My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A New Home - Let's get a job!

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kid

Kid

A New Home - Let's get a job! Empty
PostSubject: A New Home - Let's get a job!   A New Home - Let's get a job! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 8:38 am

Kid trotted around the marketplace looking for anypony who was hiring. Already have being rejected from getting a job at 5 of the stalls there. Being young stunk, nopony thinks that you're mature enough to handle the job. Even worse is when they think you just walked up to them to ask for help finding your mother. Still, he kept up the search. His knapsack strapped around his back and ambition in his eyes. He knew somepony would give him a job...hopefully...
Back to top Go down
Shifty

Shifty

PostSubject: Re: A New Home - Let's get a job!   A New Home - Let's get a job! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 7:44 pm

Shining Stars had been sitting in the shade of a building amidst the marketplace, having given up her own search for a job. Her horn began to glow, raising a small leaf to her face. After a brief moment and a sigh, she tears it in half.

"Welcome to Ponyville." She sadly mumbles to herself.

She began to let her head down, not raising it for several moments until a voice came to her ears. A little colt asking around for a job? Without thinking of who it might be, she sprang up. She quickly trotted over, nearly crashing in to the little colt... He almost seemed familiar.

"Did I hear you talking about a job?" She asks, excited.
Back to top Go down
Kid

Kid

PostSubject: Re: A New Home - Let's get a job!   A New Home - Let's get a job! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 10:42 pm

Kid was in the process of getting rejected again when he got startled by somepony. Turning around, he noticed the filly, larger than him. That being said, almost everypony he met was larger than him.

"Huh? I...well...yeah, I was talking about trying to get a job." Kid said slightly confused by the sudden apperance of the filly. "Why? Are you hiring somepony for something!?"

Kid's eyes lit up with excitement in his eyes, his job-hunt might finally be coming to an end!
Back to top Go down
Shifty

Shifty

PostSubject: Re: A New Home - Let's get a job!   A New Home - Let's get a job! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 10:50 pm

Shining's own smile seemed to go out like a flame. "Well, uh... No. I was sort of hoping that you might have one..." Her voice trailed on, a sense of guilt coming upon her for bringing up the colt's hope.
She quickly did what she could to change the subject, "W-why? Are you looking for one? You're rather young for a job..." She rushed that last sentence, and decided to hold her tongue after that. She thought of looking or running away, so she wouldn't have to see the eyes of the crushed colt, but her hooves wouldn't move, as if frozen to the ground.
Back to top Go down
Kid

Kid

PostSubject: Re: A New Home - Let's get a job!   A New Home - Let's get a job! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 8:06 am

"Oh, sorry." Kid sighed as his eyes went bleak and weary, causing him to look older than what he was. "I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions."

Kid then shifted around a tad at the "rather young for a job comment."

"Sheesh...what is with everypony here and thinking i'm young?" Kid said, slightly annoyed. "I'll have you know, i'm starting school soon!"
Back to top Go down
Shifty

Shifty

PostSubject: Re: A New Home - Let's get a job!   A New Home - Let's get a job! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 1:54 pm

Shining felt her legs shake and begin to buckle, letting out a quiet whimper. She again considered running away, beads of sweat coming down her face at this point.

"Sheesh...what is with everypony here and thinking I'm young?"

She let out a slight sigh of relief, seeing that her comments had no effect on him. She suddenly froze again at the mention of school. "S-School? You haven't even begun school yet?" She sounded a bit surprised, forgetting for a moment that she'd never really gone to school either.
Back to top Go down
Kid

Kid

PostSubject: Re: A New Home - Let's get a job!   A New Home - Let's get a job! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 5:38 pm

"...No..." Kid said as he looked up towards the older filly. "But I will soon enough!"

Kid smiled towards the filly, but sensing something wrong with her. He started feeling worried if she was sick or not.

"Uhhh...are...are you alright?" Kid asked the filly, not understanding why she was sweating or stuttering. "Are you sick? Do you need any medicine? I can't afford any medicine, but I could help you get to the hospital!"
Back to top Go down
Shifty

Shifty

PostSubject: Re: A New Home - Let's get a job!   A New Home - Let's get a job! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 10:23 pm

She forced a slight smile on her face, though her eyes still held a glimpse of discomfort. "Oh... No, no, no. I'm fine." She put a hoof to her forehead, as if to check and show him that she's fine. "But that was awfully kind of you to show concern." Though, a part of her was certain that he didn't believe a word of it.

She decided to move away from the subject, feeling like she might pass out. "S-so... You said you were looking for a job, huh? Perhaps we could find one together... Like partners of sorts." Her smile widened for a few moments, but immediantly after she would regret saying anything at all and return to her frightened expression.
Back to top Go down
Kid

Kid

PostSubject: Re: A New Home - Let's get a job!   A New Home - Let's get a job! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 7:29 am

Kid wasn't convinced that the filly was alright. However, he decided to leave that topic behind. Might be something terminal that she doesn't want to tell anyone.

"Partners? That sounds like a good idea!" Kid smiled at the older filly. "They might be more likely to hire us if we both ask them!"
Back to top Go down
Shifty

Shifty

PostSubject: Re: A New Home - Let's get a job!   A New Home - Let's get a job! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 4:18 pm

Shining smiles as the topic is dropped. Almost immediately she reverts to her 'normal' state.

"Yeah, noone would turn down eight extra hooves!" She paused a moment, "Oh, I completely forgot! My name's Shining, Shining Stars. What's yours?" She held out a hoof, smiling at Kid.
Back to top Go down
Kid

Kid

PostSubject: Re: A New Home - Let's get a job!   A New Home - Let's get a job! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 6:01 pm

"Kid." Kid smiled as he reached out and shook Shining's hoof. "My name is Kid."

Kid then looked around for a moment as he was trying to scout out a good place to get a job. Noticing a flying school stand and a magic stand to be hiring, he decided to point it out to Stars.

"Hey, look at those two stalls!" Kid smiled as he pointed out the stalls to Shining. "They look to be hiring ponies, let's try there!"
Back to top Go down
Shifty

Shifty

PostSubject: Re: A New Home - Let's get a job!   A New Home - Let's get a job! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 7:28 pm

She takes her hoof back, nodding. "Nice to meet you, Ki-" She started, but stopped at the mention of the stalls.

"Oh, yeah! Let's go." She beams at him as she starts trotting towards the stalls.
Of course, she makes no attempt to initiate any conversation with them until Kid does...

She stops a few feet away, looking at him. "Uh... You first. I insist."
Back to top Go down
Kid

Kid

PostSubject: Re: A New Home - Let's get a job!   A New Home - Let's get a job! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:09 pm

Kid nodded as he steps up to the flying school stand. He introduced himself and Shining then asked for a job. The pegasus laughed for a moment, before realizing he was serious.

"Sorry, you two. We need those who can fly." He stopped and stepped closer to Shining Star and looked down towards her. "But if you can conjure up some wings for you and your brother...we might be able to have the two of ya be advertisers. But you would have to stay close to the ground!"

Kid quickly turned around to Shining and quickly asked her "Can you do that?"
Back to top Go down
Shifty

Shifty

PostSubject: Re: A New Home - Let's get a job!   A New Home - Let's get a job! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 4:16 pm

Shining blinked, unsure of her abilities. "O-of course I can... Maybe... I might..." She became lost trying to think of the words instead of casting a spell. After a few moments she shook her head and prepared herself, pointing her horn at Kid. "Alright! Let's do this!" Her horn glows faintly, a blue aura surrounding Kid.

He almost seems to lift off of the ground until the aura disappears completely. With a sigh, Shining's horn's fades as she nearly collapses. She simply sits there, panting.

"I... I just need to... Warm up."
Back to top Go down
Kid

Kid

PostSubject: Re: A New Home - Let's get a job!   A New Home - Let's get a job! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 6:16 pm

"Look, if it's too much work, we can find somepony else." The stallion running the stall sighed, realizing how dumb it was to try and make a filly cast such a difficult spell. "But your magic is impressive! You should try right over there!"

the stallion pointed to the magic stall Kid talked about earlier.

Kid looked over to shining.

"He's right, you shouldn't push yourself too much." Kid trotted over to Shining Star. "Besides, now that I think of it...I have absolutely no clue how to fly. And it seems like it would take a lot of training to even make it an inch off the ground!"
Back to top Go down
Shifty

Shifty

PostSubject: Re: A New Home - Let's get a job!   A New Home - Let's get a job! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 7:48 pm

She sighed, panting. "Y-yeah... I guess you're right." She forced a smile to appear on her face, a weak one, but still a smile. In truth, she was glad she didn't have to cast the spell. She could hardly perform some of the most basic abilities.

"But, wait... You're an Earth Pony, can you really use Earth Magic?" She asked Kid, glancing over to examine the stall. It took her this much effort to become friends with one pony, but she wasn't sure she could do it again.
Back to top Go down
Kid

Kid

PostSubject: Re: A New Home - Let's get a job!   A New Home - Let's get a job! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 7:57 pm

Kid shifted around a tad.

"Not really...no..." Kid said nervously, hoping his new friend wouldn't think any less of him. "But, I might be able to fake it!"

Kid smiled confidently as he lead the way to the magic stall. He didn't know what exactly he was going to do...but it had to be impressive!

"Come on!" Kid smiled as he went from a walk to a trot to get to the other stall. "They're going to hire somepony other than us if we take too long!"
Back to top Go down
Shifty

Shifty

PostSubject: Re: A New Home - Let's get a job!   A New Home - Let's get a job! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 8:17 pm

She blinks at him. Faking magic... Could he do that?

Before she had a chance to respond, he called out to Shining. "O-oh. Right!" She began running after him, slowing to a trot and following in line right behind him.

"Are you sure you can do that?" She asked, becoming worried that this might fail as bad as the last try.
Back to top Go down
Kid

Kid

PostSubject: Re: A New Home - Let's get a job!   A New Home - Let's get a job! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 8:30 pm

"Well, It would be easier if I had some fire-crackers or something of the like!" Kid laughed as he continued on towards the stall. "But...I might be able to preform something with the sleight of hoof."

Kid didn't like to admit it to anypony, but on top of being a con-artist...he was also a pickpocket. Who knew that such a lowly, theivious idea would be helping him get an honest living!
Back to top Go down
Shifty

Shifty

PostSubject: Re: A New Home - Let's get a job!   A New Home - Let's get a job! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 8:58 pm

Shining sighed, no real confidence that this plan would work. "Well, good luck... I guess." She puts on a smile in an attempt to bring up his hopes, and maybe her own.

Shining started ahead of Kid, thinking that they'd get the job easily if just she had to prove herself. As she approached the stand, she looked up at the pony running it. "O-oh... Hello, my name's..." She stopped, realizing that being shy wouldn't get her anywhere. Shining Stars took in a deep breath...

"My name's Shining Stars, and this is my companion..." She stopped, eyes starting to widen as her cheeks became flushed. She suddenly remembered, finishing her sentence. "Kid."

She finished with her neck raised high and nose pointed slightly upwards. It made her feel quite powerful, aside from the fact she was much smaller.
Back to top Go down
Kid

Kid

PostSubject: Re: A New Home - Let's get a job!   A New Home - Let's get a job! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 10:00 pm

the unicorn working at the stall looked down at Shining and Kid. she looked them over and bent down to their eye height with a serious look in her eye.

"D'awwww...aren't you two just sooo adorable!~" She cooed as she hugged the two of them and stood back up. "Here, let me get you two a lollipop!~"

She turner around, grabbed two lollipops and gave one to Shining and one to Kid.

Kid took his and placed it inside of his knapsack, then turned and faced the unicorn.

"Thank you Miss!" Kid smiled up to the unicorn, before remembering the real reason why the pair even went over to the stall. "But, we're not here for free hand outs. We're here because we heard that you were hiring ponies for a job!"
Back to top Go down
Shifty

Shifty

PostSubject: Re: A New Home - Let's get a job!   A New Home - Let's get a job! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 10:28 pm

She takes the lollipop gleefully, almost immediatly going for it. She pauses though and tucks it away in her own knapsack. She wouldn't want to look like some little kid during a job interview, now would she?
"Yeah... We wanted to apply." She squeeked a bit near the end due to her excitement.

She lifted her hoof to her muzzle and scoffed, speaking now in a more regal-sounding tone. "Yes, we wanted to apply."

(( OOC: Sorry for the short post... And making you do the Vendor X.x ))
Back to top Go down
Kid

Kid

PostSubject: Re: A New Home - Let's get a job!   A New Home - Let's get a job! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 10:38 pm

"D'awwww!~ Is this for some sort of school project?" The Mare said again, obviously only focusing on how 'cute' the pair was. "I'll help you two adorable's out!~"

The mare turned around and began to shuffle some papers around before she realized something.

"Well, I guess you two are so cute I almost forgot to meet your parents!" She smiled down at them. "Go get me your parents and we can work something out!~"

Kid froze at the mention of parents, being an abandoned orphan he didn't exactly know what to do. He couldn't move or anything...his mind was racing for excuses of why he couldn't get his parents to come.

(( OOC: No worries about short posts! It makes me feel better when I do it :D))
Back to top Go down
Shifty

Shifty

PostSubject: Re: A New Home - Let's get a job!   A New Home - Let's get a job! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 10:49 pm

Shining froze in place aswell, not having thought about her parents for a while, and for a good reason. Her nervousness started to show, beads of sweat rolling down her forehead. Think of something, Shining. Think! Oh, oh! They're out of town? No, that won't do...

She simply stood in silence, fighting with herself on what to say. She looked to Kid for support, as she had none to offer herself. Shining decided to take a risk, whispering to Kid. "Maybe they're out of town... And we're staying at the... school?"
Back to top Go down
Kid

Kid

PostSubject: Re: A New Home - Let's get a job!   A New Home - Let's get a job! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 3:07 pm

Kid thought for a second.

"Nah, that wouldn't work...they'd contact the school." Kid whispered back, hoping the mare wouldn't hear them. "Other than that is was a good idea! but... have any other ones...?"

The mare looked down at the two foals whispering in front of her. She hoped that the two weren't offended by something she said.

"Excuse me, darlings?" She smiled again, but this time with slight confusion in her voice.. "You two do have parents, don't you?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Home - Let's get a job!   A New Home - Let's get a job! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A New Home - Let's get a job!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next