My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Drowning thy sorrows

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mcewanman

mcewanman

Drowning thy sorrows Empty
PostSubject: Drowning thy sorrows   Drowning thy sorrows I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 7:48 pm

Shy Smiles sat at the back of the tavern, nursing a cider. As usual, he was wondering what he should paint or draw next. He was thinking of diversifying into more real things- maybe do a painting of some parts of the town. There are a good few sites to do. There's also canterlot. He wondered what a painting of that mountain it was on would look like. He'd need to capture the majesty of the mountain. Then again, most of these idiots would lap it up like good little sheep.

And he felt it again. Something that had been burning in him daily. Loneliness. Since when did he care about that? He couldn't stand anypony. That was why he never spoke to them- he hated every single one. Yet, when he looked at mares, at times he felt like hugging somepony. When he saw somepony crying in the street he actually felt..... Sympathy? Normally, he would've just ignored them or tell them to shut up, but he actually felt like comforting that filly. He didn't though. He left her.

Did this make him a bad pony? He had never seen himself as bad, just.....isolated. But he felt remorse. And how would Dad react?

'Son, I know I ain't yer biological dad, but I love ya anyeay, and I sure as hay know you can be the nicest, kindest pony I've ever seen.'

Heh. Good ol' dad. Never learned where he got the southern accent from. Still, was Dad wrong? He was never that kind. Maybe when he was younger, but that was before School. He sighed and took a swig of his cider .
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Drowning thy sorrows   Drowning thy sorrows I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 8:01 pm

Red Harvest has never been in the Tavern before. Mostly because he was too young to drink. He knew they served non-alcoholic drinks, but it just felt odd. Being around a bunch of grown ponies who were drinking cider and loads of crazy beverages, while he would be sipping something ordinary and plain, that resembled something childish. But he was told by some odd stallion by the marketplace where he sold his corn to deliver a message to a mare that would most likely be hanging out in the Tavern. He was paid 50 bits to start, and would be paid 50 more when he returned. So, he took it without a second thought

He trotted in, the place was a bit filled. He saw the mare that the mysterious stallion described to him, and delivered the message. As he was leaving, he saw another stallion sitting in the back, drinking by himself. He seemed a bit upset. Maybe Red could cheer him up? He was always happy. Even when his mom left a few years ago, leaving the farm all to himself. He stood in front of the pony.

"Hello mister. Mind if I sit next to you? If it's no trouble, of course"
Back to top Go down
Gabrial Heart-Sheild

Gabrial Heart-Sheild

PostSubject: Re: Drowning thy sorrows   Drowning thy sorrows I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 8:17 pm

Gabrial walked slowly into the Tavern, His mind heavy with all that he had done in the last few months, Manehattan was covered in criminals, a lot who had high connections, making a few of the higher levels.. “Untouchable” Gabrial looks to the keeper and asks for a cider, and to leave the bottle, He then placed his coins on the table, and then looks to a upset looking stallion, and another asking to sit with him, Gabrial decided he didn’t want to drink alone, and walks to the table, his bottle and glass full, and says, “Gentlecolts May I join you, The names Gabrial.” He shakes the bottle as a peace offering and places it on the table and hopes this was enough to allow him to sit with them. He looked from the cobalt colt, who seemed to have some personal Demons in his eyes, and to the Red colt, who seemed to be a nice enough gent.
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

PostSubject: Re: Drowning thy sorrows   Drowning thy sorrows I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 8:29 pm

Shy groaned inwardly. The same routine- a couple of ponies feel sympathetic, so they sit next to him and try to be friends. He did his usual response- he pretended they weren't there. He kept drinking the cider , not even making eye contact or uttering a word.

Looking at them, he decided to do an analysis for a laugh. Firstly, the red one. He was a teenage colt- not quite a stallion yet. What the hay was he doing in a tavern? It was bad enough he had to put up with the fully grown ponies in here, but know foals were allowed too?

The second one seemed older, albeit a lot more haggard. He would definitely need a drink. Shy didn't recognise him. While he avoided everypony, Shy could still recognise then, and he didn't remember seeing this one around. He'd seen the teen around though. He was a farmer or something, wasn't he?

He got back to planning. Yeah, the mountain would be good. After that Manehatten exhibition, he had made a decent name for himself. The best part was he didn't really need to talk. He pretended he was a mute who could still paint, so he got to sell his art without bring questioned.
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Drowning thy sorrows   Drowning thy sorrows I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 8:39 pm

Red looked at the pony drinking. He clearly didn't want any attention. Red felt a bit down because of that. But he can understand. He's met shy ponies before. He just wanted to have a bit of interaction, maybe lift his spirits.

"Oh, um... I'll just leave you alone then. Sorry for bothering you, mister."

He felt a bit hurt. He wasn't usually ignored like that. Then he saw another stallion. He seemed a lot more friendly than the other one. He still looked like he could use some socializing

"Hi sir. My name's Red Harvest."

Back to top Go down
Gabrial Heart-Sheild

Gabrial Heart-Sheild

PostSubject: Re: Drowning thy sorrows   Drowning thy sorrows I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 10:59 pm

Gabrial raised a eyebrow to the silent colt but sat next to him anyway, weather he felt like speaking or not was his choice, and should be respected for it, if he wanted to talk he would, but only on his own terms, he then looked to the younger colt, and smiles,” Well hello Red Harvest, I’m Gabrial Heart-Sheild, how long you’ve been in Ponyville?” He then pours a small glass and eyes the young colt,” you old enough for cider yet?” He drinks from his own glass, the newly pour one hovering with magic.
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

PostSubject: Re: Drowning thy sorrows   Drowning thy sorrows I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 6:56 pm

Shy refilled his mug, and kept drinking. They'd go away eventually. Everypony does.

There it was again. That need for companionship. Why? He didn't need anypony. He was earning a good living off his art, he bought food from the shops and paid his bills through letter. He thought he had made it clear to everypony that he didn't want to be contacted in any way, shape or form, yet here were these idiots trying to be friendly.

His heart pined. Was it simply the need for a mare? That would make sense. Most ponies have a special somepony, so he supposed it was just hie subconscious going all primal on him. He sighed, and continued drinking, not even making eye contact.
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Drowning thy sorrows   Drowning thy sorrows I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 10:05 pm

Red looked at the friendlier stallion. He seemed a lot nicer than the one he tried to talk to at first. His muscles were a bit sore, and there was still an open seat. But he hated being a bother. But the other stallion sat regardless, so he sat with him.

"I've lived in Ponyville my entire life. I've been around, but I really only went to Canterlot to sell my crops." He looked over at the shy pony. "And thanks for having some open seats. Working a farm all by yourself is a real strain."

The stallion offered him some cider. He knew it was alcoholic. But, he could feel like a real stallion. And he was close enough to the drinking age. He thought to himself, why not?

"I am old enough, Gabrial." He took the glass and took a sip. It tasted... weird. How do older ponies enjoy this stuff? Regardless, he drank with the other two. You could tell he didn't enjoy it all too much. You could see the look of disgust in his face. I guess cider isn't for everypony. Especially if they're too young to drink it in the first place
Back to top Go down
Gabrial Heart-Sheild

Gabrial Heart-Sheild

PostSubject: Re: Drowning thy sorrows   Drowning thy sorrows I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:14 pm

Gabrial couldent help but smile, as Red took a sip of cider, he chuckles, speaking with a light tone,” Red Would you like anything else? Water? Pop? I only ask because I couldent help but notice you don’t seem to take really well to cider..” Gabrial chuckles again as he places his bits on the table, being a guard for Manehattan Paid well, but the danger was much greater. He then looks to the other stallion, and couldent help but say, “Sir, if you need a refill of cider, help yourself, I certainly cant drink all of this on my own..” Gabrial then looks back to Red and says, “ You work a farm on your own? Don’t you have any Kin to help you? I thought my life as a guard in Manehattan was a hard lot..” Gabrial respected this farmer, his lot in life was hard, and honest, and this Silent Stallion, these were citizens he worked hard to protect. Gabrial sips from his glass, hoping something would get this silent one to speak, no one should be completely alone..
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

PostSubject: Re: Drowning thy sorrows   Drowning thy sorrows I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 7:36 pm

"......thanks."
Shy took the cider. He very rarely spoke to anypony, so this was quite a big thing to actually utter a word. At least some ponies behaved half decently. Still, he couldn't let his guard down. This stallion could be up to something- he could be trying to catch Shy vulnerable, then BAM! Smack in the face. Of course it was a nice gesture he supposed.

There were two reasons Shy never talked. Foremost, it was that all these ponies were insensitive, shallow cretins. Each one ignorant and incredibly stupid. Shy had learned that in school. And they say the education systen's going to Tartarus. But secondly..... He had no clue. There was always this feeling, holding him back.

Dread.

They all were judging him. Mocking him. Waiting for him to slip up in the slightest then humiliate him for all to see. So, was it his hate or his fear that held him back? He couldn't tell. To be honest, he didn't care. He would finish his drink, leave and then forget about this pair forever. Nice and easy.
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Drowning thy sorrows   Drowning thy sorrows I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 7:45 pm

Red looked at Gabe. He knew he wasn't enjoying the cider. I think they all do. But he was offered water and soda, more childish drinks. He didn't want to feel like a kid anymore.

"No no, I'm fine." He finished the glass. It tasted terrible. He almost wanted to throw up. He was also a bit dizzy. Maybe he was drunk already? He didn't want to look like a lightweight or a child, so he just ignored the feelings. And he certainly wouldn't drink anything else. At least for right now.

"Well, I used to have help. Ya see, my daddy left before I was born, so it was just me and my mamma. I think she couldn't handle it all, taking care of a child and working a farm all by herself, and left a few years ago. I think she went to Cloudsdale. I never really had time to go and look. Now I work the farm all on my own. It is tough. But I get the pride knowing I can do this all on my own. Only problems are I can't, or couldn't really go to school. Too busy working, which is the second issue. Too much back breaking work..." His smile reappeared. "But enough of my sob stories. Tell me about yourself."
Back to top Go down
Gabrial Heart-Sheild

Gabrial Heart-Sheild

PostSubject: Re: Drowning thy sorrows   Drowning thy sorrows I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 11:00 pm

Gabrial smiles as the silent one finally spoke, He then speaks, “Ahh... there we go, Sir, no need to be silent, youre among friends, why don’t you tell us your story?” Gabrial heard Red’s story and frowns, and closes his eyes, only able to imagine the hardships this poor young stallion has suffered, only to be able to smile, Gabrial opens his eyes, and says,” Well… My story is different… I come from a family of guards; my fore-fathers worked themselves to serve Canterlot, each making a name for themselves. My Father…” Gabrial sighs and continues, “My father Robert Iron-Plate was a great guard, he was noticed even by the Royal Guard, and was given a station of high importance. This made getting my proper training much harder, for everyone expected me to be like him, able to fight with natural talent and that such. Well… I failed to meet expectations, so I left Canterlot hoping to make a name for myself, No longer hiding beneath the shadow of my father, so I came to here to Ponyville for a week or two, and I felt the call of justice somewhere else, so then I transferred to Manehattan and.. Well I learned much there.” Gabrial finished his glass, and sighs with a little content,” Plenty of art there though, the power an artist is both awe inspiring, and terrifying.” Gabrial then looks to Red and smiles and orders some water for him and the rest to help with the Alcohol, he also orders some bread for the table, and paid for them with a smile.
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

PostSubject: Re: Drowning thy sorrows   Drowning thy sorrows I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 5:49 am

"I'd rather not."
These ponies had some pretty miserable stories. Shy felt his was sadder but he didn't want to judge. He got some more cider and kept drinking in silence half listening to the other two talk.

Wait, art? This pony had an interest? All ponies Shy had met who had an Interest were the snobby upper class lot. They laid well for his art, but he had still punched a few for annoying him.

Most of the simpletons in this town either didn't care or didn't understand art. He had heard a couple of 'that doesn't look real' from the particularly dim ones. It wasn't meant to look real, he does it abstract, and even them if he does it more like life he still takes some artistic liscense. Honestly.

Shy paused for breath and realised he had said all that aloud.
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Drowning thy sorrows   Drowning thy sorrows I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 6:37 pm

Red heard Gabe's story. Much more interesting than his. Who cares about a farm boy who's parents ran out on him? Probably a couple ponies, but compared to Gabe's story, it meant nothing. Then he saw Gabe order water for him. He didn't want to drink it at all. He didn't want to seem like the child. Especially not here. When the water came, he just pushed it back. He refused to look like a kid or a lightweight. Neither of those belong in the Tavern.

Red looked over, hearing the quiet one talking to himself. Some of the things he said were pretty hurtful and rude. But he could see where he was coming from. "An artist, huh? Mind if I could see some of your work? I mean, only if you want me to. I don't want to seem like one of those 'simpletons' or the upper class ponies you mentioned. And, sorry in advance if I do. I hardly ever get to admire art."
Back to top Go down
Gabrial Heart-Sheild

Gabrial Heart-Sheild

PostSubject: Re: Drowning thy sorrows   Drowning thy sorrows I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 11:17 am

Gabrial couldn’t help but cough little bit, the first time the silent one gives a statement, and its one insulting a rather large number of ponies, and not only that, in a town where these so-called “simpletons” where around. Gabrial sighs and sips from another glass of water, and then looks to Red,” Red, a Stallion isn’t defined by, by drinking, but by following his heart, and doing what is right, if you don’t like Cider, there is no issue, and you won’t lose face with me.” Gabrial smiles to this Silent one, and smiles,” Sir, you need not judge a book by its cover, for you may find the pages to be a different way than the cover portrays.” Gabrial smiles, and sips his cider, “You wield the power to convey emotions deeper than a lot understand, whale some say they don’t understand, it isn’t the artist, or the art, but the emotions it raises, it is the same for the musicians they can cause a pony, if the proper mood is set, bring one down to tears or inspire others to explore their own talents, Art is a more physical manifestation of such, Its just taking the time, to allow others to see what they see.” Gabrial smiles as Red wanted to see such art, this had to prove that not all books should be judged by the cover, Red was a good colt, he had a hard life, one that could have made many bitter, angry drunks, but this one… he keeps going, throwing up an air of positivity, this only inspires Gabrial, to work twice as hard to bring peace to Equestria.
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

PostSubject: Re: Drowning thy sorrows   Drowning thy sorrows I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 8:47 pm

"Well.... I am doing well art wise. I've had a few exhibitions. One in canterlot, two in manehatten. I guess I could show you two some, but I really don't feel comfortable with that."

This was the most Shy had talked in years.. Then again, speaking at all was more. He had half hoped he'd gone mute, then he would've had an excuse not to talk to these idiots. Still, the older one seemed at least insightful. And the younger one was innocent enough.

"Look, I don't mean to be a drag but I'd rather be left on my own for now. I'm not really in a speaking mood."

At least he was polite, which was more than could be said about most of his conversations.
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Drowning thy sorrows   Drowning thy sorrows I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 8:59 pm

Red looked at Gabe, not with disgust, humiliation, or anger this time. He looked at him with a big smile. He never thought anypony would say drinking doesn't make you a stallion. He sounded very deep and philosophical and kind. The last one is something they had in common. Kindness. He pulled the water back and drank the whole glass. He really needed the taste of Cider out of his mouth. It was dreadful.

"Thank you mister Gabe."

Shy didn't want to have a conversation, sadly. Red was really looking forward to it. Oh well, he didn't want to force him. He was too nice. "Alright mister Shy. If you don't wanna talk, that's fine. Besides, my rambling will take away time from your artwork." It was true. Him talking would just deviate from Shy completing possibly the greatest painting anypony has ever seen. So he just decided to keep his mouth shut
Back to top Go down
Gabrial Heart-Sheild

Gabrial Heart-Sheild

PostSubject: Re: Drowning thy sorrows   Drowning thy sorrows I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 11:19 pm

Gabrial smiled at the Silent one, and nods his head, “Sir, there is no need to appolgize, I wouldent ever ask you to do anything youre not comfortable with, as for you not bing in the talking mood, more power to you, but should you find yourself in Manehattan look me up, theres always a cot open,” He then looks to Red,” Red no need to thank me for anything, your well on your way to being a very good hearted Stallion and , should you ever also find yourself in Manehattan, or should need aid of anyway, you both can count upon me.” Gabrial smiles and holds out the bread for the other two, hoping he wouldnet have to eat it all by himself.
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

PostSubject: Re: Drowning thy sorrows   Drowning thy sorrows I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 6:20 pm

"Well.... Thank you. It's nice to see somepony who is neither oblivious nor begging to be acknowledged."

Shy took a bit of bread and handed the other to Harvest. He had noticed the teenaged colt looking at him strangely. Did they normally do that? All Shy remembered doing when he was that age was... Huh. He couldn't remember much. He did know that he wasn't exactly happy. He probably repressed a few memories. He decided to be a bit nicer to the colt- he had done Shy no wrong.

"Well.... I wouldn't put it that way Red. And anyway, I didn't mean to say it all aloud like that. Those thoughts you keep locked up, you know?"

He took another mug of cider.

"Look you two, I don't want you to think I have anything against you. I'm simply an introvert for reasons I'd rather not go into detail over. I'm not usually one for talk, so if I seem a bit....distant, please don't feel like I'm ostracising you. I'm just like that."
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Drowning thy sorrows   Drowning thy sorrows I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 12:43 pm

Red gladly accepted the bread. He was getting a bit hungry. And he sold all of his corn today. And he was working all day so he forgot to pick up some food or stop by his house to eat something. These stallions were very nice. He really liked them. Gabrial was even nicer than Red. He said he was going to be a good hearted stallion, which really means a lot to him considering his dad ran out before he was born, and that he would help him if he ever decided to go to Manehattan.

"Wow, thanks Gabrial. You must really like us, or be a very good pony." Red was going to take another bite out of his bread, but he didn't realize how hungry he was and ate it already, and accidentally bit his hoof. He shook it off, and sat back, stretching his wings. They didn't get much use. That was one thing he inherited from his father. He's more Earth Pony than Pegasus.

"Oh, no problem mister Shy. If you want me to leave you alone, you can just ask. I'd hate to annoy a good pony like yourself."
Back to top Go down
Gabrial Heart-Sheild

Gabrial Heart-Sheild

PostSubject: Re: Drowning thy sorrows   Drowning thy sorrows I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 8:38 pm

Gabrial laughs and shakes his head, “Both Red, but to behonnest I like to think Im a good Pony, but I know I just treat others as I would want to be treated, If others are crule, then be the one pony to show kindness, let them know you have a firend in them.” Gabrial sips his water, and eats some bread and looks to Shy, and smiles and nods “Sir, I do not take any offence, but know you have a friend in me, and I do also belive in Red, as for the details of your past, It dose not change my opion of you, youre a good person, it is there in your eyes..” Gabrial smiles, he liked to think the best of others, he had to belive that any and everypony is capable of great good, and as such he did everything he could to give others opportunity to shine.
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

PostSubject: Re: Drowning thy sorrows   Drowning thy sorrows I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 5:45 am

Shy simply raised an eyebrow. Sure, most ponies would have found this display charming and nice and lovely and all that, but this was discomfortingly friendly. He was starting to get a little suspicious. Was this a new tactic of theirs to try and get him to open up? Wasn't gonna work. Still, benefit of the doubt.

"Well....thanks, I suppose. And red, you aren't annoying me. I'm just distant."

He wondered about these two. He had some idea about Red. Never went to school as he was working on a farm. Parents dead or something like that. However, this Gabrial was a complete mystery. Probably from somewhere else. Shy decided to just keep quiet and watch what develops. He continued with his cider.
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Drowning thy sorrows   Drowning thy sorrows I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 1:29 am

Red Harvest just sat back with his bitten hoof, chuckling at himself for making such a silly mistake. He noticed Shy wasn't taking too the friendliness as well as most ponies did. Oh well, can't win them all, I suppose. He still seemed nice enough. Instead of responding verbally, he turned back to Gabrial to talk to him instead. He grabbed another slice of bread. Hopefully he would pay attention when he ate this one.

"You believe in me? Well, thanks... Hey, I heard you mention you were a guard. Has anything really interesting happened when you were on duty? Is that what they call it when you're working? On duty? I just wanna make sure. Haven't seen many guards before, since I'm mostly in Ponyville. But anyway, what is something cool that's happened?"

He could feel Shy observing him, trying to analyze him. Well there wasn't anything about red Harvest that he couldn't tell. If anypony wanted to know, they could just ask. He hated keeping secrets, or being mysterious. It just wasn't his thing
Back to top Go down
Gabrial Heart-Sheild

Gabrial Heart-Sheild

PostSubject: Re: Drowning thy sorrows   Drowning thy sorrows I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 12:39 am

Gabrial couldn’t help but smile, as inwardly his whole being shook, his first day as a Guard for Manehattan… was… well to anyone who was less than 100% committed to protecting the citizens of Equestria would have backed down, but Gabrial’s eye twitched as he spoke a bit of his first day, Sparing Red from the more gruesome parts, but he was frank in his position that he felt that if he had “taken down” the other Unicorn the others would have more than likely ran away, but he showed weakness, no… he showed fear,” I… I don’t know why I couldn’t act... I just froze, but deep down, I think it was the best… For one who can kill without a second thought is a pony I fear to meet, for May Celestia protect us all, for that pony would believe they have the right to pass final judgment like that upon another. Me I would rather have my fellow ponies judge me for my actions, not a single one who has a sword, knife, what have you, but what honestly keeps me going each day, are pony folk like you Red, and you Sir.” He motions with his hoof to both, and smiles, “Well… That and the hope of getting DJ-Pon3 tickets.” Gabrial laughs and sips more water, and looks to red, which seemed a little in pain, and pulls forth a small vial, and smiles, the label on the bottle, reading “Weak pain reliever” and nods to Red.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drowning thy sorrows   Drowning thy sorrows I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drowning thy sorrows
Page 1 of 1