My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Night in Town

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
1ncnspcuous
Procedures Administrator
1ncnspcuous

Night in Town - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Night in Town   Night in Town - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 1:52 am

The four ponies arrived at her apartment in due time.

Despite being only a temporary home, its living space yielded extravagant furniture. Among the pieces were two sofa chairs with red satin cushions, each embroidered with articulate filigrees of golden thread. It was clear that they were all too seldom used.

A modest library stretched over the opposing wall, and upon close inspection, one could discern the titles of its occupants: The Leviathan, The Merchant of Venice, and A Tale of Two Cities among them.

Victoria glided ahead to set a little phonograph in motion.

"Please, situate yourselves," she encouraged, finding her own spot.

"Ah, 'zere we are. Now, won't you tell me about yourselves?" Although her request was ambiguous, her eyes deliberately came to rest upon Azure first.
Back to top Go down
Cloudburst7

Cloudburst7

PostSubject: Re: Night in Town   Night in Town - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 2:11 am

He skimmed over the curious selection of literature, a majority of the titles catching his eyes. Azure liked her tastes. His mind had been brought back to an enjoyable little spiel by a certain character known as Shylock. He was thinking of the Jewish lender's rant about the pricking of one's finger, only for his attention to be roused by the suave tone of their host.

The stallion was ready to continue eyeing the novels at rest until the others had said their piece, until he noticed a pair of violet eyes tethered to him. My, my, someone was curious. "Well, I'm not exactly the fanciest pony around," he'd begun with a humble tone. "As far as hobbies go, I enjoy spending time with others, and soaking up a majority of my what's left into literature. I've been known to dabble in the arts... but I'm nothing spectacular." He grinned, letting his eyes fall shut.

While breaking the ice was far from his specialty, the rather friendly atmosphere was enough to not have Azure turn into an awkward, uncoordinated mess of words. "What of you three?"

Last edited by Cloudburst7 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
gemini starshade

gemini starshade

PostSubject: Re: Night in Town   Night in Town - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 2:25 am

Gemini, on the other end of the bookshelf looking at some other sets of novels momentarily before taking a seat." Yes, well me on the other hoof has some...Uh..Lets say experience with being a bit 'classy'. I don't like to be like that all the time. Other than that, I read, hangout with friends, and...Well, I've been an odd situation or two. How about you, Starcatcher?"
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

PostSubject: Re: Night in Town   Night in Town - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 2:44 am

Starcatcher just shook her head. "I'm anything BUT classy." she said with a grin, before continuing. "I don't really like dolling up... Its impractical. I like the colour blue, which many people consider to be a tomboyish colour. I couldn't ever imagine wearing high heeled shoes and dresses, and lipstick and mascara are out of the question."
Back to top Go down
1ncnspcuous
Procedures Administrator
1ncnspcuous

PostSubject: Re: Night in Town   Night in Town - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:11 am

Victoria rested her snout on her hoof, glancing in Starcatcher's direction. "Aw, is 'zat so? I do 'zink a touch of glamour here and 'zere would suit you quite well," she playfully observed. In secret, however, she dismissed the mare as unrefined and mannerless.

Then, assuming that her turn had come to share, Victoria put a thoughtful hoof to her lip. "I, in turn, was raised in an atmosphere of stringent social values. It is certainly true 'zat the bourgeoisie can have its shortcomings in the department of logic," she supposed, in direct opposition to her actual sentiments. Ironically, she voiced these criticisms in a voice which was naturally characteristic of the aristocracy.

"Azure and Gemini -- did either of you happen upon anything of interest in my shelves?" she inquired in a conversational fashion. More often than not, she recognized, a pony was defined by the compositions which he or she selected to read. What she craved and therefore sought from the ponies was insight into their characters.
Back to top Go down
Cloudburst7

Cloudburst7

PostSubject: Re: Night in Town   Night in Town - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:42 am

He was silent for the majority in which the others conversed, up to the point where it was made obvious that he had been more or less perusing through Victoria's collection. "I suppose you caught me red-hoofed eyeing up your books," he said in an embarrassed manner of voice. "Though, a better question would be what literature in your possession hasn't caught my eye." He was tempted to laugh, and in fact a repressed snicker managed to make its way into the air.

Azure's face brightened, and he found little difficulty elaborating on his prior statement to some extent: "Though if you must know, The Merchant of Venice is something of a favorite of mine."

"I've read most, if not all of these," he mentioned afterwards, following a short pause. The stallion glanced back to the hardcovers a moment to confirm this confirm this. From what he saw, that was certainly the case. "And I must say, I like your taste in literature."

Last edited by Cloudburst7 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gemini starshade

gemini starshade

PostSubject: Re: Night in Town   Night in Town - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 12:54 pm

"Yeah, this collection reminds me of when I was a colt...I hate being reminded of then. Anyway, this is quite the collection you have. Like Azure, I've seen more than a couple I've read. I prefer more fantasy or adventure style novels, myself. How about you Starcatcher, do you read any?"
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

PostSubject: Re: Night in Town   Night in Town - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 3:05 am

Starcatcher nodded happily. "Oh yes, I love books! I read a lot when I have the time. I gotta agree, fantasy is my kind of genre, but I'm alright with a BIT of romance every now and again." She said, glancing at the shelves.
Back to top Go down
1ncnspcuous
Procedures Administrator
1ncnspcuous

PostSubject: Re: Night in Town   Night in Town - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 11:25 am

"Ah! Among so many novels of silver and gold, you choose lead," she lamented playfully, aware that the accomplished reader would have seen through her objection with ease. "Likewise, my dear. I do love a stallion with a cultured mind," she added with tasteful emphasis.

Her interest turned to Gemini as he offered a vague glimpse into his past. Particularly, his distinct hatred toward some experience long ago elicited her devilish curiosity. "My apologies, love," began the mare. "May I ask why it is you are so bothered by your surroundings?  Perhaps we may remedy your discomfort."

"And of course," Victoria directed toward Starcatcher. "It is wonderful to immerse oneself in a world apart from our own. As for romance, I am pleasantly surprised to learn 'zat you of all mares would have a taste for it. Reservations aside, I do admit a well-crafted tale of love can resonate with my own deep desires." She concluded her reply with a demure giggle.
Back to top Go down
Cloudburst7

Cloudburst7

PostSubject: Re: Night in Town   Night in Town - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 12:47 pm

She certainly was good at getting a laugh from him, as Azure found himself chuckling in response to her teasing. "Do you now?" he asked in a mock accusation of her adamant affections towards those who had refined tastes and manners, coupled with a good education.

He'd of been glad to keep the little conversation between them fueled: despite the stallion's earlier suspicions as to the true nature of the mare who was so kind as to be host to all of three strangers. She made for pleasant conversation, and there was also the fact she was more or less a gem; it wasn't often he found someone well versed in literature, as well as a slew of other things to boot.

But for now, he let her attention be shared between the two other guests. Inevitably, his regard lazily drifted back to that otherwise secluded area of books. His gaze flitted here and there, scavenger hunting for a few other books he enjoyed. Namely: The Prince, Pride and Prejudice, and Lord of the Flies. He possibly spared a moment to give chase for one last familiar title: The Catcher in the Rye.
Back to top Go down
gemini starshade

gemini starshade

PostSubject: Re: Night in Town   Night in Town - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 3:26 pm

"Nah, I'm fine. Anyway, why don't you tell us more about yourself? It's rude for us to talk all about ourselves." Gemini says with a shrug, thinking back to his childhood, and one of his older siblings in particular." If you're from Prance, what brought you here to ponyville?"
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

PostSubject: Re: Night in Town   Night in Town - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 2:52 am

Starcatcher nodded eagerly, curious about this pony's past. But aside from that fact, there was also a deeper desire for her curiousness - she wanted to see if this pony was for real or not. Every now and again, her smiles and laughs seemed fake, albeit very well acted.
Back to top Go down
1ncnspcuous
Procedures Administrator
1ncnspcuous

PostSubject: Re: Night in Town   Night in Town - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 4:47 pm

Victoria touched a hoof to her lip, considering that which should be said and that which should be omitted. "Well, if you are aware of Prance's political climate, you could reason 'zat I have been blown here by the winds of change. The Prench are quite divided over class inequality."

Pausing, the mare casually eyed the stallion as he continued to browse her collection, though she commented not. Of the three guests, he clearly demonstrated the least skepticism and hesitance.

"It seems you are quite familiar with the perils of stratification, as reluctant as you may be to admit it," Victoria reciprocated, smiling politely as she returned her focus to Gemini. She remained vaguely conscious of the other mare, supposing that her intentions might be obscured like Victoria's own.

The little mechanical arm of the phonograph reached the full extent of its articulation and stopped, contaminating the room with stillness.
Back to top Go down
Cloudburst7

Cloudburst7

PostSubject: Re: Night in Town   Night in Town - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 5:50 pm

He ruminated with himself with a few notions while a pair of eyes groggily wandered the shelves at their own, sluggish pace. The fancy print sported by several of the more renowned and archaic spines of books acted as eye candy, and the perusing of various titles had him quite nicely occupied. Whether or not his suspicion, or lack thereof, of Victoria was ill suited for him in this situation; the stallion seemed not to mind one way or the other. Azure's impassive nature might have been a dead giveaway as to just how aware of the things around him, he was--under a careful enough eye, of course.

The light, airy feel of the room up to now seemed to halt abruptly in tandem with the phonograph. Suddenly the air was humid, and had a rotten stench of nothingness floating about within. How fitting for the silence to fall now of all times, whereupon what was an arguably touchy subject found itself being brought to the table. A pair of curious eyes slowly deviated from their initial course, and hovered towards a particular dull coated mare.

His speech was naught, as he currently had no words to say. However, the topic at hoof certainly had his attention. He knew probably less about Gemini than even Victoria, though he still couldn't shake the feeling that her accusation was rather bold; it was very possible it wouldn't be received kindly.
Back to top Go down
gemini starshade

gemini starshade

PostSubject: Re: Night in Town   Night in Town - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 9:29 pm

Gemini stays silent for a moment, letting out a very low, barely audible, sigh." Yes, I...Suppose that's one way to put it. Though if you would please, it's something I rather not think about any more." The silence barely bothers him, and if he were honest with himself, he'd probably think that he didn't really notice the music in the first place." Anyway, you've been silent, Miss Starcatcher. Anything you'd like to say?" Though Gemini wanted to change the subject, he genuinely was curious as to the quiet mare now. She just seemed so...shy, he supposed.
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

PostSubject: Re: Night in Town   Night in Town - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 2:46 am

Feeling all eye's in the room on her, Starcatcher gulped, feeling her cheeks getting flushed as she tried desperately to find something to focus on. All this attention was making her uncomfortable, and she could feel her shyness creeping back. The silence was just oppressing, so she figured she should say something to break it, but no words came. It was like her throat had dried up. Finally focusing on her hooves, she shook her head ever so slightly, her mind still blank.
Back to top Go down
1ncnspcuous
Procedures Administrator
1ncnspcuous

PostSubject: Re: Night in Town   Night in Town - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 5:27 pm

Having anticipated a response of that nature, Victoria swiftly interceded on her behalf. She rested her hoof upon her breast and parted her lips to speak. "No matter, darling. Sometimes it is more comfortable to spectate 'zan to participate."

She rose to her hooves and drifted to Azure's side. As a rather assuming gesture of affection, she draped her feathers over his back.

"Have you each a place to rest your heads, tonight?" She addressed to all with renewed merriment.

Of course, her underlying sentiments differed substantially from her tone and demeanor. She was less than satisfied with the replies of Gemini and Starcatcher, being an inherently invasive mare. After all, the control which she so craved required an understanding of the subject. With regards to this, however, she remained silent.
Back to top Go down
Cloudburst7

Cloudburst7

PostSubject: Re: Night in Town   Night in Town - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 6:38 pm

He was curious towards the tickling sensation of wings prodding against his back, but was nonetheless inviting to the contact; Azure was always one to enjoy affectionate exchanges, be they polite or otherwise.

"Hmm, hmm."

The noise resembled a reserved chuckle, as he thought how exactly he'd word himself. Of course, this gave ample time for the others to give their piece on the matter.

"As much as I'd like to argue I do, I must admit I do not live near Ponyville. My house is rather... secluded from the hustle and bustle of everyday life ponies might experience here."

He was now smiling, demeanor having improved very swiftly.

"Out of my own curiosities, I came here despite the knowledge that finding my way back would be all but impossible in the dim light of evening. I suppose that gives some literal form to 'curiosity killed the cat.'

He interjected his own words with an appropriately timed bout of laughter.

"While I wouldn't exactly call myself whimsical, you could say I planned to not have a plan when visiting; I felt it would ruin the experience to be overly regimented. Not to mention I'd likely never have been graced with meeting you lovely bunch otherwise, so I've no regrets."

In regards to explaining the predicament which was inarguably and ultimately his own fault, he couldn't help but have a small tint of pink show through on his cheeks. Notwithstanding, Azure was still clearly joyful. Likely because of that last bit he shared with them all.

As a footnote in the stallion's mind, he figured it a likelihood to be pressed some for more information about where he lived, given what he knew and could surmise about Victoria thus far.
Back to top Go down
gemini starshade

gemini starshade

PostSubject: Re: Night in Town   Night in Town - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 11:03 am

Gemini chuckles a bit." That's a fun little situation you've gotten yourself into then. Though a little 'adventure' never hurt no one, was it really wise to go out when it'd be hard to find your way back home?" Gemini waits for everypony else's answer to Victoria's question before he gives his answer.
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

PostSubject: Re: Night in Town   Night in Town - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 7:46 pm

Starcatcher nodded, a slight flush still decorating her cheeks. "I... I have a h-home in the clouds..." she mumbled, almost inaudibly. She ruffled her feathers, feeling awkward and uncomfortable. The previous comfort of the little home was now gone with her confidence.
Back to top Go down
1ncnspcuous
Procedures Administrator
1ncnspcuous

PostSubject: Re: Night in Town   Night in Town - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 9:32 pm

"Oh, how wonderful," Victoria warmly acknowledged. She met the mare's answer with a curl of the lip and a mild glance; entities of an inherent charm and sincerity. However, she was cruel and unyielding, and condemned the mare's bashful tendencies. Accordingly, whereas a distant onlooker would struggle to decipher the malice in her expression, it was perhaps as if her bright eyes and piercing stare withheld a grisly phantom of hatred -- a chilling absence of a soul.

Then, with a flicker, the deathly specter receded into the depths of her mind.

"I ask simply because, 'zough a stranger I may be, I entreat you all to spend 'ze night in my company," she resumed with a tone almost as dynamic as music. "It shall be quite tough to return to 'ze clouds, Mademoiselle, whilst heavy rains douse your flight feathers. I do insist 'zat you at least stay until 'ze skies are clear."

She renewed the grasp of her wing upon Azure with a gentle squeeze. "As for you, my dear, rest assured 'zat you may end your journey here. And, if you will pleasure me with your company, I shall see to it 'zat you are safely on your way home come morning."

Lastly, Victoria turned to Gemini. "And how about you, Monsieur? Have you any other plans? 'Zere is room and accommodation enough for every one of you."

She folded her wing neatly before separating from Azure and preemptively moving to light more candles. As each bedroom connected to the common room, she remained in audible range while she went about illuminating the corners of her home. Soon, the air softened with the aroma of sweet-scented candles.

As to why, in truth, she desired for them to stay, it was unknown.
Back to top Go down
Cloudburst7

Cloudburst7

PostSubject: Re: Night in Town   Night in Town - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 2:05 am

Azure shot the mare a sidelong glance as she spoke to the others in her deceptively kind and benevolent tone. Victoria seemed... off. Was it her smile? No, that wasn't it. Her stare, however. He wanted to shudder from the chill suddenly working its way down his spine. Her expression was of a smile, her words akin to a carefully woven basket. Her eyes, though; that callous, unfeeling stare. For but a moment, it was like he could truly see the pegasus for what she was. But for a moment it was there, and no more--any malice and lifelessness he thought he detected was whisked away into the recesses of what he could only assume was the mind behind it all.

He'd not be surprised if nobody else had seen what he had, she was right next to him as opposed to being some distance away from the other two in the room after all. Luckily, that terrifying malignity was not directed to him for the short time it surfaced... at least he hoped it wasn't.

He himself remained rather reserved in showing emotion aside from the smile and blush still adorning his face. He sighed contently after more or less getting a hug from Victoria's wing. He had not much of a clue as to how she viewed him, but he could only hope the short embrace given to him was at least partially genuine. He politely nodded his head in Victoria's direction.

"That's very hospitable of you, Victoria. Though, I would hate to impose."

He did his best to put an expression of guilt for being a bother, purposely doing a terrible job. Then again, mock expressions usually strived for such. Eventually, their hostess seemed to drift apart from the group to help add atmosphere to the cozy domicile they all resided within, and that gave Azure time to swallow. He had a bad feeling in his gut.
Back to top Go down
gemini starshade

gemini starshade

PostSubject: Re: Night in Town   Night in Town - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 12:24 pm

Gemini nods his head in agreement with what Azure said."Yes, I wouldn't want to overstay my welcome." He says just barely noticing the look in Victoria's eyes before stretching his wings out." Besides, though I do tend to enjoy everypony's company, I find it...odd that you would allow the three of us stay the night, considering how we just met." Gemini's voice remains calm the whole time he's talking, not even a hint of suspicion in his voice despite what he said.
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

PostSubject: Re: Night in Town   Night in Town - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 3:01 am

Starcatcher just shook her head. "I... I have a bad habit of taking flights late at night..." she mumbled, playing with her mane a bit. "A-Anyway, I don't think I could sleep in the home of some pony I just met... No offence intended."
Back to top Go down
1ncnspcuous
Procedures Administrator
1ncnspcuous

PostSubject: Re: Night in Town   Night in Town - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 12:44 am

In time, she returned, still cradling the candle in her feathers. The flame, minuscule yet dancing with lifelike vigor, colored and accentuated her features. Her subsequent vacant glance was the sole evidence of her conclusion that each of her guests had maintained some reservations.

"My love, if you would only stay, you would make me quite 'ze happy mare," she mirthfully insisted, flicking a nod toward Azure before proceeding to involve herself in other hospitable amendments. The phonograph was set in motion once more, reviving an atmosphere of leisure with the aid of plentiful romantic repertoire. The smokey burgundy curtains were drawn; the firewood, set aflame.

Then, returning to the sitting area, Victoria rested her forelegs atop the arm of the sofa chair upon which Gemini sat. "Your concerns are fair, dear Gemini. However, is it truly so strange to extend ones privileges to 'zose of equal need?" she finally rejoined, bearing a resilient smile. "In the land from which I hail, it is no less 'zan ones societal obligation to harbor a weary passerby."

Presently, the mare resumed her pacing. "Perhaps it is my naïveté which compels me to believe 'zat friendship may be spontaneously established," she reflected idly, drifting past the back of Starcatcher's chair.

"Tell me, love, what more may I do to appease you?" she earnestly appealed to Azure, now standing right before him; searching his eyes with her own in accordance with her contrived plea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Night in Town   Night in Town - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Night in Town
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next