My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Study now, party later

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

Study now, party later  Empty
PostSubject: Study now, party later    Study now, party later  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 5:55 pm

Whiplash wrote furiously on his paper. He sat at a small table at the back corner of the library, a mound of books and papers surrounding him. "Gee, I've been working here for so long. I'm glad I'm almost done prepping for my class tomorrow." He sighed, leaning back in his seat. "I don't even know why I try this hard. I'll probably only get a couple ponies coming to my lecture. Nopony is interested in the past anymore."

Whiplash wrote some more down on his paper. He took of his hat and scratched his head, and placed his hat down beside him, letting his short, yellow, mane out. He sighed as he wrote the last sentence down. "Phew, all done." He said. "I really should get out more. All work and no play makes Whip a very dull pony." He said, and smiled.
Back to top Go down
gemini starshade

gemini starshade

PostSubject: Re: Study now, party later    Study now, party later  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 6:04 pm

gemini was looking for books on other cultures in the library. he found a few he liked, but trying to grab a book from the top shelf, he realized he grabbed to many. the weight of the book he grabbed made him drop the books on the table below him in a large mess. hovering down he starts to apologize profusely. " sorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorry" he starts to pick up his books again.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: Study now, party later    Study now, party later  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 6:12 pm

Seeking for a certain book, Moon Whistle walked around the shelves containing history books.
"Now, um, let's see..." she muttered herself, and pointed at the books' backs. "A, Ab, Acc, Ado, Afg..."
Someone might've thought she was possessed, but actually she was reading the shortened names of the authors of the books, searching for something in particular, however, when she found the right place, it was empty.

She glared at the empty space, like it would bring the needed book back, but as it did not happen, she snorted and turned away, ready to leave the history section. "Some book-hog, again..." she muttered, much vexed, frowning and ears flopping as she heard a large thud when books fell from a nearby shelf.
Turning to look at the direction of noise, she snorted again. Who was messing around and about a library?

[We can assume that Whiplash has hogged the book Moony needed.]
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Study now, party later    Study now, party later  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 6:27 pm

Whiplash looked in horror as books came crashing down from above him. Good thing years of dodging booby traps gave him quick reflexes. He quickly vaulted out of the way of the cascade of novels. He looked up to see the books had knocked his own stack over and scattered some of his papers. Whiplash began to quickly gather up his papers, "Its ok." He said to the pegasus who dropped the books, "Nopony was hurt, and we can easily reorganize this," He said, his smile appearing on his face. "Besides, that was the first exciting moment of my day."
Back to top Go down
gemini starshade

gemini starshade

PostSubject: Re: Study now, party later    Study now, party later  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 6:37 pm

gemini quickly picked up the rest of his books, then put them in a pile on the table. " i think i might have grabbed one to many books. though i can't travel around equestria when i don't know about the places i want to visit." gemini starts to go over his books, looking at which ones he will put back, then eventually sighed and put a daring do book back on the shelf. "again, sorry about the mess."
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: Study now, party later    Study now, party later  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 6:43 pm

"Will you two be quiet around there?" Moon Whistle said, with rather irritated tone. "There are ponies trying to find the books they need."
She pointed at the shelf around the history section, then tossing her saddlebag over her back, seeing that the one needed was not there.

She left the section, and approached the two others nearby a study corner. "You two are worse than the mule, who came here last week to have a nap, and his snoring shook the whole library."
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Study now, party later    Study now, party later  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 12:34 am

Whiplash smiled as he saw one of the books the pegasus put back. "Ah, Daring Do. My life in a nutshell, except mine might be a little less exciting." He admitted. He had finished gathering up his papers and placed them on the desk. He then began to put his books back. "Good thing I was finished my work anyway." He said, and smiled.

Whiplash looked up at the angry unicorn. "I'm sorry to have disturbed you. We are finished here, so you can read with no distractions." He walked over to the bookcase and began to put his history books back. He smiled as he saw one of the books on the shelf was one he had written. "Good to see my work gets recognized." He said.
Back to top Go down
gemini starshade

gemini starshade

PostSubject: Re: Study now, party later    Study now, party later  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 12:48 am

"oh. so you travelled around equestria then? i plan on travelling around some of the cities, but im working up some bits first. so, what type of book did you write?" gemini asked, suddenly curious in the other pony's experiences from other towns.

Last edited by gemini starshade on Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: Study now, party later    Study now, party later  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 3:23 am

[Gemini, Whiplash is an earth pony. https://mlp-fim-oc-rp.rpg-board.net/t635-whiplash ]

Moon Whistle rolled her eyes to the constant yapping. Sure thing, libraries were nowadays more than just a place to get books, but being a silent pony, she appreciated silence. She said nothing more to the other ponies present, and headed towards the section of lighter reading; shelves were filled with books of romance stories, adventures and action.

Eyeing the selection, she picked up one with the leading mare and her stallion in the front cover, in passionate embrace, their manes and tails twirling in strong winds. Questionable reading for a studious and somewhat smart unicorn like her, but she felt like having something extremely light to read. It would have been extremely embarassing to get caught with a trash novel like that.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Study now, party later    Study now, party later  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 6:17 pm

Whiplash nodded. "My entire job requires me to travel. I am a traveling archaeologist and a professor."He said. "And my book isn't all that interesting. It is just a factual history book about ancient civilizations." He said. Whiplash finished shelving his books and gathered up his papers. "I have to teach a class tomorrow, that is why I am working here." He said, putting his hat back on.
Back to top Go down
gemini starshade

gemini starshade

PostSubject: Re: Study now, party later    Study now, party later  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 6:43 pm

"i hope i didn't bother that unicorn too much." gemini said, suddenly realizing he forgot to apologize to her."so, you teach classes? what do you teach?" gemini asked, taking a look at the textbook. " actually, i didn't apologize to that unicorn for making the loud noise. i'll go apologize to her, before its too late." gemini said, getting distracted by the the thought of another pony hating him because he didn't apologize. he goes towards the section she went to.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: Study now, party later    Study now, party later  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 6:51 pm

Moon Whistle noticed somepony approaching her, and she quickly pushed the book back to its shelf, grabbing a magazine, and trying to look like an article of Manehattan economics was the most interesting thing in the world.

Little did she notice, that the magazine was upside down, thush not readable.
She looked at the approaching pegasus over the magazine, trying to get ready whatever was going to come from his way.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Study now, party later    Study now, party later  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:25 pm

Whiplash smiled, happy somepony was interested in his work. "I teach archeology and history. If you want you can attend my seminar tomorrow. O can guarantee it is not full up." He said, his smile fading a little.

Whip watched as the pegasus walk towards the unicorn. He noticed she quickly switch out a novel for a magazine. He smiled, remembering using a similar move to procure an idol from a shrine. "Must be embarrassed about what she is reading." He thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
gemini starshade

gemini starshade

PostSubject: Re: Study now, party later    Study now, party later  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:00 pm

gemini walked up to the unicorn, then started to tilt his head. "ummm. how.....how do you read upside down?" gemini asked, with a smile on his face at the unicorn trying to hide what she was doing. " ya know, you could've just hid the book. i'd understand if you didn't want me to see what you were reading. i had quite a few siblings back home, so i know what its like to want to hide something you don't want to be caught with." gemini starts to look around, scratching his head.he stops suddenly. "oh yeah, sorry for the loud bang earlier. i grabbed one too many books and dropped them all."
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: Study now, party later    Study now, party later  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 4:15 am

"I was JUST looking at the graphs of this article." Moon Whistle said, pointing at the graphs and charts accompanied by the economics article, but seemingly embarrassed about the whole thing.
She placed the magazine back to its rack, sighing at her own try to hide a guilty pleasure. "Yeah, well... I was really taking a look at those romance novels up there." she finally admitted, her cheeks flaming red.
Moon Whistle rubbed the back of her head, eyeing the other ponies present.

"No need to apologise." she then said, her irritation calming down, "I guess I just was on a bad mood - I tend to do so, when there is something I can't find."
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Study now, party later    Study now, party later  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 7:58 pm

Whiplash finished putting the books back in the history section. He put his whip on his back and walked over to the other two. "I heard you couldn't find what you were looking for. Well, I took a lot of books off of the shelf to prepare for my class, and I just put them back. It may be one of those." He said. It was obvious to him the the unicorn was embarrassed about looking at the romance novels, so he decided not to mention it.
Back to top Go down
gemini starshade

gemini starshade

PostSubject: Re: Study now, party later    Study now, party later  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 12:28 am

gemini looked at the novels curiously." i think my twin sister read a couple of those." he looks at the whiplash. "why do you have a whip? isn't that dangerous?" he asks, curious as to the purpose the other pony has for a whip in a library.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: Study now, party later    Study now, party later  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 4:17 am

"Of course you know, that when a lot of books are stored in one place, they gain consciousness and will propably open a portal to somewhere, where there are unimaginable horrors", Moon Whistle said to Gemini, "That's why he needs a whip." She talked with a serious face, while she was actually quoting something from Terry Prancing's Wheel-Earth-series.

Moon Whistle took a note of Whiplash's words, disappearing for a moment back to the history section. She let out a small squeak of joy, as she finally got the book she had been searching. A study about astronomy before the age of proper telescopes, when ponies were filled with superstition and fear of things they did not understand.

[Terry Prancing's Wheel-Earth-series is of course Terry Pratchett's Discworld-series. Don't know if you are familiar with it.]
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Study now, party later    Study now, party later  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 12:54 pm

Whiplash chuckled. "I guess I'm just used to carrying it around. In my line of work, its incredibly handy. Besides, its only dangerous if I start swinging it around." He said. He then looked up at a higher shelf, noticing a book he would like to read. "I can also do this." He said. Whiplash pulled out his whip and sent the end flying towards the book. His whip wrapped around it, and with a yank, it can back to Whiplash, who caught it.

Whiplash turned around when he heard Moon Whistle squeak. "Everything OK over there, miss?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
gemini starshade

gemini starshade

PostSubject: Re: Study now, party later    Study now, party later  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 3:35 pm

gemini started to laugh when he heard moon whistle squeak. "i think she might have found her book. so, how long did you have to practice with that whip to be able to grab things with it?" gemini asked, wondering how one would practice grabbing things with a whip. " you know, you kinda remind me of daring do. travelling around with a whip and all."
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: Study now, party later    Study now, party later  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 2:37 am

"Just found the thing I need." Moon Whistle announced, now a lot more cheerful than earlier. Now she would have something to read until - well, the book might last until tomorrow, then she'd have to come again.
As the library checked out the books automatically, she just put the book to her backbag and left the section without worry.

"Did someone mention Daring Do?" she asked, "The last book of the series came out lately, you should've seen the queue waiting for the book, I was there."
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Study now, party later    Study now, party later  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 12:25 pm

Whiplah nodded. "Well according to this pegasus here, I'm a lot like Daring Do. Makes sense. As an archaeologist I get to visit all sorts of exotic locales and ancient ruins. Also, I may have found an odd treasure or two. He said. "Somepony should write books about my adventures. They could be a big hit."

Whiplash coiled up his whip. "Oh, it took me a long time to be able to do with the whip what I do now. A lot of time, effort, and cuts." He said, laughing.
Back to top Go down
gemini starshade

gemini starshade

PostSubject: Re: Study now, party later    Study now, party later  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 5:57 pm

gemini laughs a bit. "yeah, one problem though. i think that could count as copy-write. and as for the last book, i haven't had a chance to get it. to many things i need to do. though i wonder if its as bad as everypony says it is? i can't imagine a bad daring do book."
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: Study now, party later    Study now, party later  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 6:09 pm

Moon Whistle said to the pegasus, "It is quite entertaining, to say the least. I guess all copies are out from this library, but there is a chance to reserve to book."

[Bah. My mind is all blank. SORRY.]
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Study now, party later    Study now, party later  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 9:53 pm

"How would that violate a copyright? It is the stories of my life. 100 percent true. But, then again, lawyers can do almost anything." He said, and laughed. "Well, I gotta go find something to do. I've been working all day, need to find something to do. Maybe go make some friends so I can do stuff with them." He laughed again. Whiplash was in a much better mood now, ever since his work was done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Study now, party later    Study now, party later  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Study now, party later
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next