My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

In which gifts are bought and apologies are made.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

Location : A little pocket universe after almost destroying the old one.

In which gifts are bought and apologies are made. Empty
PostSubject: In which gifts are bought and apologies are made.   In which gifts are bought and apologies are made. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 10:26 pm

Intel was seriously lost. Hearth's Warming was a nice time for friends, family, food, fun and other fantastic thing begining with 'f', but the experience of buying gifts for the ponies you knew and loved was something he'd never had to experience. Usually, the Design family would exchange with other families, meaning Intel did not have to be involved in the process. No, it was strictly the business of the mares, making the whole thing infintely more pleasant for everyone involved.

But even Intel hadn't predicted how bad it could get if he was involved in the the timeless tradition. He had simply no idea what to get his fellow ponies. He didn't even understand most of the stuff that was put on display as he simply stared blankly at the various windows. He was starting to consider simply gift wrapping bits with a note wishing the receiver a Happy Hearth's Warming.
Back to top Go down
Mriia

Mriia

PostSubject: Re: In which gifts are bought and apologies are made.   In which gifts are bought and apologies are made. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 10:55 pm

Hearth Warming time Just does murder on many of the larger Pegisi, Including Night Flare. Her Delicate bones were protected by a Felt coat over a sweater A long scarf warped securely around her neck. On her back legs she wore a pair of woolen grey leggings and leg warmers that matched her sweater. She hovered above the snow about three feet, not wanting to trudge threw it. Night Flare also feared that if she stopped flapping her wings the cold would make them seize up.

Night Flare had shopping to do, There were presents for her mother, and her employees of course. But when she had made her list this morning it felt wrong to include Iccy, and Shala, even Indigo, despite there rough start. Gazing into a window filled with trinkets she sighed. Her mother and her employees were easy, but as for Shala and the others she had no idea.

Looking up from the display she caught sight of A familiar face. At least she might try and finish one of her lists.

Fluttering up to the Navy Stallion Night flare landed a few feet away in a fairly shallow snow bank. Pulling her wings into the warmth of her coat Night Flare looked into the window Intel was staring into. "Merry Hearth Warming.... Sir, do you perhaps remember me?"
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: In which gifts are bought and apologies are made.   In which gifts are bought and apologies are made. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 11:07 pm

"Happy Hearth's Warming," Intel replied automatically, then frowned as he actually looked at the pegasus pony. It took about fifteen seconds of staring before he realized who she was.

"Oh," he said in a depressed tone, "You."

Uneasily trying not to make eye contact, Intel tried to think of something to say. Icarus said that she was a nice pony, yet Intel wasn't sure how she would think of him after his drunken rant. It wouldn't be a positive view, in any case. Then again, running away or ignoring her would probably make the situation somewhat worse.

"So. I- Hmm. How have you...been?" he asked wretchedly, the words of a pony that had no clue on what to say.
Back to top Go down
Mriia

Mriia

PostSubject: Re: In which gifts are bought and apologies are made.   In which gifts are bought and apologies are made. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 11:24 pm

Regarding a box of rum infused chocolates in the window she paused a moment to think on it. "Decently enough, There has been some damage at the spa but everything is running smoothly despite the construction." And her employees should be getting out of the hospital soon as well.

"I fear I must apologize, That night..." She didn't think she need to state what night. "I did not mean for what I said to effect everyone so."

Smiling but her eyes read of embarrassment she looked up to Intel. " I didn't speak as eloquently as I should have, and the alcohol made me speak a bit more freely."
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: In which gifts are bought and apologies are made.   In which gifts are bought and apologies are made. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 5:03 am

Intel racked his brain, trying to remember the night in question. "I think my problem was with the eloquence," he said, just as embarassed, "And alcohol affected all of us that evening." He winced as he remembered being smashed in the head. "But I think the fault was mine. I lashed out at you unfairly. I don't even fully remember why I lashed out at you. It was a rather horrible night."

Intel thought about it some more. "Now that I think about it, almost everyone in Ponyville has some trauma of some sort. I don't know why, it's like this place attracts broken ponies. Stirring up such thoughts only hurts, unless one is ready. I don't think anyone was ready that evening."

He sighed. "And I'm not ready now. So Ms Flare, I will accept your apology for being honest on the condition of accepting my apology for being unreasonable. Maybe one day, we can talk about our tragedies, but let that day not be today. Deal?"

This was coupled with a hoof held out in friendship.
Back to top Go down
Mriia

Mriia

PostSubject: Re: In which gifts are bought and apologies are made.   In which gifts are bought and apologies are made. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 5:51 am

Nodding her head Night Looked out across the street, watching all the normal looking ponies that went about there business. They all looked so normal, but then, from there standpoint Night and Intel Probably looked fairly normal. "Mayhaps because its such a quite place, Its were we run to lick our wounds and build a new life away from the hurt. I had no idea that everyone here was so broken, or I would have stepped more carefully." Shaking her head she looked back at Intel.

With a nerviness laugh Night adjusted her scarf. "My mothers would have killed me, if they knew I went stomping around like that on fragile ponies." Well, they would talk her to death with therapist logic anyway.

Nodding agreeably to his terms she took his hoof in her own and gave it a firm shake. "Deal."

Ruffling her wings under her coat Night shivered. Winter was not kind to big pegisi, at least if she was grounded she could stay at the spa. "What brings you out on this Celestiacursed day? Or are you one of those ponies that likes the snow?"
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: In which gifts are bought and apologies are made.   In which gifts are bought and apologies are made. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 6:10 am

"Snow is good. I like snow. When I'm inside and it's outside," Intel replied looking at a random window, "But honestly, my problem is presents. It is a perplexing problem, presents, and right now, I feel like I'm winning a prize."

Intel looked at Flare questioningly. "I'm supposed to get a present a alcohol pony would like that won't promote drinking, something for a pony who could build all he wants, a friend who recently got strangled, and a rooster statue. Riddle me that."

Thinking a little more, he added, "And something to keep pegasi warm during winter. You seem quite cold, Ms Flare."
Back to top Go down
Mriia

Mriia

PostSubject: Re: In which gifts are bought and apologies are made.   In which gifts are bought and apologies are made. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 5:41 am

"What A coincidence!" Night Grinned, pushing the cold out of her mind. "I to am shopping for presents. I find this is this is the first time I get to buy for someone other then my mothers." Thinking back Night Flare frowned. There was that one time she had attempted to get some presents for the other members of the gang, it had been fairly depressing. "Well I did Try before, for some ... friends, in Cloudsdale...." She left it there, pushing the memories to the side again she looked back into the window.

"A roster Statue? That is a bit odd." Night Flare tilted her head as if considering something in the store. even though she had already decided it was filled with trinkets.

"Well, most alcoholic ponies enjoy chocolate!, Or perhaps a tea to help care for hangovers?" Turning to stare at Intel Night Flare paused a moment. "A ... Strangling? who? Do we know the culprit?" Her eyes seemed a little harder, more intent.

"For a Pegisi of my... size winter can be terrible. the air is so dry and thin its hard for us to get lift. Its also hard on our joints...."

Smiling Night Flare stepped up to stand beside Intel. "Well Mr. Design, I think to solve our shopping dilemmas we must shop together for a time. I simply do not know what to get you or dear Iccy."
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: In which gifts are bought and apologies are made.   In which gifts are bought and apologies are made. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 2:00 am

"I wouldn't know what to get myself," Intel muttered, walking along with the bigger pony. "Icarus, I'm planning to get a toy glider or something. Maybe even make a scaled down version of his one. That'd be nice."

"Yeah, Indigo was strangled. By this camerapony, crazy even by Ponyville standards. Had a film cutie mark, probably a photographer of some sort. Abused his magic. Had to be sealed." Intel shook his head in shame. "I don't know what to get him either."

"Chocolate...that might work. Yes, chocolate would be nice..." Intel thought, or tried to, as something was kicking the back of his mind.

Finally, he realised. "Wait, you said 'mothers'?"

Homosexual couples were not unheard of in Equestria, but they were rare enough to be a curiousity. Intel hadn't met anypony who was, or was directly related to such a pair. The already interesting Night Flare just became more interesting constantly.
Back to top Go down
Mriia

Mriia

PostSubject: Re: In which gifts are bought and apologies are made.   In which gifts are bought and apologies are made. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 6:39 am

"A Film Cutie Mark..." Night Thought back to the ponies she knew Her eyes slowly narrowing into a glare. "I thought he was only a danger to himself... I told him to get help..." She muttered, scanning the crowed of ponies as if she would find him.

"No matter, Indigo is still alive and that is what matters." She would have words for Reel when she found him. "Will charges be pressed? That might be the best thing for both of them." Night didn't want to say she thought Indigo might just be the kind of pony to take revenge, She didn't know him that well.

At the mention of her mothers Night Flare Smiled. "Ah sorry, Does it bother you? I always forget that not every pony is comfortable about Same sex couples. But yes I was adopted into a same sex family. My mothers were both therapists, I fear it may have a lasting effect, growing up with all of there mind games." Night Laughed looking at Intel. "Did you have to grow up around many mind games Intel?"
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: In which gifts are bought and apologies are made.   In which gifts are bought and apologies are made. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 7:24 am

"Let's just say Mr Camera won't be able to use magic until he is stable," Intel said glumly, depressed by the fact that the pony had already been advised to get help before he pulled the stunt.

The other topic was much easier to talk about. "No, not really bothered. Just curious. Never really knew anypony like that. Though your parents may explain your..." Intel tried to think of the right words, "Psychological philosophy. My parents were pretty straightforward. If they saw a spade, they called it a spade, which made them stick out in the Canterlot courts, if only because most of the noble ponies never saw a spade in their lives. They can be a little bit too blunt, though..."

"I suppose you don't have any siblings, because of your family, am I correct? I have just the one, a younger sister. She plays to the court the most out of all of us, still being a magnificent example of the Design family to boot. Trying to outmatch her in conversation was a continually fruitless exercise. We have no idea where it comes from."

Intel looked around. "So, where would be a good place to buy chocolates for Shala...?"
Back to top Go down
Mriia

Mriia

PostSubject: Re: In which gifts are bought and apologies are made.   In which gifts are bought and apologies are made. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 7:01 pm

"Canterlot? It can be an interesting place, though I must say unless you have a horn growing out of your skull they treat you like dirt. Before I came hear to look after the spa for Aloe and Lotus I used to teach nobles fencing. They treat it Like a sport." Night Flare laughed Scanning the street for a shop that called to her.

"Siblings?" Night paused a moment and looked back at Intel cocking her head to the side. "With my mothers no, Its a shame they don't let same gender couples adopt more, They are the only ones really fighting to adopt a filly or colt that is not theirs by birth. But Siblings..." Looking back into the streets Night Flare Sighed. "I have 3 younger ones with my birth parents, they were very young when they had me, and nether wanted to give up being a war pony to care after a baby. I've not talked to them, My biological father made it very clear that I was unwelcome."

Shaking the memory from her mind Night Flare realized that her hoof was pressed to her chest, where under her coat and sweater her father had made it 'point' Placing her hoof back down in the snow Night went back to scanning the shop fronts. "We could try there." She pointed to a small store front a few shops down that a Mare and two children walked out. the children were happily eating chocolate while the mother was carrying a larger box withing the field of her magic.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: In which gifts are bought and apologies are made.   In which gifts are bought and apologies are made. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 7:40 pm

Intel's pride wanted to dispute Flare's comments about Canterlot's preference for the unicorn race, but his rational side could find no argument against them. Aside from the rare exception, the other races were looked down upon.

"Very well, then," he said, nodding to the store that Flare pointed out. His mind was still processing the fact that he was standing next to a warpony, which made him a little nervous. Ponies born to fight, explaining the large build and the...the appearance the blurred the gender lines to supposedly make a more 'uniform' look. Of course, so long as he didn't do anything completely stupid, he would be fine...hopefully.

"Still, from teaching fencing to working in a spa? That's a bit of a vocational jump, Ms Flare," Intel commented mildly as he opened the door for his larger companion. He was raised by nobles, after all. Entering the store, he was overwhelmed by the amount of chocolate on display. Dark ones, light ones, ones in the shape of Celestia, Luna, and the bearers of the elements (currently, the Rainbow Dash ones have been sold out). 'Wonderbolt' brand chocolates that looked pretty much like the rest, except for the price tag. Chocolates in heart shaped boxes, cylinder shaped boxes, house shaped boxes. On the counter, there was a fountain bearing a note that said 'Chocolate fountain not operational due to Pinkie Pie'.

When Intel regained his breath, he said, "Okay. Wow."
Back to top Go down
Mriia

Mriia

PostSubject: Re: In which gifts are bought and apologies are made.   In which gifts are bought and apologies are made. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 5:12 am

"Well If you think about it its not that big of a jump." Thinking a moment Night added. "But maybe a little back story will help."

"My mothers were very much against me taking up arms and joining the army, But were kind enough to let me take up Fencing as an art form instead. When it came to make my way in life I decided if I couldn't be in the army, I could at least be a trainer, and part of that was learning physical therapy and things like that." Laughing Night followed Intel into the store.

"Witch translates into Massage... among other things..." Night trailed off, captivated by the display of chocolate. But it was the display of powdered teas coco's and cider that drew her attention. "White chocolate Cranberry coco? Chocolate peppermint tea? I had no idea they made chocolate into tea." Night said a little wonder in her voice. She could already tell she wouldn't be leaving here without a few items. A package of every kind of coco they had just begged to be sent to her Ma.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: In which gifts are bought and apologies are made.   In which gifts are bought and apologies are made. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 5:35 am

"And they...oh, dear. They put liquor into these ones," Intel observed, "I would buy them for Shala, but I'm trying to get her into things that don't involve alcohol. Combining them both? It would only end in tragedy."

Then his eyes caught a chocolate display of Ponyville. "Wow. That's amazing," he breathed looking at the intricate structures. "How long do you think this took to make?" Every street, every building, was made into a confectionery version. It was also in a secure glass case, presumably to keep it from sticky hooves. "Wow, I can see my house from here!"

He also saw chocolates in the shape of clocks. He stared at them for a long, long while, debating whether or not he should be that mean. For it would be mean, no matter what the voice saying 'therapy' suggested.

In the end, he passed on them and instead chose a set of clock-less chocolates of different varieties, hoping that the receiver would like them.
Back to top Go down
Mriia

Mriia

PostSubject: Re: In which gifts are bought and apologies are made.   In which gifts are bought and apologies are made. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 6:08 am

Night Looked at the case in wonder it was lovely. "Ah it doesn't go out to Everfree, else I could say the same"

Night had the set of cocos but to that she had added a Collection of dark Chocolates for her mother. And a chocolate model of The Princess Faust, Celestias own Sky yacht In amazing miniature detail. "The other day I noticed Icarus had a flying cutie mark. Do you think he would like this?"

"Good Idea on the no liquor, She get enough as it is." Night Looked back at the section that was dedicated to teas and things. Spying a set of dandelion tea that even came with a lemon yellow tea set Night picked it up. "Dandelion tea is even better for hangovers then peppermint." Picking up a bar of lavender dark chocolate that was for herself she decided that this was all she needed from this store.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: In which gifts are bought and apologies are made.   In which gifts are bought and apologies are made. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 6:24 am

Intel looked over the miniature chocolate Princess Faust. "Ooh, I remember seeing that as a young colt!" He smiled at Flare's suggestion. "That is a fantastic idea. There's a whole story behind his cutie mark you know..." Intel took a glance to see Night Flare's cutie mark, but it was covered up. Of course, as a warpony that learnt fencing, it didn't take too much effort to work out...

"Right, non-alcoholic gift for an alcoholic pony, check!" Intel declared, checking his own mental checklist, "The gift for Icarus I can make myself, so that leaves the one for a strangled friend and the rooster statue."

It was now that Intel's mind realized the problem of actually trying to find the mysterious pony, but it as also now that it figured out a solution. If Stormy was going to the Canterlot Royal Library through the route nopony took any more...
Back to top Go down
Mriia

Mriia

PostSubject: Re: In which gifts are bought and apologies are made.   In which gifts are bought and apologies are made. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 6:19 am

"Its a shame the Princesses retired it, but Prince Blue Blood was dropping hints that the replacement would be just as magnificent." Laughing on her way to the counter to pay Night Flare added "I think he was just Jealous that his Yacht would not be the most beautiful in court anymore."

"Maybe a nice tea? Or one of those corn bags that warm up with magic and put around joints? They are marketed for elderly ponies. but they are great for any injury or pain that just needs some heat on it."

Turning to face Intel Night cocked her head to the side. "as for the rooster statue, that's oddly specific. I have no idea, does ponyville have an antique store?" That would be nights first bet, and maybe she would find the rest of her gifts there.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: In which gifts are bought and apologies are made.   In which gifts are bought and apologies are made. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 9:00 am

"It's a bit of an in-joke," Intel explained giving the required bits to the storepony, "The recipient has a secret passion for barnyard themed objects, or so I'd like to believe. Dunno if this place has an antique store."

Looking over the chocolate airship, he then went to say, "Knowing Prince Self-obsessed, probably. Think my grandfather worked on the old Blueblood yacht. The 'Blueblood XVI'. Of course they would name it after themselves. Apparently, there were huge arguments over the design and such. Either way, our families have avoided each other since."

"Indigo's cutie mark had one of those chess pieces, so maybe if we find an antique store, I can buy something like that there, as well as the mysterious rooster statue."
Back to top Go down
Mriia

Mriia

PostSubject: Re: In which gifts are bought and apologies are made.   In which gifts are bought and apologies are made. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 5:54 am

Night Nodded to Intel as she payed for the goods the cashier even helped her fix them into her saddle bags. Making sure everything was in order Night headed for the door. "I think that instead of magic they are born with narcissism." Night Laughed pushing threw the door and waiting for Intel.

"His father hired me to better the Prince's Fencing, when the Prince found out I feared if he tilted his nose any higher that he might Poke himself someplace that horn of his doesn't belong." That job had not lasted long. It was a sham, Blueblood senior was an amazing fencer, even if he would never have a go at the likes of her.

"Chess you say? I always thought of it as a bit like fencing but the winner isn't the one to draw first blood. Never really liked it myself." Night kicked a big clump of snow out of the street, wishing that she didn't decided against wearing shoes today. "When it comes to Fencing I relay on my intuition."
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: In which gifts are bought and apologies are made.   In which gifts are bought and apologies are made. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:47 am

"Never really did get into sports," Intel reflected, "Well, 'cept competitive stone skimming, but that's not really a sport, no matter what enthusiasts say." He walked out of the store.

He decided against talking more about Blueblood. It felt...impolite, especially since he couldn't think of anything nice to say about them.

"And that requires some intuition, I guess. Getting the perfect angle and such with your stone. But I usually compete just to train up my telekinesis. I don't care about competing with others that much."

As if to emphasise this, Intel levitated a medium sized snowball along with some smaller ones. He then revolved the small snowballs around the larger one.

"Mares are better at controlling each one independently," Intel explained, "A stallion like me has to visualise the whole thing as a complete system in order to do something like this."
Back to top Go down
Mriia

Mriia

PostSubject: Re: In which gifts are bought and apologies are made.   In which gifts are bought and apologies are made. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 4:01 am

"The Differences make sense. Its similar with Pegisi. Well without the light show." Night Laughed but she held a little wonder in her eyes as she watched the magic. She always did like seeing magic.

"A female Pegisi is much faster and agile then a male. While a male is more prone to stamina and strength." Shrugging Night added. "With warponies the lines blur."

She continued on for a bit in silence before asking. "Your a noble yes? I think better of you, partaking in something so common as skipping rocks." She remembered that one little noble filly had been ten strokes of a crop, for picking up a sword when it was her brother Night was teaching. Night had gotten fifty for letting her. She was more then happy to let those lessons go.

Spying a ratty looking place at the street corner she pointed to it. "Ether that is a junk shop. Or an antique shop."
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: In which gifts are bought and apologies are made.   In which gifts are bought and apologies are made. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 4:25 am

"Why can't nobles skip rocks?" Intel sighed, "Sure, it isn't flashy, but it's satisfying." He looked over to where Flare was pointing. "A little bit run down, isn't it?" he said cautiously.

It was. The store was headed by a sign simply saying 'Curiousities'. What looked like a bike was leaning in front of a window so dusty it didn't reveal anything but light. Dust seemed to be the majority of its stock when th door was opened, ringing a bell. There was no order. Boxes were piled up to cover the walls. All sorts of things hung from the ceiling. You didn't find anything in a place like this. Things found you.
Back to top Go down
Mriia

Mriia

PostSubject: Re: In which gifts are bought and apologies are made.   In which gifts are bought and apologies are made. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 5:40 am

Fighting back a fit of coughs Night pulled her scarf up over her muzzle and followed Intel inside. This show held its own sort of wonder. Little things that could only be described as things were everywhere.

Eyeing at a pile of old smarty pants dolls Night found it hard to find the words.

"Aah Wow..." she said, her voice muffled as she spook from behind her scarf. Poking the pile of dolls released another poof of dust. Throwing Night into another coughing fit.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: In which gifts are bought and apologies are made.   In which gifts are bought and apologies are made. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 5:59 am

Intel had eyed what seemed to be a pile of board games. "Chess...chess..." he muttered to himself as he looked down the pile. There was 'Exclusive Possession', 'Hint', 'Pardairy', but no chess.

"Flare, do you know any chess-like games that aren't...well, chess?" he asked turning to face the warpony. As he did so, he saw it. A rooster statue, small enough to fit in a pocket, but exquisitely detailed.

"Ah ha," Intel said with some satisfaction, "Perfect."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In which gifts are bought and apologies are made.   In which gifts are bought and apologies are made. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In which gifts are bought and apologies are made.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next