My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bunsin Flame

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bunsin flame

Bunsin Flame Empty
PostSubject: Bunsin Flame   Bunsin Flame I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:16 pm

Bunsin Flame
Bunsin Flame AHrjr
Species: Unicorn
Mane: Light brown
Tail:Light brown (same shade as mane)
Eyes: Green color gradient going from dark green at the top of the iris to light green at the bottom.
Body: Slightly shorter than average, somewhat muscular legs but no unusual musculature beyond that, average weight, dark blue coat, minor scarring surrounding the right eye as the result of a laboratory accident.
Cutie Mark: A single stylized lithium atom.
Age (Baby,adult): Young adult
Personality: Fairly friendly in casual conversation, but extremely reluctant to discuss his past (he may become angry if pressed on certain subjects regarding it), Chemistry nerd. In short, Bunsin is a friendly though geeky and introverted unicorn who easily makes friends with those that share similar interests, but he does have a bit of a short temper and doesn't like to talk about his past insofar as it relates to his job.
Likes: Science (especially physics and chemistry), philosophy, cooking, reading, debates
Dislikes: Poetry, discussing his past and his career, parties (mildly), and ducks (The last one is more for mild comic relief every now and then than a serious part of his personality)
History:
Bunsin grew up in Manehattan’s industrial district and acquired a love of learning and the natural sciences at a fairly young age. The unicorn earned his cutie mark after realizing his love of chemistry while in school and went on to work at the Dupony chemical corporation for the research wing. The chemical industry was a fairly new and rapidly developing field of science in Equestria and many ethics laws were not yet established. After a fierce disagreement with the corporate management over what Bunsin viewed as unsafe experimentation, he was let go with little warning. In the interest of putting his past behind him and starting afresh, Bunsin resolved to move to the quiet town of Ponyville in search of both a new job and a new life.

Example RP segment: (Refer to post below)
3. It is pouring rain outside. Your OC spots the light of a tavern up ahead. The tavern is filled with ponies that your OC doesn't know. Given your OC’s personality, compose a brief narrative in which your OC identifies and addresses the situation.
The sudden cloudburst had taken Bunsin by surprise. On his long trek through the Foal Mountain lowlands he had noticed the pegasi bringing in clouds above, but as he had nowhere to go for shelter he forgot about it, until he started getting wet that is.
The unicorn was completely soaked at this point, though fortunately most of his belongings were kept dry by the oilcloth saddlebags in which they were stored. Despite the damp coldness that stiffened his joints, the blue stallion redoubled his pace, straining his eyes desperately against the falling sheets of rain that obscured the horizon to find any sort of structure in which he could seek shelter for the night. Seeing nothing, he let out and exasperated groan and kept walking, mentally cursing himself for being in such a hurry to complete the last leg of his journey that he had not only forgotten to check the weather schedule at his last stop, but had left his raincoat at an inn about a dozen miles back as well.

Bunsin’s hopes were rekindled when, upon cresting a hillock, he spied the unmistakable glimmer of candlelight about half a mile down the now slick and muddy path. As he sprinted towards the structure from which it originated, he began to make out more about what now appeared to be a pub of some sort: The tinkle of glasses being struck together, a whiff of roasting food, the crackle of a large fire, all signs that boded well for the exhausted traveler. Bunsin skidded to a halt outside building, having the presence of mind to shake some of the moisture he had collected out of his fur. The unicorn noticed what looked like a chalkboard sign near the door as he went to open it, it most likely bore the name of the establishment at one point, but the rain had reduced it to a streaked, illegible, mess.

The scene that greeted the bedraggled stallion upon entering the pub was one of general merriment; all around him ponies were drinking, eating, and having a grand time in general, undisturbed by the raging storm that continued just outside. Scanning the room for the owner, Bunsin spied and approached a tall mare siting behind the pub’s large oaken bar, chatting idly with one or two patrons as she decanted what looked like cider into a pair of mugs.

Bunsin coughed lightly, trying to get the owner’s attention, and the tan earth pony in question turned to him, looking decidedly unamused at having her conversation interrupted

“Uh, excuse me mam, I was just caught out in the rain and I was wondering if” The mare cut him off with a raised hoof. “We’re full up, you can stay here but there’s no rooms left, stew is ten bits a bowl and cider is five bits a mug”

Bunsin groaned under his breath at the exorbitant price but he was half starved at this point and after some rummaging in his saddle bags, he produced the coins necessary for a bowl of stew which the bartender then ladled out and unceremoniously handed to him along with a carved wooden spoon, which he thanked her for before leaving to look for some place to sit in the packed building. Noticing an unoccupied chair near the fire, he happily sat down and began to eat his stew in peace, reflecting that while not worth the price he had payed, it was quite good nonetheless. A tap on his shoulder startled Bunsin out of his reverie, and he turned to the source of the disturbance, mildly annoyed at being bothered so soon after settling down.

The source of the disturbance, Bunsin found out, was a grey pegasus mare sporting a dark, almost black mane and a raining cloud emblazoned upon her flank. “Can I help you?” the unicorn enquired somewhat testily.
“Nah man” she replied energetically “I just thought you looked bored over here, so what were you doing out on the trail in this weather, there’s been bulletins up about this thing for weeks” she gestured out at the storm.
“Well, if you must know I was stupid, I was in a hurry to finish the last leg of my journey and forgot to check the weather, I’m just glad I found this place…I don’t think I caught you name by the way” He said. The extroverted Pegasus looked somewhat surprised

“Oh right sorry, I’m Clout Brite, you?”

“I’m Bunsin Flame, most ponies just call me Bunsin. So I might as well ask you what you were doing out on the trail in this weather too”

“Me? I’m part of the weather crew that had to put this whole storm together after somepony (more than a touch of malice was present in her voice with this last word) let the Ponyville damn get critically low, so we basically had to flood the entire watershed to bring it up to capacity”

The two ponies spent the rest of the night chatting and enjoying each other’s company while waiting for the storm to pass. The next day Busin bid the mare a cheerful farewell, and departed the pub ready to reach his destination, and hopefully, to have similar encounters.

[Acceptance]

Last edited by bunsin flame on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:50 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Mod requested corrections)
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

Bunsin Flame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bunsin Flame   Bunsin Flame I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 7:14 pm

Welcome to the site :)

There are a few issues with your character application:

- Your character picture doesn't work. Be sure to place an image URL between [ img ] and [ /img ] of a picture of your OC (without the spaces between '[' and 'img').

- The history is rather dark for the My Little Pony universe. 'Dangerous' and 'unethical' experiments are something to be avoided, so I suggest changing them to something less dark and more likely to exist in Equestria.

- As more of a suggestion, your RP segment could use improvement. When roleplaying, be sure to use paragraphing and spacing to make your posts easier to read and understand.

Once these changes are made, I'm sure I'll be able to approve you.
Back to top Go down
bunsin flame

Bunsin Flame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bunsin Flame   Bunsin Flame I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 7:47 pm

Alright, I think I fixed the points you requested, I changed the whole, dark experimentation part to a mere disagreement with the management regarding ethics, and took out the part about the company being shut down, turning it into Bunsin getting fired for mouthing off to his employers. I didn't realize that the forum would show the whole picture within the post or I would have used a lower rez one. I tried fixing the line and paragraph spacing, but it appears that the picture is compressing the text formatting somehow. I'll see if it looks better when I use a smaller image.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

Bunsin Flame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bunsin Flame   Bunsin Flame I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 7:57 pm

Change have been made.

You character has been approved.

Feel free to use the chat box at the bottom of the homepage to chat to others online.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bunsin Flame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bunsin Flame   Bunsin Flame I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bunsin Flame
Page 1 of 1