My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Onyx

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

Onyx Empty
PostSubject: Onyx   Onyx I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 10:41 pm

Onyx
Onyx Guy_edited
Species: Unicorn
Mane: His mane is kept quite short and clean, and is a Royal Blue color, somewhat similar in color to his eyes.
Tail: Same color as his mane, and also keep short and clean
Eyes: Sky Blue
Body: Onyx is quite healthy and of moderate physical stature, and so has a quite fit and stable body build, though he is somewhat unnaturally tall relative to other ponies. His coat is a metallic blue color, and is usually covered by a long, dark purple cloak.
Cutie Mark: A book surrounded by symbols of a gear, a musical eight note, a bone, a vial of unknown liquid, and a small framed painting, all marking his ability to quickly learn the different fields of science and the arts.
Personality: Onyx is completely unemotionless 99.9% of the time, almost never showing any feeling and always talking in a monotonous voice. He has no sense of humor whatsoever, and will never speak of anything other than facts, not uncommonly insulting other ponies by speaking the blunt truth. He will usually talk in long bursts at a time, and will many times answer questions with a speech fit for a Princess's coronation. He is always observing and calculating everything around him, and quite often is experimenting rather than doing the mundane tasks that he seems to be doing. Onyx hates wasting time, and will many times easily ignore or get away from anyone who uses up his "precious" time, whether it be through pranks or elongated unintelligent conversation. He also has a personal belief that pegasi and earth ponies are incapable of achieving "higher intelligence," as he puts it.
Likes: Discovering new things, composing and writing music, creating art, fellow "ponies of higher intelligence", good whiskey, good orchestral music, ambience/calm, solidarity
Dislikes: Wasted time, pranks, unintelligent people, being unable to do anything, loud/obnoxious noises, dirty/messy places
History: Onyx was born to a family full of scholars, writers, scientists, and many other ponies of science and art. His ancestors were some of the key ponies involved in the creation of much of the modern technology that is used in present times, and from a young age Onyx decided that he wanted to be just like one of his many important ancestors.
His father was a respected professor at the nearby Celestia's School For Gifted Unicorns, and his mother was a revered artist and musician, somewhat popular among the higher class for her pieces in both arts. The couple raised Onyx well, and because of their differed areas of expertise he was able to gain a talent for his mother's skill in the performing arts and also his father's knowledge in magic and science.
By the age at which most other unicorn children were able to perform well-developed telekinesis and some simple flashy spells, Onyx was already trying new things in alchemy and casting basic elemental magic, while still finding time to adeptly play 2 different orchestral instruments. For this reason, as soon as he was old enough, Onyx's father recommended him for Celestia's School For Gifted Unicorns, and was quite easily able to get him in because of his extended work there. Onyx passed the entrance exam without any trouble, and then moved on to partake in a variety of advanced classes that were quickly available to him. He was a great student, and quickly grasped a variety of subjects in physics, alchemy, engineering and the performing arts in the next few years, gaining his cutie mark on the day that he passed his Group 2 (older child) final exam. He kept on learning more and more after this, and as a teenager was quite well known throughout the school, respected by teachers and professors and revered by his fellow students.
After completing his time in Celestia's School, he was invited to be a professor at the same establishment, and quickly accepted the offer, later teaching advanced magical arts while doing his own studies and experiments in a nearby university.
Present-
Onyx is now a somewhat popular and heavily respected scientist, composer and artist living in Canterlot, constantly performing his own experiments in the different fields of magic and science in his home city and also many other places. His parents are still participating in the jobs that they had fallen in love with years ago, and, though they do not openly say it, are quite proud of their son, and fully support him.

RP EXAMPLE: #1 - A foal has lost its mother and is sobbing inconsolably in the street . Given your OC’s personality, compose a brief narrative in which your OC identifies and addresses the situation.

Onyx was heading towards the Canterlot Archives in order to investigate a rumor on the possibility of time-altering magic when he heard an obnoxious sound emanating from a nearby alley that he was passing. It took him a second, but he quite quickly recognized the sound as the sobbing of a foal. Slightly annoyed, he stopped at said alley's entrance and looked to see who was causing the sound.

Indeed, as expected, Onyx spotted a small foal sitting near the alleyway's entrance, sobbing quite loudly for an unknown reason. He approached the child, and the small colt looked up as he noticed the approaching unicorn. Onyx looked at him for a second, nonchalantly and without a single streak of emotion on his face, and then spoke to the child after a short pause.

"Excuse me, would you mind stopping that dreadful noise? It is quite obnoxious, and is giving me a headache, one which I do not enjoy the slightest."

The colt didn't respond to this, simply looking up at Onyx with tears still streaming down his face. Onyx looked back, still not betraying any signs of emotion, and then sighed and rolled his eyes slightly after another short pause. If he didn't help this colt now, then the noise of his sobbing would most likely continue for quite a while.

"Alright, what's wrong? Out with it."

The colt blinked a few times, and then answered Onyx's question, stammering slightly. "M-my mommy's gone. I-I was walking with her back home, but now she's not here."

"Well, I suppose that that would be your fault now wouldn't it? Maybe next time you're going anywhere with your mother you should remember to keep your eyes on her rather than some sweet roll or chocolate that you don't even need in the first place. Well? What do you have to say for yourself? I can bet bits that your mother and father are now at home worrying about you and wondering where you are, and it's all because of you."

The colt looked back at Onyx with a surprised expression, somewhat confused at how he had so quickly become the bad guy, and not quite knowing how to respond to the given statement. "B-but I didn't-...I don't...I just-"

"Oh be quite, you're stammering isn't helping anyone in this situation. Now get up, I'm going to help you find your 'mommy' so that you can stop being the depressed wreck that you currently are."

"R-really?"

"Yes, really. I don't see any reason why I would lie to you at the moment. Don't ask stupid questions. Now get up and come with me, you're already wasting my time, and I don't want to be away from my duties any longer."

"O-okay..." The colt got up, still confused but likewise relieved that he was able to gain help. His crying had stopped, and he was now feeling somewhat better, not too much from Onyx's comforting words but more so from the promise that he would see his mother soon.

"Alright, where do you live?"

"I-I don't know..."

Onyx scoffed. "You've lived in the same place for at least five years, and when it actually matters you can't remember where you're home is? That is quite sad, in my opinion. The first thing you're doing when we get you home is you're going to memorize your home address. Understand?"

The colt nodded to this, wordless.

"Good." Onyx thought for a second. "What is your name, boy?"

"B-Blue Leaf..."

Onyx nods to this, and thinks for another moment. "You're lucky, Leaf. I know your parents. Come with me."

After this, Onyx proceeds to lead the colt to his home, dropping him off with his parents. The parents give Leaf a light scolding, and Onyx leaves before thanks can be given.

((I hope I didn't overdo Onyx's intelligence as a child >.<. I'll revise anything that needs it.))

Last edited by Vinyl Dash on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:45 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://mlp-foe-oc-rp.forumotion.com/
bob

Onyx Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onyx   Onyx I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 1:47 am

Approved.
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

Onyx Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onyx   Onyx I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 3:27 am