My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Peaceful Study (open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Elix

Elix

Peaceful Study (open) Empty
PostSubject: Peaceful Study (open)   Peaceful Study (open) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 3:48 pm

Elix was back at his favorite shop in Ponyville and ordered his soothing green tea with mint, mixing in his mind calming medicine to keep his mind stable while he studied. he took a seat and opened up his book of herb and a peice of paper, writing down formulas, using magic to write, flip the pages and lift his tea cup to take a sip.

" hm, im preaty sure i had more on clouds, must send an order form to Cloudsdale next time for a cloud in a bottle. . . "
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

Location : A little pocket universe after almost destroying the old one.

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Study (open)   Peaceful Study (open) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 9:15 pm

It was, quite frankly, a work of art in a test tube. The smallest rainbow, stretched between two tiny clouds, illuminating the small container. Intel's breath was taken as he examined the small treasure. It had taken a whole lot of effort to get so little of the substance, and even that had been a little bit less than legal. But damned if the scientist was going to jump through the multitude of bureaucratic hoops and hurdles only to get a tiny amount to be returned unsullied, essentially making it useless for anything useful. It was quite, quite fortunate that he had met the pegasi that saw the light of his intentions and managed to smuggle this quantity out with promises of more to come. Until then, he had to be careful with what little he had.

So it was examination only. Experimentation had to come later when he had more of the stuff. Maybe he could get the proper equipment to properly magically treat it later. Try to mess about with it's sources and sinks, perhaps...

When he heard the other unicorn in the place wonder out loud, he couldn't stop himself from remarking, "Have fun filling out the many forms and signing the many contracts to get a tiny amount in three months." Looking towards his addressee, he frowned. There was something about the other that reminded him of himself...
Back to top Go down
Elix

Elix

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Study (open)   Peaceful Study (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 3:16 am

Elix looked up at the other unicron, and smirked at his comment on the legal protocal into obtaining a cloud sample.

"I take it you had unreliable past with having exotic ingredients delivered to you? I have some asociates I have in some of the major parts of Equestria to make sure my orders are of top priority. unless you have a safer, faster way into getting the supplies, i like to hear it."

he looked at the vial with the rainbow arc and smirked lightly at it.

"nice rainbow Arc, i take it gem dust combined with some cloud and a drop of rainbow to get the effect? of course a stabalizer to keep it from all falling apart"

Elix took a sip of his tea and flip through his book, still writing down his formula.

"lets see, the dragon tounge plant should give me the desire effect for the portable a/c potion. . . "
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Study (open)   Peaceful Study (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 7:45 am

"It's Cloudsdale, good sir, if you're not a pegasus, they simply don't give you high grade, industrial quality aeromaterials. If you get a royal decree, you're probably going to get 95% purity, and that's if you get a royal decree. So much is the difficulty of acquiring decent aeromaterials that it was financially impossible to study or teach atmospheric magic in Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, thus the severe shortage of literature on the subject."

Intel tilted the tube left and right, contemplating. "You don't even know about basic things like source clouds and sink clouds unless you do some serious digging. The city of clouds do enjoy a monopoly on atmospheric knowledge, which I find wrong. Knowledge should be for all, that's what I believe anyway. Like the knowledge of what rainbows actually are."

His frown deepened. "An a/c potion? How interesting. Are you planning a trip of some sort?"
Back to top Go down
Elix

Elix

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Study (open)   Peaceful Study (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 2:12 pm

"i have my own hypothesis of what the rainbows in Cloudsdale is made of; I belive its made from the pigmintation of those who failed their flight exam, but that probably unlikily due to how grim in nature it is."

He continued to write down his formula, finding a good place to stop and made the quill stop writing his thoughts to answer his curiosity with the reason he is making this potion.

"No, but some locals from Appleloosa were complaining about the heat there while visiting Ponyville, so I thought i could make a profit by making a potion which will counter-act the heat in the desert town. I don't think we have met before, I'm Elix. My profession is in alchemy and potion manufacturing for anyponies need from a remedy for a stomach ache to more mystical ones like increasing your natural luck for a fixed ammout of time."

Elix sipped his tea and smiled at the fellow unicorn, motioning him to join him and chat, he could use company to talk to for a bit, let his mind rest a bit and decrease the chance for his mind to go into an unstable, Chaotic state.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Study (open)   Peaceful Study (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 8:22 am

"Alchemist, huh. I've met quite a few in my time. I'm Intelligent Design in name, foolish ambimancer in nature." He paused, as a small light was illuminated in his memories. "Oh, I remember you! You're Discord's Alchemist; the one who went a little crazy on his own concoction, aren't you? I feel like I do owe you a bit, actually. Your crazed state did inadvertently prove how effective my magic dampeners were. A trial by fire really."

Intel smiled bashfully as he sat next to him. "I apologise, making comments like that, if they offend. I know some would find me talking about that sort of thing to be irritating. You wouldn't really remember me, though. I was only told of you in passing, after all."

"A potion counteracting heat is somewhat curious, though. Does one drink it and have their body temperature drop? If so, I can think that it would have medicinal potential in treating high fevers or such."
Back to top Go down
Elix

Elix

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Study (open)   Peaceful Study (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 11:55 pm

elix les out a heavy sigh as somehing from his past obiously still loomed about in Equesria, hough it wasn't fear or anger, but amusement and couriosity, which he did not mind at the moment and infac was courious by what he ment as his own memory was fuzzy at best what he did during the first time he was in his chaotic state of mind.

"hm? how so? did i use some kind of spell on you or something? My memory of what I did after the incident is blurry at best and its ok, I haven't heard anyone referr to me like that in a long time."

Elix took another sip of his tea to calm his mind after hearing his cursed title and began to answer his couriosity.

"wellat the moment it is more like a lotion so to say; you would lather or rub the potion into your skin and it will cause a chemical reaction to absorb the heat from the body and expelling it out while drawing in moisture from the air to the skin, in which will evaporate and cool off the fellow pony. it essentially creates fast evaporating sweat and removes heat from the body."
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Study (open)   Peaceful Study (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 1:38 am

"Very medicinal, then," Intel laughed, "But you thankfully didn't cause anypony much harm at all. All the excess spells that you did misfire all over the place were supressed by newly designed magic dampeners that were installed. Yours was the first case of my little devices in action beyond controlled testing, and it was a complete success."

His laughter settled down to a more amused expression. "So, how do you usually test your little concoctions, Mr Elix? I'm assuming you have to get quite a lot of trusting volunteers from all works of life for your products."
Back to top Go down
Elix

Elix

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Study (open)   Peaceful Study (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 4:51 pm

"well becarful with such a device, if in the wrong hands, could be catastrophic, but in the right hands can stop one."

He smiled as his couoriosity continnued and asked a question on whom he test his new potions on.

"well I have three ways of testing. one is willing volenteers, they either come in the kindness of their heart, or if need be, earn some easy bits. the second is hospitals, anyone willing for experimental medicine and know the risk can test my potions to see if they work and help cure of their illment. and the last means of testing is on criminals, usually only got to that if i made a potion that isn't aplicable for medical situations and no one is willing to test it."
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Study (open)   Peaceful Study (open) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 9:45 pm

"Anything and everything can be terrible in the wrong hooves," Intel said lightly, "Of course, anything and everything can be good in the right ones. It all depends on the pony that wields it."

He tilted his head. "I am, however, reminded of a debate that is currently occuring in the Canterlot courts at present. About testing, specifically. It is necessary, obviously, but the debate is more centred around pony and animal rights. Is it right, for instance, testing products on the unwilling, or those unable to make an intent? My testing is more around the physical magics rather than the alchemical or life magics, so I hadn't been affected by it that much, but since you are an alchemist, I don't suppose you've been following this little debate?"
Back to top Go down
Elix

Elix

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Study (open)   Peaceful Study (open) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:41 pm

"I can not follow the debates for too long, streesed my mind out and can cause an episode. but i know the basics of it. I think criminals shouldn't have a choice as they did not obey the set laws, thus giving up their rights, but other then that, those who lack the ability to choose or those who choose not to, even if offered money, should not be tested on. same with animals, you shouldn't test on them as they lack the ability to agree or disagree unless you can talk to animals like a few ponies seem to be able to."

Elix explained this and sctratched his head, taking another drink of his tea to calm his mind, hating talking about government and its debates, too stressful on his mind and in fact felt sorry for the princesses fro having to find a way to settle both ends.
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Study (open)   Peaceful Study (open) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:26 am

Intel sighed. "Since I became the head of the ambimancy department, my work has become less actual magic and more handling careful politics. But when you read the reports on what they used to do..." He shuddered. "Not even mass murderers and foal abusers should undergo what they used to do..."

He looked wistfully at his rainbow in a test tube. "Maybe that's why I left? Because I didn't find my job satisfying anymore? I don't remember exactly..."

Shaking his head of the troubling thoughts, "But it really should depend on the specific circumstance, I think. Even pony criminals are still ponies at heart, and removing all rights seems...heartless. I'm sorry. This isn't socially correct, is it? Jumping on an unsuspecting pony and grilling them about ethical politics like this. Ah... Do you come here often?"
Back to top Go down
Elix

Elix

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Study (open)   Peaceful Study (open) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 11:09 am

Elix listen to him explain and elaborate on his veiw of the government, though it differ a bit from his veiw point, he wasn't the kind to force change on anyone. it took him about three seconds to realize he asked a question after the apology and he shook his head to regain focus on the subject at hand.

"oh, acually I do. I come here to stock up on the different tea herbs for some of my potions, usually when the ones i grow arn't mature or if i don't feel like harvesting my herbs yet. also the tea they serve here increases the efficency of my self-prescripe medicine, thus allowing me to make less of my medication then i would alone. plus I just love the tea and the atmosphere."

he sips his tea and smiles at Design before doing the stereotypical thing when asked a question like 'come here often'.

"what about you? were do you usually hang out?"
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Study (open)   Peaceful Study (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 11:42 pm

"I usually work at the workshop set up," Intel shrugged, "But I occasionally I drop by here to get tea stocks." He was sorely tempted to ask about the alchemist's illness, but restrained himself albeit with some difficulty. "My employer-slash-partner has this thing about mechanical flight contraptions, so I'm helping him with the engine problem. Steam and clockwork aren't efficient enough, and enchantment has it's own problems. It's a full time problem, really, with that and tutoring some foals with magical basics."

"Tutoring is rather enjoyable, though. Forcing you to think about what you know in a different way entirely," Intel smiled.
Back to top Go down
Elix

Elix

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Study (open)   Peaceful Study (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 4:30 am

-Elix smiled and listened to his apparently current project of having engine problems and how Steam or Clockwork wouldn't be efficent enough, for shame as three streets down is a pony who is great with clockworks and such.-

"well if the problem is the source of thrust, i might be able to come up with a high compustable formula if that will help, asuming the contraption using the law of action-reaction and not just wind thrust from the beating of wings. and I am glad you can turtor, i have a problem doing that as I can't determine what I can easily understand and what my students can understand."

-he tilted his head as if he was thinking and fished through his sachel that was next to him and pulled out a Vial of a dark blue, slightly glowing liquid.-

"i knew i brought some. this is an odd potion I call the 'awaken blast' potion. when consumed, it acts like caffine only less jittery and last a bit longer, but if exposed to an open flame, it seems the vapors are flamible and will burn a blue flame until the liquid is evaporated into a harmless and eco friendly gas that during my test seem to increase plants health. . . temporarily, but it losses its awakening effect though."
Back to top Go down
dontpressenter
Admin
dontpressenter

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Study (open)   Peaceful Study (open) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 6:02 am

"Liquid combustion engine?" Intel said cautiously, "They tried that before, with oil. Unfortunately, what was intended to be a internal combustion engine became an external combustion disaster. The plan was dr-OW!"

Suddenly, Intel's horn pulsed brightly, and his eyes flashed. After that instant, Intel blinked rapidly, before muttering, "Now what was that? That wasn't natural. At all."

His lips formed a thin line in concern. "Tea. That's what I need. Waiter!"

After ordering a cup, he turned back to his companion. "And I suppose this potion is simple to produce for mass use if the situation called for it?"
Back to top Go down
Elix

Elix

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Study (open)   Peaceful Study (open) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:20 pm

-Elix looked at him a bit confused at his reaction as the potion was ignited and placed the now empty vial in his bag as the potted plants seemed to be a shade greener then before._

"You alright? seemed to have what i can surmise as a Magical Short circuit. But to your question, Yes This particualr potion is easy to mass produce as the ingredients are cheap, just need at least a day in advance to make this as I don't really keep dried coffee beans in mass quantities."

-he sips his tea and orders another one as the one he has is running out. when it arrives hie takes out a vial to put a a few drops of it in his tea. he puts the potion back and finishes off his first cup before taking a sip of the new cup-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Study (open)   Peaceful Study (open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Peaceful Study (open)
Page 1 of 1