at that part of the race if the mare couldn't keep the pace.
Back to top Go down
Blind Side

Blind Side

PostSubject: Re: Let's see how fast you can go.   Let's see how fast you can go. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 9:34 am

Dylgo flew up to get a look for herself. "you're on!" she said wearing her competitive smile. as she flew down to where she assumed the start would be, her adrenaline was already pumping. She lived for races! the last time she raced, it was as a goodbye to her Pegasi friends back in Manehattan.

she looked over at the other pony as she started stretching her wings. "You going to do the countdown or should I?"
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

PostSubject: Re: Let's see how fast you can go.   Let's see how fast you can go. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 9:43 am

As the mare flew down to the start of the race, Shadow couldn't help but chuckle. 'Quite optimistic. The need for a good race must be in our blood.' Shadow landed beside her and got into position. "You do the countdown, miss." His plan was to lay a little back for half of the race then go for an overtake as they entered the dark forest. "Ready when you are."
Back to top Go down
Blind Side

Blind Side

PostSubject: Re: Let's see how fast you can go.   Let's see how fast you can go. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 9:55 am

"alright" she said as she leaned down and extended her wings in anticipation of the race. This was exciting already!

"ready? Three, Two, One, GO!" she yelled as she pushed off the line. She had waited a long time for this. the wind in her mane, the adrenaline in her veins, it was everything she loved.
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

PostSubject: Re: Let's see how fast you can go.   Let's see how fast you can go. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:05 am

'Three, two, one, and go!' He repeated is his mind. Getting her tempo, Shadow started to race half a second behind her. He had a grin on his face. The mare was fast, he'd give her that, but he wondered how long she could keep that burst of speed. The dust cloud kicked up from the both of them were enough to deduce that it would be a bad idea to jump in front of them right now. "Don't forget, left turn at the tree!" He shouted so she could hear. He turned on the out side of the tree, taking the longer bend and shot towards the tree line. He flapped harder and harder till they were neck and neck. Now this is what it means to be a pegasus!
Back to top Go down
Blind Side

Blind Side

PostSubject: Re: Let's see how fast you can go.   Let's see how fast you can go. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:18 am

Dylgo flapped her wings as hard as she could as she took the inside line around the tree. as she turned, her wing glanced the tree, messing with her practiced tempo. "Come on Dylgo, you're better than this." she said to herself as she pushes herself harder down the dirt road. when she looked over, he was right next to her. mustering what strength she had, she pushes herself a little harder. She will not hesitate to admit, he's really good.
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

PostSubject: Re: Let's see how fast you can go.   Let's see how fast you can go. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:40 am

Shadow grinned as the forest's entrance was within a few more meters. Wanting to do a little show, he went to the side, where the trees were bunched up, but still had room to move through. Doing a corkscrew maneuver, he passed through them with ease. It was like moving through the steam pipe alleys. It had it's twists and turns and a few twigs which could rip flesh wide open, but it still had the same feel. As he exited though, he saw some kind of shadow moving on the other side. "Careful now." He didn't want to end the race yet, not when they are just about halfway through the forest.
Back to top Go down
Blind Side

Blind Side

PostSubject: Re: Let's see how fast you can go.   Let's see how fast you can go. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 9:47 pm

pushing herself as hard as she could, she looks over to see the other pegasus show-boating. "Calm Dylgo, just a little harder." pushing herself to her limit, she nearly forgets to look where she's going, missing a tree by what she guessed was inches. She knew she was clumsy while flying, she just hoped she could finish this race without crashing.
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

PostSubject: Re: Let's see how fast you can go.   Let's see how fast you can go. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 8:58 am

Shadow's grin disappeared when a branch seamed to claw him from above. At this point, he was getting weird vibes from this forest. The path became narrower, pushing the two closer together. One wrong move and both of them could be kissing dirt in a split second. "Can you see the way out yet?" Shadow was behind by a feather, but wasn't planning on losing.
Back to top Go down
Blind Side

Blind Side

PostSubject: Re: Let's see how fast you can go.   Let's see how fast you can go. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 9:10 am

"No, It looked like the path went through when we looked before." She said not slowing down. "Do you think we should head back?"

Things were getting a little more tight than she'd felt comfortable about. she may be fast, but she is not graceful. dodging trees for her is difficult at best.
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

PostSubject: Re: Let's see how fast you can go.   Let's see how fast you can go. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 11:24 am

"This forest's gotta stop at one point right?" Shadow wasn't slowing down either. "There would be no way we'll be able to get out through this thick canopy. It's either we keep pushing on or turn back. IF we could remember the way we went through that is." Shadow moved behind the mare. The way was getting too narrow for two to fly side by side. As much as he wanted to get out first, he wouldn't risk her life for a sport. "What do you say? Turn back or keep moving? Your call." Shadow took a quick glance back. The path went on and on with no indication of light. That was true for both directions.
Back to top Go down
Blind Side

Blind Side

PostSubject: Re: Let's see how fast you can go.   Let's see how fast you can go. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 11:37 am

"Right. the only question is how far until the path ends?" She wasn't paying attention to who was first anymore. it was getting too dangerous to matter. looking as far forwards as she could, it was apparent that it wasn't getting any safer.making her decision, she faces back to call the race off.

as she does so, her wing hits a tree. she wasn't recovering from this one. her momentum sends her tumbling on the rough path before finally coming to a rest.
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

PostSubject: Re: Let's see how fast you can go.   Let's see how fast you can go. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 11:47 am

The mare looked back, possibly to call off the race but forgot to check where she was going first. "Watch it!" He tried to warn her, but it was a bit late and the mare's wing clipped a tree and sent her tumbling down. Of course, being in close proximity to the mare, he was dragged along for the ride. He closed his wings to minimize the damage as he tumbled down, eventually by hitting a tree trunk with his side he stopped, just missing a sharp rock. Shaking off the pain he ran to check on the mare. "Are you alright?" He asked in genuine worry after seeing that she was still breathing. Her wing hit that tree pretty hard. She'd be lucky if it was just a sprain.
Back to top Go down
Blind Side

Blind Side

PostSubject: Re: Let's see how fast you can go.   Let's see how fast you can go. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 12:19 pm

Dylgo laid there for a while, truthfully not knowing exactly what just happened. all she knew was that they were racing, things were getting dangerous, and now she's unconscious. as she soon began regaining consciousness, she was in a lot of pain and still pretty dazed. one thing she already knew was that she had a lot of scratches and bruises.

"I don't know." she said as she opened her eyes. as she started standing up, she instinctively tried to move her wing, only revealing that it was broken. the jolt of searing pain sent her back down to the ground, tears falling from her eyes. "Ah!" she exclaimed in pain. "I think my wing's broken."
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

PostSubject: Re: Let's see how fast you can go.   Let's see how fast you can go. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 6:27 pm

Just as he feared, the mare had a broken wing. A bit of a good news is that her legs seemed to work fine. Shadow looked around for anything to wrap the broken wing with. Not seeing anything nearby, he wanted to check deeper into the treeline. "Sit tight, I'll go see if I can find something to support that wing. If you can bear it, try to lie down and spread the wing out slowly. I'll be back in a second. Call if you're in trouble."

Shadow went through the thick trees to find some long grass to act as a bandage and perhaps a flat tree bark for the splint. He needed to be quick, he couldn't leave the mare alone for too long.
Back to top Go down
Blind Side

Blind Side

PostSubject: Re: Let's see how fast you can go.   Let's see how fast you can go. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 10:22 pm

"ok." she said, her cheeks still wet. He was right. the wing needed to be spread. If she didn't do it, someone else would have to. taking a deep breath, she prepares herself. as she started to spread her wing, her eyes are forced shut, only a few more tears escaping. after what seemed like way too long, she stops. resting her head on the ground, she breaths heavily from the outpouring of pain.

"jeez I'm stupid." she says to herself. "Why in Equestria didn't I think to call it off sooner?" after checking everything else for injuries, she couldn't help but mentally kick herself for the crash.
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

PostSubject: Re: Let's see how fast you can go.   Let's see how fast you can go. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 3:48 am

Shadow managed to find two strait, thin prices of wood, just the right size for a wing to be sandwiched in between comfortably and it wasn't too heavy. He just needed to find something to act as a bandage. A little further he saw nice sturdy vines hanging down from the canopy above. "This will do nicely." He grabbed hold of some and pulled his hardest but it took a few more tries to get one to snap off.

Deciding he had everything, he retraced his steps back to the other pegasus. Looking at her only made him feel guilty. "How are you holding up?" Shadow gently slid one piece of wood under the wing then put the other one above. He took the vines and snapped a thick piece off and gave it to the mare. "This might sting a bit. You might want to bite on that." Shadow slipped two vines under the pieces of wood. Before he tied the vines to secure the splint, it had come to him that it might get uncomfortable with two hard surfaces pressing against your wing. He bit on the shoulder of his suit and tore off a sleeve, then tore that into two pieces which he tucked between the wing and the two splints to make a softer surface. "Alright, I'm going to tie it now." Shadow tied the two vines to secure the splint, making sure it was just tight enough to hold it in place without the cost of comfort. "Sorry I got you into this."
Back to top Go down
Blind Side

Blind Side

PostSubject: Re: Let's see how fast you can go.   Let's see how fast you can go. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 4:18 am

While waiting, Dylgo looked around at her surroundings. in all reality, the crash should have been a lot worse. there were tall trees she could've broken her ribs on, rocks that could've given her cuts much nastier than the ones she had, and the fall itself could've broken a leg. the tears had stopped for now, at this point. laying on the ground, she looked back at the direction they came from, only just now realizing how far they had really gone. looking her wing, it was pretty ironic. the entire point in coming to Ponyville was to increase her confidence in her flying, and her confidence brought on the crash that broke her wing. That thought actually made her smile a bit if only for a second until the adrenaline wore off.

when the other pegasus returned with the materials, she looked up and twitched her tail to let him know she was ok. "about as ok as I can be at this point." she replied. Her wing was sensitive to the touch, but he was surprisingly gentle. taking the thick material in her mouth, she prepares herself fr another round of pain. it wasn't anything she hadn't felt before until he starting tying the splint. the initial pressure caused just enough pain for a single tear to escape.

With the splint in place, she tries once again to stand. all the pain was taking a toll on her strength. as she tried getting up, her legs were really wobbly, but she succeeded in standing in the end. the crash had left her legs pretty sore. limping over to the other pegasus, she replies to him.

"it's not your fault. I should have paid more attention to where I was going."
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

PostSubject: Re: Let's see how fast you can go.   Let's see how fast you can go. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 10:10 am

Shadow was surprised that the other pegasus had started walking -or rather, limping- towards him. "You sure are a strong one." He said in admiration. In his mind he gritted his teeth, imagining the pain standing alone could have caused. He had his fair share of crashes and broken bones and he knew exactly how those felt. Maybe the injury hadn't been that damaging as he thought after all.

She limped to him just to reassure him that the crash wasn't his fault. He didn't buy that. With a gentle tone, he turned down the reassurance, insisting it was his fault. "I'm sorry. But since I'm the one who challenged you to this race, it makes me responsible for the accident."

Shadow looked around his surroundings for a while. "Why don't you take a rest? I'll keep watch till the sun rises, then we can hopefully get you back to town." He let his voice slip into his natural tone by accident and hoped she didn't ask any questions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's see how fast you can go.   Let's see how fast you can go. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's see how fast you can go.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP :: Equestria :: Ponyville :: Whitetail Wood-
Jump to: