My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Quest For New-Lands!

Go down 
+2
Sweet Dreams
Vastile
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vastile

Vastile

A Quest For New-Lands! Empty
PostSubject: A Quest For New-Lands!   A Quest For New-Lands! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 12:40 am

Vastile was sitting in his usually spot on the stage in the Ponyville Tavern. His music and illusion was always welcome here and for only wishing to be paid in drinks, he did very well.

He was taking break, a little sign showing that he had a few minutes left, until he would perform a bit. "This Warp Pipe is... better than usual." Vastile raised his glass to the Bartender, "Well done, my friend."

Vastile closed his eyes behind his glasses, wondering if anything will happen soon...
Back to top Go down
http://Vastile.Deviantart.com
Sweet Dreams

Sweet Dreams

Location : That dark place between worlds all souls will one day vist

PostSubject: Re: A Quest For New-Lands!   A Quest For New-Lands! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 12:53 am

Sweet Dreams trotted into the tavern humming a slight tune as she made her way to the bar and sits down at the bar pulling out a journal from her bags and holds up a hoof to the bartender when he moves to fix her a drink "Just a cider tonight Bucks" She says softly as she starts to write still humming her soft little tune.
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: A Quest For New-Lands!   A Quest For New-Lands! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 1:17 am

Recurve trotted into the ba-- er, Tavern, for the second time this week. He now went somewhere that wasn't his backyard or locked in his house. Maybe he was adjusting? Maybe, but he still hated everypony. He came in just as one pony was finishing up his performance. He went up to the counter, sat two seats away from the unicorn, and ordered some hard cider. Lets hope neither of the ponies gives him any attention. And if they were, it better be worth his time...
Back to top Go down
Talveryn

Talveryn

PostSubject: Re: A Quest For New-Lands!   A Quest For New-Lands! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 1:41 am

Honey Spice opened the door to the tavern, wincing as it made a squeaky noise. She didn't exactly want to come in here, but she had just spend all day flying around, taking pictures of Ponyville from above, and she was awfully tired. She could use a quick refresher before heading back out for more pictures.

Her parents, Ponyville's resident coffee makers, would hate it if they ever found out that she drank something from a rival shop. But there was nothing Honey could do about that; she was thirsty, and her parent's shop wasn't very near to where she was.

Besides, drinking coffee all day isn't exactly healthy.

The caramel mare didn't like how full the tavern seemed, but that couldn't be helped. Quietly, she made her way to the front, taking a free chair inbetween a unicorn, and...she wanted to say 'Earth pony', but that didn't seem quite right.

She patiently waited for the bartender to come by where she was, then raised her hoof for attention, almost as if she were back in school.

"Um, I'd like some apple juice, if you had any?" She asked, and then went back into silence, looking at her camera while she waited for her drink to appear.
Back to top Go down
Vastile

Vastile

PostSubject: Re: A Quest For New-Lands!   A Quest For New-Lands! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 2:41 am

The bar was peaceful for a time.

A trumpet sounded from outside, Vastile's eyes opened, "I thought I was the only Trumpeter in town..." The sound was a party of Canterlot officials, a few guards, a Harold and a troupe of trumpeters.

"Hear me, Hear me!" The Harold bellowed...

Vastile winced... "We hear you..."

The Harold grimaced, "We are announcing a commission for an exploration to undiscovered lands. Those interested must be strong, brave, intelligent, and quick. The new-lands are treacherous and fraught with pure magic... pure magic is dangerous and is usually the place were magical creatures gather. Anypony interested?"

Vastile looks down at the group and laughed, "Ahahaha... A dangerous journey to un-discovered lands? Why not, It'll give me something to write about." Vastile hopped down and closed his Trumpet within the case at his back. "Count me in, fancy-pants."

The Harold scowled...
Back to top Go down
Sweet Dreams

Sweet Dreams

PostSubject: Re: A Quest For New-Lands!   A Quest For New-Lands! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 2:54 am

Sweet's eyes light up at the words "magical creatures" "Ill be very much glad to go! when do we leave!?" She says with a twinkle in her eye, Sweets had taken a recent likening to every thing from Manticores to Changelings as of late and who knows maybe this Adventure would lead to her getting her cutie mark.
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: A Quest For New-Lands!   A Quest For New-Lands! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 3:30 am

Recurve heard that there was adventure and dangerous things. He liked things that were dangerous. Mostly because ponies either are terrified or die in the face of them. It's funny. He took his bow and walked up to the loud pony who announced all of that

"Are there bits involved, or any rewards?"

He didn't want to join in on this if it was only adventuring. He could do without that. But then he saw two other ponies want to be a part of it. They didn't seem like the frightened type, but they could still get hurt. Either way, he wanted more than just the satisfaction of other's suffering. A little payment couldn't hurt, right?
Back to top Go down
Talveryn

Talveryn

PostSubject: Re: A Quest For New-Lands!   A Quest For New-Lands! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 3:37 am

"New lands?" Honey mused, glancing down at her camera in thought. She's always enjoyed traveling, but she hasn't ever gotten that far past Ponyville.

And she does have the next week off from work...when she's not working, her parents didn't care very much about where she was or what she was doing.

"Oh, I'd like to join as well..." She said; she could use this trip to sightsee and take pictures with her camera. That's always fun.
Back to top Go down
Vastile

Vastile

PostSubject: Re: A Quest For New-Lands!   A Quest For New-Lands! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 3:46 am

The Harold smirked, "The rewards are as follows: 150,000 bits, 50 rare gems, a permanent suite in Canterlot Castle, and an official namery from her highness, Celestia."

Vastile smiled, "Sounds fair."

The Harold continued, "You must cover a set amount of land and there will be minor rewards for samples and other treasures based on their merit, judged by her highness herself."

Vastile smiled back, "Where did you get those pants, they are very... Flamboyant..."

The Harold scowled... his eye twitched.

The Harold looked to Sweet Dreams, "YOU..." He choked the word out, "Leave... immediately. Equipment will be provided... You may choose it, but I regret to inform you we haven't much for you, so... nothing ridiculous..."

Vastile laughed again, "Well, for starters. I'll take a bow made of cherrywood and quiver of 100 copper tipped arrows, a few drafts of potion to restore stamina and magic, a nice dagger, and a pair of fancy pants like you have!"

The Harold continued to scowl at Vastile, even as he shifted his trousers a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sweet Dreams

Sweet Dreams

PostSubject: Re: A Quest For New-Lands!   A Quest For New-Lands! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 4:23 pm

Sweets taped a hoof to her chin "Hmm ill need some good strong rope hmmm...a book of languages food and water of course...quills and ink...oh and a Adventures hat!" She says with a grin
"Well i mean....if its not to much trouble that is...' she says with a slight blush
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: A Quest For New-Lands!   A Quest For New-Lands! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 4:31 pm

That gray unicorn was having fun with the trumpeter. The trumpeter mention huge rewards just for exploring. It couldn't be that bad. Besides, the rewards seem very worth it. He wasn't fond with the Celestia part though.

"Take out the part with Celestia, and you have a deal."

He didn't want much attention. Especially nothing from somepony as high up as Celestia. He didn't like Celestia in general. The bits and gems were more than enough already. He said something about equipment. No matter what, he was taking his bow. He's had that thing for years, and he's not letting it go for anything.

"Just give me some arrows. That's the only real equipment I need"
Back to top Go down
Talveryn

Talveryn

PostSubject: Re: A Quest For New-Lands!   A Quest For New-Lands! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 5:01 pm

"Equipment?" Honey echoed, thinking it over. What kind of equipment would she be able to use? The stallions were requesting mainly fighting material, but Honey knew she wouldn't have the ability to fight. She hoped this trip wasn't dangerous.

"Um...food and water would be nice...and a saddlebag so I could hold stuff inside." She requested, taking a moment to sip on her drink the bartender gave her.

"Extra camera parts and film, just in case mine gets ruined, and, uh..." She thought for another moment. "Is where we're going going to be hot? Or cold? Perhaps a jacket, just in case? And a hat, too? Oh...and a journal and something to write with?" She told the trumpeter, hoping it wasn't too much trouble.
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

PostSubject: Re: A Quest For New-Lands!   A Quest For New-Lands! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 8:47 pm

Jim's ears perked up as he passed by the tavern. He heard "150000 bits and 50 gems" and he was in like a shot. He asked the herald what this was about. He thought momentarily. He did have a while off, and he would be useful- they'd need a doctor. However, did he really want the other stuff? Them again, the title would be useful for future Job prospects, and he didn't need to live in the suite in canterlot. He could sell it or something. Plus, it would be good field experience for him, as the trip would no doubt be dangerous.

"Alright then, I'll join. I'm going to need bandages, a doctor's bag and these medical supplies."

He quickly wrote a list of what he would need.

"Oh, and I don't suppose there's any chance of me getting a sword?"

After getting his answer, Jim stood next to the other ponies volunteering. This should be a good laugh! Oh course, he'd need to write some letters. Sunny needed to know where her coltfriend went, his me tot would need to know too so Jim didn't look like he was skipping training like an idiot. And his parents would also need to be notified.

"Hey, will we get a moment to notify everypony who needs to know where we're going?" He asked the herald.
Back to top Go down
Vastile

Vastile

PostSubject: Re: A Quest For New-Lands!   A Quest For New-Lands! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 9:11 pm

The Herald sighed... "You will leave tomorrow morning. Meet here at 0-700 and claim your equipment... All of this seems in order and you will all have it." He looked to Jim, "You will have until then to notify your colleagues..."

Vastile smiled and moved to the bar table, "A drink for Fancy-Pants!" Vastile looked to the herald, "What is your name?"

The herald scowled a very threatening stare, "My name is... UGH!" The Herald stormed out and called for his troupe to follow. They all left and Vastile just smiled.

"Well then... A drink for my Quest Mates!"

Vastile handed each of the Questers a Warp Pipe and smiled, downing his own.
Back to top Go down
Sweet Dreams

Sweet Dreams

PostSubject: Re: A Quest For New-Lands!   A Quest For New-Lands! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 10:02 pm

Sweets smiles and drinks it then hiccups "S-So since we will be traveling together I think we should at lest learn each others names. My names Sweet Dreams what's yours?" She asks with a smile
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: A Quest For New-Lands!   A Quest For New-Lands! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 10:42 pm

Recurve was ready for adventure, somewhat, but didn't like the appeal of going with everypony else didn't really seem that great. But, there was a lot of rewards involved in this. And he got a free drink. Now let's hope he doesn't have to split the rewards with the others He'd kill them himself if he had to. He took a sip of the drink the gray one passed around and looked at the unicorn.

"My name is Recurve. That's all you need to know"

That was his standard greeting for ponies. He always had the feeling that somepony would go into that and ask him questions. Sometimes, he actually wanted it, so he could get some stuff off his chest. But nopony could know, nor would he let them know. It would lead to those horrid emotions of Friendship and Love... Ugh....
Back to top Go down
Talveryn

Talveryn

PostSubject: Re: A Quest For New-Lands!   A Quest For New-Lands! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 1:04 am

Honey Spice looked down at her own drink, a liquid she's seen before, before sitting it aside in favor of her apple juice instead. She hoped that stallion Vastile wouldn't mind. "I'm Honey Spice." She said simply, not wanting to speak more than she needed around these group of strangers.
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

PostSubject: Re: A Quest For New-Lands!   A Quest For New-Lands! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:28 pm

Jim took his drink, grinning. The promise of adventure? Free drinks? He was liking this already. He observed the others. He'd seen them all around town but had never really got to know them. A doctor's work is never done.

Jim downed his drink. "That stuff's nice. I prefer McEwan's, but what the Hay. My name's Medic Jim, but just call me Jim. Those rewards look good, eh? Could do without the suite, but the rest would be useful. I have to wonder if we get the amount individually or have to split it."

This wasn't the best bunch. The pony who kept annoying the herald seemed like a laugh, and sweet wasn't that mopey but the other two didn't seem happy. Heh, they'd go well together.

He took out a feather and a bit of paper to start writing his letters.
Back to top Go down
Vastile

Vastile

PostSubject: Re: A Quest For New-Lands!   A Quest For New-Lands! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:37 pm

"Based on all the other rewards being individual gets, I imagine the bits are not split, but rather supplied as a form of pension to those on the Quest."

Vastile smiled, "As for the Suite, It'll give me a place to stay and a storage area for my instruments, when I head into Canterlot. Maybe, I'll even hold some privet shows to the silver-lined pockets of Equestria there..."

"Well, I'm done for the night here, my set is up. I'll be back here tomorrow at the allotted time, see you folks there. I'll bring Marshmallow Squares."

At that, Vastile stood and strode from the Tav. He would be back and indeed... He would have Marshmallow Squares.
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: A Quest For New-Lands!   A Quest For New-Lands! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 9:54 pm

Recurve was growing fond of this adventure idea. Still not liking the group, though. He maybe could get used to the gray one, Vastile. He wasn't really listening to the names too much. All he wanted was the rewards, and to maybe see a pony or two die or get seriously injured. Seemed like the ponies were getting ready to leave. He finished his drink, threw it at some random pony, aiming to hit their head and cover their face in glass shards and have them bleed and pass out, hehehehe.... Where was I? Oh yeah, he threw his glass and headed to his ordinary home that actually wasn't too far from the Tavern now that he realized it. On his way out, he said:

"I will return, sadly..."
Back to top Go down
Sweet Dreams

Sweet Dreams

PostSubject: Re: A Quest For New-Lands!   A Quest For New-Lands! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 10:48 pm

Sweets drank the rest of her drink slowly "Well ill be here all night" She says softly, Sweets had been staying in a room at the tavern and helped the bartender Bucks in the kitchen in return. She hums softly as she opened her journal and started to draw a Changeling beside some writing.
Back to top Go down
Talveryn

Talveryn

PostSubject: Re: A Quest For New-Lands!   A Quest For New-Lands! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 8:05 pm

Honey winced, seeing one of the other pony's hit someone in the head with their mug. And...she was adventuring with that said pony. Great.

Seeing some of her other group mates start to leave, she thought she should leave as well. She'll tell her parents tonight about her trip, and maybe borrow a couple of bits for the road, just in case.

The Pegasus silently put her mug back on the counter for the bartender to collect, paid her bill, and flew out of the Tavern as she compiled a checklist of what she needed to do before the trip.
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

PostSubject: Re: A Quest For New-Lands!   A Quest For New-Lands! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 7:35 pm

Jim decided to leave. He was a better writer at home, and this lot weren't the most sociable.

"Whelp, I'm offski. See you lot tomorrow. "

He left the tavern and walked back to his flat. He was feeling optimistic- this would be fun! An adventure! He'd find tons of treasure and bring it all back! On his way home, he bumped into his boss. After explaining what was happening, the older stallion let him go. He knew what it was like as a young pony- thirsting to see the world.

Jim went home, wrote his letters, chucked them in the postbox and went to bed.
Back to top Go down
Vastile

Vastile

PostSubject: Re: A Quest For New-Lands!   A Quest For New-Lands! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 12:04 am

Vastile arrived back at the Tav, "Time to start this deally right!" Vastile waited outside the Tavern, on a bench. He could see some of the party arriving now.

"A-O, Mi amigos. You ready to hike-up?"

Last edited by Vastile on Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sweet Dreams

Sweet Dreams

PostSubject: Re: A Quest For New-Lands!   A Quest For New-Lands! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 1:34 am

Sweets yawns softly, she had not slept much being to excited for todays quest but smiles at Vasile all the same. "I was born ready!" She says cheerily then looks around "Seems like everypony isn't here yet..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Quest For New-Lands!   A Quest For New-Lands! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Quest For New-Lands!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next