My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mixed Brew

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mcewanman

mcewanman

Mixed Brew Empty
PostSubject: Mixed Brew   Mixed Brew I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 8:34 am

Mixed brew  

https://mobile.twitter.com/Whovianandbrony/status/346360450994282498/photos
Link to image drawn by the amazing butterfly.

Species: Unicorn  

Mane: Black, unkempt  

Tail: Normal size, same colour as mane  

Eyes: Heterochromiac: one orange, one turquoise. 

Body: White  

Cutie mark: A bowl with steam rising out of it.  

Personality: Brew is a very good speaker: this stallion can talk his way into or out of something quite easily. He isn't perfect at it but he's still charismatic enough to manipulate somepony to a minor degree.  He isn't particularly shy. He's fairly good natured and laid back, only really smooth talking when it's absolutely necessary.  A big part of him is that he can be very sneaky when he wants to be. He generally tries to do the right thing but can fall to temptation, such as nicking something of low value or lying to serve his own ends. He isn't very sensitive to the eye thing. As a matter of fact he actually really likes having it: he always says that it looks cool to him.  

Likes: Mixing potions, talking with ponies he likes, giving speeches and talking to a group. Manipulating ponies (to a minor degree). 
 Dislikes: Talking individually for a prolonged period of time, messing up a potion, emotion changing potions or being caught out when trying to be sneaky. Relationships scare the hell out of him.  

History: Brew was born to a well off family in manehatten. His parents were pretty confused with their son; he had different coloured eyes and was a unicorn, even though both of his parents were Earth ponies. They still loved him to bits, and he grew up amongst a caring family. He was decent at magic. A disadvantage he had with magic was a lack  of unicorn relatives, meaning his parents couldn't really teach him It. Luckily, there were other unicorns he became friends with who helped him out, so he became at least competent at it.   

He got his cutie mark one day when he went into a potion shop to get a cure for his father's upset stomach. Unfortunately, the shop was shut- the owner had left for his lunch. Panicking, Brew found a window that led into the shop's basement, and so the little colt slipped in. He didn't have any idea which potion was a cure for a sore tummy. However, he found a book which explained how to make one on a table and he started mixing ingredients taken from the shop above. The owner came in just as Brew had finished the potion. The owner was worried at first at what the potion would do, but after inspecting the mix he saw that a little colt with no prior potion making experience had managed to get a potion perfect on his first go. When Brew was told this, his cutie mark appeared and told him he'd be an alchemist.

He grew up as a normal colt. He didn't go to Celestia's school as he wasn't brilliant at magic: just average. He therefore attended regular schooling and did fine. However there is one important event which traumatised him.   One day, in his teenage years, he had been mixing potions in his basement for fun, when he came across a recipe for a life potion. He decided to give it a go. He took the ingredients and followed the correct procedures on the page. Unfortunately he didn't realise he was absent mindedly  looking  at the opposite page, which detailed a love potion. He created the potion easily enough and took it to school the next morning. He pretended to be holding a raffle to win a delicious new drink he'd invented. In reality, it was the potion with orange food colouring in it. He stood back after the winner took a swig, interested to see the reaction. Unfortunately, the victim, a mare by the name of Icy Word wanted to thank Brew, so frantically searched for him and caught a look in his eyes, causing the potion to take effect. She grabbed Brew and started hugging him and calling him  weird names like "honey bunny." Naturally, Brew put two and two together and realised what was going on. He tried to push her away and tell her what was happening but she took that moment to kiss him. He tried to get her off but she wouldn't leave him be- whenever he tried to step away she'd step forward and such. Brew's pals at first cheered him on, but realised something was wrong when Brew had tears in his eyes. They broke them apart and the potion wore off after an hour but Brew developed a phobia of relationships. 

Example RP segment: 4. Your OC is framed by a robber who plants his weapon on him/her. A Guardpony threatens to take your OC into custody. Given your OC’s personality, compose a brief narrative in which your OC identifies and addresses the situation.  

Brew was walking through the streets of ponyville up to the everfree forest. A couple of plants necessary for his potions grew on the edge of it, so Brew naturally needed to collect some. As he went though, a pony accidentally bumped into him. Brew turned to apologise but the pony had already bolted. What a strange stallion.  A guard approached Brew, looking rather stern.  

"Sir, you appear to be in possession of a weapon that was used in a robbery a few minutes ago. I'm afraid you'll need to be taken into custody."  

Brew's mind raced. He looked at his hoof and saw that a knife had been put into it. Well, he was innocent so he'd be ok. Witnesses might not agree though. 

"Now my good sir, why would you think I'd be carrying a knife around?" 
"Because you robbed somepony." 
"Tell me, do you know what I do for a living?" 
"An alchemist right? You run that shop in the town square." "Indeed. I need ingredients for my potions, and the reculyptus leaves that grow in the Everfree forest are quite thick and need a knife to cut." 
"I see. Well, you do seem like a decent stallion and you are justified. I'll let you off but don't carry weapons around so openly. Might have another misunderstanding." 
"Of course officer. Won't happen again." 

The guard walked off in search of the robber. Brew grinned and continued on to the forest.  

(Acceptance)

Last edited by mcewanman on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
princess sky

princess sky

Mixed Brew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Brew   Mixed Brew I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 8:51 am

Awesome MC I hope u get accepted cause u have to this is an awesome oc and I loved the part with the phobia for love hehe
Back to top Go down
Firework

Firework

Mixed Brew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Brew   Mixed Brew I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 1:51 pm

Nice. Approved :D. And Princess is correct, this is an awesome OC :3
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

Mixed Brew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Brew   Mixed Brew I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 1:53 pm

Awww, thanks guys :3
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

Mixed Brew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Brew   Mixed Brew I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 7:16 pm

This OC's name reminded me of this song:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mixed Brew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Brew   Mixed Brew I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mixed Brew
Page 1 of 1