My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Date (Take 1)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

Location : A little pocket universe after almost destroying the old one.

Date (Take 1) Empty
PostSubject: Date (Take 1)   Date (Take 1) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 12:45 am

Sometimes fate dealt you a hand that you had to play. Intel was planning to aimlessly wander around the marketplace in indecision for at least another hour, when snow fall forced them to enter the nearest establishment. Considering his luck coming to present its fee, it would have either been a cheap fast food outlet, or quite possibly a fancy place with prices to rival Canterlot's eateries.

As it happens, luck had an expensive fee.

Intel looked at the menu in desperation, but he knew the futility of his actions. He knew that though the cheapest item on the menu theoretically existed, it was always impossible to find. On the other hand, there were a lot of most expensive things.

A little voice at the back of his head wept for his wallet.
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

Date (Take 1) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Date (Take 1)   Date (Take 1) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 12:59 am

Shala, on the other hoof, had a smirk on her face that she could not hide. Ever since she got Intel to confess his feelings, she could not help herself. Too bad that it looked like he was having a hard time getting past all that though.

She found his choice of what establishment rather high class. Perhaps it was his taste in Canterlot's qualities that drew him here, or dumb luck. She was tied between the two.

Shala closely studied him as he looked over the menu like he was defusing a bomb. He seemed so uneasy around her. She noted that she would have to get to know him better before anything else. And probably most importantly, see if he could handle her.

"Two ports for the both of us please." She said to the waiter, smiling at Intel as she picked a suitable drink for the evening.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

Date (Take 1) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Date (Take 1)   Date (Take 1) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 5:08 am

"You're used to this sort of thing, aren't you?" Intel commented, mock whinging. She better be, he thought, I'm anything but. He was however actutely aware that one usually talked during these things in an attempt to get to know the other better. Unfortunately, all he got was a list of topics not to talk about. Her parents, her cutie mark, her past...the list was quite distressing.

They could talk about him, though, so long as he didn't sound self-obsessed and boring. What was it Elegance said? 'Put yourself on sale'? Admittedly, she was talking more about work prospects than dates, but that was close enough.

As the port was served, Intel said, "I'll promise not to drink too much of this and become an absolute dick in the process," he muttered, before taking a small sip. In his mind he realised that he would be more annoyed with Shala's smug look if it wasn't...no. He wasn't that shallow. He stared at the menu again. "Is there anything you like on here?"
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

Date (Take 1) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Date (Take 1)   Date (Take 1) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 5:32 am

Shala innocently shrugged. "Used to it? No. Just more sure of myself." She grinned at him more. "And if you got drunk off that then i would be impressed. This is a drink you enjoy and sip, not drink like any other. It puts one in a....good mood." She swirled the glass around before sniffing and sipping it, appearing very satisfied with it. "I have my finer tastes..."

She looked to the menu at a glance and shrugged again. "Ill just take the house special. Too many fancy names for their food to really know what it actually is." She said waving a hoof at the barely pronounceable words.

When it came to small talk, Shala was usually lacking. But in this case, Intel seemed to lack even more. So he got the benefit of Shala breaking the ice first.

"So...What is it you do in this town anyway?"
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

Date (Take 1) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Date (Take 1)   Date (Take 1) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 5:44 am

Intel tried not to rub it in Shala's face. He really tried. But the simple fact of the matter was, he really liked the one with five apostrophes and a tilde in its name and could pronounce it albeit with a bit of a weird accent. "I'll have this one," he managed.

Well, then. Confidence. This was a pony that you were brave enough to provoke into attacking you. When you look at it that way, you can't really go worse than that, hey?

"Well, you know," he started, "Fix stuff. Like the trains-" he cringed, "-and there was this buggy that broke a while back. I also helped Icarus with his glider. Apparently he's working on something like that but could fly indefinitely. Giving all ponies the gift of flight. I think that's a grand idea and want to help him."

Intel took another sip. "Okay, my turn. As a bartender you must meet a lot of ponies around town. Anypony I should look out for?"
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

Date (Take 1) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Date (Take 1)   Date (Take 1) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 6:01 am

Shala found his job...slightly interesting. She was not much into mechanics. Something told her though that Intel might be more into this 'making stuff' thing more than he said though.

When the question was turned to her, she was caught by surprise a little. "Oh. You could say that. There are not very many ponies inclined to drink in this town. I'm used to more bustling bars. But....That Reel pony is pretty annoying. And one of the newer ponies, forgot her name, opened a candy shop and donated lots of alcoholic candy. Suffice to say, i gained a few pounds and got rather ruined that day."
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

Date (Take 1) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Date (Take 1)   Date (Take 1) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 6:12 am

"Alcoholic candy," Intel said in disbelief, "Alcoholic candy. Are you serious?" He allowed himself a small chuckle. "Wow. That must have hit a seriously weak spot. Don't suppose you left any for your wanting customers."

Intel then turned to the gentle snowfall outside the window. "Well, what do you think of this town? It looks peaceful at first glance, but live here for a bit and you end up facing catastrophe after catastrophe. That thing with Spike took the whole damn set. He still needs to return my magic amplifier."

"Well, with the elements of harmony and all, I guess it should be expected."
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

Date (Take 1) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Date (Take 1)   Date (Take 1) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 6:26 am

Shala sighed to herself and frowned. "Not much left of that candy. As for the town." She waved her hoof nonchalantly. "You don't need to be an element of anything to get crazy and weird. Try living in Manehattan on the streets for a few years. That will set some perspective for you."

She hid her feelings well when mentioning life in Manehattan. There was a lot that she didn't want to talk about on it, but she was feeling good enough to get away with some of it.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

Date (Take 1) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Date (Take 1)   Date (Take 1) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 6:54 am

"Really," Intel said with eyebrows raised, "Gigantic dragons march through Manehattan frequently?"

I mean, I know Manehattan's a bit of a dump, but it's not that bad, surely?
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

Date (Take 1) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Date (Take 1)   Date (Take 1) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 7:03 am

"Last i checked, that dragon didn't kill anyone." She left Intel to imagine the rest. "The ponies here....Actually help eachother out. No one starves, no one sleeps in a box, or freezes in the winter, or goes without a job. Its really....a nice place here." Shala stared at her glass for a bit before sipping from it.

A little depressing, but it needed to be said.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

Date (Take 1) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Date (Take 1)   Date (Take 1) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 7:15 am

"...Ah."

Intel stared at his own drink. Manehattan was even worse than he had imagined. He silently thanked the goddesses that he had ended up here than at that city. He tried to smile.

"We really aren't very happy ponies, are we?" he said, trying to speak in a light tone, "Though in my case, its probably whining for no good reason." He flicked his hoof as though brushing the issue away. "I'm hoping happiness can be found here."

Taking a moment looking up at ceiling to think, Intel looked again at his date. "Have you been on a date before, Shala?"
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

Date (Take 1) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Date (Take 1)   Date (Take 1) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 9:42 pm

"Everypony has their problems." Shala said almost casually. "Trying to measure them up to other ponies problems either make you emo or arrogant." Her words came a bit too easy, as if it was more a saying for her than a fresh thought.

She found his question rather amusing though. "Oh, i have been on dates before...Not like this though. This one doesn't have an ulterior motive." She took a sip, smiling to herself. Another glimpse of her past, while poking at dark humor.

"My turn. Why did you move here? I would figure you for a pony that had a good start in Canterlot. What broke the beasts back?"
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

Date (Take 1) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Date (Take 1)   Date (Take 1) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 8:35 am

...ulterior motive?

Intel filed that under 'quite interesting', as he considered Shala's question. He had a glimpse into his date's past, so it was fair to reveal some of his own.

"Overwork," he said, "That's the truth, pure and simple. It had gotten to the point where I had basically sealed myself in my study, requiring food to be delivered there, and sleeping very rarely. My health, both mental and physical deteriorated quite rapidly. So my parents strongly suggested taking a break. The next thing I knew, I was on a train to Luna knows where."

Yeah, no need to talk about complicated magic theory. It would just bore her, and I want to make this a somewhat pleasant evening.
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

Date (Take 1) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Date (Take 1)   Date (Take 1) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 4:39 pm

Shala rested her head on a hoof as she listened, keeping that wonderful half lidded grin on him. She thought he was the type to read books. He had that air of 'smartness' to him. Also the name was a bit if a hint too.

"Hmm...So...You're an addict?" She said with a giggle. Oh how she loved to twist words around.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

Date (Take 1) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Date (Take 1)   Date (Take 1) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 7:45 pm

"I'm not an addict, I can stop anytime," Intel said, lifting his nose with a 'hmph'. This lasted for about a second before breaking into soft laughter.

"Well, I guess I was a bit of an addict," Intel reflected, "It did really become pretty bad at the end. But being an addict to study just sounds silly. Getting better, though. You, however," Intel pointed at Shala, "Seem to be getting worse. Don't tell me you drank this much before coming here." This wasn't said in a very serious tone.
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

Date (Take 1) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Date (Take 1)   Date (Take 1) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 12:18 am

Shala blushed a little and twirled her mane with a hoof. "Oh...I could have drank a bit...maybe just short half a handle worth of something earlier today." She giggled. "I did drink a little less before moving here, but that's because I....worked." She had hesitated on the last word, having to find something that would 'fit' the description. A blunt as she was, she did not seem to care to be blunt at all about that part.

"Who's turn it is?" She tried to move things along.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

Date (Take 1) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Date (Take 1)   Date (Take 1) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 1:42 am

"My turn, I think," Intel said cautiously, as he took note of her careful treading around her past occupation. He was considering probing the matter further, when their meals arrived.

Intel's plate contained a meal that was usually abbreviated to Lpqy. Whilst shorter than its larger, more complex name, it had the disadvantage of no pony actually knowing how to say it. It did, however, usually tasted like something worth its price. Intel hadn't checked what the house special of the establishment was and looked at Shala's plate in interest.

"Well, then let's eat, I guess," Intel said, "Hope it isn't too rich for your tastes."
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

Date (Take 1) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Date (Take 1)   Date (Take 1) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 2:22 am

Shala honestly wasn't sure what the special even was. It just looked like the most convenient thing to get. Not to mention pronounceable. It was a rather colorful looking salad of sorts with some very creative use of cheeses.

"I wasn't aware that you could have almost every color short of a complete rainbow in your food...." She shrugged and started to eat.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

Date (Take 1) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Date (Take 1)   Date (Take 1) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 2:30 am

It was...alright. Nothing really to write home about. Intel had better Lpqys in the past (or was it Lpqies? Lpquies?), he had worse.

"So, what do you normally like to eat?" he asked, taking a brief break in eating.
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

Date (Take 1) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Date (Take 1)   Date (Take 1) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 2:42 am

Shala laughed at the question. "What do i like to eat? Your just terrible at small talk aren't you?" She giggled and sipped her port. "Don't worry, I'm terrible at it too. Anything that isn't bad tasting ill eat. Sometimes chocolate, though i might get carried away with that."
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

Date (Take 1) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Date (Take 1)   Date (Take 1) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 5:15 am

"Well, I haven't really done any 'small talk' before," Intel said defensively, "I'm more used to 'speak something important or not at all' sort of thinking. The loudest noises are made from hollow containers, they say."

Intel ate some of his Lipqy before continuing. "So instead I'm asking a question that would help me decide where to take you out next time, if I'm that lucky."
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

Date (Take 1) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Date (Take 1)   Date (Take 1) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 5:20 am

Shala blushed a little and gave him her half lidded grin. "Oh? Next time? Getting a bit ambitious i see. Plan on taking any bases while your at it?" Shala giggled and hid her face in her glass of port. Even she was surprised she said that.

Wow, real subtle there Shala.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

Date (Take 1) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Date (Take 1)   Date (Take 1) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 5:30 am

"Bas...es?" Intel said, confused and uncertain. All that he knew about the question is that she probably wasn't talking about baseball. He also knew that he was treading into very fragile territory.

This is going to be embarrassing, but to hell with it. Learning experience.
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

Date (Take 1) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Date (Take 1)   Date (Take 1) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 5:35 am

Shala raised an eyebrow. ...You have got to be kidding me. Has he never actually thought about mares before?

"...Yeah. Bases..umm...Maybe you should look it up sometime..." She blushed and shoved a fork worth of food in her mouth.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

Date (Take 1) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Date (Take 1)   Date (Take 1) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 5:43 am

Intel raised his eyebrows. "Look it up? And where might I find such desired information? Romantic Terms and Vocabulary for dummies? I highly doubt there's a text of that nature, and even if there was, I am certain nopony would actually stoop themselves to own it."

Taking a sip of port, he smirked. "It's embarrassing, isn't it? Come on, I think it would be worse for me than it would be for you. Tell me."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Date (Take 1) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Date (Take 1)   Date (Take 1) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Date (Take 1)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next