My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Meeting at the Memorial (Invite)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

Meeting at the Memorial (Invite) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Memorial (Invite)   Meeting at the Memorial (Invite) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 2:53 am

Amy grimaced, but only ever so slightly. "Well... Let's just say that it's far far away from here. I got into a fight with my parents, and moved here afterwards." she mumble awkwardly, feeling the thoughts bring up a painful rush of memories and a lump in her throat.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

Location : A little pocket universe after almost destroying the old one.

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Memorial (Invite)   Meeting at the Memorial (Invite) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 4:16 am

Elegance raised an eyebrow. A sore topic, it seemed. Maybe it was best to avoid aggravating the ache, but part of Elegance wanted to poke around to find out more.

"You should try to reconcile, if you haven't already," she suggested idly, "They are your flesh and blood, and it is never a good thing when families go sour." She paused. "Then again, I am a noble, so family is emphasised in my life, and things really go sour when things break down."
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Memorial (Invite)   Meeting at the Memorial (Invite) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 4:26 am

Amy managed to smile weakly. "Oh, but we have! We write to each other a lot, and sometimes I even visit them. It's just... Sometimes, I wish that we hadn't fallen out in the first place. Things won't ever be the same..." she said. feeling better as Elegance continued. "Well, I guess I'm a fallen noble then!" she replied with a small laugh.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Memorial (Invite)   Meeting at the Memorial (Invite) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 5:21 am

"Oh? New blood or old blood?"

It was a classic question. Many ponies today claimed nobility, saying that their mere wealth, power and influence made them of a higher breed than their fellow ponies. They are what ponies like Elegance called 'new blood', in contrast to the 'old blood' or 'true nobility', the her and the old families represented. Those not in the know would be surprised at how different the two groups were. Whilst the new blood tried to prove their worth through big words and flashy actions, the old blood simply were and let hundreds of years of service do the validation for them. Sentiment expressed it best, Elegance thought. While the new blood persued the latest fashion endlessly chasing the newest clothes season after season, the old blood knew that true style was not determined by the wallet, but by the way you presented yourself. 'A newblood makes a 10, 000 bit dress cheap and nasty, whilst an oldblood can pull off grandeur with nothing at all.'

If Elegance was to guess, Cerise was probably a newblood. The young noblepony's classical education made her well read with the old family names, and her tea companion was not one that came up. She doubted whether Amy knew the name of her greatgrandfather.
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Memorial (Invite)   Meeting at the Memorial (Invite) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 6:34 am

Amy frowned. "I'm honestly not sure!" she murmured, tapping her hoof on the table as she thought. "Well, I'm pretty sure that my mother is of old blood, but my father is of new blood. He was a unicorn who built up his own fortune. Would that make me a new blood or an old blood?" she thought a loud, the last question somewhat directed at Elegance. She placed her now empty cup on the ground, and as she glanced back up, her attention was drawn by a frangipani tree which she quickly drew into bloom.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Memorial (Invite)   Meeting at the Memorial (Invite) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 8:22 pm

"Fortune may favour a fool, but fate forgets in the fullness of time," Elegance mused, "Self made souls shine bright yet seldomly stand the steady march of the generations." She then turned a stern gaze to Amy. "Most probably new blood, Ms Cerise. The alternative would have no question about who they were."

Never forget your past. If you know where you come from, you can know where you're going. If you know where you're going, you can know where you are. Know where you are - know who you are - know how to be better.

Semper cogitemus nos semper excolamus.

"Pretty," she commented as she observed the flower, "But despite its prettiness, flowers don't last that long, do they?"
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Memorial (Invite)   Meeting at the Memorial (Invite) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 3:00 am

Amy smiled happily. "Well, I don't mind, Nobility is all past me now anyway." she remarked, resting her head on her hoof. Her gaze drifting back to the flower, she shrugged. "I guess they don't. But doesn't that just add to that splendor? The work to thrive, before residing again and beginning all over once more." she murmured dreamily, picking one with her magic and pulling it towards her before gently placing it in her palm.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Memorial (Invite)   Meeting at the Memorial (Invite) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 10:45 pm

"I suppose," Elegance shrugged noncomittally, not wanting to start an uneeded argument, "If you look at it that way. But a flower by itself doesn't mean much at all, unless you look at it's function and purpose. It doesn't inherently carry any more meaning than that, besides the bits we apply to it."

She could vaguely recall something bout the language of flowers in her symbolism classes, but she'd never really cared to remember the particlars. Flowers lived and died too quickly for Elegance's taste. Trees were better. They had a great many years of depth for their splendour.

"A past, the past..." Elegance began slowly, "is so important, though. It's where all our triumphs and failures are, and in the end, it will be all that remains of us. I do not think it wise to dimiss it so easily like that."
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Memorial (Invite)   Meeting at the Memorial (Invite) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 3:03 am

Amy nodded thoughtfully. "When you put it like that, I guess so. But... I don't mean that I'm going to give it all up. I just mean that it... It's not something I really think about or even dwell upon anymore..." she mumbled sadly, her eyes growing a tad misty before she blinked it away. "When sad things happen, it's best not to wallow in it. Moving on is easier."
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Memorial (Invite)   Meeting at the Memorial (Invite) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 2:46 am

"Easy doesn't mean right," Elegance said harshly, "Wrongs must be righted, no matter how painful the process must be. All of us have an obligation."

She sighed. "Forgive me. I don't mean to lecture. But these things I feel strongly about, so it's hard for me not to."

Elegance fell into silence after that, staring into her teacup, as though reading what a possible future might hold.
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123

MiniKirby123

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Memorial (Invite)   Meeting at the Memorial (Invite) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 2:53 am

Amy nodded sadly, placing her now empty cup on the waiter's tray as the stallion passed by. "I guess you're right... I'll take that into account. Who knows? Maybe it is better." she smiled, standing up as she dusted off the seat she was sitting on. "Well, it's been nice meeting you Elegance, but I really should be getting home." she said, glancing outside to the now rapidly darkening sky. "I don't want to have to wander out there in the dark."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting at the Memorial (Invite)   Meeting at the Memorial (Invite) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meeting at the Memorial (Invite)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2