My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Long and Winding Road

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

The Long and Winding Road Empty
PostSubject: The Long and Winding Road   The Long and Winding Road I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 5:32 pm

In the distance stood the silhouette of Ponyville. The thatched houses and rustic structures looked idyllic and peaceful, in stark contrast to what dangers might be looming nearby. Aero and Bright had reached the outskirts of sleepy town, the pair trotting along so casually as if this were any usual day for them.

It was starting to get late, with the sun already setting in the sky. Aero's hooves felt a little sore from the trekking the distance from Manehatten over several days. Over this time, it was alarming and disillusioning that, despite the amount of ponies they had encountered and questioning since the start of their journey, not a single one had given them any useful information. Missing ponies were not very common after all, and no settlement they had crossed had been abandoned or in the shambles that Bright had said Trottingham had been in.

At least the trip had been uneventful in terms of avoiding trouble. If the circumstances of their journey had been different, Aero would say it was almost enjoyable. The last few days hadn't been just glumness and misery - jokes and laughter had been shared - but behind everything was an undertone formed from them both knowing what was at steak.

Deep down, Aero felt like he was failing his friend. He frowned to himself, kicking up some dirt as he walked. He should be able to do better for her, or else he might as well have not bothered to offer his assistance. However, his concern was less on himself and more on his traveling partner. Surely Bright Eyes would be coping with the ordeal worse, both physically and mentally.

It took a while for Aero to build up to the question, as he was unsure how best to phrase his concerns. Eventually, he came out with an awkward and far too casual, "So, how are you?"

Last edited by Fireseeker on Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: The Long and Winding Road   The Long and Winding Road I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 8:03 pm

As sunset drew closer, each step felt. heavy. Yet, the journey was somehow growing easier, despite the fast pace, so unlike her usual leisurely, observant traveling pace. The mysterious circumstances felt daunting, and more dangerous with each passing day. But by her side was her friend, who had so willingly and readily joined her on her inevitable journey to reunite Bright’s small family.

Of course, it had occurred to her that it might be too late — that her mum and dad had already succumbed to whatever had befallen them. Still, she knew she wouldn’t lose hope or give up until she was certain of their fate. They had done so much for her — a comfortable, stable home, nurturing and encouraging her mind — she owed her parents this much.

Some days, it took some effort to resist a hardened heart in the face of overwhelming concern and the nagging worries that never seemed far behind. But Aero remained there. Through his quiet demeanor, Bright Eyes found solace. His voice, veiled concern, pulled the mare from her thoughts. “I’m alright,” she offered with a tired smile, in spite of her aching muscles and tired hooves. “I’ll be glad when we reach Ponyville, certainly. If you’re tired of walking and want to fly ahead, I would understand.”
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: The Long and Winding Road   The Long and Winding Road I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 9:31 pm

Bright Eyes met his gaze with the tired expression he was used to seeing, and her reply matched her weary appearance. She looked so uncharacteristically worn down and beaten that it only worried him more. Aero wasn't entirely sure when he had ever felt any level of worry to the amount he was feeling for her. It confused him slightly to consider it, but he brushed it off as the fatigue of their long journey.

"We're basically there already," he offered, gesturing to the town ahead. They were still some distance away and with the sun lowering at the end of the long day, it wouldn't be long until they needed to rest. Aero had his room rented out in town, but it would be very late by the time they reached it.

It would be better to rest sooner and enter Ponyville proper when they were well rest. Luckily for them, they were travelling by a farmyard. A house stood beside a couple of barns, with fields of crops spreading out around the buildings.

"I think its about time we stop for the day. The locals around these parts are quite friendly. If we ask nicely, they'd probably let us stay the night in the barn," Aero suggested.
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: The Long and Winding Road   The Long and Winding Road I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 5:13 pm

Pale blue eyes shifted from her traveling companion to the western skies, alight with the brilliant hues of the approaching sunset.  She could no longer recall how long they have been walking that day, and so Bright Eyes gave no argument when Aero suggested they stop for the night before entering Ponyville, rather than having Aero fly ahead.  It had been several days of straight travel, and the mare could only imagine how wild she now appeared.  She was a little hesitant, however, to approach the farm house, though it looked inviting after being on the move for most of the day.  Still, she didn't put up a debate, merely nodding in response as she turned to look at the home of the humble earth ponies that tended the lands.

The ponies dwelling at the farm had already noticed the lingering travelers, and soon, a large mud-colored stallion came trotting out to meet the pair. His cutie mark betrayed his occupation: a large silver plow, tilling soil.  "Howdy, friends.  Are ya'll lost?  I'm Fertile Field, this here is my family farm."  The stranger called out in a booming voice, that was somehow remarkably gentle in spite of its loud tone.  Bright Eyes offered a smile in greeting.  "No, not lost, exactly.  I am Bright Eyes, and this is Aero Dynamic."  She nodded toward the winged stallion standing beside her.  "We were traveling to Ponyville for..."  Her words tapered off.  Was she really willing to explain what they were looking?  Her exhaustion won out, and she continued. "For business.  And, well, we were wondering if you would be so kind as to let us stay in your barn for the evening."

The earth pony looked from the unicorn to the pegasus, his expression curious.  Thankfully, Fertile Field didn't ask any further questions, perhaps because he could see how exhausted and harmless the travelers were.  With a kind smile, he said, "I don't see why not.  The kin folk are all restin' up for the night.  We'll be awake before dawn, though, so best be gone before sun up."
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: The Long and Winding Road   The Long and Winding Road I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:51 pm

The stallion that greeted them seemed friendly, warming instantly to them as strangers passing by his farm. For a moment, he wasn't sure whether Bright was really about to reveal to the farmer that they were on a missing pony hunt but she avoided the subject. It was a pleasant relief to hear him agree to let them stay in the barn. After the long and worrisome journey they'd had, it was nice to catch a break.

"Thank you. We'll be sure to be out early tomorrow," Aero replied, a offering a small thankful smile to the stallion. With that, he turned to make his way to the barn. The building was constructed of large wooden beams that stood high above them, with licks of aged red paint beginning to peel from its surface. It appeared to be used for staying hay, as bales were stacked up to the ceiling. It would act perfectly as bedding. He'd stayed in worse places.

Feeling the weariness of the day wearing on him, Aero guessed that Bright was feeling similarly down. Despite this, he wanted to earn from her a proper smile before the day was out. A memory flashed into his mind; a caring motherly voice telling him 'Don't you go to bed full of hot air, or you'll float away from dreamland.'

The notion seemed silly now to the adult pegasus but the sentiment remained. Once more adopting a Canterlot accent, Aero cleared his throat before putting on his best sales pony act.

"May I interest you madam, to our finest collection of beds. One hundred percent premium hay, grown just for the comfort of your flank. All natural and full of rustic charm."

Last edited by Fireseeker on Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: The Long and Winding Road   The Long and Winding Road I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2016 6:30 pm

She smiled in gratitude to the large earth pony and gave a low nod.  In spite of the long, exhausting day, it made her feel a little better to have encountered somepony who was as kind as the humble farmer.  Trailing behind Aero, she looked around at the barn as she walked through the wooden door frame.  It certainly wasn’t bad.  It was closer to a home than what Bright Eyes possessed.  Even in her tired mind, it registered to her that it was a well-built structure, likely one constructed by Fertile Field and his agrarian family.  She couldn’t picture herself as a farmer, but the country life was a nice change from the city.

“It is certainly… quaint,” she responded with one of her usual laughs as she shook her head.  Copying his Canterlot accent and barely biting back an amused smile, she commented, “It is far from the five-star hotels I am accustomed to, but it is free, so I suppose it will have to do.”  The mare set her heavy rucksack, filled with books and other miscellaneous supplies, down beside her before allowing her legs to give out beneath her, practically collapsing onto the straw beneath her form, as gracefully as a newborn foal.

A soft sigh parted her lips.  In other circumstances, it would seem strange to share a sleeping area with a stallion, but the usual rules seemed to apply less every day and it didn’t seem to phase her.  She wasn’t careless, just less self-conscious around Aero now that he had seen the worst of her — or what she imagined to be the worst of her.  But Bright Eyes hadn’t a clue what trials and troubles were to come.

She looked over at her books, quite tempted to do a bit of studying to help sort through the mysteries, but decided it was late enough and reading could wait.  Placing her glasses carefully off to the side where they wouldn’t be crushed, she blinked against the darkness of the barn.  But the night and the dark weren’t a concern.  The unicorn’s horn began to glow its usual shimmering gold hue, effectively lighting up the inside of the barn as the mare smiled a tired smile, looking over to Aero Dynamic.  “There, that’ll do until we fall asleep.  How are you feeling?”
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: The Long and Winding Road   The Long and Winding Road I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2016 8:00 pm

Seeing Bright Eyes laugh brought a certain unique warmth to Aero. That's what I was after. After the exhausting trip, he found it admirable that she was still as receptive and active as she was. The pressure of such a burdened journey could easily break a pony, but she was strong and determined to push on despite what some might assume from her stereotypical appearance. It was an ethic he could relate to and respect entirely.

"I'm fine," Aero replied simply to the question, before mulling over his answer and offering a more truthful response. "A bit tired, but I'll live. Been through worse."

The pegasus stretched out his wings. He felt the familiar ache of his feathered limbs urging him to take to the skies but he fought it back. He wasn't going to simply fly off without reason. He ruffled them at his sides to satisfy the need to fully use them before he looked back to the unicorn. He practically copied her response of lying down on the hay, falling down quickly on a pile directly opposite her to rest his own legs. His wings tips dipped into his saddlebags to retrieve a couple of apples, one of which he rolled over to Bright.

Aero bit into his own apple, looking the unicorn over. Her bright blue coat seemed to shine in the golden glow of her horn as she gave a tired smile to him. He smiled back, before glancing down at her glasses. "Short or long sighted?" he asked causally, hoping to strike up a casual conversation.
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: The Long and Winding Road   The Long and Winding Road I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2016 8:28 pm

As tired as she was, Bright Eyes took care not to complain about it.  Aero didn’t complain along the way, so she had determined she would follow suit and keep that to herself.  Whining about it wouldn’t help, anyway.  She still felt some semblance of guilt that Aero was being dragged along on a confusing quest.

She pulled the offered apple closer with a dainty hoof, though the muscles in her legs were tired and ached with the movement.  She ignored it. “Thanks.  Sometimes I forget about food entirely.” At least they could replenish supplies in Ponyville in the morning.

Glancing up from the apple between her hooves, she smirked a little at Aero’s inquiry. “Long-sighted.  Too much time spent in the library, I suppose.  Plus genetics were working against me on that one.” She had wondered recently if there existed a spell that would help hone eyesight, even if only for a short time, but she had never searched for a magical cure for the problem before.

“It’s not so bad, though.  I can see you just fine,” she stated with a sleepy grin cast in his direction.  Better to look over at the stallion than allow her mind to wander back to the dark place that it seemed to inhabit more with every passing day, when she allowed it to consume her.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: The Long and Winding Road   The Long and Winding Road I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2016 8:45 pm

"Guess reading all those books in the library and at camp did you harm after all," Aero joked. The image of a young Bright Eyes with overly large spectacles came to mind, which made him chuckle.

He took another bit of his apple as she grinned towards him. That look, combined with her statement of seeing him fine, seemed to coincide with a slight wave of lightheadedness that hit him out of nowhere. Aero was entirely unsure why he felt this way as he struggled to maintain eye contact with the unicorn mare. It must be due to the tiredness of the trip suddenly catching up to him. He looked away, ruffling his wings again to try and rest more comfortably.

"It must be...frustrating at times, surely? To need glasses to see I mean, he clarified quickly, unsure and unaware whether he was treading into sensitive territory, "It's just, I can't imagine needing glasses to see anything properly. Maybe it's something I take for granted, but what I see is the world as it is."

Last edited by Fireseeker on Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: The Long and Winding Road   The Long and Winding Road I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2016 9:01 pm

“Chances are, I would have needed them sooner or later, anyway.”  Her mind drifted to her father, who had worn glasses for as long as she could remember.  They suited him well.  Bright Eyes had always thought her own frames did, as well.  But thoughts of her parents were certain to spoil the night, and she found it a great relief to have a chance to relax and talk to her friend.

Aero looked away, off into the darkness, but Bright Eyes thought little of it as her own stare fell to the apple.  She took a small bite grateful for the sweet taste that touched her tongue as she bit into it.  She nodded in response to his statement - perfect vision was something that most took for granted.  But there were plenty of things she took for granted daily — being able to walk, being healthy, still being young enough to move freely, but old enough to live a life she chose.

“It’s frustrating, I guess, that I have to be conscious of the glasses all the time.  You know, whether they’ll get broken if I run, what I would do if they are broken.  But it’s something I’ve grown used to, and don’t think about much.  Maybe I would be better off without,” she mused aloud, though the thought was quite foreign for her.  It would be one less thing to worry about.  "Maybe there's a spell at the Ponyville Library that could help?"
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: The Long and Winding Road   The Long and Winding Road I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2016 9:32 pm

You like fine with or without your glasses. Aero almost spoke aloud before he realised the redundancy of the statement. Why would she care what his opinion on that would be. It was a little odd for the thought to come to his mind in the first place. Pushing the thought aside,  Aero finished his apple before shifting the hay beneath his hooves to make the makeshift bedding more comfortable. At least he'd have a midnight snack at hoof if he awoke during the night.

"I suppose there might be a spell that could help you remove the need for glasses," Aero pondered before a thought crossed his mind. More of a memory, one that made him smile. "Although if you didn't wear glasses, we might not have ever met..."
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: The Long and Winding Road   The Long and Winding Road I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2016 9:59 pm

The sight of Aero’s smile brought a similar expression to her own features as she thought back to that first day in Canterlot - how her humiliation at the time had somehow sprouted into a close and entirely unexpected friendship.  “That’s true.  It feels like that was a long time ago.  So much has happened since then.” And while all of it hadn’t been good, there were enough bright spots in her recent memories to sustain her - all involving Aero, she realized as she finished her own apple, nudging the core away with her still-glowing horn before she settled back into her little hay pile.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: The Long and Winding Road   The Long and Winding Road I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2016 8:15 am

"Yeah, it has. I'm glad our paths crossed."

Aero looked to the ground as he thought back over the times since they'd first met. Canterlot, that night looking at the stars, the Running of the Leaves, the day visiting Cloudsdale. They'd been and seen quite a lot together despite having not been that long since they'd met. Despite this, Aero felt he knew Bright rather well, better than he knew most ponies he met. It was nice to actually have someone he could call a good friend. Maybe even close friend, considering the nature of some of their conversations.

Glancing over to the mare, it was apparent that she was rather tired and wished for a good night's sleep. Aero tussled some hay underhoof as he gestured to her bedding.

"Go ahead. Get some rest. I'm going to keep watch for a bit."
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: The Long and Winding Road   The Long and Winding Road I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2016 7:33 pm

An easy smile crossed her features as he spoke, and she nodded along to his words. “Same.” She paused for second before adding, in a moment of candor, “I’ve never met a pony like you before.”  And she meant it.  The mare found that even in these dark times, she still liked having Aero around to keep her company, and his attempts to cheer her up always seemed to work.

Aero Dynamic offered to stay awake a while longer, but as tired as Bright Eyes clearly was, she pursed her lips, hesitating.  “I don't know how much watching you can do. It will be quite dark,” she cautioned, allowing her horn’s glow to dim significantly to prove her point.  A thin sliver of pale moon was hanging low in the sky, but it did little to provide light inside the barn.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: The Long and Winding Road   The Long and Winding Road I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2016 7:58 pm

There was something in the way Bright said that which made Aero's smile involuntarily grow wider, warmer. He had to admit, it wasn't often you come across some pony who you can relate to so readily and so easily converse with, especially for him. Not that he would think of admitting to anyone, but Aero knew he wasn't the greatest at getting along with others. Memories reaching back to his childhood were littered with awkward conversations and long, stagnant silences. At least he'd gotten better over the years.

The level of light in the barn dimmed as Bright made her point about the darkness that surrounded them. No doubt, his eyes would adjust to the moonlight a little but it was certainly too dark to keep lookout in the barn. At this point, Aero was unable to think of another excuse to give and he couldn't find it in himself to lie to Bright.

"You got me. I was actually going to have a little night flight," Aero admitted sheepishly. He hadn't flown properly for a long time and his wings were itching for use. "Sorry. Figured I'd go when you were asleep."
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: The Long and Winding Road   The Long and Winding Road I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2016 8:08 pm

The azure mare very much liked to see him smiling so freely.  Naturally, she had always been the peacemaker type who was at her best when those around her were similarly happy.  But it was better with Aero.  She sensed it was more of a rare occurrence, and she felt quite privileged to be the one who could bring a happy look to his otherwise stoic façade.

The stallion admitted his intention to go out into the night to fly around, and Bright Eyes couldn't suppress a little laugh, amused by his reaction.  Bright Eyes laid her head on her forelegs, eyelids seemingly growing heavier in the dim light she produced.  Perhaps if she had been born a pegasus instead, she'd have a similar need to spread her wings... But as it was, she had only her legs to carry her, and each limb was undeniably finished for the night.  "There's no need to be sorry, Aero. I don't blame you.  As long as you do come back," she said, voice teasing.  She didn't believe he would leave like that.  Not now, as he had that starry night before.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: The Long and Winding Road   The Long and Winding Road I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2016 8:21 pm

Had Aero been talking to anyone else - his father perhaps - he'd have been expecting an annoyed or perhaps even angry response. From Bright, he expected her to be disappointed that he was wanting to leave to fly for himself. Instead she gave him that familiar smile, a twinkle in her shining blue eyes. She seemed understanding and her teasing response was the icing on the cake.

For the briefest of moments, a bright grin graced Aero's face, akin to a colt being told he could go play outside. It was almost immediately replaced by a sedated smile. "Thanks. And don't worry. I'll be back soon."

The pegasus raised himself from the hay and trotted over to the barn door. He edged it open before unfurling his wings. The cool night breeze that wafted through his feathers as they breathed the fresh air made him shiver with satisfaction. Aero looked over his shoulder to Bright before launching himself into the sky.
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: The Long and Winding Road   The Long and Winding Road I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2016 8:37 pm

His reaction to the mare’s accepting comment lit up his features in a bright smile, as if he had expected something different, and Bright Eyes found his look to be endearing, and maybe a little adorable.  A more subdued expression soon broke through, but it was the unusually wide grin that seemed to stick in Bright’s mind and memory, made her feel… something.  Some strange feeling she couldn’t decipher, but for the moment, it helped to forget the troubles that would return when the sun rose again.

Bright Eyes opened her mouth to advise him to be careful, but she stopped herself.  He didn’t need somepony telling him how to fly when clearly, he was an expert.  “Have fun.”

She glanced up from her resting place after he had gone, peering over just in time to catch sight of Aero’s sky blue eyes.  In a way, and not for the first time, she was rather envious of the stallion’s wings, but she doubted she had much, if any, pegasus blood in her.  She had only ever heard of unicorn ancestors.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: The Long and Winding Road   The Long and Winding Road I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2016 8:58 pm

The freedom of the night sky welcomed Aero with open hooves. There were no words to describe the joy it brought to simply be able to move freely in the space above Equestria. His wings, strong and sleek, powered him across the sky. In the distance, he could see the silhouetted outline Ponyville dotted with occasional lights. Canterlot, posed on the mountain edge, stood tall on the horizon and the rest of the world stretched out around him, pale and blue in nighttime colours. Despite being a pegasus, it was something Aero would never take for granted.

After pushing himself to high speed, he trailed off to glide at a much more relaxed pace. It gave him time to ponder over the events of the last week. In fact, the last month was replaying in his mind in segmented snippets but their recent journey from Manehatten was freshest. Aero's gaze lingered over Ponyville once more. He hoped for Bright's sake, that they would find some answers or even better, her parents...
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: The Long and Winding Road   The Long and Winding Road I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2016 9:10 pm

The faint golden light emitted from her horn faded away into darkness, and the barn suddenly felt much bigger and a lot colder. It occurred to her that fall would eventually fade into winter. But Bright Eyes tried to reassure herself that winter wouldn’t be an issue. Surely the search for her parents couldn’t take that long. How long would Aero have patience or will enough to keep up a prolonged search? She didn't want to dwell on it.

Finally allowing her eyelids to drift shut, she gave another sigh, trying to push thoughts from her consciousness so that she would actually fall asleep. She decided she would go to the library as soon as it opened — not only because she was curious about a spell that would improve her eyesight, but also because she still hadn’t solved the mystery of the arrow she had found in Robin Hoof Square. There was nothing in the books she had brought along about enchanted arrows, and since Ponyville’s library was impressive, perhaps the scholarly unicorn would have better luck there.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: The Long and Winding Road   The Long and Winding Road I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2016 9:33 pm

The quietness of night was all consuming as Aero practically emptied his mind. He became like a leaf on the breeze, simply drifting as the wind carried him. Flying amongst the clouds, it was very tempting to take perch on one and make it his bed for the night. He would if it weren't for the fact that he'd be cold rather quickly and he all but promised Bright he'd be back.

While the fatigue of the travelling hadn't been on his wings, it was starting to hit him harder now. Feeling it was time to return, Aero tilted his wing tips and turned back towards the barn. Perhaps tomorrow he could go for another flight. He could make it useful by trying to actually do some reconnaissance of the area to try and spot any unusual activity.

He reached the barn in what seemed like no time at all. He quietly landed outside and snuck inside so as not to wake Bright. The interior was now devoid of her light. A glance over to her seemed to confirm that she had rested for the night. Aero found himself watching her lie there for a while, her gentle breathing the only sound he cared to listen to. She was strong. Such an ordeal would ruin other ponies. He only hoped he could live up to her standards and help her out of this mess.

It was on these thoughts that Aero lay down to sleep...
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: The Long and Winding Road   The Long and Winding Road I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2016 9:46 pm

That night, Bright Eyes had a vivid dream - the kind that feel too real, confusing and distressing. She could barely see her parents in a dark pit, a chasm that swallowed all the light around it. They called out her name, voices fearful in panic. But as she ran closer to the darkness, it seemed only to envelope her mother and father more tightly, closing in around them. A third figure then appeared with her distraught parents, that familiar gray pelt she was growing accustomed to seeing. Like the others, Aero's face was contorted in horror, too far away to reach. Then, all went silent. The black hole began to grow swiftly, consuming everything until there was nothing left but empty darkness.

The mare awoke with a start, clumsily jumping to her hooves as if the dream was still continuing. Thankfully, she found she was still in the dark barn, with Aero resting a short distance away. A shiver ran down Bright's spine as she shook her head, trying to clear the terrifying images from her mind.

She trotted on quiet hooves to the barn door, nudging it open with her white muzzle. Peering outside, she could see the first signs of dawn painting the eastern horizon - the faintest trace of light, but a certain sign that the day would soon be beginning, and the family of earth pony farmers would soon be ready to resume their usual toils in the fields. The smell of dew and earth greeting her nostrils, and she breathed in the country scents.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: The Long and Winding Road   The Long and Winding Road I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2016 10:02 pm

The barest hint of light dancing across Aero's eyelids caused him to shuffle awake from his slumber. They peeled open, his pale blue eyes squinting in even the faint light. He quickly made out the figure of Bright Eyes standing at the barn door, accepting the new day in front of her. It surprised him that he wasn't the first awake as he usually was or that she hadn't caused him to wake up.

Stumbling to his hooves, Aero surprised himself again by letting out an unusually loud yawn. He smothered his mouth with a hoof in an attempt to contain some of his dignity before it all escaped and stepped over to Bright.

"Morning," he said, joining her in welcoming the new day by taking in the early scents of dew and cool air. It really helped to bring him out of a tired state of mind and invigorate him for the day ahead. "Got a plan for today?"
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: The Long and Winding Road   The Long and Winding Road I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2016 10:11 pm

Though she didn't mean to dwell on it, she pondered what the dream could mean.  Her parents in the darkness, that made sense.  But why would Aero be there, as well?  It was strange.  She couldn't remember the last time she'd had such a vivid dream.

The unexpected sound of Aero's yawn startled Bright Eyes slightly, causing her to flinch.  The recent memories of the terrible dream were still lingering.  Still, she offered a weary smile as she looked over to the stallion, who joined her at the barn's door.  "Good morning.  I think I will begin at the library."  She paused to chuckle at her own expense.  "Shocking, I know.  But I want to know more about the arrow from Trottingham. I suspect that will answer a few questions.  Of course, you can do something else in town while I'm hovering over books.  It could prove quite tedious."

She stepped out of the barn, pausing briefly so that the pegasus could join her.  With every passing minute, the eastern skies looked brighter, though it was unlikely that Ponyville's residents were awake yet.
Back to top Go down
Fireseeker

Fireseeker

PostSubject: Re: The Long and Winding Road   The Long and Winding Road I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2016 10:29 pm

As Aero stood beside her, there was an element of Bright that seemed just a little off. It was just a look in her eyes that made him concerned. A slight hint of agitation or perhaps even fear. Whatever it was, he couldn't help but stow the thoughts away for later. Maybe he would have to ask her later what she was worried about.

His attention turned to Ponyville in the distance as Bright laid out her plan for the day. It seemed to make sense, as the arrow was the biggest clue in their quest. Aero followed her lead outside of the barn, keeping pace along side of her.

"If you're doing that, I'll survey the area," he stated matter of factly. His tone had become more serious as his mind set into logical thinking, "I know the town relatively well so any abnormalities should stick out. I'll speak to the locals and see if they can give me anything useful as well. I can meet you at the library later to discuss our findings."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Long and Winding Road   The Long and Winding Road I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Long and Winding Road
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next