Section A deals with general relations within the forum. Section B regulates RP/in-character behavior. Section C provides guidelines pertaining to character creation and submission. ***
- denotes that the specific rule will be enforced by use of a three-strike system. For each violation, the offender is awarded a strike. If within any given period of 15 days the offender receives three strikes, his or her IP will be suspended. If within any given period of 7 days the offender receives three strikes, his or her IP will be banned. Strikes may be awarded to a member at the decision of two moderators or one administrator.
In the event that non-asterisked rules are violated, the offender should take steps to rectify the issue with or without the aid of a moderator or administrator.A. Forum Proceduresi) General rules
Be respectful. We are an assembly of diverse individuals; each, with his or her own unique mode of expression. We encourage each member to express him or herself, but moreover to do so without negatively affecting others. Examining oneself more and blaming others less will result in fewer complaints. – Confucius,论语
Recognize that our forum calls for moderate behavior. We do not permit swearing in profound excess or spamming. Grimdark is acceptable if used sparingly. We do not permit the exposure of explicit sexual or violent content in-character or out-of-character.
3. Each member may have one account. This account will store all of the member’s OCs.
4. Do not hesitate to refer to administrators and moderators. Our role in this forum is to ensure that each member receives fair treatment and an opportunity to enjoy his or her role-playing experience. Members are encouraged to report anything, in-character or out-of-character, that bothers them.ii) Chatbox rules
All aforementioned rules apply in the Chatbox.
2. The purpose of the Chatbox Public Room
is to discuss matters out-of-character. These matters may concern RP plans, but they may also pertain to other interests. Please use the Roleplaying Room
for formal RP in the Chatbox.
Administrators and moderators may not kick or ban members from the Chatbox without specifically citing the rule that the member has violated.
Administrators and moderators may not clear the Chatbox archives until they have saved a redistributable copy of the content which caused the archives to be cleared.B. Role-playing Proceduresi) Prerequisites
1. Each member is expected to begin work on his or her OC application within his or her first week of membership. If a conflict prevents a member from publishing an OC in a timely fashion, he or she may speak with a moderator or administrator for exemption. New members showing no desire to role-play may be removed.
Members may only role-play with OCs that have been approved by a moderator or administrator. Approved character applications should remain posted at all times for reference by members, admins and moderators.ii) In-character Protocol
Members may not employ supernatural abilities, assume control of other members’ characters, or otherwise forcibly create an environment in which other OCs are compromised without consent.
2. Members may not role-play characters from the show.
3. Upon joining an RP, members should establish an understanding of the environment into which their OC is entering. Observing key components such as the setting (our forum takes place in a time period technologically similar to our early industrial era), plot progression, and dialogue will ensure that the entering OC will integrate successfully.
4. All role-plays must adhere to a post order. Participants post in a cycle that updates when new members join.
Member A posts.
Member B joins.
Member A posts.
Member B posts.
Member C joins.
Member A posts.
Member B posts.
Member C posts.
If some but not all of the OCs in a role-play enter into a situation in which their actions do not concern the other OCs, the independent group of OCs does not have to adhere to the conventional post order. For example, if two OCs initiate a private conversation, they may detach from the posting order until they choose to reintegrate.
5. If a participant inexplicably fails to post within 3 days of the last participant's post, his or her turn may be skipped by the next poster in the order.
6. Please avoid taking personal offense to the actions of OCs. The conduct of OCs should not affect the manner in which members treat each other.
7. We recommend that members write all in-character posts in third-person, past tense form.C. Character Creation Proceduresi) Creation Guidelines
1. OC applications must adhere to the Pony Creation Template. You can find the template |here|
2. Members should choose from the three basic races (earth pony, pegasus, or unicorn. NO ALICORNS
) for their first OC. Members seeking to role-play an OC of a nonstandard race must discuss the choice thoroughly with a moderator or administrator before posting the OC application. If the idea is approved, the applicant must then write the name of the moderator or administrator with whom he or she has discussed in the application.
The current accepted non-standard races are as follows:
- Crystal Pony
- Bat Pony
3. OCs will not be approved if their characterization does not follow a rational scheme. Ponies do not have special abilities extending beyond racial attributes. Ponies are only as stylistically modern as the Equestrian setting permits. Ordinary ponies do not live in or originate from the Everfree forest. For a list of regions and their corresponding themes, refer to |this topic|
4. OCs will not be approved if their role in Equestrian society is exaggerated beyond reason. Ponies may not have royal statuses, special elements, or other attributes that center society around the single character. Any queries regarding statuses/elements of a character is up to the discretion of an admin/moderator to approve.
5. Remember that we are an OC forum. To ensure approval, avoid incorporating characters from the show into OC histories.
6. Members intending to employ Grimdark themes in OC histories must be able to apply such themes in a meaningful fashion. Instead of creating reasonless antagonisms, recognize that even evildoers have justifications for their actions. Mental disorders are serious characteristics and should be given thorough consideration before potential incorporation. If you intend to include Grimdark themes, it is best to discuss the matter beforehand with an admin or moderator.
7. By proofreading their own applications, members will allow us to fully understand their OC(s). Applications containing 7 or more mistakes in spelling or grammar, thereby implying that the creator has not sufficiently reviewed his or her application, will not be approved.
8. Please keep in mind that application length is not a determining factor in whether or not the OC will be approved. A concise, well-thought-out composition that meets all criteria serves its purpose just as effectively as prolix rhetoric.
9. To acknowledge that you have read the rules, please write "Acceptance" at the very bottom of your OC application.
10. A character can only be approved by an admin or moderator. In the case of an admin or moderator creating a new character, a different admin or moderator must approve the character.
11. If a member wishes to alter/re-write the application of a previously approved character, they must make this known to a moderator or admin. The character must be re-approved after alterations have been made before the character can be used again.ii) OC Management
1. Members may create up to 4 OCs without needing special consent. Members seeking to create a 5th OC must first ask for permission from a moderator or administrator, who will subsequently look to see whether or not the user is capable of sustaining more than 4 OCs. Members are expected to use all current OCs consistently before creating more.Useful Links|PONY CREATION TEMPLATE||SUBMITTED CREATIONS SUBFORUM||TOWNS AND CORRESPONDING THEMES||PONIES AND WHERE THEY LIVE|Rules effective as of December 2nd, 2012.
Rules edited on February 10th, 2013. Reason: Changes to Creations subforum
Rules edited on February 21st, 2013. Reason: Introduction of crystal ponies
Rules edited on July 17th, 2013. Reason: Change to chat room rules
Rules edited on July 23th, 2013. Reason: Change to chat room rules
Rules edited on November 11th, 2016. Reason: Updating of rules in regards to show, and clarification of existing rules