My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Of Gears and Magic

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

Location : A little pocket universe after almost destroying the old one.

Of Gears and Magic - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of Gears and Magic   Of Gears and Magic - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 6:19 am

"Hmm, okay then," White said, eyes looking at a particular post, "We are going to lie, then." She grabbed the poster off the board, then showed it to Ticky. "It says you need experience in plants, and you've got flower power, see? So despite the fact you didn't finish learning, and don't have uh, botany? Botany skills as such, I reckon we can get you a place at this thing. Not only that, it is..." She checked the poster's fine print, and her face fell a bit, before a rapid recovery. "...far away from the clock tower at least! You won't have to worry about it any more!"

She grinned, but it was a grin with a worry behind it.
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: Of Gears and Magic   Of Gears and Magic - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 6:40 am

Ticky tried to read over the sheet but in her slow reading she did not manage to get anything from it before it was pulled away for her cousin to check it again.

The idea of lying scared her. Not so much that it was dishonest, but that she did not know if she could hold up in the event of its creation. She had far too many tells, and any questions would make her want to curl up and hide.

"..What is it?" She asked, wiping a few tears away.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: Of Gears and Magic   Of Gears and Magic - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 7:23 am

"Working in a...argh, your mother's going to kill me, but you can work in a place called the Smith Gardens," White smiled weakly, "Owned by the Canterlot Council as a 'Wonder of Equestria'. That means you might have to move. Out of this town."

There was an extremely long pause. White's smile faltered.

"...I don't think they have much clockwork there, Ticky."
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: Of Gears and Magic   Of Gears and Magic - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 7:45 am

Ticky's eyes slowly went wider and began to flood with tears. She clutched onto one of White's legs like a foal would to a mother when frightened.

"M-move? Away?" She didn't know of anything that could get more terrifying. Being away from the clockwork was good, but being away would mean no more mother, and no more White. Just imagining that made her feel like the world was completely and utterly against her. Did her sister even want her here anymore? She was so mad at her not so long ago.

"P-p-please...I-I-I don't w-want to g-go away! Don't s-send me away!" She sobbed into White's shoulder and mane.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: Of Gears and Magic   Of Gears and Magic - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 8:11 am

"Ticky, Ticky, listen to me," White said softly, "I've been thinking about it since last night. And, well, there's no future here. None. Here, you are right. You can't do anything. There are gears pendulums and clocks on every street, every pony carries a contraption of some sort."

She pointed at the noticeboard again. "Look at it, Ticky. This is all this place to offer. Do you see anything there? Do you see a future? Many ponies do, and they bite into it with full force. Now this," She waved around the poster, "This can be a future for you. This is where happiness can lie. Are you happy here? Ticky, that has to be the question you have to ask yourself. Are you truly happy here? With the crowds, and the clocks? All I ever did was make it bearable, but I can't make you happy. I couldn't before and I couldn't now. Only bearable. Ear muffs."

Placing the earmuffs over Ticky's ears, White looked up at the grand clock tower as it chimed the hour, striking its bells to make the ten distinctive chimes. As the town shook with the sound, White held Ticky close. She didn't like the idea of sending Ticky away, but she was convinced that Ticky couldn't live here. She could exist. But not live.
Back to top Go down
Indigo Surprise

Indigo Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Of Gears and Magic   Of Gears and Magic - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 6:03 pm

He tilted his head at the inventor. "If you're having a bit of a hangover, you didn't have to come in so early"
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: Of Gears and Magic   Of Gears and Magic - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 6:11 pm

Icarus sighed softly. "N-Nah... Hangover was g-gone a while ago. T-This is j-just r-regret." He said softly, looking back up. "A-Anyway, W-What Can I d-do for you, S-Sir?"
Back to top Go down
Indigo Surprise

Indigo Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Of Gears and Magic   Of Gears and Magic - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 6:31 pm

"Oh, I just wanted to get to meet the pony who's making my wings personally. Are they a copy of the wings there on your back?"
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: Of Gears and Magic   Of Gears and Magic - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 3:45 am

Ticky heard her world go dead around her as the ear muffs were donned. It was like this place had lost everything to her. It may have not been much to her before, but White and her mother were here. The idea of them being gone to her was a nightmare.

Her whole life she leaned on her mother and White. White made it so she could go out more and not feel as alone. Her mother could only spend so much time with her nowadays. To take them both out of her daily life felt sadistic. Her mind could not even wrap around the idea of the benefits of where she would be going.

"N-n-no...." She cried even more. Only the sounds of her own cries could be heard with her earmuffs on. Ticky knew that White was probably right, but her ultimate desire was to stay with them.
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: Of Gears and Magic   Of Gears and Magic - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:12 pm

Icarus nodded. "S-Same design, T-Though bigwigs w-would probably want t-them to b-be S-Shinier..." He joked somewhat, smiling softly.
Back to top Go down
Indigo Surprise

Indigo Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Of Gears and Magic   Of Gears and Magic - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 6:51 pm

The admiral gave a light chuckle. "I like to think of myself as a more... practical pony. So long as they work, work well, and won't fail on me in mid flight they could look like an umbrella skeleton with bottles on the end for all I care. Looks are a happy byproduct of quality engineering."

(Hey Iccy, it's your turn in the sea ponies thread)
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: Of Gears and Magic   Of Gears and Magic - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:15 pm

White didn't want Ticky to go, not really, but the truth was she was getting tired of looking after Ticky. So very tired at seeing her flounder across life like a fish out of water. However, White knew that as long as Ticky was in her state, it would be heartless to abandon her. If only she could get started on a future...

In any case, the decision couldn't be made now at this very moment, they needed to go home, both to talk and think about it. Inwardly White cringed at the reaction her Aunt would give her for leaving Ticky in that noblepony's house. She wasn't looking forward to trying to convince her that Ticky should leave for greener pastures either. But maybe, just maybe, if Ticky had a steady life, White herself would be able to break free of her own chains and live a life of her own.

She didn't say any of this to Ticky, of course. There was every chance that her timid cousin would take things the completely wrong way. Instead, she motioned her to follow. They were going home, and in White's case, facing the music.
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: Of Gears and Magic   Of Gears and Magic - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:47 am

[Is it? I thought it was Mriia's.]

Icarus nodded, smiling softly. "T-Thank you, S-Sir." He said, nodding.
Back to top Go down
Indigo Surprise

Indigo Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Of Gears and Magic   Of Gears and Magic - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:29 am

"Come on now, let's speak as equals here. I'm only good at one sided conversation if I'm giving a speech or an impromptu lecture. I want to get to know you, not just talk at you. Decree or not, Inventor or not, I want to know for sure if the pony who designed my equipment is..." He grumbled in frustration at losing his thought. "Ah... bottom line I want to get to know you so I can trust you so I can trust the wings. There."
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: Of Gears and Magic   Of Gears and Magic - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:50 am

Icarus blushed softly. "S-Sorry sir... H-Had a r-rough m-morning. I-I, uh... L-Long story." He said, shuffling his hooves. "W-Where S-Shall I s-start?"
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: Of Gears and Magic   Of Gears and Magic - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 3:00 am

Ticky whimpered to herself the whole way home. She felt so small and pointless now. She could not even look at White the same. It felt like she had already left. The trip back home was a long walk.
Back to top Go down
Indigo Surprise

Indigo Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Of Gears and Magic   Of Gears and Magic - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 3:09 am

"Hm... Do you dabble in anything else besides wings?"
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: Of Gears and Magic   Of Gears and Magic - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 4:09 am

Icarus winced. W-Well, Wings are my S-Specialty... Ow..." He said, putting a hoof to his head. Icarus sighed. "L-Look, I-I'm sorry, B-But could w-we move this on?"
Back to top Go down
Indigo Surprise

Indigo Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Of Gears and Magic   Of Gears and Magic - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 5:21 am

Indigo frowned and put his hoof to his chin, thinking for a minute. "I know what you need. Some relaxation, and I know just the place. It's a... spa several blocks from here, we'll take a cab."
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: Of Gears and Magic   Of Gears and Magic - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 5:32 am

Icarus blinked. "A S-Spa?" He asked, blinking. Hadn't heard of it before. And he was so hesitant about calling it such...

THROB

And his head reminded him WHY Indigo offered. "S-Sounds great. O-Ohh, my head..."
Back to top Go down
Indigo Surprise

Indigo Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Of Gears and Magic   Of Gears and Magic - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 5:54 am

The admiral gets up from his desk and dons a great nondescript overcoat hanging from a coat rack by the door. He doesn't even bother to talk to his secretary to tell her where he's going, since she knows full well of what the admiral always goes off somewhere when he arrives in town. He boards a rail cab, a roundish thing that hangs off of rails that criss cross all over town, and waits for Iccy to get in before sliding in his bits into a slot and turns a difficult switch that closes the door and sends them toward the middle class commercial district. "You'll love it. It's called Flare's Fancy. It has a bar and eatery in the front, but the back is where the real magic happens"
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: Of Gears and Magic   Of Gears and Magic - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 5:56 am

Icarus had no Idea what was gonna happen. However, it didn't seem so bad... Maybe it was just because he didn't really know much about the place to have heard about it yet. "I-It sounds nice s-so far..." He said, Nodding.
Back to top Go down
Indigo Surprise

Indigo Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Of Gears and Magic   Of Gears and Magic - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 6:07 am

The cab shifted a bit as it glided across its rail, sometimes making it hard to stand as the rails spun downward into the insides of the tower. When it came to a stop at its station Indigo took the lead and maneuvered through the busy streets and came to the respectable looking establishment, taking the first step inside.
Back to top Go down
Mriia

Mriia

PostSubject: Re: Of Gears and Magic   Of Gears and Magic - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 6:42 am

It was a clean and cozy inside, a Violinist stood by the fire place, playing a soft song to break the quite. Most ponies were broken up into pairs and sometimes little groups of three, having quite conversations over a pint, or dinner. A Large colt stood behind the counter at the tap, serving food and drink to all who needed it. The bar maids walked with an extra swish in there tail.

The places decor had a comfortable feel about it, from the plush rugs to the warm light coming from the fixtures. If it weren't for the hardened faces of some of the ponies at the bar.

A beautiful Pegises with long blond hair and a light blue coat came down the stairs. she had a light sheen of sweat, as if she had been doing some hard labor. When her eye's fell on Indigo they hardened to a slight glare. straightening her dress she trotted over to the newcomers.

"Fluffing her wings she looked at the grey colt sidelong as she spoke to Indigo. "Ye' Don' often bring along a friend Sir." Her voice held a bit of cheerful banter. As if she often heckled the customers.
Back to top Go down
Iccy Gear

Iccy Gear

PostSubject: Re: Of Gears and Magic   Of Gears and Magic - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 6:46 am

Icarus looked around the "Spa" in awe, before the Incredibly beautiful Pegasus mare that Spoke to Indigo caught his eye. He blushed a little, in spite of himself, and shuffled his hooves.

Woah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of Gears and Magic   Of Gears and Magic - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Of Gears and Magic
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next