My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Watching the kids

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Wan

Wan

Watching the kids Empty
PostSubject: Watching the kids   Watching the kids I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 11:59 pm

Shut Eye was going through his home and double and triple checking his preparations. He was quite used to watching over foals individually and in groups. He was also well rehearsed in taking care of foals in his own home just as well as in their homes. There were perks to both situations.

When babysitting foals in their homes, Shut Eye had free access to the parent's refrigerator and so long as he wasn't gluttonous he could enjoy free meals that way. Plus the foals tended to be more comfortable and for a good foal that was a good thing for Shut Eye. For a bad foal or one he wasn't familiar with, he preferred his own home.

In his own home, most foals were less comfortable and less prone to act out since they were in a strange place foreign to them. Not that his home was all too odd; it was a simple one floor house with a main room and attached kitchen, a bathroom, a guest room and his own bedroom. Not too big, but large enough to accommodate a few foals running around. He had very few breakable things and what could be broken or become harmful to the children he locked in a closet in his bedroom, which was also locked.

He had an ample supply of games and toys though. A collection built up over time to entertain most foals of any age and gender. He was expecting three foals today and they would be spending the night unless their parent's came home early.

Content that his home was ready, he relaxed on the sofa and awaited their arrival.
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

Watching the kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the kids   Watching the kids I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 12:24 am

It's not often Spell Tome's parents went out. They needed a break to themselves and from all the kids. Her brothers watched over her little sister at the house back in Canterlot. Why she was chosen to be dropped off at this stallion's house was a mystery to her. At least she had a chance for some peace and quiet. She hasn't even cracked her book open yet today.

Most foals would want to tear up the house they were sent to. But she just wanted to study. Spell would not let go of her book the whole trip to this Mr. Shut Eye's house. That was what she planned to do a majority of the night. And her parents payed no mind to it. They left her at the door to his house. She remembered hearing there were two other foals who were staying with him as well. Instead of barging in, she patiently waited for the other two to arrive. It seemed a little awkward with a young filly sitting outside somepony's door with a book wrapped in her arms
Back to top Go down
Sweet Dreams

Sweet Dreams

Location : That dark place between worlds all souls will one day vist

Watching the kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the kids   Watching the kids I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 1:28 am

Bright Sides was excided she was going to meet some new ponies, Her mama had to work late so she go to spend the night at a foalsitters and she didnt mind because she heard that there would be more foals to play with. She couldnt wait as her and her mama walks towards the foalsitter home. "I hope he will read bedtime stories!" Sunny bounces up and down as her mama knocked on the door.
Back to top Go down
Wan

Wan

Watching the kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the kids   Watching the kids I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 8:47 am

Shut Eye stood up when he heard the knock at the door. He switched the television from his nerdy sci-fi show to a children's cartoon, turned the volume down so that it wouldn't interrupt conversation, then went to answer the door. A mare and two fillies were outside.

He recognized Spell Tome, having foalsat her when she was really little before her siblings were old enough to be trusted with the task. Her parents told him that she liked peace and quiet and that was why she was the only one of the family to be coming to his place since he was already taking care of a couple other kids. Shut Eye hadn't yet met Bright Sides, but he knew her parents well enough.

"Hello," he said with a smile. Bright Side's mother greeted him and he let the two fillies in the door while making the customary chit-chat with Bright Side's mother, going over standard emergency procedures and where she could be found if something happened. Waving farewell to the mare, Shut Eye glanced around outside to see if the third foal was on the way but, seeing nopony, he shut the door.
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

Watching the kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the kids   Watching the kids I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 9:45 am

Spell Tome walked into the house, examining it. She wanted to get acquainted with the house she would have to stay in for a while. Shut Eye seemed somewhat familiar to her. Oh yeah... He foalsat before for her. He walked over to him and said. "Um, hello. Is there a quiet room in here I may use? Like I said, most foals would run wild. She just wanted a quiet room.

She looked over to Bright Sides. She seemed like a very happy filly. She may be the one holding the hyper for both of them. "Hey, wasn't there supposed to be a third?" It most likely wasn't a big deal, but she wanted to meet this colt. Interestingly enough, his actual name is Kid, from what she heard.
Back to top Go down
Sweet Dreams

Sweet Dreams

Watching the kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the kids   Watching the kids I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 6:31 pm

Bright Sides bounces ovet to Spell Tome "HI!! My name is Bright Sides but you can all me Sunny what is your name??" She bounced up and down in place as she asked the filly for her name and remember something and grined "Do you wanna be my friend?"
Back to top Go down
Kid

Kid

Watching the kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the kids   Watching the kids I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 8:52 pm

Kid had thought that he had been quiet enough as to not elicit any concern from anypony while arriving in Ponyville. Other than meeting up with a stallion whom he told a little bit about himself over a snack, he thought that nopony had paid much attention to him. Nor did he think anypony would find it peculiar a foal his age was job-hunting without a parent in Ponyville. Although as it turns out, one of the guards had taken notice of him and, unfortunately for Kid, had arranged for him to be foal-sat. However, the guard knew that Kid wouldn't willingly be foal sat, so he had lied to Kid, telling him that this was the only way Kid could avoid going to jail. Obviously not wanting to go there, he ran as fast as he could. Feeling a little grungy from not taking a shower or a bath yet that day...or for awhile for that matter. He hated the feeling of being dirty, so the entire time he was brushing off invisible dirt.

When he family made it to the door of the sitter. He knocked politely and sat down. Patiently waiting for somepony to answer the door. Though he fidgeted with his knapsack for a bit as he waited.

Last edited by Kid on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wan

Wan

Watching the kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the kids   Watching the kids I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:23 pm

Shut Eye looked over the two fillies that had entered and wondered, as Spell did, where the third was. He prepared to answer Spell's questions when Sunny bounced over to introduce herself. As they conversed there was a knock on the door.

"Must be Kid," Shut Eye muttered, turning around to open the door again. As expected, there was the small colt, sitting there with messy hair and an expectant expression...and a bit of an odor. "Hello Kid," Shut Eye said, stepping aside and waving him in with a welcoming smile, "Welcome to the fun house."
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

Watching the kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the kids   Watching the kids I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:33 pm

Being interrupted by Sunny was a bit of a bother for Spell. Guess she'll just plop her book anywhere, since Shut wouldn't tell of a quiet room.. She looked over to the excited filly who couldn't stop bouncing. "Um, hello, 'Sunny.' My name is Spell Tome. Nice to meet you." The truth was, she wanted to get to reading as soon as possible. "Sure. I'll be your friend." She set her book down on a table, but her reading was interrupted by the knocking.

She looked over from the book and saw it was the third foal to be sat. She decided to introduce herself. He looked really small, though. "Hello. I'm Spell Tome. And you are....?" She was going to extend her hoof, but his scent caused her to pull it back. "What's that smell?"
Back to top Go down
Sweet Dreams

Sweet Dreams

Watching the kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the kids   Watching the kids I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:51 pm

Sunny smiled at Spell still boucing." Spell Tome....Thats a really pretty name!" She squeed when Spell said she would be her friend and was about to ask what she was reading, when a knock came at the door loking over she gasps seeing another foal, a colt this time at the door. She started to bounces over to him "Hi!! My name is Bright Sides but you can all me-WOAH!!" Before she could finish she somehow triped over her own hooves and was sent rolling towards the colt while her glasses sent flying, she stoped right infront of the colt and squinted at him even from this close up "But you can call me Sunny its nice to meet you!" She said within a second of stoping and grinned like her just tripping over her own hooves just didnt happen."Now did anypony see where my glasses went to?"
Back to top Go down
Kid

Kid

Watching the kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the kids   Watching the kids I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 11:05 pm

"What's that smell?"

Hearing that embarrassed Kid to no end. He couldn't stand the thought of being so filthy that he started to stink. Blushing a dark shade of red, he looked up at everypony.

"Hello, everypony." Kid smiled as he nodded his head in greeting, trying to cover up his embarrassment. "Sorry for being late!"

Kid walked calmly inside as he inspected the house. It seemed nice, though he was curious as to what would be happening here. He was also curious if this truly was the only way to prevent getting himself put in jail...or sent back to the orphanage.

Last edited by Kid on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wan

Wan

Watching the kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the kids   Watching the kids I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 11:13 pm

Now that everypony was here Shut Eye could get some order began. He never tried to schedule a babysitting job since that was just asking for disappointment; instead, he just had a 'game plan' in mind.

"Okay everypony," he said, "For those of you who don't know, my name is Shut Eye. Spell Tome, I don't have a 'quiet room' per-se, but I do have a spare bedroom. However I think it best if you stay someplace I can easily see you and where you can easily call for me if you need anything. The dining table is in the kitchen," he pointed his hoof in that direction, "And is rather out of the way so you are more than welcome to sit there to read if you desire."

He looked to Kid and tried to give him a welcoming smile and put him at ease about the hygiene matter. "I don't mean any offence Kid, but I think my doorstep hasn't been cleaned in a while and since you were sitting on it I would be remiss if I didn't offer you the chance to get cleaned up. The bathroom is through that door," he said, pointing at the door that led to the bathroom, "There are towels in the closet that you should be able to reach. If you need help getting the water running let me know and I'll be right in."

"And as for you Sunny," Shut Eye said, "If you can keep the bouncing to a minimum, I think I have a small trampoline somewhere around here that you may find entertaining. See if you can find it." He had purposefully hid the trampoline behind a small mountain of toys in the game closet in the living room so that the various options for the evening would be strewn all over the floor by the time she reached the miniature trampoline; it always made things easier when a foal spotted something they liked and dove for it rather than trying to hunt for things and introduce them one-by-one to the bored glassy eyes of a child waiting to be entertained.
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

Watching the kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the kids   Watching the kids I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 11:38 pm

Spell watched that clumsy, yet positive pony fumble and tumble to Kid. That was rather silly. After she stopped, her glasses landed on Spell's head. She handed them back to her. " Try to be more careful next time" Afterwards, he listened to what the foalsitter had to say

Huh. This was rather organized. Spell Tome liked it. "Thank you, Shut Eye." She went straight for the kitchen dining table, not wanting to waste any time. Maybe later she'll decide to join in on what Shut Eye already had set up for them. But for now, she wanted to read. Spell put her book, "Mystical Transformation Spells," on the table and began to read. She quickly started looking around for harmless things she could test on.

She didn't find much to test with. But there was a pile of small toys that nopony would notice if one were to go missing. She saw one that would work nicely, a toy car. But there would be a problem. Trying to get past that hyper filly, Bright Sides. Spell wasn't a fan of personal interaction, and chances were that was going to get roped into another conversation. But magic isn't something you let down. She walked over to the toys, hoping to remain unnoticed
Back to top Go down
Sweet Dreams

Sweet Dreams

Watching the kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the kids   Watching the kids I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 11:59 pm

Sunny thanked Spell putting her glasses back on and listened tp Shut Eye as he talked and beamed at the word "trampoline", When Shut Eye was finished she took a pose like she was going to zoom around the house looking for it but instead just simply trotted around looking for it while humming a silly tune. She looked over to see Spell in the kitchen sitting at the table reaching for a toy car "Hey Spell!" She started to bounce over towards her untill she remebered what Shut Eye had said, causing her to stop and trot over the rest of the way to her "Do you wanna help me find the trampoline...we can take turns...that sounds more fun then sitting here by yourself and playing with that toy car...right?" She gives Spell one of her Super Happy Silly Grins as she says that.
Back to top Go down
Kid

Kid

Watching the kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the kids   Watching the kids I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 8:55 am

"...Thank you, sir...." Kid said as he walked towards the washroom, blushing still.

Making his way over to the washroom, he looked over to see what the other two were doing. Thinking that maybe after he smells less foul, he would join them. For now though, he was focused on getting clean.

Trotting into the washroom he looked around, it seemed as though everything was out of his reach. Though he didn't want anypony to think any less of him for not being able to reach anything. Setting his knapsack down and retrieving the soap from it, he stepped into the shower. Looking up at how the knobs for the hot and cold water were high up out of his reach. Instead of going and asking for assistance with the shower, he figured he would jump up to reach them. A bad idea.

In what seemed like only a heart beat, Kid leaped up, hit the water to scalding hot temperatures, slipped when landing and hit his head off the side of the tub and started bleeding.

((I'm assuming that the shower is a shower/tub combo. If not, i'll edit.))
Back to top Go down
Wan

Wan

Watching the kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the kids   Watching the kids I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 10:14 am

Shut Eye kept a casual eye on the two filly's. One was reading, the other was trying to coax the reader out of reading alone. Shut Eye liked that; Sunny had a good disposition and would make a good friend for Spell Tome.

Then he heard a bang from the bathroom and walked quickly over to it. Kids: never let them out of your sight Shut Eye thought as he glanced into the tub and saw some blood. The steam in the air told him how hot the water was and his horn flashed, shutting the water off immediately. He lifted Kid out of the tub with his magic and helped him stand up.

"Kid? Are you alright?" he asked, kneeling down to stare into the colt's eyes and check his pupil dilation. He wasn't too knowledgable about medicine, but foalsitting had got him to learn the basics. Concussion examination was something he was used to.
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

Watching the kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the kids   Watching the kids I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 5:22 pm

Spell heard the bang from the bathroom, but ignored it, assuming it was just something falling off a shelf. She turned back to Sunny. She knew this would happen. A conversation while she was trying to work. She wanted to let her know she was busy, but tell her nicely. "A trampoline would be nice, indeed. But I'm kind of busy with some research. I'm trying to learn more about Transmogrification. And this toy is a great test subject." True, a trampoline would be fun, but Spell Tome was in the learning mood. She took the car, hoping that Sunny wouldn't try to stop her from going back to the table.
Back to top Go down
Sweet Dreams

Sweet Dreams

Watching the kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the kids   Watching the kids I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 5:32 pm

Everything about Sunny seemed to deflate even her bow at the word "Busy”. She knew not to bother ponies when they were busy as they might be doing something important
"Well...ok...maybe later then?" She asked as she continues to look for the trampoline but this time not even trotting around, instead she seemed to drag her hooves as she looked inside a closet taking the toys out and putting them on the ground carefully.

Last edited by Sweet Dreams on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kid

Kid

Watching the kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the kids   Watching the kids I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 5:40 pm

Kid reached up and rubbed the back of his head. It hurt, really, really badly. When he brought his hoof up to his eyes, they widened as he stared at the blood. He looked around and saw that he was bleeding, some in the tub, some on the tub, some outside the tub. Looking up at Shut Eye with eyes that seemed like they were about to burst with tears.

"I am seriously sorry about the mess." Kid said as his eyes began to water from pain and guilt. "I...I didn't mean to get the floor and tub messy...I-I honestly didn't!
Back to top Go down
Wan

Wan

Watching the kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the kids   Watching the kids I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 9:35 pm

Shut Eye cast a quick glance out the door. Spell Tome was still sitting at the table and Sunny was walking away looking kinda mopey. He hated seeing sad foals, but physical well-being took precedence over emotional. The teary Kid tugged at Shut Eye's tender heart strings and he reached out and patted him on the shoulder.

"Its fine, its not a mess at all," Shut Eye said as his horn glowed. The mirror over the sink opened and some bandages floated out. He was quite used to patching up hurt foals and was prepared. "I shouldn't have made you start the water yourself; I always forget not everypony is as tall as I am, haha," he joked since he was on the short side of adult hood, though he still outsized the foals.

The faucet knobs turned and warm water began to flow into the tub. "Now, mind if I take a look?" he asked, gently turning Kid's head to look at the back of it. He planned to wash off the blood and wrap his head up with the bandages, then when Kid was done in the bath he'd re-wrap his head and give him an ice pack.
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

Watching the kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the kids   Watching the kids I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 9:41 pm

Spell just barely heard what Kid and Shut Eye were saying, but she payed more attention to Sunny. It wasn't fun having a sad friend. She put down her book and car, and went back to Sunny. "On second thought, maybe the work can wait. I'll certainly play with you. Let's start trying to find the trampoline."

Spell Tome lifted most of the toys with her magic, looking for the trampoline Sunny was talking about. She points to it under everything. "Is that it?" She looked over at Sunny. "Listen, I'm sorry about what I said earlier. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Still friends?"
Back to top Go down
Sweet Dreams

Sweet Dreams

Watching the kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the kids   Watching the kids I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 10:45 pm

Sunny's grin poped back on her face when Spell said she would help her look for it " I think so!" she starts to pull it out into the middle of the room "Its ok silly filly and of course we still aree friends infact were best friends!" Sunny said with a silly smile. "Mr Shut Eye we think we found it!"
Back to top Go down
Kid

Kid

Watching the kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the kids   Watching the kids I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 10:55 pm

Kid continued sobbing, not sure why he was unable to stop. Usually he'd be able to regain his composure by now, but for some reason he just couldn't stop crying. Finding himself unable to speak due to his blubbering, he simply nodded. He wished he wasn't crying, and he really wished he didn't mess up doing something so simple. Kid had done nothing but embarrass himself since he got there. The thought of how bad of a first-impression he had made on everypony made him cry even more.
Back to top Go down
Wan

Wan

Watching the kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the kids   Watching the kids I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 11:05 pm

Shut Eye lightly splashed the warm water on the back of Kid's head and used his magic to part the foal's hair. The cut wasn't that bad; just a small split from bumping his head. He washed it off quickly then wrapped his head tight with the bandage, using a gauss pad against the cut itself.

He gave Kid a quick pat on the forehead and said "There, all patched up," he said, splashing water against the blood on Kid and in the tub to wash it away. Once the blood within the tub was gone he put a plug in the drain and let the tub start to fill with nice warm water. "How about you soak here for a bit. When you're done I'll put something on that little cut. Sound good?" he asked, trying to keep Kid's spirits up and get him to stop crying and cheer up. Hopefully a good bath and some play time would do the trick.
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

Watching the kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the kids   Watching the kids I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 11:27 pm

Spell Tome overheard Kid's sobbing. This is what actually convinced her to take a look. She walked into the bathroom and said "Um, is everything ok?" He looked over and saw Kid's cut on his head. "Oh my, I'm sorry. I'll just... leave you to your business, then." Spell quickly walked back out and went back to Sunny. "Let's start using the trampoline. You can go first, best friend." She was actually glad to have a friend. She never had very many. She patiently awaited her turn as she played with other toys that were lying around
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Watching the kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the kids   Watching the kids I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Watching the kids
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next