My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Journey

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mcewanman

mcewanman

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: The Journey   The Journey I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 9:15 pm

Scholar James was in his study. He had a bag slung over his neck, and was packing other things in smaller pouches he could carry on his pony. His long white robes showed him as an exploration scholar, a pony sent to far off lands to gather information.

He was hastily grabbing scrolls- translations, maps, that sort of thing. A series of papers were strewn across a table, with constellations, symbols, and a myriad of texts used in James' line of work. One of these was a letter. It read;

'James the Scholar of Trottingham, you are ordered by the king to travel to the location shown on a map enclosed. There, you shall gather information on the culture, religion and fate of the civilisation that once lived there. Of course, you are a scholar and not exactly apt at the arts of fighting and survival, so a party has been arranged for you- a warrior, a Mage and an archer. They will protect you on your journey. Consider them equals- no leaders like last time. Meet them at the gates of your town today at 10:30am. They will help you further. Yours sincerely, Written Scroll of canterlot.'

James had all he needed. He glanced at the sun, and gauged it was around quarter past ten. Plenty of time. He left his home, locked the door and notified the guards of his absence. He took 10 minutes to get to the gates of town. He waited there, eyes peeled for his party.
Back to top Go down
Vastile

Vastile

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 9:35 pm

Vastile was sitting on a high wall, next to the gate's of Trottingham. Soon his charge would arrive... as well as the other members, and they would continue on.

He let his head lean on the top of the slope, above the gate. Sweet, dulcet melodies fell like rain around where he sat, playing his Trumpet. He always could play a tune or two and when he combined his music with his magic, amazing things could happen.

Though, in the mean time, no magic was to be used. He would have his chance, he was sure of it.

He held the instrument away from his mouth, as he noticed one or more shadows making their way towards the gate. He placed the horn to his lips, once more, and began to play a tune of pure adventure and welcome.

A call to arms and good times.

He raised his voice and projected the words from the piece, where they were to be placed, "To all who come from lands unknown, to find a place just the same!" Two trumpet tones "I call to you, the brave and the few, to travel once again!" Two trumpet tones.

This could get interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://Vastile.Deviantart.com
Wild Card

Wild Card

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 10:01 pm

Recurve's morning today was like most. Got up at the crack of dawn, put on some light armor, shot some arrows, and drank some cider. Only difference was he was assigned a task today to help some scholar find some ancient ruins. Recurve couldn't care for any of that. But he was paid a lump sum of bits just for accepting. And he could possibly find relics and artifacts that could be worth even more

He made his way to Trottingham, quite a ways away from his house in Ponyville. But he needed the money. He could have taken the money he was given at the start and ran off, but he would risk being executed or torture. That certainly isn't fun.

He saw a Unicorn playing his trumpet by the town gate. His music wasn't bad, but that didn't mean Recurve liked him. He approached him, put a hood on and waited with him for the scholar. He fiddled with his bow and counted his arrows while he waited. He managed to fit around 50 arrows into his quiver. He took a few practice shots at a lonesome tree. He did need preparation for the journey. He wasn't the greatest archer in Equestria for nothing. Or he thought he was. He was certainly up there though
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 6:22 pm

Amber rushed towards the gates of Trottingham. Her armour and weapons made quite a racket as she ran. Breathing heavily, she cursed her luck and accidentally slept in. "What a start. Here I was thinking of showing up early." She though as she made it to the entrance of the town.

The other ponies were already there. She quickly eyed them all up. They seemed like a friendly bunch, but considering what they were about to do, not a bunch to be trifled with. She walked up to the group with a smile on her face. "Sorry I'm late!" She said.
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 6:00 am

James observed his party. The grey unicorn playing the trumpet looked jolly enough. Sitting on a wall playing a trumpet didn't exactly cast you as the blue crystal pony with the bow. He seemed a bit moody. Still, moody ponies are usually focused, so at least he had a sort of leader-esque pony to take charge when need be. Finally, the other crystal pony, a mare with a red....coat? Skin? James had no idea what to call their bodies. She had an orange mane and a lot of weapons on her. Well, this must be a rather serious adventure. Still might get a laugh off it. He turned to the unicorn playing the trumpet.

"Ah, I recognise that piece. Heard it in a few pubs. My name is James the scholar, though some of my friends call me Jim for some reason. Now, have you been told what we're here to do, or had the king just told you all to meet here? Then again I suppose a recap is in order anyway."

James held the map out to the ponies. He indicated the place they were headed.

"This is the ruins of the ancient civilisation of the Perecta. They disappeared thousands of years ago, if the ancient texts are anything to go by. We intend to travel there and look through the caves and ruins left behind. We could learn a lot from them."

He looked back to the warrior pony.

"Nothing wrong with being late my friend- no rush."

(And you do not know how hard it was to type "Unicorn playing the trumpet" with a straight face.)
Back to top Go down
Vastile

Vastile

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 8:59 pm

(I am an amazing person, my dear MC.)

Vastile smiled, but behind his glasses his eyes became sharp and dark. He always got this look, when he was analyzing something, but thanks to his glasses, this change usually goes unnoticed.

"I thought as much... He told me we would be traveling within that area, based on the party configuration and the fact that you would be our charge, I put the pieces together... I just hope that we don't hit any of the dangers, common on the trail and even more common in this time of year." Vastile arranged the data in his mind and put it away for now, his eyes returning to a more normal appearance. ~Very Well...~

Vastile did a back flip from the wall and landed in front of James. "Well, Jim... Nice to meet you! and you others as well." Vastile would try not reveal all of his intelligence and tricks before he needed to, that elusiveness was part of the reason he was hired often for important jobs.

"I would suggest our warrior friend take the front, You Jim shall follow, I behind you, and our rash Archer to the rear." He didn't press this, but he knew it was the smartest order for the trail, allowing for many contingency plans to be enacted quickly.

~This will be interesting... and I'll keep us all safe.~
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:27 pm

Recurve looked at his party. A scholar, a mage, a warrior, and himself, an archer. What a wonderful group. And the warrior was another Crystal Pony. At least he wasn't left out in that department. On to James's question: Recurve received no prior information to this quest.

"I was not told very much. I was handed a bag of gold and told to appear in front of the Trottingham gates and wait for... I guess the three of you"

Recurve listened to Vastile's plan. A rash archer, huh? Well, he's been called worse. At least he knew what he was doing. Recurve waited for the other three to be ready before they all ran off looking for who knows what

Last edited by Brawny Hooves on Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Damn typos...)
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 2:35 am

Amber listened to the plan. "Well, I see, you have the fair and pretty mare go first to deal with all the scary things for the brave tough stallions." she said, then laughed. "I think that is a good idea. Have the one who knows how to fight go first."

"Well, I hope you all know what you are doing. This might not be the safest journey." Unlike the rash archer, she was given information on the mission. "So, I see we are all here. Shall we all head out?"
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 7:31 pm

"Yup. Lets go."
So, James had a good team. He observed each one- he'd learned to observe anypony he met just in case. The Unicorn seemed fun- he was supposed to be the Mage but he hasn't cast a single spell yet. Of the Mages James had met, they enjoyed showing off a bit of what they could do. A bit of a laugh really. But then again, this town was rather old-fashioned, and many still distrusted Mages. It was a real shame- mages were generally decent folk.

The crystal mare seemed amable enough, if a little brash. She seemed of the sort to make a more sarcastic joke, rather than the more jolly ones the unicorn made. James supposed you needed a bit of cynicism. Finally, the crystal stallion. Ah, now James had heard of that one. Very good bowman- one if the best. King would have had to pay a pretty penny for his services. Not much of a talker though.

As they trotted down the path on the map, Janes decided to strike up conversation. No journey should be dull.

"So, what do you ponies when you don't have a client?"
Back to top Go down
Vastile

Vastile

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 7:55 pm

"Well, I myself go a travelling, putting on musical shows, with a little help from my magic." Vastile was still keeping the nature of his magic silent, until he needed to use it.

"Using my instruments, writings, and good humor, I find plenty of good company and good drink on my down time. These kind of jobs aren't all that I do, however. I am also a fairly smart Unicorn, I help the higher ups in the magical fields with research and development of new magics, the most recent of which, I hope to solve the problem of roaming the dangerous roads, unarmed."

Vastile was respected within the field, but tried not to divulge too much, letting it seem that he said too much, while not saying much at all, was a strategy Vastile learned would keep questions to a minimum.

"I also like to play games, so you may find me in a card game or perhaps in some form of contest."
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 3:12 pm

Recurve trotted behind the other three ponies, as Vastile said it would be best to go. James tried to start a conversation. Oh how Recurve hated those. And he was asking what they each did when they weren't working. That's one subject Recurve never felt like answering.

"None of your business..."

That was all he said to the ponies for a while. He was never a talker. When you're a mercenary, it's mostly just business. He kept watch, always ready to whip out the bow and kill anything that seemed like a threat. Or if he just wanted to kill something. Whichever came first
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 5:39 pm

Amber was slightly put off by Recurve's attitude. What a way to make a good impression for their kind. It kind of made her want to smack him. But she restrained herself and decided to join the conversation.

"Well, I am a champion jouster!" Said Amber, puffing out her chest. "So I joust in my free time, or I practice jousting. When I'm not doing that, I enjoy games or any form of competition." She said, smiling.
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 6:52 am

Jim listened to all their answers, weighing up their personalities. Vastille seemed nice, Recurve was rather rude. To a scholar? James wasn't even sure if that was allowed. Still, no leader as the letter said, so he let it slide. Amber seemed good- shr seemed nicer than James had anticipated. A positive change is always welcome.

"You all sound like a lot of fun. Well you two anyway, not naming any names. It's really nice to meet you all. I don't have a lot of free time myself, but I enjoy a drink and a card game when I get the oppurtunity."

Jim kept walking down the path. He pulled out the map, studying it. Then again he was just following amber. If she moved in the wrong direction while in a misty bit she'd probably be lost, and a warrior isn't exactly expendable.

"Hey amber, I think it would be best if you carried the map- you're the one in front."

He passed the map to amber, smiling at his decent planning.
Back to top Go down
Vastile

Vastile

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 1:28 pm

"Hold the map, Amber, but remain vigilant. Passes, such as these, can be dangerous. Natural troubles, as well as ambushes, traps, and highwaymen, have been known to prowl upon groups, showing the slightest bit of wealth."

Vastile said all of this with a cheerful tome, as if he were explaining a card game to a close friend.

"I can help with the fog, but any tripwires or pits are your problem, deary."

Vastile's horn glowed a dull silver and what seemed like a light breeze circled the party. The area around the crew cleared and a ball of white hovered by Vastile.

"I love making these little things." Vastile took the fog ball and bounced it about as they traveled.

Vastile divided the ball into multiple fog balls and formed them into different shapes. A butterfly hovered to Amber, a little flying machine to Jim, a dragon to Recurve, and Vastile kept a little ball of gas, but gave it wings.

Vastile laughed a bit and said in a high pitched voice, "Hey, Listen!", bobbing the little gas fairy, making it turn green, blue, and white.
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 6:16 pm

Recurve watched the ponies give him disgusted looks. Not uncommon. It was quite humorous as well. They certainly didn't have much of a liking to him, but they needed him. And he was making money. So what could his problem be? Maybe saying none of your business wasn't the best way to win a group over. He wasn't all that interesting anyway. All he did was shoot ponies and animals for money and drink a bit of Cider every now and again.

Recurve looked over and saw a little dragon floating next to his head. He had no idea what these things were supposed to do, or be. He wanted to kill it. And a little bit his compadres too. He was just itching to shoot something right now

"What the hay is this, why is it floating next to me, and why do I need it?"
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 6:38 pm

Amber found it difficult to carry her weapons, carry the map, and walk at the same time. "What I would give for a horn right now." She said, fumbling with her things. She eventually put her lance in her mouth so she could walk and carry the map at the same time.

Amber looked at the little butterfly hovering near her face. Her eyes widened a bit at it. "Wha is this?" She asked, trying to speak through her lance. She swatted at the butterfly with her nose.
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 10:46 am

Jim caught the butterfly in his hoof.
"Ah, Draconus Floataficus. Perfectly harmless, so long as they aren't in groups. Then they get dangerous. One swarm ate me grandad. The mad old git had it coming when he started farming the damn things. Still, we better keep on guard. These things live in nests, so there's probably more nearby."

Jim looked ahead, at the mountain pass they'd need to pass through on the way. He kept an eye out for crevices in the wall- that was where the nests usually where. He took a portable staff out of his saddlebag and started poking in the holes. He found what he was looking for- a firecomb.

"Now, Gentlecolts. This is a firecomb. Sign we have a nest up ahead. Should we go around the nest through that cave there-" he pointed to the tunnel with his hoof. "-or should we try our luck at climbing the hill, with the possibility of getting savaged by these little monsters?"
Back to top Go down
Vastile

Vastile

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 2:20 pm

"The Purpose of these little apparitions, is purely recreation. I get to try my trade, you get a little friend for a moment. Either way, this distraction is good for the focus of missions such as these. One who is too focused, runs the danger of over correcting things and becoming... dangerous."

Vastile made the little figures hover close to the ground and froze them solid. A little fun.

Vastile paused behind Jim, as he spoke on their options of travel.

"Well... I've never been on for... enclosed spaces and Caves are dangerous... I say we climb, I can help with the climb and also attack and detect any hostile creatures." ~I'm too tall for that damned little tunnel anyway...~
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 2:31 pm

Recurve at the little dragon floating next to him? So it really did nothing but distract them? At least he got something cool, and a scourge of ponykind. Just like him. Then it floated to the ground and froze solid. He wondered if he stomped it it would shatter. Then Jim interrupted about where and how to travel. He couldn't believe it, but he agreed with Vastile

"I doubt tight spaces will be very good for us. Mostly for me. If I'm cramped, I can't shoot anything. I say we climb."

Recurve would have loved to see the others get eaten by whatever James was talking about. For his own protection, not like it would help, he fastened his armor and equipped his bow. Then he put on his hood, because it looked cool
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 11:56 pm

Amber looked at the others. "Well it does not matter what I say, becase it seems it that I am outvoted. So I guess we climb!." She said, still stumbling and struggling to hold everything. "I would appreciate if another pony held the map. I need all of my balance if we are going to be climbing." She said, offering the map to the group.
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 8:17 pm

James took the map again.

"Fine. I suppose with all these weapons it's a little difficult to move even without the map."

He followed them up the mountain. It was a long way down, and James nearly slipped at one point. He managed to save it though. He had to admit that the view was spectacular- you could see the mountains stretching for miles, with the fog looking like a big fluffy pillow beneath them. The Blue sky rolled overhead and the strong breeze blew in James' mane. He was enjoying himself already.

A noise. A sort of little screech. Jim looked around- nothing. Must have been his imagination. He still took out his cross just in case. If anything tried to attack him he'd lamp it with the big lump of stone. He looked at the others, all with weapons. If anything attacked them, Jim would be safe as a house.

Which was a good thing too, as colossal wings blotted out the Sun for a moment, before a swarm of harpies made their prescience known and descended upon the group, spears in hand.
Back to top Go down
Vastile

Vastile

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 12:21 am

Vastile saw the Harpies, descending with great speed.

"All! Back to Back. If we separate, it'll make it all the more difficult for these horrid guests to carry us off."

Vastile looked around for something to use... some bushes... a few dead trees... the others.
~ I won't use the others ~

"Damn... What are Harpies vulnerable to? Oh!" Vastile remembered an old song he used to sing in the Taverns, near seas.

"Okay, you guys might not believe me, but Harpies are afraid of brass! Recurve if you have Brass tipped arrows, use them. If any of you have brass, get it out! And... in my case..."

Vastile popped open his instrument case, his trumpet flying in front of him.

"I have this."

Vastile let out a belting note, pointing straight to the sky.

"That'll get their attention"
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 1:17 am

Recurve saw a swarm of Harpies approaching. He hasn't dealt with many of these before. At least Vastile knew their weakness. Recurve didn't have many brass tipped arrows, so had to make each shot count. He loaded his bow while Vastile got their attention with his trumpet.

"Guess it was a good idea to bring that thing along."

Recurve pulled back the first arrow, and shot the first Harpie square in the head. Beautiful shot. He loaded his next arrow and shot another. He felt like he was being greedy. He slowed down a bit, letting the others get a few shots in. Didn't want to steal the show. That seemed more like Vastile's deal
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 4:37 pm

Amber Flash did not bring any brass, personally finding the metal weak compared to her tempered steel. Instead she brandished he lance, jabbing it at the fast moving harpies when they came close enough. They may hate brass, but Amber was pretty sure they do not like a steel tip piercing their breasts.
Back to top Go down
mcewanman

mcewanman

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 4:55 pm

Jim stayed next to Amber. He felt that in a fight against flying monsters it was best to stay close to the one with the best weapons. Of course the rest of the party were holding their own admirably, with Recurve's precision arrow shots nailing harpy after harpy in the head. Jim made a mental note not to get on his bad side. Or rather his really bad side, since he didn't seem to have much of a good side anyway.

He backed away a little from amber- he realised that she might take his head off, considering she was swinging around very sharp bits of metal. He noticed that one smaller harpy was sneaking behind Recurve. James didn't have time to warn him, so he just lamped it with his crucifix. The harpy turned to him and growled- it pounced on him!

He rolled on the ground with the harpy. It kept trying to slash at him with it's claws- the thing may be small but James was damned of it wasn't pointy. He was using up most of his strength pushing it away. However, he managed to get a quick opening and smacked it in the face with his hoof. It snarled at him again, but before it could even finish making the sound James started hammering it with the crucifix. It was pretty brutal and James had to be quick, but eventually he had beaten it to death. James took out a miniature cross and stabbed it into the harpy's chest. He knelt onto it and gripped the cross.

"Sweet, merciful Kyne. Guide this creature to it's rightful home in your natural kingdom, as it truly was only defending itself. May I be forgiven for taking its life in my own defense."

He stood up, bowed to the corpse and went back to the rest of the party.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Journey
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next