My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New in town.... as usual.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

New in town.... as usual. Empty
PostSubject: New in town.... as usual.   New in town.... as usual. I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 1:26 am

Thunderclap trotted into the town square, a smile plastered on his face. Never before had he been in a town with so much life in it. The more ponies he could help, and the more fun he can have. His few possesions rattled around in his saddlebags. He sighed a happy sigh and looked around. A natural advantage to his height was the ability to scan over the crowd and see what is going on. He did not see anything spectacular, only groups of ponies spending time together. He would go and talk to some ponies, but he does not know anypony in town. He would feel awkward interrupting a conversation between close friends. So he stood around, hoping a pony would recognize he was new and welcome him to town.
Back to top Go down
Arpeggio

Arpeggio

PostSubject: Re: New in town.... as usual.   New in town.... as usual. I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 2:28 am

Arpeggio walked through the town square from another direction, humming a tune, when the large blue pegasus caught his eye. "Huh... curious." He walked over, slightly surprised when he found he was about the same size as the newcomer. "I haven't been in town long, but I don't think I've ever seen you around. Are you new? If so, it's a pleasure to meet you. My name's Arpeggio." He extended a hoof to shake.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: New in town.... as usual.   New in town.... as usual. I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 2:38 am

Thunderclap smiled and took the stranger's hoof. "Hello, my name is Thunderclap. I am new in town." He readjusted his saddlebags. "I'm a wanderer, so ya I am new in town." Thunderclap looked around town. "Although," he said, "This town is such a nice place, I may stay here. I kinda like it." He turned to look at Arpeggio, "So what is going on around town? I've never been to a town with so much life, I'm kinda curious."
Back to top Go down
Arpeggio

Arpeggio

PostSubject: Re: New in town.... as usual.   New in town.... as usual. I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 1:16 pm

"Apparently, we've had a lot of new ponies moving in... myself included; I haven't been here for very long. This is pretty normal for this town, apparently; always something to do." He began walking towards the market. "I'm heading to the market to get stuff for lunch if you wanna join me, Thunderclap."
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: New in town.... as usual.   New in town.... as usual. I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 1:52 pm

Thunderclap was slightly surprised. He had just met this Arpeggio guy, and already he was being invited to go do something. "Sure, I'll come along." He said and smiled. He was also surprised that this stranger was not intimidated by his size. Thunderclap is quite large, and he had met very few ponies who were not even slightly intimidated by his size. He trotted after the other Pegasus. "Maybe I should stay here. Know of any safe place where I could roll out my bedroll? I don't have a house in town, and being a wanderer doesn't pay very well. So I sleep under the stars."
Back to top Go down
Arpeggio

Arpeggio

PostSubject: Re: New in town.... as usual.   New in town.... as usual. I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 2:11 pm

Arpeggio wasn't really intimidated by Thunderclap's size as he was surprised by it. Arpeggio himself was quite large, as well; he very rarely saw another pony, save for that one large red pony who worked at that farm, who was about equal with him in that regard.

"Well, the houses aren't terribly expensive... there's space in the park, but we're supposed to have some spring storms the next few days." He thought for a while as they walked. "...Um... actually, if you wouldn't mind, I have a guest room free if you'd like to have a roof over your head for a while." He went over to a stand and began picking out fruits and vegetables. "It'd be no trouble, I promise." He got some spinach, lettuce, and strawberries from the produce stand, then continued walking to another stand.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: New in town.... as usual.   New in town.... as usual. I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 2:55 pm

"Terribly expensive?" Asked Thunderclap, "I have 10 bits to my name. I doubt that would even buy me a shack." Thunderclap smiled. He had not stayed in a house since he left home. Nor had he had much money. He lived off the bounties of the land, and on the rare occasion, the hospitality of strangers. "And I don't really wanna get wet when I sleep, and I can't just clear the clouds away. I bet the plants in the park need the rain."

Thunderclap was taken aback when Arpeggio mentioned his other plan. "Me, stay with you? You just met me and you are offering your house to me?" Thunderclap pondered this a while. He did have intentions to stay in the town. This was his best bet. "OK, I'll take you up on that. I am in your debt." He then stuck out his hoof to shake on the deal.
Back to top Go down
Arpeggio

Arpeggio

PostSubject: Re: New in town.... as usual.   New in town.... as usual. I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 3:03 pm

Arpeggio turned, shaking Thunderclap's hoof. "You don't owe me anything, Thunderclap. I'm happy to help out others and I dislike the idea of anyone having to be out in the weather without a roof over their heads. My parents, back in Cloudsdale, were very open about helping those who needed it."

He smiled kindly at the other pegasus. "It's no trouble to me, I assure you. Can you tell me a bit about yourself? I'm on my way home to make lunch right now." He began walking back home after purchasing a few more fruits.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: New in town.... as usual.   New in town.... as usual. I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 3:17 pm

Thunderclap liked the fact that this new pony liked to help others. They had that in common. Thunderclap knew they would get along well. "Tell you about myself, eh?" He said. "Well I like to help other ponies. Back in my old home town, not many ponies had a lot. So we learned to share everything we had just to help each other. It was hard life, but I loved being in such a tight community."

Thunderclap walked after his new friend. "My cutie mark represents my skills in storm breaking. A lot of pegasi would find it terrifying to fly right into the maw of a storm to clear it away before it causes damage. Not I. In fact, my body and wing size make me perfect for flying in storms." He smiled and looked at Arpeggio. "And tell me a little about yourself."
Back to top Go down
Arpeggio

Arpeggio

PostSubject: Re: New in town.... as usual.   New in town.... as usual. I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 3:30 pm

"Oh... where did you live, Thunderclap? I feel rather bad; nopony should have to live like that..." He thought for a bit. "Well, I'm from Cloudsdale... an only child; my family was pretty well-to-do, upper-middle class. My dad's an architect... a good one. My mom's a homemaker, but she has a beautiful singing voice. My cutie mark represents my musical ability... my tenor voice. I'm also something of a composer, though I'm working on improving that right now. What else... um... I toured as a member of the Manehattan Chamber Choir for two years... I just moved into town a few days ago."

"I think you and I are going to get along just fine, Thunderclap." He slowed down a little, putting a foreleg over Thunderclap's shoulders with little difficulty. "I hope my home is comfortable enough for you." He walked a little ahead, opening the door of his home. "I'm making salad for lunch, if that's alright. Are you hungry?"
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: New in town.... as usual.   New in town.... as usual. I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 3:39 pm

Thunderclap continued. "I grew up in a very small farming community. So small it isn't even on many maps. It was called Bridlewood, which always struck me as ironic. There wasn't a forest anywhere." Thunderclap chuckled. He then listened to Arpeggio give a little information about himself. "So I guess we're both new here. Guess we can discover together!"

Arpeggio then offered Thunderclap some food. "Am I hungry?" He asked, "As a horse!" He the playfully gave Arpeggio a light knock on the back.
Back to top Go down
Arpeggio

Arpeggio

PostSubject: Re: New in town.... as usual.   New in town.... as usual. I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 3:49 pm

He laughed. "Well, I guess that answers that, then. I'll make up a soup with the salad as well. Big ponies like us need plenty of fuel, after all." He gave Thunderclap a friendly jab in the stomach and went into the kitchen, starting to make up lunch. "There's a shower in the bathroom down the hall; second door on the left. You look like you could use a little cleaning up."
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: New in town.... as usual.   New in town.... as usual. I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 3:55 pm

Thunderclap laughed. It was true. The closest thing he had to a shower in 5 months was standing in the rain. "OK you make the food. I'll take a shower." Thunderclap started to walk up the stairs, then turned around. "Any help you need for making lunch once I'm done showering?" He did not want to just be waited upon. He wanted to help.
Back to top Go down
Arpeggio

Arpeggio

PostSubject: Re: New in town.... as usual.   New in town.... as usual. I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 4:06 pm

(No stairs; there's one normal floor and a basement. XD) "Well, I'll make up the dressing, but you can make up the salad if you want. I'll take care of the soup." He got the vegetables out; spinach, lettuce, and carrots. He then took the fruits out; strawberries and apples.

Singing a tune quietly, he began making a strawberry vinaigrette to go with the salad; as he did so, he started prepping the soup, getting onion, celery, some cheese, tofu, and some of the carrots, finely chopping them and adding broth to the soup pot.

Arpeggio's own stomach gave a low growl as he cooked. "This will be delicious~"
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: New in town.... as usual.   New in town.... as usual. I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 4:13 pm

(Oops sorry) Thunderclap nodded and walked into the shower. He turned it on nd let the hot water rinse him down. It felt great. He had not had a proper shower in quite a while. He took a quick shower, wanting to go help make lunch. He stepped out of the steaming shower and wrapped himself in a towel. Thunderclap then walked into the kitchen, still not completely dry. "So where are your veggies? I'll make you my mom's famous garden salad!" He then began searching the kitchen for a cutting board and knife.
Back to top Go down
Arpeggio

Arpeggio

PostSubject: Re: New in town.... as usual.   New in town.... as usual. I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 4:18 pm

"Second drawer down is the cutting board." He set a knife down by the veggies on the counter. "You won't mind a strawberry vinaigrette, will you? Well, you don't have to use it if you don't like, but I was in the mood for something a little sweet today." He stirred the soup, adding diced potatoes and celery to the broth with the onion pieces; the carrots would be added in a little bit. His stomach growled rather loudly as he cooked. "...Eheh... yeah; I'm kinda hungry, too. Thanks for helping with lunch, Thunder. Anything in particular you want to drink?"
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: New in town.... as usual.   New in town.... as usual. I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 4:29 pm

Thunderclap pulled out the cutting board. He placed it on the counter and began to dice up a variety of vegetables. He always loved his mother's cooking, and always tried to emulate it. His knife chopped through the veggietables quickly, dicing up lettuce, carrots, radishes, peppers, tomatoes, and a wide variety of other plants. "No I don't mind, put whatever dressing you want on." He then threw all his minced up vegetables in a bowl, and began to toss them. "And its no problem helping with lunch. I like to cook. I had to cook for myself for the past couple years." Thunderclap finished tossing the salad and added the dressing. "And for drinks, I'll take whateveryou give me. I'm not picky."
Back to top Go down
Arpeggio

Arpeggio

PostSubject: Re: New in town.... as usual.   New in town.... as usual. I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 4:32 pm

"It looks delicious. I suppose fruit juice is okay? I'm quite fond of apple juice, myself." He gave the soup another stir, adding the carrots. "Cook this just a little longer and we're golden. Can you set the salad on the table, please?" He gestured to the somewhat small table nearby. He added just a little salt to the soup, then covered it, keeping the stove at low heat. "There we go."
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: New in town.... as usual.   New in town.... as usual. I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 4:38 pm

"Fruit juice sounds great!" Thunderclap said. He was just used to drinking water. Juice seemed almost like a luxury to him. He placed the salad on the table. "OK, once you get the soup done, then we can eat." Thunderclap looked at his salad. It looked delicious, if he did say so himself. "So I'm thinking after lunch I would go explore the town, care to join me?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
Arpeggio

Arpeggio

PostSubject: Re: New in town.... as usual.   New in town.... as usual. I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 4:43 pm

"I'd be happy to. I still don't know a whole lot about the town, but a very nice mare showed me around the day after I moved in." He poured two bowls of the soup and set them on the table, then got two glasses and filled them with the juice. "Here we go. Let's eat; I'm starving." He licked his lips and started eating the salad. "...Wow. This is delicious! Thanks, Thunder."
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: New in town.... as usual.   New in town.... as usual. I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 4:53 pm

"No problem! I like to cook." Thunderclap said. He dug into his salad. He was never one for table manners or protocal, and devoured his salad. He then moved onto his soup and began to slurp it down. "Wowee! This soup is amazing! I think I could get used to living here." He then chugged his juice and slammed the cup on the table. "I thank you for the lunch and the room. You have already done too much for me." He said, "If you ever require anything of me, do not hesitate to ask."
Back to top Go down
Arpeggio

Arpeggio

PostSubject: Re: New in town.... as usual.   New in town.... as usual. I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 4:57 pm

Upon seeing Thunder's not caring for manners, he decided to forego them as well; he devoured his salad and soup, chugged his juice, and let out a somewhat-loud belch. "You're quite welcome, Thunder. I'll be sure to keep that in mind." He rubbed his stomach, getting up from the table and taking care of the dishes. "For now, though, feel free to make yourself comfortable. The guest bedroom is the left side end of the hall, by the way. My bedroom is right across the hall from it."

He went over to the living room and rested on the sofa.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: New in town.... as usual.   New in town.... as usual. I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 5:04 pm

Thunderclap nodded and walked towards his new bedroom. He placed what little he owned on the bed. He unpacked his bags, pulling out his money and placing it on a bedside table. He also pulled out a picture frame and placed it next to the money. Inside the frame was a picture of Thunderclap and his two Earth pony parents. He smiled and walked back out to the living room. He saw his new friend and roommate had begin to rest on the sofa. Thunderclap then layed down on te floor and stared at the roof. "It is so nice to have a roof over my head" he said.
Back to top Go down
Arpeggio

Arpeggio

PostSubject: Re: New in town.... as usual.   New in town.... as usual. I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 5:14 pm

"Well, I'm glad I could provide one for you, Thunder." The clouds started rolling in outside. "Good thing we talked when we did. Looks like the storm is coming a little early." He put a jazz record on the phonograph and started it playing, relaxing on the sofa again. "I think you and I are going to be great friends. If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to ask me, alright, bud?"
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: New in town.... as usual.   New in town.... as usual. I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 5:20 pm

Thunderclap liked the jazz music that Arpeggio had put on. "Ya, I'll ask you if I need anything, we can rely on each other." He then spread out his wings. His eyes slowly began to droop, the music playing him to sleep. Soon he was asleep on the floor, snoring softly. He shuffled around in his sleep for a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New in town.... as usual.   New in town.... as usual. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New in town.... as usual.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next