My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Delivering Encouragement

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Candle_Glow

Candle_Glow

Location : Grounded, Be back when I can if you need me contact Switchblade

Delivering Encouragement Empty
PostSubject: Delivering Encouragement   Delivering Encouragement I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 5:40 pm

Curtain Glow stood alone that day. Her mane hid her eyes as she shifted her weight, almost waiting, yet staring. Blue eyes staring into the distance as she remembered the stage. Shaking her head, she began to walk towards a lamp post, as night was coming on, and she was yet to find a place to stay in Canterlot. She sighed deeply, from here she was able to smell the ocean, or was that something else, a pony nearby perhaps. She had no idea, it was a lovely smell, yet it was not the musty yet comforting scent of the theater house. Pulling out a mag using her magic, she looked carefully through it for a hotel that was cheep enough for the night.

Last edited by Candle_Glow on Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lightning Wing

Lightning Wing

PostSubject: Re: Delivering Encouragement   Delivering Encouragement I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 12:05 pm

Lightning Wing landed daintily, trotting to a stop. She didn't like harsh stops, digging her hooves in, here on the land. In Cloudsdale there were always soft, light clouds stopping her, that didn't sully her hooves or hurt them.

On land, she'd kick up dirt and rocks, getting herself messy in seconds.

She was allowed to stay the night in one place, the instructors had told her. She was not allowed to leave the city, and was only allowed to use the trip for sight-seeing the next day. They'd given her such a small amount of bits to pay for a room too.

Probably because they hadn't expected her to choose Canterlot to stay in. But very rarely did she get to see the center of the Equestrian kingdom, where all pony types collided. And the amount of bits they'd given her to sight-see and shop was much to tempting to pass up on a boring place like Ponyville.

She noticed a Unicorn glancing at a mag under the heavy light of a lamp. Lightning giggled. From here she looked like a stage pony. She trotted over, smiling at her, nearly silent in her approach. "Excuse me, do you know any place a pony can go to spend the night?"
Back to top Go down
Candle_Glow

Candle_Glow

PostSubject: Re: Delivering Encouragement   Delivering Encouragement I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 7:00 pm

Curtain looked up from the map for but a moment, looking at Lightning. Her emotions were truly downcast at the moment, yet she, the thespian she was, forged a smile and awkwardly stated "'Fraid not, Doth seems that Canterlot holdeth not a flame to weary traveler." Quickly, not wanted to seem brash, she glanced back, then looked at the Lightening, and stated, showing her the map, and geturing "Doth thou knowest where this inn hither doth lye? Tis doth seem such is all I can afford with mine minimal bits."
Back to top Go down
Lightning Wing

Lightning Wing

PostSubject: Re: Delivering Encouragement   Delivering Encouragement I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 4:33 pm

Lightning's eyes widened, and she cocked her head to the side. "What?" She said, blinking. "Are you alright?" She glanced at the pony. No weird look in her eye. And she didn't seem to be stressed.

She shook her head. Maybe it was just.... A Canterlot thing? She glanced over the pony's shoulder, at her map. "Well... Um.... I don't have that many bits either..." I think that's what she meant to say? "So... Let's go looking together, shall we?"
Back to top Go down
Candle_Glow

Candle_Glow

PostSubject: Re: Delivering Encouragement   Delivering Encouragement I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 5:43 pm

Curtain laughed, realizing she was still speaking as she always had onstage. Motioning down a street she smiled, and stated simply, in a much less dramatic tone. "I beleive the one I was looking at is down this street, it's small, and shouldn't be too many bits. If you don't mind I'd also like to look at the theater here as we pass. A Co-star of mine joined Canterlot's theaters recently and I hadn't made contact with them since."
Back to top Go down
Lightning Wing

Lightning Wing

PostSubject: Re: Delivering Encouragement   Delivering Encouragement I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 8:21 pm

Lightning watched her, and nodded slowly. "Oh, sure! I've never been to Canterlot before." She remarked as they began down the street. With a smile, she shook her head to settle her mane from flying. "My name's Lightning Wing, by the way. You can call me Lightning though. Everyone does." She looked at the big building they were headed to. It was so interesting-looking! "Everything's new here. I've never even seen a theater before." She said happily, trotting alongside the other pony.

Only two minutes in and she'd found what, she hoped would be, a friend!

Back to top Go down
Candle_Glow

Candle_Glow

PostSubject: Re: Delivering Encouragement   Delivering Encouragement I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 9:38 pm

Curt smiled, at the name, and walked slowly as they neared the theater. Her mentor worked here. Anne Hoofmane. As soon as the theater was reached, she shifted the sadlebags, covering her cutiemark. Why? Why not, when one sees a poster of their college as a star, of a well known show, staring whom, but her mentor? This poster, saddened Curt highly, then she saw another, and another, and then she heard the paparazi, then she saw them, ponies she knew, walking down a red carpet, laughing at interveiwers and signing papers for fans. Things Curt had never done. Shyly, she told her new found friend "Maybe i'll visit another time" and began to walk away from the theater. Then, one of the ponies on the carpet called out. "Curtain! Is you Curtis?" Curtin cringed at the name, not willing to admit defeat, she walked on.
Back to top Go down
Lightning Wing

Lightning Wing

PostSubject: Re: Delivering Encouragement   Delivering Encouragement I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 9:44 pm

Lightning's eyes widened at all the glamour. Goodness those ponies were beautiful. She was just creeping closer when her friend began to walk away. "If you're sure...." She said, reluctant to leave.... whatever was going on over there. She started to follow, only to pause when a pony called out.

She flew the short distance to be by Curtain's side, and tapped her. "Hey. Is that you they're talking about?" She asked, looking between her new friend and the ponies calling after them.
Back to top Go down
Candle_Glow

Candle_Glow

PostSubject: Re: Delivering Encouragement   Delivering Encouragement I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:19 pm

"You wish to meet them?" She asked, readjusting her bags, revealing her theater cutiemark. "I used to know one of them.. before our theater troupe broke up. Go fanmare all you like, they're nice. I'm just going to book us both rooms at the inn okay? If they ask about me, say I'll meet them after their premire." She stated, not looking back, and walking off, leaving Lightning to decide, meet these ponies, or follow her newfound friend?
Back to top Go down
Lightning Wing

Lightning Wing

PostSubject: Re: Delivering Encouragement   Delivering Encouragement I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:29 pm

Lightning looked at the red carpet, and the ponies there. She'd never met ponies like that. But she'd never met a pony like her new friend either. She trotted quickly to catch up with the other. "I go with you." She said, matching her steps. She was finally meeting another pony that wasn't a Pegasus. She was finally making a friend that didn't know to treat her like damaged goods. She didn't want to screw it up.

She glanced at her cutie mark. "So... What are those? Masks?" She asked, glancing at them again.
Back to top Go down
Candle_Glow

Candle_Glow

PostSubject: Re: Delivering Encouragement   Delivering Encouragement I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 10:29 pm

"Yeah" She said, her accent showing through a touch. "Tragedeh and Comedy. They are known as the symbols of drama." Smiling, she poked Lightnings flank "What about you? love of thunder?"
Back to top Go down
Lightning Wing

Lightning Wing

PostSubject: Re: Delivering Encouragement   Delivering Encouragement I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 10:37 pm

Lightning smiled, glancing lovingly back at her cutie mark. "Love of speed, and the sky." She smiled, stretching her wings. "I was born for the sky, just like you were born for drama!" She smiled. She had no idea what drama was, but she had a feeling it dealt with the ponies on the red carpet that they'd left behind.

She glanced at the inn. "You know.... We'd be able to afford a bit more if we combined our bits and shared a room, if that would be okay with you?"
Back to top Go down
Candle_Glow

Candle_Glow

PostSubject: Re: Delivering Encouragement   Delivering Encouragement I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 10:51 pm

"It's perfectly fine, we are both mares after all." She said, smiling, and walked into the Inn. It was a quaint place, this inn she had spotted on her map, it really was nothing more than a restored old house with rooms for rent. Better than a motel, and yet, not as grand as most of the accommodations of Canterlot. "Want to stay here? They provide home cooked meals, and their close to most of the local hub without being so close it's crowded." Curtain suggested, motioning around the place. She knew neither how long this pony intended to stay, nor how long she herself would be staying. All she really knew, was her entrance exam would be soon, and then, she could study, and possibly find an apartment, room with this new lone friend she had, and live with her till her dream stallion swept her off her hooves. "A mentor of mine from the theater here could also set us up with an apartment if she's not too busy..." She muttered as an afterthought.
Back to top Go down
Lightning Wing

Lightning Wing

PostSubject: Re: Delivering Encouragement   Delivering Encouragement I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 11:49 am

Lightning blinked lightly, looking around the inn. It was very quaint. And as she hadn't seen any of the other hotels in Canterlot to realize what she was missing.... She thought it was perfect. She trotted up beside her, and was about to nod that here would be just fine, when she paused. The last statement the other pony had just barely muttered was what caught her attention. Her ears twitched forward and her tail swayed excitedly.

"You mean.... I could live here? Have an official home?" And this friend would live with her??
Back to top Go down
Candle_Glow

Candle_Glow

PostSubject: Re: Delivering Encouragement   Delivering Encouragement I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 3:04 pm

Curtain turned to Lightinging, a true grin on her face "If you want, I don't think i'd mind sharing a place with you, you seem quite nice after all. I never asked, why are you in Canterlot?"

*sorry for the short post, not much 2 say
Back to top Go down
Lightning Wing

Lightning Wing

PostSubject: Re: Delivering Encouragement   Delivering Encouragement I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 9:57 pm

((Perfectly okay!))

Lightning smiled softly. She was going to have a real home! She walked up to the bar and ordered a cider, placing the bits on the counter. "I'm here for a trip." She said with a smile. "I live up in Cloudsdale, at the Flight Academy. Not that I'm training anymore, but I'm trying to save up enough money to afford a home. I'm a delivery pony." She smiled, and patted her cutie mark. "One of the fastest makes for a good delivery pony."

She stirred her cider, and took a sip. "But I'm here to... Sight see, originally. I was planning on staying a week or so. I've been here tons of times on deliveries, but I've never gotten to really see anything..." She smiled then. "But with an apartment here, I'd be much closer to my clients!"
Back to top Go down
Candle_Glow

Candle_Glow

PostSubject: Re: Delivering Encouragement   Delivering Encouragement I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 12:26 am

Curtain took the same actions as lightning, ordering a cider. "I see your benefit then. Most ponies around here are really impatient, and like their things delivered on time. I myself am mostly leaning on wobbly legs, as I'm simply looking for a fresh start after some scrapes." She sipped her cider carefully and still neglected even mentioning her name. "In a week I'm taking an entrance exam to the school for unicorns, it's expensive to stay there, and unlikely I'll make it in. If that doesn't work out I might teach, or possibly run a book shop." It was non obvious to most, what this meant to her. The Canterlot Move was one thing, but this was another. Her sudden change in temper only hinted at, but did not reveal the sin Curtain was committing. She had given up on her dream, she had denied her cutiemark, and she had chosen, to ignore her heart.

However, she hid it well, with smiles, cheer, and genuine friendliness.
Curtain or not, she still Glowed.
"Anne normally visits here after the ponyozi leave. She should be along in..." Curtain paused, opening a small brass fob watch. "3 minutes."
Back to top Go down
Lightning Wing

Lightning Wing

PostSubject: Re: Delivering Encouragement   Delivering Encouragement I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 11:30 am

Lightning nodded slowly, frowning lightly. It didn't seem like the School For Unicorns was in compliance with Curtain's cutie mark. Or the ponies that had been waving to her from the red carpet. She didn't understand why Curtain wouldn't want to be up there with them. All Lightning had ever dreamed of was that sort of recognition. For somepony to spot her from far away and cheer her name, rather than chide her for being distracted yet again.

But, of course, it wasn't her place. If she and this Unicorn were going to be roommates, she'd have to remember that. "Teaching might be fun." She mused, rubbing her hoof under her chin. "And if we have an apartment, you could tutor students there in the evening...."

Her eyes kept sliding to the door. She wasn't really that excited to meet this pony, but she was hoping it would give her some insight into Curtain's life.
Back to top Go down
Candle_Glow

Candle_Glow

PostSubject: Re: Delivering Encouragement   Delivering Encouragement I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 5:03 pm

Curtain again checked her watch, nodding in agreement with Lightning. She sipped her cider and straightened as the door loudly banged shut. Her quiet cider was interupted by a warm and yet awkward cry from the mare whom entered. Sheepishly, Curtain turned on her stool to face the mare as she came up to the bar and ordered a cider. The inevitable question was the only phrase that existed the mare's lips as she placed her hoof on top of Curtain's.
"So dear, how's your career going, are you here for my job yet?" She laughed, pushing up her sunglasses. Beneath them had hid a beautiful earthpony, one by the name of Anne Hoofamane.
"Um, no, excuse me will you madam." Curtain muttered, getting up and disappearing to he restroom.
Anne frowned, and turned to Lightining.
"She's done it hasn't she?"
Back to top Go down
Lightning Wing

Lightning Wing

PostSubject: Re: Delivering Encouragement   Delivering Encouragement I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 5:08 pm

Lightning blinked. And just like that and she was alone and in a conversation with this pony. She flushed, and rubbed a hand through her hair. "Done.... What?" She asked, very confused. She drank another sip of her cider. "I mean, I just met her. She's going into the Unicorn School." She said quietly, swirling her drink.
Back to top Go down
Candle_Glow

Candle_Glow

PostSubject: Re: Delivering Encouragement   Delivering Encouragement I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 5:17 pm

Loudly, Anne sighed and hit her head against the bar, slamming down her cider. "Exactly that." Angrily she sipped her cider and calmed herself, then turned to face Lightning "I need you to make me a promise. Whatever possible, make sure Curtain Glow does NOT run away from Acting. She needs to act, she's a prodigy. No one knows why she's been turning from the trade, she won't even talk to me about it, and I introduced her to it. Yet, the one thing I do know is that she needs to act, it's her passion, and it's impossible for her to ever find anything else, she's already tried it all." Anne ranted, speaking with conviction and compassion. Then, standing she placed bits on the counter, and lowered her shades, walking out. Curtain reentered shortly afterwards, sitting down on her stool.
Back to top Go down
Lightning Wing

Lightning Wing

PostSubject: Re: Delivering Encouragement   Delivering Encouragement I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 5:22 pm

Lightning glanced at her. That had certainly been an empowered speech. But now she had a mission, and she was the type of pony whom would stay true to a mission until it had come to fruition.

She smiled at friend though. Putting up the pretense that she hadn't just had a very interesting conversation with the Anne pony. She drank the last of her cider, setting it aside. "Your friend seemed to really miss you." She said quietly, rubbing a hoof through her hair.
Back to top Go down
Candle_Glow

Candle_Glow

PostSubject: Re: Delivering Encouragement   Delivering Encouragement I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 7:50 pm

Curtain nodded softly, and smiling, she pulled several brochures and a map from her saddlebags. "I saw these in the restroom, maybe they can help us find an apartment. Seems like Madame Hoofamane won't be able too. Makes sense." She sipped her drink and spread them out, each brochure offering various styles of housing and relators. "Tell me about yourself, I know we've only just met, but it makes no sense for two ponies whom know nothing about eachother to become roommates." She said carefully.

Back to top Go down
Lightning Wing

Lightning Wing

PostSubject: Re: Delivering Encouragement   Delivering Encouragement I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 10:23 am

Lightning smiled softly as she looked at the brochures. They were beautiful apartments. "Well, as I said, I've lived in Cloudsdale all my life. At the training Academy. I was abandoned there as a filly, and I've never been able to find any family." She shrugged. "Not that It really bothers me that I haven't been able to. I mean, if I could.... Who says they'd be nice?"

She twirled her new cider, and took a sip. "My name was only obtained with the fact that I flew right into a storm, at a very young age, to help a trainer that had frozen up, because the lightning was so frequent. People watching said it was like I could predict the strikes before they even fell. All I could sense was the static in the air, and when it was getting too harsh." She smiled then, remembering the moment.

"Since then, I've been training. I hadn't been able to graduate until recently, despite being an excellent flyer, for.... Reasons."
Back to top Go down
Candle_Glow

Candle_Glow

PostSubject: Re: Delivering Encouragement   Delivering Encouragement I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 10:15 pm

"What sort of reasons, if you don't mind me asking that is. Were you bullied?" She asked, sipping her drink and opening one brochure, which displayed a gaudy wall paper covered apartment with a rent too high, which she quickly set aside, leaving about four more to remain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Delivering Encouragement   Delivering Encouragement I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Delivering Encouragement
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP :: Equestria :: Canterlot-
Jump to: