My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A walk with a new friend

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OneUnknownEnigma

OneUnknownEnigma

Location : Drinking tea in a garden under the green umbrella trees in the middle of summer.

A walk with a new friend Empty
PostSubject: A walk with a new friend   A walk with a new friend I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 6:44 am

After bidding their enthusiastic friend goodbye, Bright Eyes and Knick Knack stood for a moment in the Ponyville street, watching the bubbly comings and goings of the little but exceptionally friendly town.
"Well," Knick Knack said eventually. "It's been quite some time since I've had a welcome like that. That good luck charm I picked up on the Unicorn Range must be working." She turned to the blue, bespectacled mare with a smile. "I'm glad that our paths have crossed, Bright Eyes. "
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: A walk with a new friend   A walk with a new friend I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 6:43 pm

A happy smile was spread prominently across the lips of the azure blue unicorn. She had said goodbye to Doodle Bug, still hopeful that she would meet the energetic Pegasus again someday soon. Her attention turned to Knick Knack as she spoke. Resisting the urge to blush, Bright Eyes nodded in reply. "Yes, I feel the same." Her attempt to keep the blushing away faltered then, and her head dipped shyly. All around, the sounds of laughter and joy were in abundance around the peaceful little town.

"If you're not in a great hurry to return to the road with your wagon and wares, I would still be most interested in seeing some of your found treasures, Nicky."
Back to top Go down
OneUnknownEnigma

OneUnknownEnigma

Location : Drinking tea in a garden under the green umbrella trees in the middle of summer.

PostSubject: Re: A walk with a new friend   A walk with a new friend I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 7:45 pm

"No hurry! Please, I'd love to show you." Knick Knack could not help the beam that spread out across her face at the mention of her found 'treasures'. "It's back the way we came, I'm afraid, but I'll take the chance a travelling pony like you isn't one to turn her nose up at a walk." She turned towards the edge of town and looked back for Bright Eyes to follow her as she continued, "I would have parked closer to town, of course, but I couldn't be sure how I was going to be received... Quite besides all that, the woods are lovely this time of year."
Back to top Go down
OneUnknownEnigma

OneUnknownEnigma

PostSubject: Re: A walk with a new friend   A walk with a new friend I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2016 10:00 am

((Bumping this topic just in case, but I know you've been busy Bright Eyes, so no rush...))
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: A walk with a new friend   A walk with a new friend I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2016 12:52 am

((Sorry hon!  It's been a rough week, but I haven't forgotten <3))

As Knick Knack beamed, Bright Eyes could not help but mirror her expression.  "Then I shall follow you."  It brought the pale azure unicorn mare such joy to see others so happy and passionate about the things they loved.  Her hooves carried her to the other mare's side, her gait matching her new friend's as they made their way back out of town.  Bright Eyes glanced about at all the content ponies going about their daily business, remembering a time she had almost settled down there herself.  But the life of a traveler had beckoned her away from a house and a job that kept her occupied.   "Hm?  Have you been ill-received in other towns?"  Her head tilted curiously as she looked over to Knick Knack, naturally assuming the other unicorn's pace.
Back to top Go down
OneUnknownEnigma

OneUnknownEnigma

PostSubject: Re: A walk with a new friend   A walk with a new friend I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2016 10:15 am

Knick made a 'hmm' sound as she tilted her head, reminiscing on how several years of travelling could make a pony rather more careful. "Well," she began dramatically, "It really depends where you go. I've had all sorts. Theft, mockery." She laughed once, quietly, and returned to her normal tone. "But it's more I need to scope out... well I don't like to call it competition, except that that's what it is. Sometimes there's a bustling market scene in little towns like this and it can be awfully embarrassing to arrive without a permit and discover that there's no room for you anywhere on the street."
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: A walk with a new friend   A walk with a new friend I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2016 4:52 pm

Bright Eyes' wildly active imagination had assumed the worse - that other ponies were distrustful of one who traveled with a wagon, selling their wares and seldom staying in one place for long.  She knew how some ponies could be.  Her expression was thoughtful.  "I imagine that is very frustrating.  How long have you been collecting and selling?"

As the sounds of Ponyville faded away behind them, Bright Eyes sighed a quiet sigh of relief.  As much as she loved other ponies in general, she loved the serenity of the woods.  A random thought occurred to her, and her filter failed to keep it to herself.  "Wouldn't this be a lovely place to live?  I can't imagine I'll be settling in the near future, but it's so... comforting here.  If that makes sense," she added with a sheepish chuckle.
Back to top Go down
OneUnknownEnigma

OneUnknownEnigma

PostSubject: Re: A walk with a new friend   A walk with a new friend I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2016 8:29 pm

"I've been down this metaphorical path for a long while now – as soon as I was old enough to travel I knew that's where my destiny would take me. Equestria has so much to offer a strong pony who doesn't mind the walking! The residual magic all over is so ridiculous, I can't believe there aren't more ponies working on repairs... but I guess if there were I'd be out of a job." She grinned as they drew closer to the pleasant woods. "I suppose it is rather calming. I'll never stop loving the city, but... this area seems welcoming. Peaceful. I know what you mean."
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: A walk with a new friend   A walk with a new friend I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2016 9:01 pm

It was exciting to hear another pony speaking Bright's mind - always knowing she was meant to wander rather than settle at a young age, how the walking really wasn't so bad once a pony got used to it, and the residual magic - Bright Eyes couldn't suppress a happy sigh to have found someone so like-minded, though their specific interests were clearly different. Then she asked a question that she wasn't sure where it came from. "Do you suppose you will ever see fit to settle down?"
Back to top Go down
OneUnknownEnigma

OneUnknownEnigma

PostSubject: Re: A walk with a new friend   A walk with a new friend I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2016 9:48 pm

Knick paused, and a rare quiet fell over her. "I... really don't know," she said thoughtfully. "I mean I hope someday I'll find somepony – or, uh, someplace – that really compels me to stay, but for now there's just too much.... stuff.... out there. Wonderlust has me in it's grip, that's for sure. Yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: A walk with a new friend   A walk with a new friend I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2016 9:54 pm

Bright Eyes was not entirely sure what possessed her to ask, or why the thought had popped into her head at all.  Other than the time she had strongly considered moving to Ponyville (which ultimately hadn't happened), she'd never given it much serious thought.  She nodded along to Knick's words; against, the collector pony could have been speaking for them both.  "I know what you mean," she said after a momentary pause.  "But there are times when I just feel... tired."  She admitted.  "I do occasionally wonder what it would be like to settle down, though.  A part of me is tempted, but the rest of me fears growing bored with a routine."
Back to top Go down
OneUnknownEnigma

OneUnknownEnigma

PostSubject: Re: A walk with a new friend   A walk with a new friend I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 1:17 am

Knick Knack heard her own thinking echoed in the voice of the young mare. There were times when the novelty of... well... novelties wore off and she did just feel... "Tired. I can relate." She glanced up at the sun, which was dipping in the sky. It would be setting in a little while – not yet, but soon. "But for now," she said, "We have our freedom." She glanced sideways at her friend and offered her another wry smile. "It's this way, up ahead." As she spoke, Knick Knack began to veer a little ways off the path.
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: A walk with a new friend   A walk with a new friend I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 11:36 pm

It was always a comfort to encounter like-minded ponies. Bright Eyes couldn't keep from smiling as she repeated the word. "Yes. Freedom." She thought of an old phrase she had heard, or read - Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - but she didn't mention it aloud. She noticed now that dusk would come before long, and her mind temporarily wandered to where she would sleep for the night. But her attention quickly returned to Knick and the purpose of their walk back into the wood. Bright Eyes stepped off the path with renewed curiosity.
Back to top Go down
OneUnknownEnigma

OneUnknownEnigma

PostSubject: Re: A walk with a new friend   A walk with a new friend I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2016 11:20 am

Her caravan was waiting exactly where she had left it – So far, so good – and she managed to find it without a problem. Relief sank over Knick Knack and she felt herself relax, if only a little. It was small, but it was home, and there was always that wariness in the back of her mind about leaving it alone too long. "This is it," she said cheerfully to Bright, as she walked up to the door of the waggon and touched the tip of her glowing horn to the wooden door. Somewhere within, there was the clank of a bolt moving out of the way. Knick pushed the door open and hovered for a moment on the threshold, looking back at Bright Eyes. "Tell me, are you a pony who cares for tea?"

((For a starting description of the inside of the caravan, Knick's is the most recent post in the 'homes' category ^-^))
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: A walk with a new friend   A walk with a new friend I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 12:35 am

As her inner thought process threatened to consume the blue unicorn, the mares came upon the caravan.  It looked smaller than Bright Eyes had envisioned, but the little wagon was more than it appeared to be.  When the door was opened, there were more objects within it than Bright could even begin to count.  Behind her glasses, her eyes widened with wonder.  Her attention was drawn first to the books, many as old as the ones Bright had adored in when she was a filly.  She scooted closer to get a better look.  "These are priceless.  There are titles here that I have never even heard of.  And I've read a lot of books," she said with a laugh.  One of the many reasons for her moniker.  "How did you ever manage to find them all?"

At the mention of tea, Bright's ears perked forward considerably and she looked away from Knick's treasures to the kind mare. "Oh, yes!  Very much so." She smiled at thoughts of countless memories of sitting for tea with her parents when she was very young, learning to use her magic to drink, eat, and all of the other perks that accompanied being a unicorn.  Mentally, she made a note to visit her parents again in the coming weeks. It had been far too long.

((I loved your description!  Very detailed and thoughtful))
Back to top Go down
OneUnknownEnigma

OneUnknownEnigma

PostSubject: Re: A walk with a new friend   A walk with a new friend I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2016 11:14 pm

((Thank you!))

"Oh, here and there," Knick said breezily, as her horn lit up and a teapot started whistling from a shelf somewhere. Teacups and saucers gathered themselves up and stood to attention as she set about clearing a space on the rug in the centre of the room for them to sit. "Many books are priceless because the copies have been lost, or destroyed, or stolen. When I find them, they're usually in no condition for anypony to pass them on... to most. I do a lot of restorations. Ruins have been particularly interesting for book collection. Sugar?" The last question was addressed to Bright Eyes in the same tone as the rest of the explanation as Knick and the teapot paused for confirmation.
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: A walk with a new friend   A walk with a new friend I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 8:15 pm

She could barely tear her eyes away from the books - but that was only half the room.  As Knick Knack spoke, her tea set drifted from above, drawing Bright's attention to the collectables and rarities waiting on the shelves - more than trinkets, they were instead like little artifacts of the adventures the traveler had.

Her gaze returned to Knick and she nodded eagerly.  "Yes, sugar would be wonderful.  You know, Knick Knack, you could start a library someday.  Or a museum," she remarked, still transfixed and resisting the urge to poke through the relics, or start hoofing through some of the old books. "What sort of ponies are your customers?"
Back to top Go down
OneUnknownEnigma

OneUnknownEnigma

PostSubject: Re: A walk with a new friend   A walk with a new friend I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2016 4:48 am

The tea froze halfway on to Bright Eyes. "A museum..." Knick Knack blinked, slowly, staring into space for a moment as a smile broke out over her face. "You know, Bright Eyes, you're a very clever mare, if I do say so myself. I'd never considered... hmmm... Well, someday I just might." She turned back to the blue pony as their two cups floated over and rested in front of them. "My customers? Oh, I get all sorts," she continued. "Gift-buyers, traders, collectors like myself... a few academics, but usually I have to go to them. It depends on the stock... do you see anything you're interested in?"
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: A walk with a new friend   A walk with a new friend I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2016 7:59 pm

She smiled in gratitude when the tea cup floated to the empty table space before Bright Eyes, who wasted no time sipping the hot liquid as Knick Knack spoke..  "You're very kind, and your collection is amazing.  I know lots of ponies who would be interested.  Well, I'm interested, anyway.  I'm sure there are others that would be, as well."  Her focus had drifted back to an impressive stack of old books, each with its title facing toward them.  "I was surprised to see that you've found The Life and Times of Keptchet the Mad.  I've only read about him in other books about pre-classical era wizardry.  You know today, ponies dispute that he was actually quite ingenious and not mad at all.  Just misunderstood."  Her little rant concluded with a tiny shrug.  "I can't buy anything.  But I can admire it all the same, hm?"
Back to top Go down
OneUnknownEnigma

OneUnknownEnigma

PostSubject: Re: A walk with a new friend   A walk with a new friend I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2016 9:15 pm

"That one was a funny little find actually. Canterlot's library was having a Spring cleaning – I wasn't in town for long, just thought I'd go for the sightseeing – but I got into a chat with one of the library assistants. The books they were axing were going to various places, schools, other (smaller) libraries, but there were some they just couldn't figure out what to do with. Too old, they said, too musty. As I'm sure you've guessed, I don't like to throw things out, so they let me have them for next to nothing. It was a steal." Knick smiled as she remembered, and she levitated the book over and placed it in front of Bright Eyes. "I've read it myself, and though there's a chunk missing out of the early life section, it was fascinating. I don't suppose you'd consider taking it off my hooves?"
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: A walk with a new friend   A walk with a new friend I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2016 12:56 am

She listened to Knick's story with some envy.  It took both luck and skill to find such treasures, and not every pony could (or would care to) read the entire book about Keptchet the Mad.  She was impressed by Knick Knack once more.  "My father keeps an enormous library in Trottingham, and I can tell you he would buy half your collection here and now to add to his books."  When Knick Knack offered the book, Bright looked genuinely surprised, looking between the faded red cover and her pony hostess with a strained expression.  "What?  I couldn't.  I could never repay you."
Back to top Go down
OneUnknownEnigma

OneUnknownEnigma

PostSubject: Re: A walk with a new friend   A walk with a new friend I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2016 3:09 am

"I shall have to visit him sometime. But Bright Eyes..." Knick Knack hesitated. "I don't have many friends. And an afternoon talking to a pony like you is payment enough. Besides, these old books get quite particular. They want what they want, and I'm sure this one will be happiest with you." Knick slid the book further over towards Bright Eyes and smiled.
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: A walk with a new friend   A walk with a new friend I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 2:37 am

"You've been most gracious, Knick Knack.  It's not every day I encounter a pony like you,"
she offered with an assured smile. "For me, it's hard to make and keep friends when I'm seldom in one place for long.  Maybe it's the same for you.  But us wanderers, we have each other.  Our fellow restless hooves."  Unable to turn down the generous offer again, Bright Eyes was excited to have acquired something so precious to her that to others, would be little more than a dusty old book.  "I'll have add it to my own library.  Someday, when I have a place to put it."  She laughed at the thought of a settled future.
Back to top Go down
OneUnknownEnigma

OneUnknownEnigma

PostSubject: Re: A walk with a new friend   A walk with a new friend I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2016 2:57 am

Knick nodded as Bright Eyes spoke about the struggle of making friends when always on the mood. It was usually hard for most ponies to grasp, her desire to move around so often, but she sensed a refreshing understanding in Bright Eyes. She felt certain somehow that the two of them would remain friends, even once they parted ways. She would see Bright Eyes again someday. "I'm sure it will be spectacular," she smiled, ruminating on what a wonderful library this intelligent mare would someday collect for herself. "For now, you could always post it home, if you can't find a way to carry it."
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: A walk with a new friend   A walk with a new friend I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2016 1:30 pm

She ran a hoof gently over the front cover of the book, as softly as if it were a newborn foal. Though Knick Knack hadn't asked for payment, Bright Eyes would long remember her kindness, and should they meet again - as Bright most sincerely hoped would be the case - she would find a way to repay her gift. "I suppose I should go back to Trottingham for a visit soon, in any case. What about you?" Her face was filled with genuine curiosity, as she knew her time with her new friend would likely be coming to an end before long. "Where will you travel to next with your collection?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A walk with a new friend   A walk with a new friend I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A walk with a new friend
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next