My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Misty Howl

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Misty Howl

Misty Howl

Misty Howl Empty
PostSubject: Misty Howl   Misty Howl I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 12:11 am

Misty Howl
Misty Howl SoulSearchv2Gender: Female
Species: Unicorn
Mane: Red orange with sky blue accents, slightly wavy
Tail: Red orange with sky blue accents, straight and smooth, long
Eyes: Light blue
Body: Deep blue with green around the nose and mouth, standard build
Cutie Mark: Tree of Life
Personality: Misty Howl often carries herself with an air of peaceful wisdom. Very little can offend or upset her, but she has a few very specific triggers. Previous acquiantances have described her as being very formidable when angered, even though it is an almost non-existent occurance for her to raise her voice to anything passed a sturn, sharp tone. She enjoys a good-natured debate or discussion any day, but will quickly end things if it turns into a full-blown argument or if it begins to lack content. She enjoys philosophical and the occasional political topics, and is regarded as very intellectual.

Once one gets to know Misty Howl, they get to see her more open and relaxed side. She prides herself on her quick wit and her ability to have her friends in stitches with a well-timed sentence or comment. Honesty and trust are the top point on her moral compass. No one has to worry about Misty Howl sharing personal secrets or information.

While she tries not to show it too often, Misty Howl can be rather self-conscious, especially around groups of ponies she doesn't know. It takes a lot of convincing from close friends to get her to dance, sing, or even speak to a strange pony. She comes off as somewhat awkward and obviously nervous when she attempts to hide her shyness. Misty Howl sometimes suffers from self-doubt concerning her own abilities.
Along with basic unicorn magic such as levitation, Misty Howl's specialty is elemental, with her best element being water and second best air. Her magic consists mainly of manipulation and control, such as moving water in streams or other patterns and causing wind to blow. She has been working on a spell that creates very small, highly controlled twisters for organization purposes, but so far it has only caused a mess in her home. Misty Howl has practiced a little with earth and fire spells, but the farthest she's gotten has been moving small rocks and creating little poofs of flame.

History: Misty Howl was born and raised in Baltimare, her home being very close to one of the ports. Her parents were always very overprotective, and because of that Misty Howl didn't have a chance to socialize and develope social skills until much later in her life. She was put into school at the age of 10, after being homeschooled by her parents. At that point, she began to learn how to interact with other ponies.

Misty Howl had dabbled a little in elemental magic as a filly, but didn't get her cutie mark until the middle point of her schooling. She had met her friends a year earlier, but they were all a grade above her, so during the year she got her cutie mark she was separated from her friends in a different building. During that year, the adolescent filly didn't have many close friends to speak of that she saw during school hours. The teasing she endured added to her shyness and self-confidence issues. The area around the back of the school suffered from dry, unkept grasses and trees. Misty Howl would often sneak out and use her magic to tend to the area, levitating increasing amounts of water and learning how to effectively soak it directly into the roots of the plants. She learned to move and till the soil to keep it fresh and full of nutrients, and even learned how to "read" the plants in order to tell how happy and healthy they were. Over the course of a few weeks, the area was green and lush and soft again. One day after school hours, while Misty Howl was sitting under her favorite tree, one of the teachers happened to wander by. She noticed the green that hadn't been there before, and went to investigate. Misty Howl was startled when she heard hooves approaching, afraid she would be scolded for being there. Suddenly, she teleported into the tree, having to take a moment to keep from falling due to the distorting affects. The teacher looked around incredulously, admiring the beautiful scenery. A slight shift in the leaves caused the teacher's ear to twitch, and she knew somepony was here. "I know you did this. Come out." she said loudly but softly. Misty Howl gulped and focused her horn, straining for a moment as she had not had much practice in teleportation. Her aim was off, as she ended up appearing behind rather than in front of the teacher. "I...made the plants happy." Misty Howl said nervously, scuffing the ground with her hoof. "Show me." the teacher replied. The blue filly bit her bottom lip. It had taken her weeks to do all this, but the mare before her wanted a demonstration. Taking in a deep breath, Misty Howl sought out a young sapling that was barely the size of her shoulder. Dipping into a grounded stance, she closed her eyes and focused her attention on the sapling. Her horn glowed, and her face contorted as she strained to make the little tree grow. After a few moments, the sapling inched upward and a few extra branches grew from its thickening trunk. Eventually, Misty Howl stopped, slightly winded from the effort. Still, the sapling had grown to just above her head and had sprouted new, vibrant leaves. The teacher was impressed, and motioned to Misty's flank. From that day on, an intricate tree became her cutie mark.

After Misty Howl's schooling came to an end, she stayed in Baltimare for a while, working at a local food establishment to save up her bits to move. She eventually found herself in Ponyville due to the surrounding areas such as the forests and swamp. Now she's attempting to make it on her own and meet a group of ponies that could become lifelong friends.

Likes: Nature, intelligent conversation, being with friends, learning, improving her skills, studying various subjects

Dislikes: Conflicts, arrogance, disrespect, self-destructive behavior, superiority complexes

Other pictures: https://2img.net/h/i353.photobucket.com/albums/r366/Lone_wolfess/MistyHowlcommission.png (direct linked due to size)

Roleplay:

The cool raindrops hit and clung to Misty Howl's coat and mane as she casually walked through town. A green aura shined around her horn and eyes, which stayed comfortably open despite the pouring water gushing from her hair. A calming "splish splish splish" sounded with every step the mare made, putting her mind at complete ease among the rumbling thunder overhead. Up ahead, Misty could see a light softly glowing through the pounding drops. Moving closer, a small building became visible. Judging from the voices and clinking glass coming from inside, it was obviously a tavern of some sort.
Misty Howl stood just outside the doors for a moment, deciding whether she should enter. There were lots of ponies in there, most likely ones who had sought quick shelter from the rain. She was new in this area, and didn't know anypony. Swallowing her nerves, she raised her head, put a neutral expression on her face, and stepped inside. A few ponies turned their heads to see who had entered, but only one or two stared for longer than a couple of seconds. Misty Howl's horn glowed, and her body became engulfed in the aura. All the water floated off of her, condencing into a large ball before streaming back outside. With that, the mare was completely dry.
Misty Howl made her way to the counter, trying to hide the fact that she was avoiding eye contact. "Just give me something blue and fruity, please." she said, attempting to keep the nerves out of her voice. The bartender nodded and mixed her drink, then slid it across the counter. The mare placed her bits on the countertop before carefully levitating her drink and sitting at an empty table, listening to the sounds of the rain hitting the wooden roof.

Last edited by Misty Howl on Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
1ncnspcuous
Procedures Administrator
1ncnspcuous

Misty Howl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misty Howl   Misty Howl I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 12:46 am

Hello Misty Howl. Again, welcome to the forum. (:

Your application is coming along well!

Please read all of the rules if you have not already. The current format of your application conflicts with one or more of our rules.

Please add her history component. This may include her birthplace, parents, travel history, and current location. Additionally, you may consider describing how she acquired her cutie mark, characterizing her fillyhood, and noting any other events of interest.

I encourage you to develop her magical skills. Just remember not to abuse the elemental quality of this attribute.

1. *** Members may not employ supernatural abilities, assume control of other members’ characters, or otherwise forcibly create an environment in which other OCs are compromised without consent.

Lastly, please consider proofreading for minor mistakes in spelling and grammar.

Thanks!
1nc
Back to top Go down
Misty Howl

Misty Howl

Misty Howl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misty Howl   Misty Howl I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 1:09 am

Thanks for the feedback, I'll take a look and work on it more.
Back to top Go down
Misty Howl

Misty Howl

Misty Howl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misty Howl   Misty Howl I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 3:37 am

I have edited the application and added a history. Please forgive any cliches, I'm rather rusty. ^_^;
Back to top Go down
1ncnspcuous
Procedures Administrator
1ncnspcuous

Misty Howl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misty Howl   Misty Howl I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 7:31 pm

Great work! Your OC is now approved, and you may begin posting at your earliest convenience.

Happy writing.
1nc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Misty Howl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misty Howl   Misty Howl I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Misty Howl
Page 1 of 1