My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

One and one makes a friend (continuation)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Naturematthe

Naturematthe

One and one makes a friend (continuation) Empty
PostSubject: One and one makes a friend (continuation)   One and one makes a friend (continuation) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 8:56 pm

The train from Ponyville quickly came closer to the gorgeous capital of Equestria, Canterlot. Airy didn't come here very often, and every time he did, the town impressed him again.
The station was at the edge of Canterlot, and it was a lot, if not a few more lots, bigger that Ponyville's one. Getting lost wasn't impossible here, so Airy made sure that Golden Bolt stayed close to him.
"Here we are!", Airy shouted. "I'm heading to the library as soon as we've left the station. I'll wait there for you. The library is gigantic, but I'm sure you'll find me inside the music area. So, what exactly were you going to do again?"
Back to top Go down
Golden Bolt

Golden Bolt

PostSubject: Re: One and one makes a friend (continuation)   One and one makes a friend (continuation) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 9:09 pm

"I'm heading to the library as soon as we've left the station. I'll wait there for you. The library is gigantic, but I'm sure you'll find me inside the music area. So, what exactly were you going to do again?"

Golden was surprised by the mammoth size of the station and made a mental note to keep close to Airy in case he got lost.

"Well at the moment I've got nothing to do. I want to check out the art gallery later, but I'll tag along with you to the library. I need to see if they have anything on cloud forming."

Golden remembered how he still need to figure out how to form fog. It was a secret lost in the wind eons ago and the weather pegasia were always searching for the proper technique on forming fog.
Back to top Go down
Naturematthe

Naturematthe

PostSubject: Re: One and one makes a friend (continuation)   One and one makes a friend (continuation) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 3:38 pm

Airy nodded. "In this case, just come with me. As far as I remember, the art gallery isn't too far away from the library. Canterlot's library is extremely big, I'm sure you'll find something interesting for you."
Airy started walking down the street. One part of the library was inside the castle, and you only were allowed to access with a special permission. Luckily the music books were in the public part, so Airy didn't have to get this permission.
"If you want, you can help me get the books that are high up in the higher shelves. I've trouble to get the sometimes, especially when nopony's around."
Back to top Go down
Golden Bolt

Golden Bolt

PostSubject: Re: One and one makes a friend (continuation)   One and one makes a friend (continuation) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 12:30 pm

"If you want, you can help me get the books that are high up in the higher shelves. I've trouble to get the sometimes, especially when nopony's around."

"I can imagine. Good thing you have a friend like me to help you out huh?"

Golden said while chuckling. But in his head he kept thinking about what would happen to him if he ever lost the use of his wings or legs. It was a scary thought. His entire dream would no longer be possible. He would no longer be able to live in Cloudsdale and he would no longer have his dream job. Golden shuddered. Now he really began to understand the suffering that Airy must have gone through, and could still be going through. The fact that he has a sense of humor with his wheel chair and didn't let him stop him from doing anything was heroic in Golden's eyes.

"You know Airy..." Golden paused, the two were nearing the library. "I just wanted to say that I think the way in which you handle your situation," Golden pointed briefly at the wheel chair with a hoof. "Is almost heroic. I mean, you have a sense of humor with it and you don't let it bring you down. You go places and your trying to do new things." Golden sighed and then chuckled a bit. "I'm actually jealous of your determination and will power. I guess what I really want to say is thanks for showing me that even in the worst of times. There is always a silver lining in any cloud."
Back to top Go down
Naturematthe

Naturematthe

PostSubject: Re: One and one makes a friend (continuation)   One and one makes a friend (continuation) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 6:17 pm

Airy listened to the things Golden was saying. He somehow was right, now when Airy thought about it. Yes, now he was able to take waht had happened to him, that was true.
"Thnaks, Golden", Airy replied. "But to be honest, it took quite a while. See, if things had gone a little bit different I wouldn't stand here and talk to you. If a raibow-maned pegasus hadn't saved me back when I attempted suicide, yes, I did that, I wouldn't have learned to deal with it."
He moved on. "But I don't want to talk about it too much, you know what might happen."
Back to top Go down
Golden Bolt

Golden Bolt

PostSubject: Re: One and one makes a friend (continuation)   One and one makes a friend (continuation) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 6:53 pm

Golden was almost shocked to hear Airy would even think of suicide. The smiling Pegasia next to him looks like he would never want to do anything that involved in death.

"But I don't want to talk about it too much, you know what might happen."

Golden nodded, he understood how Airy felt talking about his past.

"No worries. So here's the library. Said Golden as they walked up the ramp to the library. "You know where to start?" Asked Golden as they pushed open the main doors. "I mean I hear this place is hug-"

Golden stopped mid-sentence. Walls and walls of books lined the library creating what looked like, in Golden's mind, a massive jungle of shelves, books and paper. The shelves them-selves went to the roof, and that was just the first floor! Golden just stared at the shelves as he and Airy walked to the front desk.

"I hope we don't get lost in here Airy."
Back to top Go down
Naturematthe

Naturematthe

PostSubject: Re: One and one makes a friend (continuation)   One and one makes a friend (continuation) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:36 pm

"Don't worry", Airy replied and smiled. "I've found the books I had been looking for every time I've been here, and I've also found the way out every time. Actually it's not half as complicated as it looks. If you're looking for something special" - Airy went to a table with a heavy book on it - "you just have to look here. Just look for the topic, then search the title in the alphabetic register. Each book has a number that tells you in which shelter you find it. It isn't that hard, is it?"
Back to top Go down
Golden Bolt

Golden Bolt

PostSubject: Re: One and one makes a friend (continuation)   One and one makes a friend (continuation) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:42 pm

"you just have to look here. Just look for the topic, then search the title in the alphabetic register. Each book has a number that tells you in which shelter you find it. It isn't that hard, is it?"

"Hm... I guess your right."

Agreed Golden, he walked over to the book that Airy was paging through and peered over his shoulder.

"So what are you looking for again?"
Back to top Go down
Naturematthe

Naturematthe

PostSubject: Re: One and one makes a friend (continuation)   One and one makes a friend (continuation) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:50 pm

"Music", Airy replied quickly. "Books about composing, arranging and techniques from the classics until now. There's so much you can learn from the classic composers, even if you try to make modern music. Actually the modern music is based on the same schemes as the music three hundred years ago."
Airy looked on the list he had written and wrote down the numbers from the heavy book.
"Alright. The music section is next to the Starswirl the Bearded wing. I've been there quite often, so I could walk the way in my sleep. Oh sorry, am I talking too much again?"
Back to top Go down
Golden Bolt

Golden Bolt

PostSubject: Re: One and one makes a friend (continuation)   One and one makes a friend (continuation) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:56 pm

"Alright. The music section is next to the Starswirl the Bearded wing. I've been there quite often, so I could walk the way in my sleep. Oh sorry, am I talking too much again?"

"You lost me after three hundred years Airy. Seriously though. Three hundred years? I mean we lost the art of making fog after ten years. How can music still use the same schemes after all that time?"

Airy and Golden were walking down a decorated hallway. A gate cover one of the entrances they walked past, inside Golden saw a purple unicorn rummaging through some books, her magic lifting and throwing books aside.

Golden was struck with a thought, but decided to let Airy answer him first before asking another question.
Back to top Go down
Naturematthe

Naturematthe

PostSubject: Re: One and one makes a friend (continuation)   One and one makes a friend (continuation) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 8:10 pm

"How can music still use the same schemes after all that time?"
Airy was a little confused. He never had thougt about that question.
"Well... That's an interesting question. Maybe it has an easy answer, but I can't find it right now. For now I only can say that the idea of harmonies hasn't changed for three hundred years, and today's music uses the same scales as old music.
Don't get me wrong, music has changed during these centuries, but it hasn't been invented for a second time."

The two ponies entered the music section.
"Okay. The first book I'm looking for is 'Orchestras from classic to modern times'. It's supposed to be in that shelter, second row from the top. Could you get that for me? Just put it into my waggon. I'll get the next one, it's in one of the lower rows."
Back to top Go down
Golden Bolt

Golden Bolt

PostSubject: Re: One and one makes a friend (continuation)   One and one makes a friend (continuation) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 8:38 pm

Golden nodded his head, it made sense what Airy said.

"Okay. The first book I'm looking for is 'Orchestras from classic to modern times'. It's supposed to be in that shelter, second row from the top. Could you get that for me? Just put it into my waggon. I'll get the next one, it's in one of the lower rows."

"Right. I'll see if I can find it."

Golden flew up to the top the large shelf, and slowly flew along side the second shelf from the top. Just as Airy had said Surprisingly the book wansn't as big as what Golden thought it would be, but it was still big enough to make Golden grunt as he picked it up and flew back down to Airy. Depositing the book on his wagon.

"Do you ever think magic and music mix?"

Asked Golden as he walked along side Airy.

Back to top Go down
Naturematthe

Naturematthe

PostSubject: Re: One and one makes a friend (continuation)   One and one makes a friend (continuation) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 7:39 pm

"Do you ever think magic and music mix?"
Airy hardly noticed the question because he had started to read a book about wind instruments, but after a few seconds he realized the question.
"To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what you mean. But I personally think that music itself is a kind of magic, one that can be performed by anypony, not only unicorns. But I don't think this is the answer to your question. Or maybe it is, kinda."
Once again Airy had noticed that he had talked too much again. He put the book into his waggon and took a look at his list.
"Okay, the last one from my list is 'Octavia's guide to strings and their sounds'. It's up there", he said and pointed to a point on a high row of the shelter. "Could you get that for me again?"
Back to top Go down
Golden Bolt

Golden Bolt

PostSubject: Re: One and one makes a friend (continuation)   One and one makes a friend (continuation) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 7:10 pm

Golden chuckled, nodding his head as Airy spoke.

"No it does Airy, thank you."

Golden thought for a bit on the word magic. It had so many meanings and yet it always pointed to one thing. Something mystical, alluring and amazing. It was an interesting word magic.

"Okay, the last one from my list is 'Octavia's guide to strings and their sounds'. It's up there", he said and pointed to a point on a high row of the shelter. "Could you get that for me again?"

"With pleasure."

With a small gust of wind from Golden's wings he quickly reached the shelter Airy had pointed to. A brief moment later he pulled out a book, and gently floated to the ground, carefully dropping the book onto Airy's wheelchair once he was on the ground.

"Is that them all?"
Back to top Go down
Naturematthe

Naturematthe

PostSubject: Re: One and one makes a friend (continuation)   One and one makes a friend (continuation) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 6:28 am

"That's it", Airy replied. "I'll need a whole week to read these. If that's okay for you, you could join me again next week, or the other way around if that's easier with you."
He took a brief look at the other books standing here. Nothing interesting so far, but that could change until next week.
"I'm done here. I need some ink and paper, but I can also get that back in Ponyville. So, what exactly did you need to do here?"
Back to top Go down
Golden Bolt

Golden Bolt

PostSubject: Re: One and one makes a friend (continuation)   One and one makes a friend (continuation) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 8:03 am

"I'm done here. I need some ink and paper, but I can also get that back in Ponyville. So, what exactly did you need to do here?"

Golden thought for a bit, he had been so caught up in this library that he had almost forgotten why it was that he was here.

"Oh right! Um..."

Golden thought for a bit, in Canterlot there were a few things he remembered doing. Dumping a rain cloud on Shadows head, eating snow cookies. He chuckled at each memory.

"The art gallery."

Remembered Golden.

"I wanted to see if there was any art involving clouds. Sometimes artists get pegasia to move clouds for them so that they can have a better landscape, while others paint the pegasai moving the clouds."

Golden smiled, thinking of his dream to create clouds of different colours.

"Maybe one day I'll be able to paint clouds different colours just like the artists can."
Back to top Go down
Naturematthe

Naturematthe

PostSubject: Re: One and one makes a friend (continuation)   One and one makes a friend (continuation) I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 4:55 pm

Airy carefully listened to the things Golden said.
"Wow... That really sounds interesting. Would you mind if I follow you? Maybe you could even tell me more about it? I don't know much about arts, I'm more into music... But you know that already."

OT: I'm awfully sorry I haven't posted in a while now. Seriously, I'm awfully sorry...
Back to top Go down
Golden Bolt

Golden Bolt

PostSubject: Re: One and one makes a friend (continuation)   One and one makes a friend (continuation) I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 6:16 pm

"Wow... That really sounds interesting. Would you mind if I follow you? Maybe you could even tell me more about it? I don't know much about arts, I'm more into music... But you know that already."

Golden smiled wide. A twinkle in his eyes.

"I'd love for you to come along."

As they started walking Goldens hoof's made a satisfying 'clop' as he took each step, causing a slight echo to be heard. Golden never noticed it on their way in. Maybe he was to busy chatting with Airy.

"You see, I've always had a dream."

He paused, his eyes sparkling as he thought about such a wonderful thing.

"I've always wanted to paint the sky. But I don't mean on a canvas and with paint. I want to paint the clouds different colours and let them litter the sky. Each cloud letting the sun bounce off of it in a way to let the colour shine across the sky."

Golden was almost hopping from hoof to hoof as he spoke.

"So this is why I want to go to the art gallery, to see if other ponies might have had the same idea."

((Not a problem buddy, glad to see you're back))
Back to top Go down
Naturematthe

Naturematthe

PostSubject: Re: One and one makes a friend (continuation)   One and one makes a friend (continuation) I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 3:47 pm

"I've always wanted to paint the sky. But I don't mean on a canvas and with paint. I want to paint the clouds different colours and let them litter the sky. Each cloud letting the sun bounce off of it in a way to let the colour shine across the sky."

Airy tried to imagine what Golden Bolt told him. Coloured clouds, each in a different colour... Painting the sky...
Colorful images popped up inside his head. Beautiful paintings, bizzar colours...
A lamp pole pushed him out of his daydreams. He stood still and tried to shake his drowziness off.
"Oh, sorry. That happens way too often. But... That's really interesting. I think I'll really follow you to the art gallery."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One and one makes a friend (continuation)   One and one makes a friend (continuation) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One and one makes a friend (continuation)
Page 1 of 1