My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New update to rules! READ!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

New update to rules! READ! Empty
PostSubject: New update to rules! READ!   New update to rules! READ! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 5:27 am

After a lot of debate and consideration, we are revising our rules. Many other pony role play forums have gotten a fair bit more traffic due to being more open and flexible with the member base desires to play out the show in their own way using their own creativity.

Our forum, until now, has been very restrictive. As such, by majority decision, we have decided to make several changes.

-Canon characters are now playable. We will be doing a mix of assigning these characters as well as offering others up for grabs on a first come first serve basis. Some members may be due to a limited promotion to moderator also depending on what pony they get. Please note that shipping said characters must be approved first.

-Alicorns will be playable after having 4 approved characters. With more characters and locations opening up, more important ones are needed to play bigger roles and keep things interesting on the larger scale. Once a member has clearly contributed enough and has enough characters, they will be granted access to Alicorns. Since Alicorns have proven to be of royalty only, you will need to talk to an administrator about what region your pony will reside over.

-Less restrictions on magic use. As everyone knows, unicorns have been getting the short stick with all the criticisms for how easy a new poster could abuse their magic. With a lot of talk among the mods and admins, we have decided to greatly lessen the implied limitations on them to allow unicorns to stand out a little more and break free from the prejudice against them. The increase in moderators we will be recruiting will ensure that we can monitor any potential major violations in magic beyond normal.

-Premium membership. Due to our likely increase in traffic and growing need for more staff, we will be offering a premium level membership where members can offer to pay a small fee of 5 dollars a month (currency rates for other countries to come) in exchange for special privileges. These privileges include instant access to Alicorns, a free avatar for each of your characters made by our own staff, and Administrative rank. This will allow contributing members to play a greater role in developing our growing site for the better.

Please leave your feedback below, and try to be civil about who gets what canon ponies.

PS- Dibs on Derpy.
Back to top Go down
Callilian

Callilian

PostSubject: Re: New update to rules! READ!   New update to rules! READ! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 2:27 pm

O.o this is an April Fools Day prank, isn't it....

Well, if it isn't, here's my feedback. If it is, this is what I hope you consider for the future.

Well. I just want to say that, well, Alicorns could prove to be a disaster, with new power play and such. I always feel sad when sites start wanting you to pay for extra stuff, and this is now slightly upsetting me... And now, I guess 1nc won't be making my next character, if it's only for premium members... Sigh.

How will canon characters be assigned? Can they be rotated out, so ponies may be able to have a go at them? Because, this might seem unfair to the ponies who were unable to try and get a character. I actually like the restrictions, but...

The unicorn one is one I don't have any problems with. That seems okay.

But what happens if we get somepony who wants to be an admin, pays for it, and turns out to be terrible for the job?

Just some questions I have.
Back to top Go down
1ncnspcuous
Procedures Administrator
1ncnspcuous

PostSubject: Re: New update to rules! READ!   New update to rules! READ! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 4:47 pm

Hello. ^^

We understand your concerns. However, with such nominal contributions, we are enabled to provide our members with a significantly greater experience. Therefore, we have unanimously decided that the premium membership is the best option to pursue. As much as 100% of our profits will go into forum improvement, so rest assured that all payments will be utilized to their fullest extent.

Essential canon characters (The Mane 6, The CMC, Derpy) will be delegated according to a raffle, for which we will distribute tickets. Other canon characters can be claimed on a first-come-first-serve basis at the beginning of each week (12 AM EST).

The last question speaks to a quandary contemplated by the best and brightest minds of our race since medieval times. We have concluded, and I'm sure that you will agree, that the financial status of the individual invariably correlates with his or her competence as an administrator; given that the most prosperous are, without question, the most educated.

Thank you for the questions! I think you'll enjoy these changes.

Happy obeying,
1nc
Back to top Go down
Callilian

Callilian

PostSubject: Re: New update to rules! READ!   New update to rules! READ! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 5:05 pm

lol I love you guys.
Back to top Go down
Rosey Bubbles

Rosey Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: New update to rules! READ!   New update to rules! READ! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 6:48 pm

OMG ALICORNS :D:D
YOU HAVE ANSWERED MY PRAYERS XD
Back to top Go down
Cloudburst7

Cloudburst7

PostSubject: Re: New update to rules! READ!   New update to rules! READ! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 12:29 am

Administrative Status? That really hits a nerve, saying someone can pay for a rank on this site.

I really do hope that I'm reading this incorrectly, because that would imply that a new member with mommy's credit card can waltz in here and scoop up being an admin; then subsequently ruin everyone else's day, should their whim dictate it.

If you're adamant about giving someone administrator status for them paying you five dollars a month, I recommend at the very least refrain from giving that new... status, to members unless it is well known they contribute, and are to some extent, productive.

My feelings are tepid about the whole "people can be canon now" stuff, as I've never really cared about that rule; I've preferred to make my own characters regardless.

Alicorns, meh. Whatever you guys think you should do. However, I think it should be possible to make an Alicorn that isn't instantly ruling over somewhere. It's not like it's impossible, there are always exceptions and special cases. I personally think you should stay open about that. I mean, that seems like it could be a real hamper on people's creativity.

"Oh boy, I can make an alicorn now! But I don't want him to be pretentious or overly flashy... I know, I'll make him be someone who doesn't want anyone to know he's an alicorn because <insert reason here>, and he hides his wings and stuff! Man, this could really be interesting down the road when friends find out his little secret!" Nope sorry, royalty only.

However, I'm supportive of you lessening restrictions on magic use. It's good to let the unicorns shine and do what they do best; use magic! If you're still terrified of people becoming overpowered, you could have their character's magical prowess increase with however long it's been around? I'm just tossing out ideas at this point--make with it what you will.
Back to top Go down
1ncnspcuous
Procedures Administrator
1ncnspcuous

PostSubject: Re: New update to rules! READ!   New update to rules! READ! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 1:26 am

I hope you guys enjoyed our stab at a friendly April Fools joke. ^^
Back to top Go down
Korenav
Team Coordinator
Korenav

PostSubject: Re: New update to rules! READ!   New update to rules! READ! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 1:27 am

April Fools!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New update to rules! READ!   New update to rules! READ! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New update to rules! READ!
Page 1 of 1