My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Street preforming(open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cloud Twister

Street preforming(open) Empty
PostSubject: Street preforming(open)   Street preforming(open) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 2:08 am

Jazzin' sat in the middle of the marketplace, her muscles tense and eyes worried. Of course no pony would probably notice that because her eyes were pinned on to the ground as if there was treasure under her. Her saxophone floated next to her. She had been planning on playing here to try and get a gig at one of the nearby place, but now that she was here her nerves were getting to her? What if she didn't land a gig? What if she didn't even get charity? She thought glancing at her open saxophone case placed in front of her.

Most importantly what if everypony didn't like her music. Her mouth suddenly felt way to dry to play. She glanced around as if expecting a friendly face even though this was probably the third time she had even passed through town, her first playing here. She floated the saxophone closer to her mouth, building her courage bit by bit, determined to at least try and get enough money for dinner and maybe a place to stay.

She finally began to play a nice, slightly upbeat song with a nice swing to it. Jazzy, well, maybe a bit more funky. Hey, her name didn't keep her from every other genre it just marked her favorite. But this was what had popped into her mind to play. Her eyes were closed until the end of the song. She practically winced as it ended and slowly opened her eyes to see if she had caught anypony's attention.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Street preforming(open)   Street preforming(open) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 12:49 am

Thunderclap stopped as he heard the music play. He turned, half expecting to see Arpeggio, but instead saw a unicorn. Playing a saxophone. Always one to be interested in music, he stopped and listened. "Not bad." He thought to himself, "Dad would like her."

He sat in front of her and listened to the song. His tail waved back and forth to the beat of the music. Once the unicorn was finished her song, Thunderclap bean to applaud. "Well, you aren't half bad." He said. He approached her, "My name is Thunderclap, and I appreciate great music like yours."
Back to top Go down
Cloud Twister

PostSubject: Re: Street preforming(open)   Street preforming(open) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 1:50 am

Jazzin' was almost surprised. She had been so sure no one was going to pay any attention to her. She smiled brightly at the stallion. She floated her case over and carefully laid her instrument in it so she could talk without levitating it the entire time. "Well thank you." she said happily. She loved when people complimented her playing almost as much as the applause. It was a nice confidence booster, especially when it wasn't a job.

"My named is Jazzin'. Jazzin' Blues." as she finished disassembling the horn and setting it in the case the deep yellow color shining from her horn faded and she sat down. "Though I think 'great' is a bit of an exaggeration. At least until I actually start becoming even a bit known." she added. Humility was an important thing to keep when you didn't have anything to your name. Even if she would rather talk about all the things she did right and could have done better at. "So Thunderclap, where are you from? or what do you do?"
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Street preforming(open)   Street preforming(open) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 4:20 pm

Thunderclap sighed. Ponies usually avoided him after he answered these questions. "Well, I am from a small farming community. So small it doesn't even show up on some maps. It is called Bridlewood." He said. "As for way I do, well, I used to be part of the weather team, but I had to leave because of personal issues. I have not had a job since." He said. It showed. Thunder's mane and tail were unkempt and tangled, and he had several cuts and bruises on his body. "And I assume you are a musician." He said, trying to change the subject.
Back to top Go down
Cloud Twister

PostSubject: Re: Street preforming(open)   Street preforming(open) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 9:44 pm

A farming community? Sounded fun, hard, but fun. Of course she wasn't really built for hard work, her slim figure also made her pretty flimsy. Not much of a work horse at all. Heck, she couldn't even lift all to much with her magic. Just enough to play a few instruments. Of course, this pony's personal issues alone looked like enough to kill her. All those cuts and scrapes. She nearly winced at them, but fought off the urge to. She didn't want to offend the guy.

"Well, not officially. I'm more of a traveler right now, I'm trying to get into a college in Canterlot you see, but my family doesn't have the bits, so, here I am." she said with a shrug. "But I do my best. Not easy, not everypony likes my sound." she chuckled. If only she could get an actual gig and get a steady income. Of course, that would take the fun out of everything. Maybe it was better to just keep going along as she was.

"So, do you play any music or are you just a listener." she continued, stepping towards the stallion while moving her case to her side. She was always trying to meet new musicians or at least get some constructive criticism. "Do you like jazz?"
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Street preforming(open)   Street preforming(open) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 11:41 pm

Thunder smiled. "Well, my father taught me how to play the violin. I am not not very good at it, but he was amazing. Wasn't even his special talent or anything, just something he did in his spare time." Thunderclap said. "And I adore jazz music. And swing. They both just got such a good rhythm. I love it."

"So, you wanna go get a drink or something. I wouldn't mind talking to you some more." Thunder said, hoping that he would make a friend.
Back to top Go down
Cloud Twister

PostSubject: Re: Street preforming(open)   Street preforming(open) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 11:28 pm

"Oh the violin? I've played around with it before, it doesn't really work in my music most of the time." she explained "The tone is rich enough, but the cello and double bass just sound more natural, though they are harder to lift." she continued. Jazzin' couldn't help but smile. "I know what you mean, well of course I do, but...yeah. They do have rhythm. My parents almost named me that actually."

A drink? Well, she didn't 'drink' though she had once downed a few magical drinks. That had been, er, interesting. "Sure! I'd love that." she said, lifting a strap around herself and attaching her case to it. It was tiring to keep using magic while walk and talking. "I'm not from around here, you know any good places to go?"

Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Street preforming(open)   Street preforming(open) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 12:03 am

Thunder smiled. "Great! There is a tavern not too far from here, we can stop there for something." He said, and started walking off. "C'mon! Follow me!" He said. He flew, only a foot off the ground towards the tavern.

"So tell me about yourself?" Asked Thunder. "Where do you come from?" He said. "Unless, of course, thats being to nosy."
Back to top Go down
Cloud Twister

PostSubject: Re: Street preforming(open)   Street preforming(open) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 3:02 am

A tavern? She wondered if they would like a musician for a night or two, she could use the money. But then again a tavern might not really be her scene. She wasn't terrific with requests. She had learned early on that ponies really didn't like it when you didn't know their favorite song. She had even gone through the trouble of learning a ton of modern songs, but then she realized most requests weren't modern and had given up.

Jazzin' followed the pegasus, watching him as he flew. Seemed fun, maybe not as useful as magic, but way more fun. "Canterlot, well, just outside it. Not rich though, just 'good' at music." She said, trotting after him. She wasn't really sure where to stand when somepony was flying, next to them? In front of them? Behind them? Underneath? "I, uh, I'm trying to get into music college, I said that right?" she added "I specialize in jazz instruments but I can play a bunch of them. Um, that's about it."
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Street preforming(open)   Street preforming(open) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 3:15 am

Thunder nodded. "Canterlot sounds nice. I always wanted to visit it, but have the feeling the upper class ponies wouldn't accept a poor, riff raff like me." He said. Noticing the unicorn was having a bit of an awkward time deciding where to walk, he landed and motioned her to stand beside him. "So where are you staying while in town? No matter where you are staying, I bet it is better than my accommodations." He said, chuckling.
Back to top Go down
Cloud Twister

PostSubject: Re: Street preforming(open)   Street preforming(open) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 7:23 pm

"It's fine, but...yeah the ponies there can get sorta snooty." She smiled as he landed an trotted up next to him. "Not too many pegasi up in Canterlot. Not one's that want to hang out with me at least." she chuckled "So I'm not used to hanging with airborne people" She added. Sure she had met a lot of pegasi. But traveling didn't leave a ton of time for talking to anypony, especially when she spent most her time looking for a gig or somewhere to stay.

"You'd be wrong. Unless I get a job some time today, I'm staying on the street somewhere. I guess I could ask around for some stuff to make a tent...I should probably just have one of those." She said, it really would be a good investment. She needed somewhere after all. A nice portable tent would be great. She briefly wondered if there was a spell for that. Probably not, she couldn't summon things all to well anyways. "So, you live in town I'm guessing?"
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Street preforming(open)   Street preforming(open) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 10:55 pm

"Well, you have a pegasus who wants to hang out with you now." Said Thunder, smiling. "And I'm not really used to hanging out with airborne ponies either. Most ponies in my old village were Earth ponies." He said.

Thunder lit up. "Ya, I live in town. But, like you, I have no home. I used to live with a stallion, but complications arose, and I was kicked out. I sleep on a mat in a sleeping bag, using my flight to keep myself from being rained on. If you want, you can stay near me, I'll keep us dry. I can help invest in a tent we could use, or just you if you want your privacy." He suggested.
Back to top Go down
Cloud Twister

PostSubject: Re: Street preforming(open)   Street preforming(open) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 10:16 pm

"Thanks." she said, returning his smile. "and...really, I thought most pegasi lived in Cloudsdale or just...went there or something." of course, she wasn't really an expert on pegasi or anypony but the typical Canterlot types. Before leaving she had barely been anywhere and anywhere she had gone she hadn't gone for long. Heck, even now she was traveling from town to town so fast she hadn't really gotten to know anypony.

"I'll stay near ya, but I probably will be leaving town soon so I'll keep saving up for my own." she said hoping she didn't sound mean "Thanks for the offer though. It's appreciated. I just need to keep on the move...I think" she added laughing. She had no idea what she was doing. "I should probably learn some spell to repel rain or something, I swear all I can do with magic is play." Jazzin' sighed.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Street preforming(open)   Street preforming(open) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:56 pm

Thunder frowned slightly, "Well darn, and I thought I just found myself a friend." He said, "Oh well, if you need to leave, then you need to leave. Don't let me stop you." Thunderclap then began to laugh, "Ya, well, I'm not one of those pegasi. I feel perfectly comfortable with my hooves planted firmly on the ground."

"Well, at least its better than not being able to do any magic." Thunderclap said, pointing at his head. "Then again, something tells me if I had magic, I would be very, very lazy."
Back to top Go down
Cloud Twister

PostSubject: Re: Street preforming(open)   Street preforming(open) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 9:35 pm

Jazzin' frowned with the poor pegasus "Sorry, but I'm sure somepony'll be your friend. You seem nice enough." she said reassuringly. Somepony else would surely see this stallion as friendly as she was right? "I'll see how long I can stick around though, if you want me to."

"It does make it easy to be lazy, but only if you're good at it and it takes a lot of work to be good at it. But moving things is pretty easy. Guess that's why I'm so...flimsy" Jazzin lifted one of her legs, they were pretty thin for, well, anypony really. "The only exercise I get is walking from town to town. Guess I might actually grow some muscle if I ate enough"

Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Street preforming(open)   Street preforming(open) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 11:10 pm

"Well, however long you wanna stay, thats fine with me. I could use the company." He said, continuing to walk. "Besides, I don't think a lot of ponies around here want to be my friend anyway." He said quietly.

"Ya, I would just use magic to solve all of my problems. Never do anything for myself. I would grow fat, just using magic to shovel ice cream into my mouth." He said, then began to laugh. "hoo boy, that would be the day." He said. "And we both need something to eat. How bout I treat you t something. I don't have much, but I can get you something."
Back to top Go down
Cloud Twister

PostSubject: Re: Street preforming(open)   Street preforming(open) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 11:30 pm

"I'm sure somepony in town would live to know you...unless you've been way worse than you're letting on." she said, adding the last part in with a joking tone. He didn't seem anywhere near that bad. She was honestly surpassed somepony hadn't picked him up off the streets. Of course, she had also assumed pegasi could make their own houses out of clouds. Maybe social issues weren't her forte.

"Trust me, it's bit that easy, as a filly I had to practice for days to figure out how it works." Jazzin' never had been the best at magic. Unless it included magic. She could play several instruments, even at the same time, but when it came to spells she had crashed and burned. "I couldn't ask you to do that for me. Especially since we just met." she replied. Her eyes were wide with surprise, she wasn't used to being offered charity. Sure she got hand outs, but that was usually for her playing. It was sorta surprising to get it from someone in her situation "I'm sure I have enough money for...something." she said reassuringly.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Street preforming(open)   Street preforming(open) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 8:45 pm

Thunder nodded, "Well, maybe some pony will eventually. I actually have a place set up, but I'm not sure if it is the right idea to stay there." Thunderclap said, remembering the letter he received not too long ago. "But hey, I'm a big pony. I can look after myself." He said, chuckling.

"You sure you don't want me to pay? It's no problem." He said. "Besides, I'm sure a pretty mare like you should be used to stallions wanting to buy you stuff." He said. "But if you're sure, then you're sure. i won't push you."
Back to top Go down
Cloud Twister

PostSubject: Re: Street preforming(open)   Street preforming(open) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 7:57 pm

"Oh? Why not?" a place set up? Why would he choose to stay homeless? Though she guessed it wasn't quite as big a problem for pegasi to stay warm and dry as it was for her. Still, a house seemed like it made more sense. "I bet you can." she replied, chuckling. "I'm just....flimsy." she said, holding up one of her thin arms.

"Im sure I don't, it wouldn't feel right." she said confidently. She blushed as he commented on her relationship with stallions. But thanks to her black coat it was barely visible. "Erm...never before actually. Not by anyone that I haven't known for a while." she said with a shrug. "You're the first I guess." she chuckled.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Street preforming(open)   Street preforming(open) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 11:53 pm

Thunder sighed. "I have my reasons. Its a family related issue. I'd rather not talk about it." He sad glumly. He shook his head, trying to forget about the issue for the time being. "Well, if you ever need help living out in the sticks, just let me know. I've been doing it for quite a while, so I know a thing or two."

"Really, not a single stallion? Well that just makes me a gentlecolt. Or maybe they just can't see what they're missing." He said. They soon arrived at the tavern. Thunder opened the door. "After you," He said.
Back to top Go down
Cloud Twister

PostSubject: Re: Street preforming(open)   Street preforming(open) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 5:25 pm

"Oh...okay, sorry for bringing it up." she was a bit unsure of how to react to what he said. "Oh, uh, thanks. But I think I've got the basics down." it had taken a while but she had gotten used to sleeping without covers or being warm. Though she still couldn't sleep in the rain.

"Umm. No, not one. I'm pretty sure you're just being a gentlecolt. I'm not the best looker or too interesting really." she said "That's part of the reason for leaving home. Other than trying to gather up some money of course." she added. She held in a giggle as he opened the door for her "Thank you..sir" she gave a half-hearted curtsy. She then walked into the tavern and gave a look around.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Street preforming(open)   Street preforming(open) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:33 pm

"Its ok. You did not know. Besides, my housing isn't that big of a deal." He said. "Well, if you ever need some pony to bust up some storm clouds, just look for me." He said, and chuckled. "And I have some covers and blankets, if you need them."

"Well, I guess its in my blood to be a gentle colt. You should meet my grandfather. He was quite the one for manners." He said. His mind wandered elsewhere for a moment. To his grandfather. He shook his head. "Well, I think you look quite pretty. But what do I know?" He said, laughing.
Back to top Go down
Cloud Twister

PostSubject: Re: Street preforming(open)   Street preforming(open) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 9:52 am

"I'll be sure to remember that." she said, making a mental note to check the sky when she left the building. "Really, you're too kind. I'll be fine. I've been doing this for, well, not long but I've been living outside long enough to keep warm." this was only half true. She knew what she was doing, she just didn't know how to keep warm. But she'd fix that when she got her tent. No need to mooch off this stallion.

"Well he definitely rubbed off on you then." she added, about his grandfather. "-and...thanks. I appreciate it." he really was a gentlecolt. "So what's good to eat here?"
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Street preforming(open)   Street preforming(open) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 4:01 am

Thunder smiled. "In my opinion, there is no such thing as too kind. And like I say, if the weather is keeping you from sleeping, you just need to come find me, ok?" He said, and laughed.

"Well, I never knew my grandfather very well. I only met him once or twice." Thunder said, his smiled disappearing quickly. "But enough of that. I personally recommend their salads. Quite delicious for an affordable price."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Street preforming(open)   Street preforming(open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Street preforming(open)
Page 1 of 1